Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, WDJ87 said:

I'd say he's earned his place with his performance v Serbia. Wasn't great tonight tho.

Wouldn't be in my team but neither would Callum McGregor (just slows us up) or O'Donnell. 

kingantti1874

2 players short for me, a great centre back and a top quality forward. Imagine VVD and Depay were Scottish lol

StirlingJambo

Would replace Gilmour for McGregor, Patterson for O’Donnell and Cooper for Hanley for first game. All better players and offer more.

frankblack
5 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Would replace Gilmour for McGregor, Patterson for O’Donnell and Cooper for Hanley for first game. All better players and offer more.

Patterson didn't look too great going forward and was caught wanting defensively when Rodriguez turned him inside out.

StirlingJambo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Patterson didn't look too great going forward and was caught wanting defensively when Rodriguez turned him inside out.

He done more going forward in the 25 mins than O’Donnell done the full game. Really don’t rate O’Donnell. Agree with you defensively though.

10 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Add Forrest or Nisbet for Dykes.

3 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

He done more going forward in the 25 mins than O’Donnell done the full game. Really don’t rate O’Donnell. Agree with you defensively though.

Agreed. Looks like he can create and overlap which is what you need playing wingbacks. I'd start him but SC won't 

frankblack
24 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

I thought he was a bit wasteful in the last third and lacked confidence, giving the ball away a bit too easily.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I thought he was a bit wasteful in the last third and lacked confidence, giving the ball away a bit too easily.

Truly you are at it

To be honest he should be our first choice but loyalty will see him watching on.....a bit like Gilmour

Armstrong will be a starter next week in midfield

Friendlies are always impossible to figure out.

Were Scotland just playing for fitness?

Were we playing soft and trying to avoid injury?

Were Luxembourg playing to prove a point?

Were the Dutch there for the taking or were they also only playing for fitness and unwilling to risk injury before the finals?

etc etc etc

Can't really take anything from friendly games.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Indeed , we can all go back to talking about Laff now though

Great!! Lol.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

1st post on this thread...I watched about 10 mins of the 2nd half and I have to say, Patterson showed some sublime and exceptional touches and attacking threat in that tiny period...you know within seconds if there is a player in there, at any level, and I can see what the hype is about....truly bizarre saying he didn't look good going forward...he looked immense in that 10 min period alone I viewed...

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s why Scotland will struggle at the Euros. 

Better teams are almost always clinical in front of goal.

frankblack
56 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Truly you are at it

To be honest he should be our first choice but loyalty will see him watching on.....a bit like Gilmour

Armstrong will be a starter next week in midfield

I don't rate O'Donnell as he lacks the quality going forward.

I think the rush to push Patterson forward given his lack of experience and senior game time is premature.

The lad may well come good but he failed to get a final ball in on a number of occasions against the mighty 10-man Luxembourg.

His defending is the bigger concern after Rodriguez turned him inside out.

Edited by frankblack

frankblack
13 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Gilmour done more going forward in 15mins than McGregor has done in 4 years.

Correct.  Looked like being our best player before the assault on him - genuine quality.

Didn't see tonight's game but from all the talk about Gilmour playing well and McGregor again being poor (I like him as a player but he's looked jaded/below par for a while), I'd be more than happy to see McTominay,  Gilmour, Armstrong and McGinn behind Adams.

Lots of options off the bench if that isn't working; worryingly quite optimistic about these Euros....

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

eh! He was excellent when he came on. His delivery was excellent 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Patterson was fantastic going forward.

Patterson played great for his first cap and his age. 

Someone should have stuck one right on that ***** jaw for his hatchet job on Wee Man Gilmore. Stevie Clarke wasn't having any of their managers shite. I thought he was going to pull his arm off at full time and he telt him to shut it, when he was trying to get Tierney booked. 

Edited by ri Alban

John Findlay
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Add Forrest or Nisbet for Dykes.

Dykes will play to combat the Czech threat from free kicks and corner kicks into our box. The Czechs are a big threat in the air.

54 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Gilmour done more going forward in 15mins than McGregor has done in 4 years.

McGregor is not good enough, period. Struggle to see what he brings. Better options surely. 

ArcticJambo
41 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dykes will play to combat the Czech threat from free kicks and corner kicks into our box. The Czechs are a big threat in the air.

Definitely, with Soucek and Schick. :eek:

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Patterson played great for his first cap and his age. 

Someone should have stuck one right on that ***** jaw for his hatchet job on Wee Man Gilmore. Stevie Clarke wasn't having any of their managers shite. I thought he was going to pull his arm off at full time and he telt him to shut it, when he was trying to get Tierney booked. 

I hope he told him his joggy pants looked awful as well.    Get some proper clobber ya dobber.   ☺ 

colinmaroon

McGregor is what we used to call a Fancy Dan = Flatters to deceive.

Has skill but couldn't hold his own in EPL.  A bit like Broonaldo at the other end of the scale.

Gilmour looked good from what we saw. The type of player who, even so young, you could run your game through. He’ll hurt teams. He makes McGregor look like a Sunday amateur.

Patterson going forward was decent. We’ll be okay playing him as a wing back which is probably what we’ll do anyway. If not him it’ll be Fraser.

Adams and Dykes ? Of the two I’d pick Adams. Both missed chances tonight but I think Adams has a wee bit more about him. So Christie and/or Mcginn playing off Adams is probably the way we’ll go. Can’t see us playing 2 strikers against quality opposition. Need to earmark somebody for the holding midfield role to keep Gilmore free and apart from who plays the other 2 centre half berths with Tierney, jobs a good un.

