Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Who then reports to budge. JS is basically Gareth/Dwight from the office. 

JS reports to Budge obviously.  I don't think you know much about JS to make any comment on his ability - he is clearly more competent than you have made yourself look on this thread.

Edited by frankblack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Just now, frankblack said:

JS reports to Budge obviously

So JS would need her permission to sack Neilson. Do you think that's going to happen?

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So JS would need her permission to sack Neilson. Do you think that's going to happen?

Absolutely.

Budge put JS in place to make footballing decisions, and would accept his recommendations.

No replays in the league cup. Going to miss out on the money spinner if we somehow manage to draw at Celtic Park. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Absolutely.

Budge put JS in place to make footballing decisions, and would accept his recommendations.

We will need to wait and see but so far her decision making when it comes to the football team has been terrible and I think she would overrule JS if it came down to it.

I will be supporting the team and backing Robbie, despite my reservations about him. We seem to just not produce when it actually matters though. In cups, must win game against St Mirren, 1 extra goal to avoid a terrible draw in the cup. We seem to not have the winning mentality to produce that little bit extra. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

No replays in the league cup. Going to miss out on the money spinner if we somehow manage to draw at Celtic Park. 

Celtic are getting skelped, twice. 👍

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We will need to wait and see but so far her decision making when it comes to the football team has been terrible and I think she would overrule JS if it came down to it.

So you say she doesn't know the footballing side and are complaining that we got someone in to manage that in JS and now you say she wouldn't let them do their job? Make your mind up. :rofl:

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

So you say she doesn't know the footballing side and are complaining that we got someone in to manage that in JS and now you say she wouldn't let them do their job? Make your mind up. :rofl:

Where have I complained about JS?

I think Ann's ego is big enough that she would quite happily undermine someone she's brought in to do a job if she thinks she can do if better.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

I think Ann's ego is big enough that she would quite happily undermine someone she's brought in to do a job if she thinks she can do if better.

Its clear you have an agenda which you can't even give a reason to back up your argument.  Now you have brought egos into it, which shows how desperate you are.

She didn't run a multi-million pound business based on her ego, and you are sadly deluded to believe otherwise.  How well have you done in business by comparison?

MarkDevriesScores4

League hasn’t started and the Robbie oot camp are populating their spreadsheets 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its clear you have an agenda which you can't even give a reason to back up your argument.  Now you have brought egos into it, which shows how desperate you are.

She didn't run a multi-million pound business based on her ego, and you are sadly deluded to believe otherwise.  How well have you done in business by comparison?

I've gave plenty reason, would you like me to put the reasons I don't rate budge/Neilson in every post?

I have run a business before, done awright. Not a multi million pound business but I took out more than I put in.

15 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The sooner you get banned , the better. And hopefuly it wont be long now.

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

banned for what?

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why should he be banned?

14 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

It isn't passed between two centre half's though is it? Folk are acting as if this is similar football to Levein where we passed it around then looked for a hopeful ball over the top and lose possession, this is night and day and i'm sure you know that yourself. We move the ball from left to right in the back three looking for the sitter to bring our wide players into the game - with the movement from the front 3/4 - it is a nightmare to play against. Granted, we havent hit the heights im sure the management want at implementing it yet, but for me there is a clear style of play being coached and we have been improving on it every game this close season. I'd be interested to know what you expect of us when Inverness come to sit in and hit us on the break with pace and physicality? 

I agree with this. However, it will be tested by a high press, especially when the players doing the pressing have pace. It often pushes the players in possession into going long, especially if they are last man. If the tactics can be implemented in a fashion which allows continuous movement without the need to revert to a long ball under pressure, then it will open up the space between the midfield and the defence. It drags the opposition across the park and allows quick delivery to the wingbacks. This should allow the ball to be played in a direct fashion through the wings creating overloads which gets us into dangerous attacking positions. Obviously the worry is, as I have alluded too, high press causes mistakes to be made or means the ball gets punted long under pressure. Hopefully the more the style is implemented the more comfortable the players become, even when pressed. We can only hope it comes good!

glynnlondon

Time will tell I suppose but I have long since stopped listening to the pure shite spouted by the club past 4 seasons.

They can save their breath and do their talking on the pitch.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Why should he be banned?

For having an opinion that Nano doesn’t agree with.

Seems fair.😀

13 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Still not even sure we know our best lineup. Midfield especially. Gnando doesnt work up top on his own. Boyce and gms have a very good understanding growing which is a big plus. Walker is a game changer when it suits him. Kingsley is no centrehalf. Cochrane very negative. Ginnelly poor today I thought, just didnt give him much of an opportunity to use his best abilities.

Halkett I loved at Livvy but think he looks bang average for us.

Set pieces we seem very poor at attacking. 

Its really hard to judge where we are at as a side given our opposition thus far has been very poor quality.

These signings better be crackers....but I'm really expecting disappointment on that front.

