*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its actually understandable if you end up unsighted. 

But it didn't look good. The shot was saveable, at a good height.

Laughable comment 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Agreed, I think this current crop are a right back and a centre half away from really doing something imo

Is N Patterson any good? I know nothing about him. 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its actually understandable if you end up unsighted. 

But it didn't look good. The shot was saveable, at a good height.

When you hit a ball with that kind of pace and a wee bit of curl on it you take the wall and the keeper out of the equation. Didn’t look great from a couple of angles but It’s hit the net at pace before Craig can react. 

57 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

The usual numpties on here that say he is shite, quicker Nisbet leaves them the better for me, better than anything we have for sure.

You’ve not changed!

Still a good Hearts man, but with that wee bit naughtiness in you.  👍

The Cephas days were fun though, eh?

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is N Patterson any good? I know nothing about him. 

he is excellent tbh. He will be out first choice RB without doubt

34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Scotland are getting better and better tbh. The quality of player has improved massively over the last few years. Just short in a couple of key positions 

I think we’ll beat the Czechs. It’s the ‘must win’ game of the 3. I think England are capable of beating us comfortably but you never know in that game. I don’t think they are the strongest mentally so get in their heads and we’ve a chance there. All about Croatia for me and a point (or more of course) from either England or Croatia would probably be enough to qualify if we beat the Czechs

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Armstrong? Remind me, he was the Diddy who cost us the win against England. Loves to give the ball away. 

Armstrong would always play for me. Yeah he made a wrong decision not to play to Robertson against England but a good positive player for us. CG as much at fault for Kane’s goal. Rooted🙈
David Turnbull excellent tonight too. I think we done ok and it’s only a friendly we shouldn’t get too excited or down. We done ok. 

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

O’Donell a good honest player but nowhere near good enough. Paterson must play if it’s a back 4. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Armstrong would always play for me. Yeah he made a wrong decision not to play to Robertson against England but a good positive player for us.  
David Turnbull excellent tonight too. I think we done ok and it’s only a friendly we shouldn’t get too excited or down. We done ok. 

How poor has Dutch football got though. Take DuPay out of that team and they are positively average.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we’ll beat the Czechs. It’s the ‘must win’ game of the 3. I think England are capable of beating us comfortably but you never know in that game. I don’t think they are the strongest mentally so get in their heads and we’ve a chance there. All about Croatia for me and a point (or more of course) from either England or Croatia would probably be enough to qualify if we beat the Czechs

England are capable of giving us a doing. But they won’t. Something happens to us when we play England. We’ll probably batter them and lose in typical fashion but I live in hope :lol: 

jack D and coke
Just now, JimmyCant said:

How poor has Dutch football got though. Take DuPay out of that team and they are positively average.

It’s only a friendly I won’t read too much into it tbh I was just looking at the scotland team tbh. Holland not as good as they’ve been in the past for sure but not a crap team by any manner of means. We had a couple of decent performances. Encouraging stuff imo. 

They look a disjointed outfit to me.  

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

England are capable of giving us a doing. But they won’t. Something happens to us when we play England. We’ll probably batter them and lose in typical fashion but I live in hope :lol: 

They huffed about the park tonight against an average side. Hopefully that is the standard they bring to the tourney.

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s only a friendly I won’t read too much into it tbh I was just looking at the scotland team tbh. Holland not as good as they’ve been in the past for sure but not a crap team by any manner of means. We had a couple of decent performances. Encouraging stuff imo. 

Don’t get me wrong I thought we were excellent. Not convinced yet at centre back but we look very sound everywhere else and Clark has clearly got them in a good place mentally that we haven’t been in for years

Edited by JimmyCant

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

They huffed about the park tonight against an average side. Hopefully that is the standard they bring to the tourney.

An England Scotland takes care of itself. We usually turn up for those and Clarke has us doing ok and I actually think we’re half decent again. We’re much more likely to let ourselves down in the other games. We take points from them who knows. 
It’s just ****ing great to be at the tournaments again👍🏼

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Don’t get me wrong I though we were excellent. Not convinced yet at centre back but we look very sound everywhere else and Clark has clearly got them in a good place mentally that we haven’t been in for years

Yeah CH is a problem. I think the 3 CH with Tierney on the left might be the best option. There’s not much aerial stuff in international football and he gives us some pace in defence too. Mibbe allows us to push up a bit🤷🏽‍♂️Tierney maybe our best player tbh. 

Scotland v England is like Hearts v Hibs.

It is a completely different game from any other.

The difference is, Scotland perform at a higher level than normal against England, but still contrive to lose, usually.

Hearts will virtually always beat the wee team.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

An England Scotland takes care of itself. We usually turn up for those and Clarke has us doing ok and I actually think we’re half decent again. We’re much more likely to let ourselves down in the other games. We take points from them who knows. 
It’s just ****ing great to be at the tournaments again👍🏼

Must beat the Czechs and take a free hit at England. Not sure how good Croatia are these days but that’s probably the key game if we’re looking to qualify

jack D and coke

I love James McFadden too btw. What a positive guy he is about the national team. Not a bit of favouritism or bias from him. A great lad. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah CH is a problem. I think the 3 CH with Tierney on the left might be the best option. There’s not much aerial stuff in international football and he gives us some pace in defence too. Mibbe allows us to push up a bit🤷🏽‍♂️Tierney maybe our best player tbh. 

True. Also means we don’t have to worry so much about not having a decent defensive right back

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Must beat the Czechs and take a free hit at England. Not sure how good Croatia are these days but that’s probably the key game if we’re looking to qualify

Id take the hit against England if we do our bit against the others and get through. I’m looking forward to it. Great to see us back. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I love James McFadden too btw. What a positive guy he is about the national team. Not a bit of favouritism or bias from him. A great lad. 

Probably the best pundit out there just now. His enthusiasm for the national team is really infectious. Was on Hearts books as a boy too.

jack D and coke

Probably the best pundit out there just now. His enthusiasm for the national team is really infectious. Was on Hearts books as a boy too.

Is that right? Christ another one we let slip through our fingers :lol: 

Hes a top lad though. He should be involved with Scotland again. He’s infectious like you say. That rubs off. 

SectionDJambo

The Dutch free kick goal has not been seen from the goalkeeper’s view. He would not have a good view of the ball until it passed the head of the Scotland player on the left end of the wall, who probably made things worse for the goalkeeper by getting so close to blocking it. That ball was travelling very fast, from a player who has the talent to have also gone for the other side with a fair chance of success. 
The lesson to be learnt is to be exceptionally careful not to give a referee the poor decision to make so close to your goal. These top quality footballers are experts at taking advantage of their cheating, so don’t get so tight that they can give the impression of being pulled down. It’s not as though these Scotland players haven’t seen this in their own domestic football.
It was a poor decision from a referee who made quite a few bad decisions for both teams. I don’t think he would have given a penalty if that incident had been in the box.

Pasquale for King

Great goals we scored tonight, good pressing for the first and an a fantastic goal on the break. We will need a bit of luck, and VAR would’ve given us a penalty in the first half. Set up nicely. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great goals we scored tonight, good pressing for the first and an a fantastic goal on the break. We will need a bit of luck, and VAR would’ve given us a penalty in the first half. Set up nicely. 

It’s only a friendly let’s not get overly excited and it’s also easy to think Holland are shite now cos we done ok. We’re not that bad I don’t think. Wee bit luck (and ffs surely sometime we’re going to get some!! There can’t be a nation who’s had more shite luck at these tournaments 😂) and who knows😉

Edited by jack D and coke

Great friendly for us to get the players used to the shabby treatment officials can give underdogs at major tournaments, only watching the highlights and 52 minutes in but so far they've missed a penalty, red card and really dodgy offside when we were in a great attacking position 

will-i-am-a-jambo
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

That’s probably a pretty fair summary, Jonno.

As long as the TA have a great time though, all is good.  👍 

Yes that's right, heaven forbid anyone should enjoy themselves 🙄.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gavvy said:

Great friendly for us to get the players used to the shabby treatment officials can give underdogs at major tournaments, only watching the highlights and 52 minutes in but so far they've missed a penalty, red card and really dodgy offside when we were in a great attacking position 

Spot on, also a phantom foul to come for the equaliser. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Yeah. It’s mental innit lol. I thought their first equaliser was bordering offside too. The header back to depay? 

Tasavallan

Seeing as the officials were provided by Albert Heijn, what else...

Rocky jamboa

We've got a decent looking team at the moment. Maybe the best team in 20 years. Missing a good centre back like Colin hendry and a finisher like mccoist.... or a Robbo!!

Stevie Clark has made a difference. 

I reckon we'll beat the Czechs, get beat off England and draw with Croatia, to qualify for next round. 

will-i-am-a-jambo

Just seen the highlights, decent performance. Not sure what the ref was all about though.

I echo others sentiments in that we are a decent right back and centeHalf away from a good team.

One thing about Clarke I like is he regularly took points off Celtic and Sevco with Kilmarnock so he's used to punching above his weight. 

Edited by JackLadd

BRAVEHEART1874

Watching the game I was impressed with the amount of players getting up in attack. Never saw that in a scotland team before really.  Who knows it may catch on at hearts ;)

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I reckon we'll beat England, and lose against the other two, in true Scottish fashion.

:lol: you just know it eh :facepalm:

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

One thing about Clarke I like is he regularly took points off Celtic and Sevco with Kilmarnock so he's used to punching above his weight. 

I think he had beating Hearts as a banker as well TBH.😖

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Cheers 👍

A wee reality check against Luxembourg might be in order, otherwise I could get carried away and think we'll win the thing. :D

I just want us to beat the Czechs. Went right off this lot. 

10 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I reckon we'll beat England, and lose against the other two, in true Scottish fashion.

Stop that! Stop it now please. 🤯😂

The BBC's coverage of these games has been abysmal - according to the BBC website, the Wales vs. France game is still 0-0 and in the 29th minute. All of last night it did not have the Scottish score at the top - only the live text at the bottom. 

TyphoonJambo

I watched the end of the England match and when the commentator mentioned that the Dutch had scored a late equaliser the other commentator said "can't say I'm dissapointed". Well I hope to F, we dissapoint you soon ya chube!!!

Don't know who he was though.

29 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The BBC's coverage of these games has been abysmal - according to the BBC website, the Wales vs. France game is still 0-0 and in the 29th minute. All of last night it did not have the Scottish score at the top - only the live text at the bottom. 

Something went badly wrong. They had Grealish scoring the England goal too. Usually on the ball with the scores. Maybe hacked. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something went badly wrong. They had Grealish scoring the England goal too. Usually on the ball with the scores. Maybe hacked. 

The Russians!