Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

Just now, Smithee said:

Hearts fans, optimistic about our chances and supportive of the team and manager?

The absolute ****ing nerve.

"Happy clappers", shittest insult ever

I would rate it up there with getting called a hobo because you don't like the way the club is run. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

KyleLafferty
Just now, Herbert said:

So if you were manager would you try avoiding them in the cups, like we could have yesterday if we scored a few goals instead of reverting to his slow sideways and backwards passing with 0 movement.

Like I’ve said on many threads. We had countless chances put the game to bed? Players on the park couldn’t do it. So he made two subs that made a difference, doesn’t he get credit for that? He’s physically not passing the ball for the players, Halkett was trying the souttar role and couldn’t do it. We need to improve our record through there and what’s better than knocking them out the cup!

Just now, John Findlay said:

So it's all about moneyspinners for you afterall.

So you don't want the club to make money and be able to afford better players?

41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What is the mathematical probability of winning either cup without facing one of them based on the past 50 years of results?  I'd expect very low, but go on and prove me wrong.

That's how it works is it - 

you make a guess, and the onus is on me to prove your guess wrong? :rofl:

Jog on.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I would rate it up there with getting called a hobo because you don't like the way the club is run. 

So you agree you're indulging in shit patter and need to have a word?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So if you were manager would you try avoiding them in the cups, like we could have yesterday if we scored a few goals instead of reverting to his slow sideways and backwards passing with 0 movement.

Please tell me you don't think we got to 1-0 and Robbie went "ah, screw being seeded, chill lads"

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I corrected the false claim that you have to beat Rangers or Celtic to win a cup. 

St Johnstone beating Rangers doesn't effect that.

Seriously? So there knocking out of Sevco didn't count?

Out of our three Scottish Cup wins in my lifetime in two of them we had to beat one of the OF in a final and the other in a semi final. On our way to the final in 1968 we had to put out the then Rangers, it was Rangers again in the 1976 final, Rangers again in two finals in 1996, Rangers again in the 1998 final. 2019 and 2020 finals it was Celtic. So yes to win a domestic cup final in Scotland, there is a 90% chance you have to beat one of the uglies to win it.

To say otherwise is total nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So you agree you're indulging in shit patter and need to have a word?

Trust me I don't enjoy dealing with the barrage of abuse I receive because of my opinion. I do indeed need to have a word though and maybe just block or ignore people like yourself.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So you don't want the club to make money and be able to afford better players?

Hahaha, please tell me where you are performing at the festival this year, I need more laughs.

13 hours ago, lost in space said:

I hope this is a very short topic and this is the last day that I will use it. Unfortunately, I think it will run til until November when he leaves the club.

FAILURE today - at home v Championship team and cant score 2 goals.

To be fair, lots of shots on target and Ridgers has a great game. We have won the 4 games.

BUT - plays Halliday in defence and Boyce in midfield. Hearts only need 2 goals and can afford to lose 1 - but cant do it. PATHETIC.

Some would say team selection was innovative or creative - others would say - " he doesnt have a clue"!!

Boyce is our best chance of a goal - so in midfield.  Took the team too long to take control of the game- into second half.

Our group is poor but we cant score enough and other poor Prem teams go through instead of us.

Pass/pass/pass.........

Neilson doesnt learn.

We get Celtic away - well done Neilson - another failure coming our way??

Yet another pathetic thread started by yourself. This place has gone mad, see you all on Saturday when most of you will presumably be cheering on the tims 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Please tell me you don't think we got to 1-0 and Robbie went "ah, screw being seeded, chill lads"

Did he not say he was happy with the draw or something along those lines, it wouldn't surprise me if he told the team to protect the lead and just hold the onto the ball.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Out of our three Scottish Cup wins in my lifetime in two of them we had to beat one of the OF in a final and the other in a semi final. On our way to the final in 1968 we had to put out the then Rangers, it was Rangers again in the 1976 final, Rangers again in two finals in 1996, Rangers again in the 1998 final. 2019 and 2020 finals it was Celtic. So yes to win a domestic cup final in Scotland, there is a 90% chance you have to beat one of the uglies to win it.