I agree with a lot of what you have posted. I watched Gnando and thought at times he seemed lost, possibly due to the limited space afforded him by the ICT setup. They were deep for the majority of the game, meaning their defence and midfield were nearly on top of each other. He could be a real asset though, especially in games where the opposition are more likely to attack.  I think we might see the best of him when counter attacking, we saw a brief glimpse yesterday when he got a decent left foot shot away. His acceleration isn't brilliant, but he has a nice change of direction for a big guy and over a longer run, he seems quite fast. GMS and Boyce are our game changers, and Jamie as you rightly say, when motivated, is an exceptional talent with a good eye for goal. Interestingly, I thought Kingsley looked OK in the CB position, but I would agree that Ginnelly was on the fringes of the game at times. Again I think he would thrive in a counter attacking situation, he is fast and direct. It was again a lot to do with the doubling up on him that limited his opportunities to influence the game. Couple of nice crosses though which should have produced goals.

KyleLafferty

Herbert is entitled to his opinion, so Is everyone, no one is wrong (although some peoples are baffling). What I don’t like is, the nonsense that gets made up to have a dig at Robbie. Im Not a fan of him but can see past bad results in the past cause that’s what they are in the past. Some people just don’t really like him, which is fair enough but they can’t have a proper footballing debate cause of that.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Herbert is entitled to his opinion, so Is everyone, no one is wrong (although some peoples are baffling). What I don’t like is, the nonsense that gets made up to have a dig at Robbie. Im Not a fan of him but can see past bad results in the past cause that’s what they are in the past. Some people just don’t really like him, which is fair enough but they can’t have a proper footballing debate cause of that.

Some people are wrong. Herbert for example in everything he says. He’s lost in a previous world of Levein being manager and Budge having no support in the “footballing department” and, understandably, making mistakes. 
He can’t see the various appointments in the “footballing department” to increase the competence and broaden the burden. 
He can’t see the change in set-up, (eg 3 at back) to make it more positive.  
He can’t see 21 shots cannot have been created by passing square or back. 
He can’t see in-game tactical changes of bringing on Walker - who scores. 
He can’t see the signing of GMS and Ginelly as positive.  
He can’t see winning every competitive game so far and not conceding a goal against the terrible start last Season. 
He can see Budge and Levein plotting over a cuppa, the downfall of Hearts. 
Deluded time warp - or Hobo. You choose. 

20 minutes ago, Sid said:

Some people are wrong. Herbert for example in everything he says. He’s lost in a previous world of Levein being manager and Budge having no support in the “footballing department” and, understandably, making mistakes. 
He can’t see the various appointments in the “footballing department” to increase the competence and broaden the burden. 
He can’t see winning every competitive game so far and not conceding a goal against the terrible start last Season. 

A fair summation IMHO.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, jambo_74 said:

I agree with a lot of what you have posted. I watched Gnando and thought at times he seemed lost, possibly due to the limited space afforded him by the ICT setup. They were deep for the majority of the game, meaning their defence and midfield were nearly on top of each other. He could be a real asset though, especially in games where the opposition are more likely to attack.  I think we might see the best of him when counter attacking, we saw a brief glimpse yesterday when he got a decent left foot shot away. His acceleration isn't brilliant, but he has a nice change of direction for a big guy and over a longer run, he seems quite fast. GMS and Boyce are our game changers, and Jamie as you rightly say, when motivated, is an exceptional talent with a good eye for goal. Interestingly, I thought Kingsley looked OK in the CB position, but I would agree that Ginnelly was on the fringes of the game at times. Again I think he would thrive in a counter attacking situation, he is fast and direct. It was again a lot to do with the doubling up on him that limited his opportunities to influence the game. Couple of nice crosses though which should have produced goals.

He somehow got his head on one about 36 inches in the air and whilst it lacked pace it was almost close enough to worry ridgers. I felt he was very isolated last night.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Absolutely.

You genuinely believe that, Frank?

I don't. Not for a second.

More likely she'd call her friend, Craig, and between them they'd decide that Savage would definitely have to go.

35 minutes ago, Sid said:

We didn't make a terrible start last season tbf

17 minutes ago, martoon said:

You genuinely believe that, Frank?

I don't. Not for a second.

More likely she'd call her friend, Craig, and between them they'd decide that Savage would definitely have to go.

I hope that is sarcasm for your sake.  If it isn't then....

:conspiracy:

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I hope that is sarcasm for your sake.  If it isn't then....

:conspiracy:

Either sarcasm or same time warp as Herbert. 

7 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Is this definitely the case now? 

I seem to remember when Savage was appointed Budge said they would both report to her. 

Doesn’t sound like Savage is Robbie’s boss…

F69A45C8-2A17-4930-BBE0-CF3615B929EE.jpeg

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Neilson has said he reports to JS.

When was that, out of interest? When the new structure was announced Budge said the SD and manager would both report directly to her.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When was that, out of interest? When the new structure was announced Budge said the SD and manager would both report directly to her.

I saw Neilson on some TV interview saying he reported to JS.

22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doesn’t sound like Savage is Robbie’s boss…

F69A45C8-2A17-4930-BBE0-CF3615B929EE.jpeg

It doesn't say what you claimed at all.

