How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

HEARTS FOREVER

Anyone think our signing policy has worked so far? 

Couple of players could have been the difference tonight. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

Салатные палочки

Is it 31st August already? Happy birthday to me. 

last time i checked we won the game and created plenty of chances. Won the group without conceding a goal.

The hyperbole on here is actually embarrassing. Makes me miss the euros

That's plenty for the night I think 😂😂, sake man. 

Now I understand Robbie's comments about folk ****ing off to watch Man City. If we dinni win 4-0 every game, we're shite.

Hearts won, Hearts got through to the next round. Enjoy it.

You can greet the next time we lose... but for now, try to let Hearts give you a wee bit of happiness, nah?

We had no luck whatsoever tonight and if that changes somewhat against the Glasgow vermin then we have the players to beat them. Not the best draw we could’ve had but definitely not time to throw in the towel.

Cmon the JT’s

I don’t think he ever looked that clever. Looks like a taxi driver imo. Too early to tell if he’s going to do a decent job though, talks well enough

HEARTS FOREVER

Fact is.....if we can't score two goals against a shit inverness team we are in trouble already.

Pre- season has been underwhelming to say the least.

If yer happy with that good luck to you . 

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Lack of cover in key areas is glaringly obvious. We are nowhere near prepared to begin a league campaign.

Ainsley Harriott
24 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Ask again when the window closes. Might want to change your pants to 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Still looks like a tattie to me. 

He does look like a potato yes. I thought that too 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Is McEneff injured?

No 

1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Fact is.....if we can't score two goals against a shit inverness team we are in trouble already.

We didn’t. That isn’t the same as can’t. Surely everyone could see the issues tonight and it wasn’t the finishing. Not enough movement off the ball, limiting attacking options and even when there were realistic forward options, we played it safe too often. We’ve got decent finishers in the squad, we’ll come good if we keep creating chances. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Aye pre-seasons are usually overwhelming occasions as well

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye pre-seasons are usually overwhelming occasions as well

Sorry mate....don't know if you've noticed but the season has started.  👀

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, R1874 said:

last time i checked we won the game and created plenty of chances. Won the group without conceding a goal.

The hyperbole on here is actually embarrassing. Makes me miss the euros

Did you watch the game today???

Lacking any quality and composure in midfield.short at cb and striker too.

Cant wait to play celtic.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not having a go at Savage, yet, as there's still time but Jesus, the amount of people taken in by an interview is quite tragic. Judge on actions, not words.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, flem said:

Must be as we played Boyce in midfield ahead of him. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No 

He bloody better be, 4 years Savage was scouting him apparently. 

Ainsley Harriott

Sorry mate....don't know if you've noticed but the season has started.  👀

You were talking about pre-season 

So was I 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not having a go at Savage, yet, as there's still time but Jesus, the amount of people taken in by an interview is quite tragic. Judge on actions, not words.

Correct

5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Even Cove managed to put 3 past Inverness. Pretty much sums up Hearts under Neilson. 

HEARTS FOREVER
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

You were talking about pre-season 

So was I 

Tonight's game was league Cup bud.

Coincides with the crap performances pre season.

That was my point.  Obviously flew over yer head.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I thought he spoke well but you’re right of course. Folk are getting a bit carried away. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I thought he spoke well when he got the chance but you’re right of course. Folk are getting a bit carried away. 

FTFY

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Never listened to it. Fair to say that a fair amount of Hearts fans are fairly easily reeled Inn tho. We are clearly lacking 3 decent signings and this must be addressed very soon. Unfortunately we still have the likes of Damour and Popescu stealing a wage. 

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Did you watch the game today???

Lacking any quality and composure in midfield.short at cb and striker too.

Cant wait to play celtic.

I think we are at a crucial point. I think we are playing better football ( I know it was against lower league)look more determined and persistent but now is the time to show our ambition with a couple of good signings who just help take the team to a slightly higher level.

Hearts fans are waiting to see if we have better judgement in the market(in relation to the last few years) , if Savage will come good (even in this relatively short time at the club) and make the shrewd signings for key positions we’ve all spoken about. 

All the work Neilson is trying to do to make us a more positive outfit could all crumble if we don’t get signings made ASAP.  There’s a suspicion we are “happy to go with what we’ve got” early doors as if RN has a magic wand.  

Be interesting to see what happens this week. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Tonight's game was league Cup bud.

Coincides with the crap performances pre season.

That was my point.  Obviously flew over yer head.

Didn't fly over my head just find it weird you were looking forward to a riveting pre season 

Guest ToqueJambo

Looks good so far. GMS, Gnando, Cochrane and Ginnelly all arrived under Savage and look more than up to it. Some signings required but the window hasn't closed.

7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Even Cove managed to put 3 past Inverness. Pretty much sums up Hearts under Neilson. 

Doesn’t really work like that. We put 3 past cove after all. We are through the groups having won all our games and not conceding a goal and St Mirren are only seeded because they were ‘awarded’ a 3-0 win. I don’t want Neilson to continue but the cup results have been fine. 

JamboAndrew

I'm no expert here. But we have buttons to spend. And we want quality. As do many teams.

Many contracts run till 31st July. Then players decide what's in front of them.

If we brought in a bunch of no name folk we had never heard of but looked like journeymen, then I'd call that regression.

If we hold put for quality, then we have a lot to compete against. This isn't Champ Man. I have no doubt they can see the problems in the team. But the last thing we need is knee jerk signings and end up with a bunch of Whelens, Damours, Wightons etc...

2 very good, GMS standard signings would for me, be a good transfer window. I'd also like to gut the squad and fill it with folk of Gordon's standard. But in the current climate, and with what we have on our books, it's just not possible.

We've not blown folk away. But we are winning regularly. That's nice. And a nice change. 

At the start of a season I'm always optimistic. I'm really hoping 5 league games in I'm still full of hope.

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Compared to posters on JKB? 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Didn't fly over my head just find it weird you were looking forward to a riveting pre season 

It's aways a sign of things to come in my experience. 

Games have been slow boring and uninspiring. 

Ainsley Harriott

It's aways a sign of things to come in my experience. 

Games have been slow boring and uninspiring. 

Slow boring and uninspiring are 3 words I would use to describe Robbie 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Doesn’t really work like that. We put 3 past cove after all. We are through the groups having won all our games and not conceding a goal and St Mirren are only seeded because they were ‘awarded’ a 3-0 win. I don’t want Neilson to continue but the cup results have been fine. 

Come on we should have put more than one past them tonight. We are dull to watch. Side back side side back. At least we agree Neilson has to go tho. 

Greedy Jambo

It's all about the unbeaten run against diddy teams though. 

First half decent team we came up against, we got pumped, "it was only a kickabout though"

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Come on we should have put more than one past them tonight. We are dull to watch. Side back side side back. At least we agree Neilson has to go tho. 

We should have and I said above we were too cautious and not enough movement off the ball. We should have put more past them but we created enough chances to score more and on another day we would have. Tougher tests ahead and I’m very doubtful of us having a good league campaign but the four league cup games have been ok. 

kingantti1874

Now this is a stupid post, if we can’t get the right players we can’t get them. It’s certainly not becuase we don’t want them.

those players should be more than good enough.  We have a bad manager

HEARTS FOREVER
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Slow boring and uninspiring are 3 words I would use to describe Robbie 

Then we agree on something pal

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We should have and I said above we were too cautious and not enough movement off the ball. We should have put more past them but we created enough chances to score more and on another day we would have. Tougher tests ahead and I’m very doubtful of us having a good league campaign but the four league cup games have been ok. 

I'm very worried about the season ahead with the current coaching staff and squad. I hope to god I'm wrong tho. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

I'm very worried about the season ahead with the current coaching staff and squad. I hope to god I'm wrong tho. 

Same. A few signings in key positions could make a difference but RN just isn’t going to cut the mustard. 

Savage said in his interview that they are chasing several players but nobody will know about them until it's scarf over the head time and I've no reason not to believe him. Time will tell but having said that I'd have liked a couple more  scarf over the head moments before now.

29 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

And Cove beat us by how many?

5 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And Cove beat us by how many?

Nae worries Robbie il sleep easy tonight. Night night. 

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think we are at a crucial point. I think we are playing better football ( I know it was against lower league)look more determined and persistent but now is the time to show our ambition with a couple of good signings who just help take the team to a slightly higher level.

Hearts fans are waiting to see if we have better judgement in the market(in relation to the last few years) , if Savage will come good (even in this relatively short time at the club) and make the shrewd signings for key positions we’ve all spoken about. 

All the work Neilson is trying to do to make us a more positive outfit could all crumble if we don’t get signings made ASAP.  There’s a suspicion we are “happy to go with what we’ve got” early doors as if RN has a magic wand.  

Be interesting to see what happens this week. 

We have played one decent side in Sunderland and they won easily.

The football is becoming much the same safe passing no risk no excitement stuff. Boyce is carrying us. We lose boyce we are ****ed.