I've not said otherwise.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Hahaha, please tell me where you are performing at the festival this year, I need more laughs.

You're actually trying to make out I'm the idiot because I want the club to make more money just so you don't have to admit I'm right 🤣 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Trust me I don't enjoy dealing with the barrage of abuse I receive because of my opinion. I do indeed need to have a word though and maybe just block or ignore people like yourself.

You just equated your view to being called a hobo - shit patter from people who need to have a word.

Block away if you can't deal with your opinion being discussed.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

90% might be about right but we haven’t had to do it in all our 3 recent cup wins as you mentioned. Clyde and Hibs did the honours in 2006. If Hibs knew what was to come maybe they’d have preferred to have lost at Ibrox...

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts fans, optimistic about our chances and supportive of the team and manager?

The absolute ****ing nerve.

"Happy clappers", shittest insult ever

:spoton:

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Did he not say he was happy with the draw or something along those lines, it wouldn't surprise me if he told the team to protect the lead and just hold the onto the ball.

So? Should he have said "we're shitting it, probably won't turn up"?

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We won't turn up anyway 🤣

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He can’t win really. If he’s optimistic about the draw, he gets “Aw aye, another money spinner game for him”.

If he says “Celtic away? We dinnae have a chance” he’s a negative arsehole who can gtf.

This thread tragic. utterly, utterly tragic.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

But he didn’t! Playing our no1 goal scorer in midfield backfired and that’s down to a management decision. Whether you’re Robbie in or Robbie oot that’s the facts surely? 

The point I’m making is folk jump on the negatives and lambast him non stop. Not one person on here has said well done Robbie recognising Walker could make a difference here and come up with a goal. 

its all Boyce played in midfield and it didn’t work what an idiot get him out 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We did try and score more, stop waffling utter tripe. 

The problem is the other team tries to stop you. 

21 attempts on goal shows we tried to score more. 

Sometimes it does not happen. 

Get over it and Stoap greetin. 

We got celtic, turn the page. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Good, at least he's not shitting it like many on here about the thought of playing celtic. 

The last part you made up in your head. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What I love nowadays about JKB, all of these parody accounts, folk feigning hatred of Neilson, got to say providing great comedy :)

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good, at least he's not shitting it like many on here about the thought of playing celtic. 

The last part you made up in your head. 

He's not shitting it because he knows regardless of the result he is untouchable.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We did try and score more, stop waffling utter tripe. 

The problem is the other team tries to stop you. 

21 attempts on goal shows we tried to score more. 

Sometimes it does not happen. 

Get over it and Stoap greetin. 

We got celtic, turn the page. 

So we have 2 strikers on the pitch and have 21 chances but only score 1. Seems to me our strikers aren't doing their job.

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, Herbert said:

You're actually trying to make out I'm the idiot because I want the club to make more money just so you don't have to admit I'm right 🤣 

You crack me up. Please don't stop.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

He's not shitting it because he knows regardless of the result he is untouchable.

Absolute nonsense.  Like almost every other manager up here he’s only a few bad results away from the sack.  He’s had a reprieve after some of the bad results in cups  last season -  but be in no doubt that a bad run at the start of the season would see him replaced.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Absolute nonsense.  Like almost every other manager up here he’s only a few bad results away from the sack.  He’s had a reprieve after some of the bad results in cups  last season -  but be in no doubt that a bad run at the start of the season would see him replaced.

Do you not remember what happened with levein and how long he lasted.

lost in space
43 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yet another pathetic thread started by yourself. This place has gone mad, see you all on Saturday when most of you will presumably be cheering on the tims 

Have I started other "pathetic threads"? I wasnt aware. The place hasnt gone mad - but I do believe that more posters have decided that Neilson is not a decent coach.  Whether that view is now shared with the whole support will be revealed when we have full capacity again.

I think that almost every fan (including myself) will get right behind Neilson if he actually does his job - plays the right players/formation and tries to win every game of football, by attacking opposition - home or away.

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He can’t win really. If he’s optimistic about the draw, he gets “Aw aye, another money spinner game for him”.