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It doesn't say what you claimed at all.

I didn’t claim anything! 

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I saw Neilson on some TV interview saying he reported to JS.

Doesn’t sound like it to me Frank. 🤷‍♂️

7A2043B6-4F9D-469A-878A-60DE11DCF638.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I didn’t claim anything! 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doesn’t sound like it to me Frank. 🤷‍♂️

7A2043B6-4F9D-469A-878A-60DE11DCF638.jpeg

Yes you did, so I suggest you re-read your post, because what you quoted above " Doesn’t sound like it to me Frank. 🤷‍♂️" doesn't make your point. 👍

Just now, frankblack said:

Yes you did, so I suggest you re-read your post, because what you quoted above " Doesn’t sound like it to me Frank. 🤷‍♂️" doesn't make your point. 👍

I can only go with Robbie’s direct comment that he was looking forward to working with Joe, and that he was involved in Joe’s selection process - it would be highly unusual to be on the selection panel for your Boss surely!

Have you come up with any evidence of your “claim” that Robbie reported to Joe? 

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I can only go with Robbie’s direct comment that he was looking forward to working with Joe, and that he was involved in Joe’s selection process - it would be highly unusual to be on the selection panel for your Boss surely!

I saw a TV interview last season, which is what I've already said. 👍

The club had a football position to fill, so its perfectly natural he was consulted on the appointment of JS.

Don't you think RN reporting to JS who then does the boring board stuff and takes business work etc off RN's hands makes perfect sense?

Edited by frankblack

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Didn't he say very similar things about working with Levein when he was very much reporting to him? I think you're reading a lot into the use of the word With.

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Didn't he say very similar things about working with Levein when he was very much reporting to him? I think you're reading a lot into the use of the word With.

And the fact he was on the selection panel to appoint Joe? Bit unusual don’t you think if he was to be Robbie’s boss?

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I saw a TV interview last season, which is what I've already said. 👍

The club had a football position to fill, so its perfectly natural he was consulted on the appointment of JS.

Don't you think RN reporting to JS who then does the boring board stuff and takes business work etc off RN's hands makes perfect sense?

Oh it was a TV interview was it…..right ye are then Frank.

Brick Tamland
23 hours ago, ExPatTam said:

He’s just been interviewed on Premier sports - he’d rather be drawn away to Celtic that some of the other clubs! 

Why? Can someone explain? 

I'll give it a go for you.

It's likely we will lift our game against Celtic like we did in the Scottish Cup final, for some of our players it will be the first time they have played against them and also played in their stadium so they will likely lift themselves for that as it is sometimes a bit easier to rise to the occasion than it is to go to Cowdenbeath on a dreich, cold November, or Brora as we found to our cost. Craig Gordon may also want to prove a point as he will be going back to them as our club captain.

It is very, very unlikely that the stadium will be full and Celtic failed miserably last season without that level of support.

The referee may also be less intimidated by the fewer OF fans screaming for every decision. So the home advantage that Celtic generally have may well be a bit less than the norm.

Celtic are also in somewhat of a transition, new manager, bit of a clear out of players, some players faces not fitting, no Scot Brown to get away with murder, the Griffiths saga and the boardroom saga all may well play a part in this. They have also only played friendlies so may not be firing on all cylinders yet.

We also aren't expected to win there and I would rather play them now than before they get into their stride.

All my opinion but it's the best explanation I can give.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And the fact he was on the selection panel to appoint Joe? Bit unusual don’t you think if he was to be Robbie’s boss?

Why is it unusual to appoint someone to do the boring business stuff and let him focus on the football management?  That role is essentially the old DoF role, perhaps better run, and as Smithee said RN reported to the DoF before.

This was the creation of a new role to assist both him and the board.  Do you think non-football people from the board should have appointed someone to that role without consulting RN?

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not really, no

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not really, no

Was in the business world for longer than I care to remember and I’ve never heard of an employee having a say on who their new boss would be. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Was in the business world for longer than I care to remember and I’ve never heard of an employee having a say on who their new boss would be. 🤷‍♂️

Just because you haven't heard of it, means it can't be true? :lol:

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Just because you haven't heard of it, means it can't be true? :lol:

That’s true Frank, I only said it would be very unusual.

And just because I didn’t see the “TV interview” you suggested doesn’t mean your comment was made up shite…….😉

upgotheheads
On 25/07/2021 at 19:36, Rc55 said:

Neilson has  just said twice on BBC "It is a great draw for us".    That rivals  his "money spinner" fiasco.

Only Rangers  at Ibrox  gives  us less chance of winning.  His comment  beggars belief.  

What the F... did you expect him to say?.. Oh No! we've got Celtic, that's us oot.

FFS.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

What the F... did you expect him to say?.. Oh No! we've got Celtic, that's us oot.

FFS.

At least he didn’t come out with the “it’s a money spinner” line! 🙈

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

FFS.

🤣🤣 na that would be a loser menta…..oh wait

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic