How clever does Savage look now?

HEARTS FOREVER

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We have played one decent side in Sunderland and they won easily.

The football is becoming much the same safe passing no risk no excitement stuff. Boyce is carrying us. We lose boyce we are ****ed.

And Souttar.  I worry about central defence if he gets an injury again.  

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• HEARTS FOREVER

• GinRummy

jamboinglasgow

Its very on par for Hearts fans to be up in arms and cry that the season will be a disaster after we win 4 games in a row without conceeding a single goal and missed out on being seeded because another team was given over a third of their goals because of Covid.

Wonder how much bigger it would be had we drawn one game of those 4 games.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The football is becoming much the same safe passing no risk no excitement stuff. Boyce is carrying us. We lose boyce we are ****ed.

Far to sensible assessment of where we are currently. Happy clappers won't see it this way tho. They are in denial. 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

And Souttar.  I worry about central defence if he gets an injury again.  

Thought halkett looked jittery today. Injuries to soapy and someone like boyce will see us crumble.

Boyce is very much key to everything good we do right now.

Diadora Van Basten

I would rather we made do with what we have and brought some younger players through. I have little faith that we will sign anyone decent.

1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Anyone think our signing policy has worked so far? 

Couple of players could have been the difference tonight. 

****innnnnnn lols

23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think the football has improved its still laboured at times but when we draw them out weve been quite good at cutting teams open. Could have had a lot more goals in all 4 games. Thats a worry as is the defensive blips but its not as laboured as last year with an Irving moving the ball on his wrong foot avcross the pitch and out of play

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t think there are any happy clappers.

It’s just if you vaguely speak up for the fact that the team are doing ok (but we need signings) you’re ultimately jumped on and called an idiot.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I think the football has improved its still laboured at times but when we draw them out weve been quite good at cutting teams open. Could have had a lot more goals in all 4 games. Thats a worry as is the defensive blips but its not as laboured as last year with an Irving moving the ball on his wrong foot avcross the pitch and out of play

I totally agree with this.

Some people just don’t want to see it or admit it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

26 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We played 4 competitive fixtures and won all 4 without conceding 

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Even Cove managed to put 3 past Inverness. Pretty much sums up Hearts under Neilson. 

That's not even an arguement ffs :lol:

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yep going well so far, it’s an evolution …

Or like the last few years most signings won't make a difference 

Just now, Homme said:

It's the truth tho. One more goal tonight and we avoid the likes of Celtic in the next round. No argument about it. 

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

It's the truth tho. One more goal tonight and we avoid the likes of Celtic in the next round. No argument about it. 

Ok so if Hearts beat Celtic 4-0 , Hibs should beat them 5-0 🤷🏻‍♂️ Cause we are shite n Hibs are better. If  we beat Dundee 4-0 , Celtic should beat them 8-0 because they are far superior to us financially 🤷🏻‍♂️ How does it work

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Tis ****ing mental

Any luck with what i asked on dms pal?

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

last time i checked we won the game and created plenty of chances. Won the group without conceding a goal.

The hyperbole on here is actually embarrassing. Makes me miss the euros

As well you know, the objective was to win by 2 or more goals.  It was Sunday, all the other games were already played.  Neilson knew what was required to get a seeded position in the draw. Total lack of urgency and another weak choice.

With exception of Pollock, that team was piss today. Ginelly did nothing all game.  Boyce flounced around in midfield, he does not have the pace to switch between midfield and attack.   Sure statistically Hearts were all over ICT but in truth it was just playing around the wings and along the half-way line.  Neilson waited to 66 min to make changes that should have been done long before that.

If Savage does not do something quickly then I am not seeing anything other than being involved in a Bottom 6 dog-fight, which the other 5 teams will be better prepared for.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think he ever looked that clever. Looks like a taxi driver imo. Too early to tell if he’s going to do a decent job though, talks well enough

That’s why that’s his nickname in the game. Good spot. 

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

As well you know, the objective was to win by 2 or more goals.  It was Sunday, all the other games were already played.  Neilson knew what was required to get a seeded position in the draw. Total lack of urgency and another weak choice.

With exception of Pollock, that team was piss today. Ginelly did nothing all game.  Boyce flounced around in midfield, he does not have the pace to switch between midfield and attack.   Sure statistically Hearts were all over ICT but in truth it was just playing around the wings and along the half-way line.  Neilson waited to 66 min to make changes that should have been done long before that.

If Savage does not do something quickly then I am not seeing anything other than being involved in a Bottom 6 dog-fight, which the other 5 teams will be better prepared for.

Opinions eh 😉

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

We played 4 competitive fixtures and won all 4 without conceding 

We've won 4 games we'd have been disappointed to not have. We knew what the target was today and failed to be seeded, boyce our main threat deployed so deep he struggled to influence things.

The pace of play is a worry.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Agreed

46 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its very on par for Hearts fans to be up in arms and cry that the season will be a disaster after we win 4 games in a row without conceeding a single goal and missed out on being seeded because another team was given over a third of their goals because of Covid.