If he says “Celtic away? We dinnae have a chance” he’s a negative arsehole who can gtf.

This thread tragic. utterly, utterly tragic.

As long as that clown is here these type of threads will always appear.

Do you not remember what happened with levein and how long he lasted.

No matter what - he’s like every other manager in this league. A few bad results away from the sack. Your constant negativity towards the club generally is quite something to behold. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So we have 2 strikers on the pitch and have 21 chances but only score 1. Seems to me our strikers aren't doing their job.

Or the ICT did his job better on the day. 

You new to football? 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Nah, he'll need a good decent first quarter of the league campaign. 

The lc draw is disappointing and a bit unlucky, only the defaulted games seen us not seeded. 

Highlights a need for change on that front. 

On top of that to draw celtic away is just unlucky. 

We've started well tho, won all our games comfortably and with a few good signings hopefully to join we can look forward. 

No point in greetin about drawing celtic. 

Kirky Jambo

Yes the result v ICT was a failure, no doubt about that. Not a great performance either given the standard of opposition.

However with a couple of good signings (mainly a CM) I am optimistic we should be up the right end of the table. No doubt that optimism will be sucked out soon enough but no point being doom and gloom before we have even lost a game!

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Pick a lane ffs

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No matter what - he’s like every other manager in this league. A few bad results away from the sack. Your constant negativity towards the club generally is quite something to behold. 

Levein had months of bad results and nothing was done, Budge will stick by her man no matter what.

Just now, Herbert said:

Levein had months of bad results and nothing was done, Budge will stick by her man no matter what.

Joe Savage is who Neilson reports to now, so dry your eyes.

26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You crack me up. Please don't stop.

What cracks you up about the club progressing through a cup competition and making money?

Unknown user

What cracks you up about the club progressing through a cup competition and making money?

Your mantrum

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

so if Boyce had scored 3 goals yesterday would you have given Neilson any credit for his input into Boyce’s game? Probably not. 

You’re spouting pish.

cant address the point so resorting to playground stuff :lol:

i see its it’s been edited too - at least two attempts and that’s the best you can come up with :lion:

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I wasn't aware that the club hadn't progressed in this season's league Cup.

baron of ness
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

The happy clappers will always be in denial about how poor we really are and think we have a squad capable of challenging for a top 4 place.

Robbie is a struggling manager though with probably the 3rd biggest budget in Scottish football.

When were you at Largs?

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

cant address the point so resorting to playground stuff :lol:

i see its it’s been edited too - at least two attempts and that’s the best you can come up with :lion:

my edit was because I said today instead of yesterday 👍🏽 

avhudtheteeshirt

Its so funny reading these posts, if we beat Celtic, the same posters will say "the cups ours to lose"?

Fans are fickle, but this forum seems to be worse than most!

Win every league game and cup game 1-0, you do the treble, our fans will say " we're to defensive"?

Just take what we can get and we'll see what happens!!!!

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Its so funny reading these posts, if we beat Celtic, the same posters will say "the cups ours to lose"?

Fans are fickle, but this forum seems to be worse than most!

Win every league game and cup game 1-0, you do the treble, our fans will say " we're to defensive"?

Just take what we can get and we'll see what happens!!!!

It's honestly wild. I'm not Neilsons biggest fan, and have my concerns going into this season. But we won yesterday. Should've been by more but that's football. I never get the 'defensive coach' jibe at him either. I'll admit that he can look to hold onto a lead at times against better opposition. But under every season Neilson has been I'm charge, we have scored plenty goals.

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Joe Savage is who Neilson reports to now, so dry your eyes.

Is this definitely the case now? 

I seem to remember when Savage was appointed Budge said they would both report to her. 

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wasn't aware that the club hadn't progressed in this season's league Cup.

Chances are they won't progress much further. We could have had a easy route through and make some money along the way.

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

Is this definitely the case now? 

I seem to remember when Savage was appointed Budge said they would both report to her. 

Neilson has said he reports to JS.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Neilson has said he reports to JS.

Who then reports to budge. JS is basically Gareth/Dwight from the office. 

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic