How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

A quote from John Collins on Sportsound on Saturday night "You won't find a better signing than Baningime in Scottish football this season".  Nuff said, close thread.  

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

Carl Fredrickson
22 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

😂 Fair play. I’ve  never shirked away from humble pie in my life. If I’m wrong I put my hands up and we move on. Last one I got badly wrong was Paul Hartley I think. Wasn’t alone in thinking he was a shyster when he first arrived. If he gets near SPH then 🤞 we’re on a winner here, Trig. Play it cool, play it cool…😁

You dont get to the size we are without eating a lot of humble pie :) I think Beni looks like a star in the making. I am away to look out cutlery for you :)

The White Cockade

If this is the standard of player we are looking to bring in then Savage is looking very clever indeed 

Would the pant wetters rather we had brought in half a dozen shysters a month earlier as we have been doing last few years 

Never heard by of him

before but was the best player on the park and looks real quality 

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

A quote from John Collins on Sportsound on Saturday night "You won't find a better signing than Baningime in Scottish football this season".  Nuff said, close thread.  

Off topic but a group of us (two of the guys knew him personally) were talking to him a few weeks ago and he looked painfully thin to the extent of not looking too well.

Edited by DETTY29

alwaysthereinspirit

Had a great game for a pro footballer with two team practices under his belt. Probably didn’t even know the names of all his teammates. Looked like a really good signing. Just before half time he looked done physically. Second half he looked fitter and never stopped hustling. Won a bunch of 40/60 and 50/50 contests. He’ll be a fan favorite if he plays like that most weeks. Can’t wait until Saturday.

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Collins always seems to just call things as he sees them. Doesn't appear to show preference for his former teams despite the fact that he'll be asked about them more often, as is the case for any former player. 

5 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

You dont get to the size we are without eating a lot of humble pie :) I think Beni looks like a star in the making. I am away to look out cutlery for you :)

😂 Stick in some of the Colonel’s secret spices and it’ll be finger licking good. 

Carl Fredrickson
55 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

😂 Stick in some of the Colonel’s secret spices and it’ll be finger licking good. 

:robboyas:

• 2 weeks later...
HEARTS FOREVER

I rest my case.

Out the cup early doors yet again.

Bringing in players to this squad early was imperative. 

Good few quid and another trophy down the drain.

....and Neilsons tactics were shite.

Thats reality right there. Unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I rest my case.

A bit too gleeful, imo, bud.

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, martoon said:

Not at all. Gutted.

Took some stick on here pointing out the obvious.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

He'll be well chuffed. Rangers were drawn at home in the qf.

5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I rest my case.

Bringing in players early is not "imperative". What's imperative is that we bring in the right players. Hopefully the others we bring in are as good as Baningime looks.

None of the "we need to get our business done early!!!" crowd seem to acknowledge that this means moving on from our main targets, who may not be able to move until later in the window for whatever reason, to players who are seen as inferior or less suitable, just to get them in early. If we were able to sign those main targets by now then the deals would already be done.

This idea is particularly ridiculous when you consider that we have maximum points from our league campaign, so you're talking about doing this purely on the basis that it would have won us a cup tie away to Celtic.

And yes, more pertinently, Neilson's tactics were shite.

2 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Not at all. Gutted.

Took some stick on here pointing out the obvious.

Taken a fair bit myself from the Neilson's on various threads.

Never posted with a giruy tone when we turn in a Neilson typical performance, though.

Each to his own, I suppose.

HEARTS FOREVER
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bringing in players early is not "imperative". What's imperative is that we bring in the right players. Hopefully the others we bring in are as good as Baningime looks.

None of the "we need to get our business done early!!!" crowd seem to acknowledge that this means moving on from our main targets, who may not be able to move until later in the window for whatever reason, to players who are seen as inferior or less suitable, just to get them in early. If we were able to sign those main targets by now then the deals would already be done.

This idea is particularly ridiculous when you consider that we have maximum points from our league campaign, so you're talking about doing this purely on the basis that it would have won us a cup tie away to Celtic.

And yes, more pertinently, Neilson's tactics were shite.

I take your point

Fact is though....we were short in the previous tie. Today could have been avoided so early in the competition.

we need to get the right players in, not just bodies in to fill holes early. so far the guys that Joe has helped bring in look decent, and if he continues to help find that quality then I'll happily wait.

the problem today was the shit 1st half tactics, not Joe's recruitment.

it has been spoken about a lot, but because of the pandemic and the shortfall in money across the UK (especially the market we are in) teams are holding on to players and there isn't much movement at the moment, it is frustrating but hopefully as teams start to wheel and deal towards the end of the window then the quality players we are looking for will become available.

unfortunately as we are looking for quality over quantity (an actuality this time it would seem) this means not panicking and waiting to get the right caliber of player in.

to that effect, it looks like Joe and the rest of the recruitment department are doing the right thing.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

9 months in and he has built the best Hearts squad of the last decade,can't wait to see what he does after a few windows.

Excellent use of the bump function. Early days but looking good imo. 

43 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

9 months in and he has built the best Hearts squad of the last decade,can't wait to see what he does after a few windows.

Indeed.  Savage by name...

Hearts forNever will be furious. As others have pointed out it is far better to take our time and get good players than rushing and getting lots of poor ones 

Byyy The Light

Plenty folk shot their muck way too early as per.

Still early days, haven’t seen most of them playing yet so can’t really call it but much happier with the overall approach.

On 15/08/2021 at 17:38, DC_92 said:

I still think we might be light in one or two areas and I've seen too many transfer windows to get overexcited about players we haven't seen yet, but it would be good if people remember this for next time.

Contrast with 2018, the flagship "getting your business done early" window. We've managed to have a similarly good start to the season and improve the squad without signing a heap of dross in May and June.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So far its all good for me. Another quality striker and I think we will be 3rd minimum. Wonder what he’s working on for January? :interehjrling:

16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So far its all good for me. Another quality striker and I think we will be 3rd minimum. Wonder what he’s working on for January? :interehjrling:

His first task ought to be getting Souttar to sign a new contract before then.    :scenes:

27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Should have the league title wrapped up by then. He’ll probably be turning his hand to putting a side together for the Champions League. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Should have the league title wrapped up by then. He’ll probably be turning his hand to putting a side together for the Champions League. 

We'll probably build 2 squads, one for the CL and one to retain the league title.

2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

We'll probably build 2 squads, one for the CL and one to retain the league title.

Good plan. 👍. Hope Joe is reading. 

Bazzas right boot
On 25/07/2021 at 20:50, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It's aways a sign of things to come in my experience. 

Games have been slow boring and uninspiring. 

:fonzie:

On 25/07/2021 at 20:37, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Sorry mate....don't know if you've noticed but the season has started.  👀

On 25/07/2021 at 20:32, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Fact is.....if we can't score two goals against a shit inverness team we are in trouble already.

Pre- season has been underwhelming to say the least.

If yer happy with that good luck to you . 

:kisskiss:

On 25/07/2021 at 20:09, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Anyone think our signing policy has worked so far? 

Couple of players could have been the difference tonight. 

Aye, we Ken. 

On 25/07/2021 at 20:55, Greedy Jambo said:

It's all about the unbeaten run against diddy teams though. 

First half decent team we came up against, we got pumped, "it was only a kickabout though"

:wtfvlad:

On 25/07/2021 at 20:37, Jambof3tornado said:

Did you watch the game today???

Lacking any quality and composure in midfield.short at cb and striker too.

Cant wait to play celtic.

How that work out? 

On 25/07/2021 at 20:45, Boris5115 said:

Never listened to it. Fair to say that a fair amount of Hearts fans are fairly easily reeled Inn tho. We are clearly lacking 3 decent signings and this must be addressed very soon. Unfortunately we still have the likes of Damour and Popescu stealing a wage. 

Damour and Popescu... Aye? 

On 25/07/2021 at 21:17, Jambof3tornado said:

We have played one decent side in Sunderland and they won easily.

The football is becoming much the same safe passing no risk no excitement stuff. Boyce is carrying us. We lose boyce we are ****ed.

:greggy:

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, we Ken. 

How that work out? 

You enjoyed that didn't you? 😄

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

You enjoyed that didn't you? 😄

Pasing time. 

That was just the first page. 

😁

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, we Ken. 

How that work out? 

Both these players were still at the club at the time of my posting so I really don't see what you're point is.

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like the cut of your jib…

Transfer windows are hard to navigate.

You can have a target and want him in early, but agents and clubs will not always fit our agenda.

In theory the guys would have been in earlier, but I'm glad we've waited and signed Woodburn if he was the top target rather than say take an alternative who was maybe 3rd choice. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Both these players were still at the club at the time of my posting so I really don't see what you're point is.

Because you jumped the gun before the window was shut and were launching slaver grenades right left and centre. 

Tbf, you weren't the worse, your fears were from a good place. 👍

Compared to others, you're just a bit damp, some others are drowning- they launched that many slaver grenades. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Joe Savage is doing a fantastic job

He really is, a fantastic decision getting him in. 

This is easily the best window since 2014, arguably, we have a strong team now than though which is something to really excited about I think. 

Bazzas right boot
On 25/07/2021 at 21:21, Boris5115 said:

Far to sensible assessment of where we are currently. Happy clappers won't see it this way tho. They are in denial. 

🤣🤣

On 25/07/2021 at 21:48, jambocub said:

Or like the last few years most signings won't make a difference 

🙄

On 25/07/2021 at 21:55, Tasavallan said:

As well you know, the objective was to win by 2 or more goals.  It was Sunday, all the other games were already played.  Neilson knew what was required to get a seeded position in the draw. Total lack of urgency and another weak choice.

With exception of Pollock, that team was piss today. Ginelly did nothing all game.  Boyce flounced around in midfield, he does not have the pace to switch between midfield and attack.   Sure statistically Hearts were all over ICT but in truth it was just playing around the wings and along the half-way line.  Neilson waited to 66 min to make changes that should have been done long before that.

