How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

What amazes me is so many fans sticking to boot into people and have no idea how a football club is run or what issue arise when signing players. 

im sure those that could do better should maybe apply for the role next time

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

Forgive me if this has been said already but is the answer to the question in the title "considerably more clever than the person that created this thread"?

6 minutes ago, Swimmer said:

What amazes me is so many fans sticking to boot into people and have no idea how a football club is run or what issue arise when signing players. 

Social media gives a voice to the ignorant.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It's a Results business mate.

Buck stops with Savage and Neilson.

A better side could have got that extra goal.

You've made you bed and now your having to lie in it. I get it mate. 

1 hour ago, Swimmer said:

Yeah, but they are good at playing Championship Manager so how different could real life be?

:rofl:

3 hours ago, leith_dude said:

Forgive me if this has been said already but is the answer to the question in the title "considerably more clever than the person that created this thread"?

It’s an absolutely shite OP. Some of the chat in the thread has been good.  

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Don't let the facts regarding the total incompetence of allowing a 3 goal Covid advantage to outweigh games actually played and won get in the way at having a go at Hearts.

After all its not the first time the authorities have screwed Hearts under the cover of Covid, is it?

Yep, what happened to using averages to even things up when teams have played unequal numbers of games?

No idea if we would have been seeded using average pts per game then GD if that was the same but it would have been fairer.

colinmaroon
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep, what happened to using averages to even things up when teams have played unequal numbers of games?

No idea if we would have been seeded using average pts per game then GD if that was the same but it would have been fairer.

Games played:

I believe:

St Mirren 1.7 goals average

Hearts 2.0 goals average

bobby bombscare
23 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

The pretty clever question was the fact that we needed two goals to be seeded in the cup and couldn't manage it against a shit inverness side. 

Had we got a deal like this done a bit quicker.....it may have been a different story.

Logical.. offer a player a 3 year deal just because we can get them in earlier for 1 cup game.. rather than wait for a couple weeks and get a better player who will be better for 3 years and lose seeding in a diddy cup nobody cares about unless they’re in the quarterfinals+. 

that’s the kind of short term thinking that landed us in the championship.. “ohh no, we have Greenock away in the cup and need a midfielder, lets’s but some diddy journeyman and then wonder why they’re not putting the effort in and just happy to pick up a wage and sit on the bench”.. 

we never got seeded. But we now have a player with bags of potential for the next 3 league cup group stages, 3 league campaigns, 3 Scottish cups and potentially 3 European competitions. 

I’ve seen us bounced out of the diddy cup 100 times. It’s really not a competition worth hurrying your transfers over, is it? 

Edited by bobby bombscare

Guest ToqueJambo
On 29/07/2021 at 14:52, HEARTS FOREVER said:

The pretty clever question was the fact that we needed two goals to be seeded in the cup and couldn't manage it against a shit inverness side. 

Had we got a deal like this done a bit quicker.....it may have been a different story.

How? The difference between scoring 1 and 2 goals in that game was not the centre of midfield, it was the Caley goalie playing a blinker. We dominated and were never in danger. What difference would a different DM have made? Would Beni have somehow magic-ed in another of our 12 shots on target into the net or got any of our other 10+ off target shots on target?

Edited by ToqueJambo

30 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Logical.. offer a player a 3 year deal just because we can get them in earlier for 1 cup game.. rather than wait for a couple weeks and get a better player who will be better for 3 years and lose seeding in a diddy cup nobody cares about unless they’re in the quarterfinals+. 

that’s the kind of short term thinking that landed us in the championship.. “ohh no, we have Greenock away in the cup and need a midfielder, lets’s but some diddy journeyman and then wonder why they’re not putting the effort in and just happy to pick up a wage and sit on the bench”.. 

we never got seeded. But we now have a player with bags of potential for the next 3 league cup group stages, 3 league campaigns, 3 Scottish cups and potentially 3 European competitions. 

I’ve seen us bounced out of the diddy cup 100 times. It’s really not a competition worth hurrying your transfers over, is it? 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍you get it, others don’t. 

10 hours ago, Swimmer said:

What amazes me is so many fans sticking the boot into people WHO have no idea how a football club is run or what issue arise when signing players. 

STFY 😉

1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

This “Diddy cup nobody cares about” is one of only two this Club can win!

The League Cup is woven into our history and the 1954 win started the ball rolling on to our golden era!

A cup final day at Hampden is to be savoured and before I pop my clogs I want to see us win it!

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The League Cup is woven into our history and the 1954 win started the ball rolling on to our golden era!

A cup final day at Hampden is to be savoured and before I pop my clogs I want to see us win it!

