How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

I was being sarcastic.  (Too Young for 86)

You’re lucky. Sometimes I wish I didn’t live it. Never read a newspaper, never seen the highlights. Didn’t even watch the documentary that was around recently. Not interested. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Humblerogue said:

DE73E644-0D8B-442F-AC49-7F0726C38297.jpeg

Looks the bees knees 

Onwards and upwards

Wonderful piece of business.

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You’re lucky. Sometimes I wish I didn’t live it. Never read a newspaper, never seen the highlights. Didn’t even watch the documentary that was around recently. Not interested. 

Agreed - it is still too painful even to think about! 🙈

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Agreed - it is still too painful even to think about! 🙈

I moved to the US in August 86. It helped a little. No constant reminders. It still hurts even today. ☹️

Lone Striker

From what some folk more knowledgeable than me have mentioned, 1st August seems be significant as far as players in England are concerned  - something to do with their contract end date and them getting their final salary.     

Monday 2nd August seems  a worthwhile date to have a gander at Hearts twitter page - there might be a photo of 2 heavily tattooed arms holding a scarf aloft.       We can then take bets on how long before the JKB oot brigade turn on him for being sh1te.

:waiting:

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I moved to the US in August 86. It helped a little. No constant reminders. It still hurts even today. ☹️

JJ got the monkey off our back but nothing can erase 1986! 🥲

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

JJ got the monkey off our back but nothing can erase 1986! 🥲

I’ve never physically seen us win anything.

98 I was already coming home for the World Cup.

2006 my parents were here visiting.

2012 we were already booked for my nephews July wedding back home.

Next one hopefully 👍🏻

been here before

For the times when the current five page shite-a-thon populated by the usual suspects just isnt enough we have pointon.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye slightly lazy, correct. 

We do need a couple of squad fillers / subs. Not everyone we sign will be first 11 players. 

Just now, allystrachan said:

More threads than signings. 

Well not his job 

been here before
Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

This thread should provide new information.

A whole season of this frothing ahead.

Happy days.

Batistuta87

Already a thread going about Savage. 

But aye, give the guy a chance and let's see who he actually brings in before we go deciding whether he's any good or not ffs.

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Next one hopefully 👍🏻

Stay away from cup finals😆

7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Next one hopefully 👍🏻

You were there in spirit mate! 

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

😂

been here before
5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Surely just merge with the other Savage thread? 

Nah keep it going. Give the same roasters 2 different threads about the same thing to say the same things over and over.

Horatio Caine

Ffs.  This is like being in a nursery full of spoilt brats who spend their whole time looking for things to complain about.

Give it a rest.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Let's just see what happens?

Ha **** that meltdowns are the way forward 😂seriously hope i am wrong 👍

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, pointon said:

My point is this season is now on Savage not Robbie due to the failure of recruitment 

Funny Happy Groundhog Day Images - Novocom.top

19 minutes ago, pointon said:

My point is this season is now on Savage not Robbie due to the failure of recruitment 

Ann.Not paying enough. 

The Future's Maroon
On 25/07/2021 at 20:50, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It's aways a sign of things to come in my experience. 

Games have been slow boring and uninspiring. 

I just want to give you a wee cuddle, I think you need it...things may be getting on top of you.

Life is hard, accept and deal with it.

heatonjambo
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

One for our older viewers:

Cj5P8DuWsAQnI2l.jpg.0ae87d19e0a2472ddf81e72f715a0ec6.jpg

Gripper

grange hill?

heatonjambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye, Gripper Stebson.

Played by?

I had to google it

very good😀

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

We haven't lost in 13 games to Inverness. Winning 6 out of the last 8.

And that has continued, so why the pant wetting? 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Adobe_20210208_212627.png

C'mon tae ****. 

Is this hibs net or jkb? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

If you could chose a young striker to play for Hearts, 

I WOULD GO FOR REO GRIFFITHS WHO WAS TEMPTED WITH FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL WITH MOTHERWELL EARLIER THIS YEAR 

On 25/07/2021 at 23:20, BackOfTheNet said:

Listen, I’m quite vocal on the transfers thread about the lack of transfers happening being an issue. But it was never about the group stage, I’m not going to bash anyone over the head for that. Let’s get some perspective. My main concern is the league and that to get up and running in the league it would be beneficial if we had the signings we need in earlier. And I’ll continue to have my concerns over lack of transfers as it relates to the league season ahead but come on, the League Cup performances (and certainly results) aren’t the bat to hit anyone with.

Out of interest, would you rather get better quality in slowly or just more rubbish ASAP? I'd prefer to sign 1 more very good player now and wait till the next window than sign 4-5 average squad players. 

alwaysthereinspirit
53 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

🤪

it gets worse. I was there in 68, 76 and 86. But not 96. 

That ones not on me. 😄

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

Out of interest, would you rather get better quality in slowly or just more rubbish ASAP? I'd prefer to sign 1 more very good player now and wait till the next window than sign 4-5 average squad players. 

I think it’s a bit of a myth that to get quality we have to wait until the last four weeks of the window. I think too many are hanging on to the hope we’re waiting on some Naismith style contract expiry payoff before we sign anyone. Maybe we are, Savage’s interview indicates he was excited about the prospects after all. But I have never said we should sign mediocrity, but we have several positions where we need either improvement on the current first team or there’s no competition for places (like RB/RWB) where we could get someone in who may not be first choice. We’ve let 11 go and we’ve recently been promoted from a lower level, it’s only natural that improvements are something that has to be made, especially if we want Top 6 or a European place. We need signings, it’s only better for the team if they have time to gel. Signing players in the last days or weeks of the window does not provide that opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'll judge at the end of the transfer window.

By the end of the transfer window we will have played 5 league games - let’s hope Joe can do the business well before then…..

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think it’s a bit of a myth that to get quality we have to wait until the last four weeks of the window. I think too many are hanging on to the hope we’re waiting on some Naismith style contract expiry payoff before we sign anyone. Maybe we are, Savage’s interview indicates he was excited about the prospects after all. But I have never said we should sign mediocrity, but we have several positions where we need either improvement on the current first team or there’s no competition for places (like RB/RWB) where we could get someone in who may not be first choice. We’ve let 11 go and we’ve recently been promoted from a lower level, it’s only natural that improvements are something that has to be made, especially if we want Top 6 or a European place. We need signings, it’s only better for the team if they have time to gel. Signing players in the last days or weeks of the window does not provide that opportunity.

A constructive and well thought out post - the usual suspects on here will however pigeon you as a “pant wetting toaster”!

You have to hand it to Randy Savage failed to sign his top targets and the ones we could afford have now so for other clubs no wonder JJ left

Just now, pointon said:

You have to hand it to Randy Savage failed to sign his top targets and the ones we could afford have now so for other clubs no wonder JJ left

Gone 

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You backing both horses in a 2 horse race?