If Savage does not do something quickly then I am not seeing anything other than being involved in a Bottom 6 dog-fight, which the other 5 teams will be better prepared for.

🤔

On 25/07/2021 at 23:11, Cut The Crap said:

I thought by this stage I might have some idea of what he brings to the club. 🤷‍♂️ 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 26/07/2021 at 00:44, Cruyff said:

If Savage brings in 3 or 4 quality guys then fair play for playing the long game and getting the right folk. If he doesn't, then we have a problem. At the moment, I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt as there's another 4 weeks. 🤞

👍👍

On 26/07/2021 at 00:09, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Makes a change from the usual raft of utter injury prone dross we've shipped in over the past few seasons. 

Its actually staggering how shite our scouting has been when you compare it to the jj 98 era when he was working on a shoestring budget and somehow unearthed rousset, Bruno, salvatore, Adam etc plus signing amazing scottish players. (yes I know he also signed the likes of eskillson haha but nobody could have predicted that!!) 

👍

On 26/07/2021 at 06:22, XB52 said:

I thought the coronavirus thread was bonkers but the terrace is now beating it hands down. Surely, surely, most of these posters can't be Hearts fans. 

👍

On 26/07/2021 at 14:42, pointon said:

Looking like Savage could nae deliver a runny shite after a vindaloo and 20 pints of Stella 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 26/07/2021 at 14:45, Pans Jambo said:

So we have binned the man before a ball is even kicked in anger? Aye good.

Never change JKB. Mad as a bag of cats!

The window is still open and there's the January window as well but let just sack him now eh?

:vrface:

👍👍

Pant wetters shining through on this thread. 

Bazzas right boot
On 26/07/2021 at 16:37, pointon said:

Looking as daft as he looks

On 26/07/2021 at 18:20, pointon said:

So at what point does he hit wage thief level ?

On 26/07/2021 at 22:25, pointon said:

Well not his job 

On 26/07/2021 at 22:32, pointon said:

My point is this season is now on Savage not Robbie due to the failure of recruitment 

On 26/07/2021 at 22:39, pointon said:

Randy Savage had more creditably 

On 26/07/2021 at 23:52, pointon said:

You have to hand it to Randy Savage failed to sign his top targets and the ones we could afford have now so for other clubs no wonder JJ left

article-2585163-1C70320000000578-391_306x487.jpg

Starting to make progress , decent looking signings coming in with the deadwood being moved along. Hopefully this time next year we will see a strong squad with a few less loanees required 

HEARTS FOREVER
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pasing time. 

That was just the first page. 

😁

The first page or OP rather was at a time when we had signed nobody really, season had started and we headed out the cup which imo at the time could have been avoided. 

Still stands.

Especially when realisticly its one of only two trophies we can win.

As for the here and now, I have to say Savage has turned it around and very optimistic about what's ahead. Time will tell of course.

But you have far too much time on yer hands mate. Sad trying to point score from the future,  the whole point of the post was we were a bit ill prepared for the league Cup and went out....and I was right. 

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

The first page or OP rather was at a time when we had signed nobody really, season had started and we headed out the cup which imo at the time could have been avoided. 

Still stands.

Especially when realisticly its one of only two trophies we can win.

As for the here and now, I have to say Savage has turned it around and very optimistic about what's ahead. Time will tell of course.

But you have far too much time on yer hands mate. Sad trying to point score from the future,  the whole point of the post was we were a bit ill prepared for the league Cup and went out....and I was right. 

Maybe a little reflection on your part. 

Keep your pants dry and hold on to the slaver grenades until at least the window closes or like most-we play games. 

You weren't right, unless you are advocatting a scatter gun signing policy for a possible small term game over the longer term.

You still can't reflect and say you were wrong, so have another one of these - 

:vrface:

Even now it is too early to really judge, yet you had it all sorted before August was out. 

:vrface::vrface:

Don't worry about my time, but If you never had so much time in the First place to type so much shite which in turn encouraged some others to post even more shite then it would have saved me time replying - It's a vicious circle. 🤷‍♂️

Just admit  this op has made you  look like a bit of a plum and be done with it. 

0_20207554.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

On 15/08/2021 at 17:20, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I rest my case.

Are you still resting your case?

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because you jumped the gun before the window was shut and were launching slaver grenades right left and centre. 

Tbf, you weren't the worse, your fears were from a good place. 👍

Compared to others, you're just a bit damp, some others are drowning- they launched that many slaver grenades. 

Slaver grenades you say. I won't get into a slanging match with you as there are more important things in life but I would say that you are more contraversial than most on this forum and I think that you just do it to be stir the shite from time to time. Enjoy another day on the forum as I'm away to do some essential work. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Slaver grenades you say. I won't get into a slanging match with you as there are more important things in life but I would say that you are more contraversial than most on this forum and I think that you just do it to be stir the shite from time to time. Enjoy another day on the forum as I'm away to do some essential work

Can I go large with that please 👍