Fecking John Sutton 😡

32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Correct, I care passionately about it and would love my photo taken with it decked in maroon n white. 
It’s also quite a stretch to say Beni has bags of potential as well when not a single person on here has seen him play, I suspect. I’ll reserve judgement til 10pm tomorrow night at least, or until Madden sends him off in a memorable debut! 

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fecking John Sutton 😡

🙈

10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

By the time Hearts won their last LC the fans had got used to winning

(7 trophies in 8 years). 

Many fans didn't even bother going in to town to see the team coming home with the trophy as they had been soaked after a day in the torrential rain. None of us believed we would never win it again in some people's lifetime.

It really annoys me when people play down us being put out of  the LC as already stated it is one of only two trophies we have a chance of winning these days. 

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It really annoys me when people play down us being put out of  the LC as already stated it is one of only two trophies we have a chance of winning these days. 

I must be missing something here SPL championship 1, LC 2 SCup 3 trophies we have a chance of winning ?

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I must be missing something here SPL championship 1, LC 2 SCup 3 trophies we have a chance of winning ?

OK then let's think positive THREE trophies and we'll win them all this season 👍

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

By the time Hearts won their last LC the fans had got used to winning

(7 trophies in 8 years). 

Many fans didn't even bother going in to town to see the team coming home with the trophy as they had been soaked after a day in the torrential rain. None of us believed we would never win it again in some people's lifetime.

You are absolutely spot on!

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The Championship - yes unfortunately!

The Premier League - no chance!

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

OK then let's think positive THREE trophies and we'll win them all this season 👍

Can’t win the “Championship” - won that last season!

48 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Think Jock means the top league title. 

Can always dream I suppose 😏

Mr Elwood P
On 25/07/2021 at 20:09, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Anyone think our signing policy has worked so far? 

Couple of players could have been the difference tonight. 

……

51 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Clevererthan the person who started this stupid thread

A thread started after winning four cup group games without conceding a goal. 

13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

You misunderstand I meant the SPL championship we have there trophies possible... made a no bad start today👍

I am still a bit meh with the style but as I have said if we were only going to win 1 zip every week I would take it regardless of the style of play.

Edited by jock _turd

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

You misunderstand I meant the SPL championship we have there trophies possible... made a no bad start today👍

I am still a bit meh with the style but as I have said if we were only going to win 1 zip every week I would take it regardless of the style of play.

There's no such thing!  Do you maybe in fact mean the SPFL Premiership? 

On 30/07/2021 at 10:48, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It's a Results business mate.

Buck stops with Savage and Neilson.

A better side could have got that extra goal.

Enjoy the game last night mate? It's just I can't see any posts from you about it. Hurting much😊

part_time_jambo
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There's no such thing!  Do you maybe in fact mean the SPFL Premiership? 

Do you not become Champions if you win the Premiership? Therefore in the generic sense it is a championship.

Pedantics. 

34 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I'd imagine he feels quite clever this morning. 😊

Not a clever as you Vince eh

12 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Do you not become Champions if you win the Premiership? Therefore in the generic sense it is a championship.

Pedantics. 

To continue the pedantry….It is A Championship…..not THE Championship

RustyRightPeg
On 29/07/2021 at 19:54, Shaggy2 said:

Luckily I love eating and I’ll be delighted to do that. Although to be fair, this is a Mr Obvious states the obvious type statement. It’s a fair size IF at the moment for a guy who has played 12 top team games at 22. 👍😁

Not so bad eh

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not so bad eh

Had a great game last night. Anything he contested he won but off the ball he needs to work on his game. Got wrong side at the goal a bit but overall a very promising debut. He may have unearthed a diamond here. 👍

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Had a great game last night. Anything he contested he won but off the ball he needs to work on his game. Got wrong side at the goal a bit but overall a very promising debut. He may have unearthed a diamond here. 👍

😂😂 I was just at the wind up mate. 

Said in another thread if this is the calibre of player Savage is unearthing then we owe him some patience and time 

Baningime signed

Cochrane on loan

Ginelly signed permanently 

Damour away

I think it’s safe to say this lad knows what he’s doing👍

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

😂😂 I was just at the wind up mate. 

Said in another thread if this is the calibre of player Savage is unearthing then we owe him some patience and time 

😂 Fair play. I’ve  never shirked away from humble pie in my life. If I’m wrong I put my hands up and we move on. Last one I got badly wrong was Paul Hartley I think. Wasn’t alone in thinking he was a shyster when he first arrived. If he gets near SPH then 🤞 we’re on a winner here, Trig. Play it cool, play it cool…😁