How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

On 25/07/2021 at 21:20, jamboinglasgow said:

missed out on being seeded because another team was given over a third of their goals because of Covid.

Yet another f@up courtesy of SPFL and SFA.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You were quite happy to throw a few digs at JJ but now you want to keep it private. 

In your quest to broadcast your  ITK credentials  this one has backfired .

You should get a job at some 3rd rate newspaper .

Nope, the thread is about Savage not anyone else. I didn’t throw any digs at JJ specifically. Just said that the new regime don’t want any confidential information leaking. Last 25 years confidential information leaked out, in fact at times, poured out of the club.  Lots of it actually created and fuelled this forum. Nobody can deny that. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Pm me if you want to continue this. Not taking the thread off topic. 

Not taking the thread off topic? You already did that by posting this ‘oh so smart’ dig at Jim Jeffries.
So you now want to go private 😏well everybody on here has seen it so be a man and back up your claim that blackens his name!

DFF1DD40-F02F-48AE-BD59-FD0F508EFF2E.jpeg

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nope, the thread is about Savage not anyone else. I didn’t throw any digs at JJ specifically. Just said that the new regime don’t want any confidential information leaking. Last 25 years confidential information leaked out, in fact at times, poured out of the club.  Lots of it actually created and fuelled this forum. Nobody can deny that. 

No digs at JJ specifically?

You better read what you posted to me, for a start you said he had “loose lips”!

iwasthere1954
16 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mind you used to bang on about Olly Lee's assists as well? 

Stats don't mean all that much in Football, buddy. 

That's absolute nonsense. By your logic finishing in the top three or four over a few seasons doesn't mean much. I think a lot of our fans would settle for that.

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

No digs at JJ specifically?

You better read what you posted to me, for a start you said he had “loose lips”!

I’d like to go back to the bulk of the last 25 years of leaks pouring out. 

We were a better team! 

32 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d like to go back to the bulk of the last 25 years of leaks pouring out. 

We were a better team! 

No idea what “leaks” he was rambling on about….. maybe it was the imminent signings of Adam, Cameron, Niemi, McCann, Weir, Salvatore, Flogel…….🤔

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

No idea what “leaks” he was rambling on about….. maybe it was the imminent signings of Adam, Cameron, Niemi, McCann, Weir, Salvatore, Flogel…….🤔

Yes, if only we had avoided the "leaks" that scuppered the potential signings that you list. What a team we would have had had we managed to get these guys on board😎

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If there were "leaks" then they certainly weren't broadcast very wide given everyone got their news from the radio, TV and papers, and the "mad chatty bloke down the pub" was the equivalent of today's social media and forum posters.

14 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

In answer to the OP, he’ll no look too clever if Beni Baningime ends up at Dundee Utd or even ends up here. The no leaks policy will have failed badly with the first player he’s gone after since bragging about it in his interview. 

He said he doesn't like leaks because it can alert other clubs. He didn't say "nobody will hear about any of our transfer business" because that's impossible to guarantee. There are three parties involved in the Baningime deal and given it was a Liverpool paper that initially got a hold of it, it seems very unlikely the leak came from the Hearts end.

Also the only reason you think it's "the first player he's gone after" is because you haven't heard of any others. Because Hearts haven't been leaking information.

9 hours ago, DC_92 said:

He said he doesn't like leaks because it can alert other clubs. He didn't say "nobody will hear about any of our transfer business" because that's impossible to guarantee. There are three parties involved in the Baningime deal and given it was a Liverpool paper that initially got a hold of it, it seems very unlikely the leak came from the Hearts end.

Also the only reason you think it's "the first player he's gone after" is because you haven't heard of any others. Because Hearts haven't been leaking information.

In that case he’s naive, far too naive to run Hearts’ playing side if he thinks a guy from Everton is going to settle for £2K a week and not put it out there that he’s available. My understanding (from a former Hearts employee) is that he’s not happy this has been leaked and the paper, player and agent all know this. What that does to the deal, I’ve no idea. What is not in doubt, however, as he said that he’s he’s had two signings, “almost over the line,” since probably the start of June. Do we believe this? I’m maybe giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying this was one. It also seems to have leaked due to the player being named in a squad bound for America and suddenly left behind. Hardly surprising a decent journo picked up on this and asked what the script was. 

As I’ve said earlier in the thread I’ve heard his interview and not bought it. Heard it a million times before in football. Ever heard anyone in football say they’re going to do badly? Usually it goes tits up and suddenly they, “inherited a mess!”

What type of player are we going to attract that feels his maximum worth is what Hearts are willing to pay and won’t tell anyone? McEneff? Jury’s out on him and already can’t get a game. Stewart? Gives me the fear. Gnanduillet? Jury also remains out (after a good start it must be said, so jury very much divided on him). GMS is the best he’s signed so far but he’s a 30+ winger who failed to impress until mid-April. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Nookie Bear
59 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

In that case he’s naive, far too naive to run Hearts’ playing side if he thinks a guy from Everton is going to settle for £2K a week and not put it out there that he’s available. My understanding (from a former Hearts employee) is that he’s not happy this has been leaked and the paper, player and agent all know this. What that does to the deal, I’ve no idea. What is not in doubt, however, as he said that he’s he’s had two signings, “almost over the line,” since probably the start of June. Do we believe this? I’m maybe giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying this was one. It also seems to have leaked due to the player being named in a squad bound for America and suddenly left behind. Hardly surprising a decent journo picked up on this and asked what the script was. 

As I’ve said earlier in the thread I’ve heard his interview and not bought it. Heard it a million times before in football. Ever heard anyone in football say they’re going to do badly? Usually it goes tits up and suddenly they, “inherited a mess!”

What type of player are we going to attract that feels his maximum worth is what Hearts are willing to pay and won’t tell anyone? McEneff? Jury’s out on him and already can’t get a game. Stewart? Gives me the fear. Gnanduillet? Jury also remains out (after a good start it must be said, so jury very much divided on him). GMS is the best he’s signed so far but he’s a 30+ winger who failed to impress until mid-April. 

He is a bullshitter. Doing his job, granted, but no more than that and here we are again, another transfer window about to end as a negative…until the next one. 

Absolutely perfect fit for Robbie. 

Ainsley Harriott
On 28/07/2021 at 08:11, Shaggy2 said:

In answer to the OP, he’ll no look too clever if Beni Baningime ends up at Dundee Utd or even ends up here. The no leaks policy will have failed badly with the first player he’s gone after since bragging about it in his interview. 

How do you know Beni is the first he's gone after since the interview? Perhaps we've spiked to loads of others but they weren't leaked?

37 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

How do you know Beni is the first he's gone after since the interview? Perhaps we've spiked to loads of others but they weren't leaked?

I don’t, as explained in my next post. I’m just too long in the tooth to buy shite from a salesman I’ve seen a million times before. 

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

It's only naive if he doesn't think it's possible that stuff leaks out from other parties. I'd have to take your word for it that that's the case. What the policy clearly has done is minimise the amount of our transfer business that's getting out there from Hearts.

It does seem to me that nothing he could have said in the interview wouldn't have drawn criticism (despite him acknowledging several times that he'd be judged on his actions) and if he hadn't done the interview he'd be accused of hiding.

I've not seen anything concrete to get excited about so far but it's too early for me to make my mind up on his merits either way.

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

It's only naive if he doesn't think it's possible that stuff leaks out from other parties. I'd have to take your word for it that that's the case. What the policy clearly has done is minimise the amount of our transfer business that's getting out there from Hearts.

It does seem to me that nothing he could have said in the interview wouldn't have drawn criticism (despite him acknowledging several times that he'd be judged on his actions) and if he hadn't done the interview he'd be accused of hiding.

I've not seen anything concrete to get excited about so far but it's too early for me to make my mind up on his merits either way.

I'm just surprised that he thinks he can keep a secret in modern football. Everyone knew we were after Boyce and we got him. Everyone knew we were after Gordon and we got him. They'll come if they want to come but it's unlikely in this day and age a player or his agent will not inform Hibs or Aberdeen that Hearts have offered £2,000 a week, do you want to go to £2,250? I'd wager we gazumped Aberdeen for GMS. Is it ok for us to find out another club's targets but spit the dummy if someone does it to us?

A weird policy that won't work in football, imho. Prepared to be proved wrong, though.
If you had immense football talent, would you take the first offer on the basis that Savage/Hearts tell you that if you shop around you can jog on? That's how Hibs lost John Robertson in 1980! With this policy we'll end up with pish who can't find a better deal.

I'm really surprised at some of the fans on here are describing him as the real deal. Maybe too young to have heard Mercer, Robinson or even Romanov as well as every manager. DoF or whatever giving it big licks about future plans.

Edited by Shaggy2

RustyRightPeg

Few doubters in here may be eating their words should this lad turn out to be half decent.

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Few doubters in here may be eating their words should this lad turn out to be half decent.

Luckily I love eating and I’ll be delighted to do that. Although to be fair, this is a Mr Obvious states the obvious type statement. It’s a fair size IF at the moment for a guy who has played 12 top team games at 22. 👍😁

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Luckily I love eating and I’ll be delighted to do that. Although to be fair, this is a Mr Obvious states the obvious type statement. It’s a fair size IF at the moment for a guy who has played 12 top team games at 22. 👍😁

Looking at the position he plays, hopefully he can transform how we play the way Billy Gilmour (11 top team games) did for Scotland in central mid, simply by being technically very good, never hiding and making the right passes. No pressure!

He looks to have the physique for Scottish football which can be half the battle thinking how well Tony Sibbick did despite Sibbick never being near the EPL. Actually was hoping we'd be in for Sibbick again (especially as he could play in CD and RB), but this guy seems to have potential.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looking at the position he plays, hopefully he can transform how we play the way Billy Gilmour (11 top team games) did for Scotland in central mid, simply by being technically very good, never hiding and making the right passes. No pressure!

He looks to have the physique for Scottish football which can be half the battle thinking how well Tony Sibbick did despite Sibbick never being near the EPL. Actually was hoping we'd be in for Sibbick again (especially as he could play in CD and RB), but this guy seems to have potential.

I’m quite optimistic if I’m honest. Midfield has needed legs for a while so hopefully he brings that. A debut like Toby Sibbick would do nicely. 

Pasquale for King

Great signing today, keep them coming and he might yet be top of the class 🤞👍🏽👏🏾

9 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I'm just surprised that he thinks he can keep a secret in modern football. Everyone knew we were after Boyce and we got him. Everyone knew we were after Gordon and we got him. They'll come if they want to come but it's unlikely in this day and age a player or his agent will not inform Hibs or Aberdeen that Hearts have offered £2,000 a week, do you want to go to £2,250? I'd wager we gazumped Aberdeen for GMS. Is it ok for us to find out another club's targets but spit the dummy if someone does it to us?

A weird policy that won't work in football, imho. Prepared to be proved wrong, though.
If you had immense football talent, would you take the first offer on the basis that Savage/Hearts tell you that if you shop around you can jog on? That's how Hibs lost John Robertson in 1980! With this policy we'll end up with pish who can't find a better deal.

I'm really surprised at some of the fans on here are describing him as the real deal. Maybe too young to have heard Mercer, Robinson or even Romanov as well as every manager. DoF or whatever giving it big licks about future plans.

That seems to be at odds with our change to lower basic/higher bonus - or did GMS beat the change?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That seems to be at odds with our change to lower basic/higher bonus - or did GMS beat the change?

Seem to start every reply with, “I’d be surprised,” in this thread but if we’re paying less than Aberdeen offered then that’s how I’ll end this post. 😁

Do you think if they offered more, he’d be a Hearts player? I’d be surprised! 

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Seem to start every reply with, “I’d be surprised,” in this thread but if we’re paying less than Aberdeen offered then that’s how I’ll end this post. 😁

Do you think if they offered more, he’d be a Hearts player? I’d be surprised! 

I suspect he's made a bob or two in his career and possibly wanted a total change.  He'd already been with the Sheep and maybe didn't fancy a return.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I suspect he's made a bob or two in his career and possibly wanted a total change.  He'd already been with the Sheep and maybe didn't fancy a return.

It’s a theory. An unlikely one for a boyhood Hibs fan who had a good time at Pittodrie and was wanted back there, but a theory all the same. 👍

HEARTS FOREVER
32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Pretty clever? 

1627568488benibanner.jpg

The pretty clever question was the fact that we needed two goals to be seeded in the cup and couldn't manage it against a shit inverness side. 

Had we got a deal like this done a bit quicker.....it may have been a different story.

1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

The pretty clever question was the fact that we needed two goals to be seeded in the cup and couldn't manage it against a shit inverness side. 

Had we got a deal like this done a bit quicker.....it may have been a different story.

Think Savage will be good for us mate. 

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I really hope  so bud believe me. We deserve a break.....too many mistakes for too long.