Wonder how much bigger it would be had we drawn one game of those 4 games.

We weren't seeded because we didn't score 2 at home to inverness. 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ask again when the window closes. Might want to change your pants to 

Change his pants to what?  🤷🏿‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Far to sensible assessment of where we are currently. Happy clappers won't see it this way tho. They are in denial. 

I'm anything but a happy clapper but we've won 4 meaningful games without conceding a goal.

Compared to the crap we've had in league cup group stages that's progress

Losing or winning a friendly is never a time to judge a team or manager

Neilson has a tough job ahead but he's started the season well

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

This, the whole blaming it on st midden getting a 3 nil is just wrong. We knew what was needed, did we really throw the kitchen sink at it?? I dont think we did

Rick Sanchez
14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We've won 4 games we'd have been disappointed to not have. We knew what the target was today and failed to be seeded, boyce our main threat deployed so deep he struggled to influence things.

The pace of play is a worry.

He was playing centre midfield at one point before Walker came on. Zero creativity other than a few runs from Pollock.

Fact is.....if we can't score two goals against a shit inverness team we are in trouble already.

Pre- season has been underwhelming to say the least.

If yer happy with that good luck to you . 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Aye pre-seasons are usually overwhelming occasions as well

Sorry mate....don't know if you've noticed but the season has started.  👀

This place is batshit mental, and we won.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He was playing centre midfield at one point before Walker came on. Zero creativity other than a few runs from Pollock.

Yup, was hoping boyce was going to play up top with gnando!! 

32 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Bullshit.

We've had Dundee and St Mirren awarded 3-0 wins that have somehow gave them a seeded place.

We pumped Cove.

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tis ****ing mental

Any luck with what i asked on dms pal?

No luck yet mate. They're so snowed under I feel bad for pushing it. But I'll keep at it when the time is right. 

The prime objective was to be seeded. If the prime objective was simply to win the group vs Peterhead and Stirling etc, then that wasn't enough. When you start earlier than other teams, there is no luxury of automatic seeding, Hearts. We still seem to think we are the elite

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thought halkett looked jittery today. Injuries to soapy and someone like boyce will see us crumble.

jittery? because of all the chances he gave away????

Horatio Caine
41 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Or - we didn't score 4 at home to Cove. Or 3 away to Peterhead or SA.  Would have been better for us if one of those two had had a covid outbreak and had ceded the match to us.

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

you wouldn't know the truth any more than your namesake, see Doig's injured

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Anyone think our signing policy has worked so far? 

Couple of players could have been the difference tonight. 

Anyone think the boring thread policy has worked so far?

58 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

That's a clear lie, makes the rest of your nonsense more laughable... 66 minutes.. night hobo 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Or - we didn't score 4 at home to Cove. Or 3 away to Peterhead or SA.  Would have been better for us if one of those two had had a covid outbreak and had ceded the match to us.

Exactly, which, makes a complete joke of the seeding in the next round. If goal difference matters, then giving teams a 3-0 win for a call off tips things. Yes we should have scored 1 more goal. However we have not been seeded when we have had the exact same goal difference as two other teams. Had we won the game 2-1 then Dundee United go out on away goals scored. Had it been determined first on goals conceded then we would have been seeded. It does bring back to why is the last 16 seeded, teams who qualify for Europe get a double benefit from skipping the group stages then getting seeded in the next round.

InternationalJambo
53 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

We weren't seeded because we didn't score an extra goal in our other matches.

What's gone on up until now this season has been fine. We've got the job done and won the group. 

Where Savage and Neilson should be judged is in the league. We should win groups like the one we are in. If they get a similar run going and get us into the top 4 early on then happy days.

If they don't, that's when people can criticise and ask questions. It does worry me that we look as though we've decided a squad that won the championship easily but with some awful football on show is going to achieve our aims in the top league but hey ho.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

STats say we had 21 shots on goal, 12 of them on target.     So we were  shooting from the wings and halfway line ?

Cut The Crap

I thought by this stage I might have some idea of what he brings to the club. 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thought he was poor today compared with normal.

2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

The only signing we could have made which would have seen us seeded tonight, was Mark Ridgers. 

Why? Would he have scored that second goal for us? Or conceded less than Gordon has this season? You can't sign players to not play against you so that's a pretty silly statement...

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

We weren't seeded because we didn't score an extra goal in our other matches.

Correct -  plus St. Mirren getting a 3-0 win awarded to them when their opponent pulled out.   Cheatin' bassas. 😉

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, geomac said:

jittery? because of all the chances he gave away????

No because a journeyman player like duku made halkett look jittery.

InternationalJambo
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Correct -  plus St. Mirren getting a 3-0 win awarded to them when their opponent pulled out.   Cheatin' bassas. 😉

Exactly my point mate. Lol they always will be. 

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I thought by this stage I might have some idea of what he brings to the club. 🤷‍♂️ 

He brought GMS to the club.