3 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I really hope  so bud believe me. We deserve a break.....too many mistakes for too long.

Agree 👍 but can only hope we get off too a good start, you know how I feel about Robbie, but if he doesn't deliver he will be replaced, Ann isn't stupid. 

So Robbie and management now need to deliver not only for themselves but us, Joe has brought in better players, young hungry players that will benefit this team. 

Hopefully we can take them to the next level. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Few HOBOS in here may be eating their words should this lad turn out to be half decent.

Fixed it for you

HEARTS FOREVER
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Agree 👍 but can only hope we get off too a good start, you know how I feel about Robbie, but if he doesn't deliver he will be replaced, Ann isn't stupid. 

So Robbie and management now need to deliver not only for themselves but us, Joe has brought in better players, young hungry players that will benefit this team. 

Hopefully we can take them to the next level. 

Spot on.....but the good start has been hampered with that Inverness result.  Anyway if we win at Parkhead and go on a decent cup run,  I'll be a happy man.  I think that because the club has made so many basic mistakes over the last five years...this just felt like another. 

Time will tell.

Just now, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Spot on.....but the good start has been hampered with that Inverness result.  Anyway if we win at Parkhead and go on a decent cup run,  I'll be a happy man.  I think that because the club has made so many basic mistakes over the last five years...this just felt like another. 

Time will tell.

Personally think we will get beat myself, away from home we aren't great, but we can certainly give it a go nothing to fear. 

Think we have a better chance winning against that lot this Saturday. 

It’s refreshing to see that we seem to be signing hungry younger players as opposed to the Levein era of aged pension top up signings

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

But not a shit keeper on the day. It happens. Fact is we were screwed out of being seeded by yet more idiocy from the SPFL in seeding teams that only played 3 games ahead of us.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

HF we had the players to get the job done already (winning 2-0 or better) they just didn't even with 20 shots at goal and 12 on target. That's on the players (and an inspired Ridgers performance) not Savage.

HEARTS FOREVER
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

HF we had the players to get the job done already (winning 2-0 or better) they just didn't even with 20 shots at goal and 12 on target. That's on the players (and an inspired Ridgers performance) not Savage.

It's a Results business mate.

Buck stops with Savage and Neilson.

A better side could have got that extra goal.

1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It's a Results business mate.

Buck stops with Savage and Neilson.

A better side could have got that extra goal.

They certainly would have pushed more for it. Running it into the corner when even a defeat was enough to qualify in the same position (unseeded). What was all that about? Hearts seemed to care more about the clean sheet record on Sunday than actually achieving their optimum target. In many ways, I think if Cochrane hadn't made that superb block in the 1st half, we'd have come back and won 2-1 or more, which would have been enough.

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

But not a shit keeper on the day. It happens. Fact is we were screwed out of being seeded by yet more idiocy from the SPFL in seeding teams that only played 3 games ahead of us.

Don't let the facts regarding the total incompetence of allowing a 3 goal Covid advantage to outweigh games actually played and won get in the way at having a go at Hearts.

After all its not the first time the authorities have screwed Hearts under the cover of Covid, is it?

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Don't let the facts regarding the total incompetence of allowing a 3 goal Covid advantage to outweigh games actually played and won get in the way at having a go at Hearts.

After all its not the first time the authorities have screwed Hearts under the cover of Covid, is it?

Its utterly incredible if you think about it. Not a brain cell out there unless its to **** clubs over

15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Could only happen here. Yet more proof that the game here is run by complete muppets.

Austin MacGlee
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So do I.

colinmaroon
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yup!

Of course, unless he signs Messi some will continue to have a go.

34 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Yup!

Of course, unless he signs Messi some will continue to have a go.

They will criticise us for signing a player of his age.  Its always Hearts fault, remember.

:cornette:

john thomas
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

They will criticise us for signing a player of his age.  Its always Hearts fault, remember.

:cornette:

Agreed . This thread and the one anticipating RN's fekk ups are both based on negative stuff that hasn't yet happened 

Nothing to do with opinion just want to make Hearts look bad 

Should be moved to a different forum 

Maybe call it Cess Pit ?

10 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Agreed . This thread and the one anticipating RN's fekk ups are both based on negative stuff that hasn't yet happened 

Nothing to do with opinion just want to make Hearts look bad 

Should be moved to a different forum 

Maybe call it Cess Pit ?

Hibs.Net would seem more appropriate