Gordon or Marshall (both decent so happy with either)

Tierney

Cooper

Hendry

Robertson

Gilmour 

Mcginn

Christie

Fraser

Adams

Wont be a million miles away from that although he might stick with McGregor instead of Gilmour  just for experience.

Edited by JimmyCant

30 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

McGregor is what we used to call a Fancy Dan = Flatters to deceive.

Has skill but couldn't hold his own in EPL.  A bit like Broonaldo at the other end of the scale.

McGregor’s just a solid workmanlike professional. Nothing fancy. Takes the ball, passes it 10 yards. Not bad at winning it back. Not good enough to have a telling impact at this level. Scott Brown without the attitude.

132goals1958
40 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Gilmour looked good from what we saw. The type of player who, even so young, you could run your game through. He’ll hurt teams. He makes McGregor look like a Sunday amateur.

Patterson going forward was decent. We’ll be okay playing him as a wing back which is probably what we’ll do anyway. If not him it’ll be Fraser.

Adams and Dykes ? Of the two I’d pick Adams. Both missed chances tonight but I think Adams has a wee bit more about him. So Christie and/or Mcginn playing off Adams is probably the way we’ll go. Can’t see us playing 2 strikers against quality opposition. Need to earmark somebody for the holding midfield role to keep Gilmore free and apart from who plays the other 2 centre half berths with Tierney, jobs a good un.

Tierney

Cooper

Hendry

Robertson

Gilmour 

Mcginn

Christie

Fraser

Adams

Wont be a million miles away from that although he might stick with McGregor instead of Gilmour  just for experience.

Think you've missed out McTominay and I think I would be bolstering the midfield by including Armstrong to the exclusion of possibly Fraser or Christie 

jack D and coke
On 03/06/2021 at 10:24, TypoonJambo said:

I watched the end of the England match and when the commentator mentioned that the Dutch had scored a late equaliser the other commentator said "can't say I'm dissapointed". Well I hope to F, we dissapoint you soon ya chube!!!

Don't know who he was though.

Was Lee Dixon.

Don’t want to just focus on the England but would be exquisite to beat England and go through. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

100%. Since Rodgers left timothy McGregor has fell away to an average player. 

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Tierney

Cooper

Hendry

Robertson

Gilmour 

Mcginn

Christie

Fraser

Adams

Like that team but there is no way mctominay doesn’t start the game. 

I also think Turnbull has been more effect that Christie lately.

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree about McTominay.

Trurnbull needs to up his game defensively though but good going forward.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Mctominay. I just don’t see it with him. Never entirely sure what he actually brings to the party. Insurance I suppose. Turnbull I quite like as a player 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Mctominay. I just don’t see it with him. Never entirely sure what he actually brings to the party. Insurance I suppose. Turnbull I quite like as a player 

McT would be in the England squad if he'd went with birthplace over ancestry.

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

McT would be in the England squad if he'd went with birthplace over ancestry.

That’s a leap I’ll disagree with and just leave it there. Hypothetical matter of opinion and a VERY good reason he chose Scotland probably

33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Trying not to laugh at this. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Trying not to laugh at this. 

Laugh away I won’t hear you. I’ll still have the same opinion though.

Zero time for sentiment, Patterson and Gilmour should be starting next week.  Not just for this tournament but for future tournaments its imperative that we get these boys included now.  Playing O'Donnell as a RWB of a back 5 is like playing with 10 men.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Laugh away I won’t hear you. I’ll still have the same opinion though.

I don't know how you've managed to come to that. Alex Ferguson thinks McTominay is Man Utd's best players, first name on the team sheet for all the big games and he was magnificent v Villarreal a couple of weeks ago. He'd also stroll into that England XI no bother as would Tierney & Robertson. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Zero time for sentiment, Patterson and Gilmour should be starting next week.  Not just for this tournament but for future tournaments its imperative that we get these boys included now.  Playing O'Donnell as a RWB of a back 5 is like playing with 10 men.

O'Donnell has been solid for Scotland and fully deserves to keep his place.   Gilmore will defo get game time but don't think he will start first game.  

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know how you've managed to come to that. Alex Ferguson thinks McTominay is Man Utd's best players, first name on the team sheet for all the big games and he was magnificent v Villarreal a couple of weeks ago. He'd also stroll into that England XI no bother as would Tierney & Robertson. 

In his short time with Scotland he’s missed 2 stick on open goals in key matches and sold the jerseys for 2 vital goals against. He is grossly over rated IMO. He is nowhere near the class of Fodel, Mount Madison or Grealish

Edited by JimmyCant

Auld Reekin'

26e4f7dacc60f66184671451f82cbfc1-1.jpg

:o   Feck me, that's disturbing; particularly the "McGinn" on the left....   :ermm:   and the one on the right is even odder-looking than The Real McGinn, which is quite an achievement.

Thought I shouldn't suffer alone, although probably be best not to show image to any children or the mentally / emotionally fragile.  :icon14:

(Image courtesy of the STV news webshite.)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

26e4f7dacc60f66184671451f82cbfc1-1.jpg

:o   Feck me, that's disturbing; particularly the "McGinn" on the left....   :ermm:   and the one on the right is even odder-looking than The Real McGinn, which is quite an achievement.

Thought I shouldn't suffer alone, although probably be best not to show image to any children or the mentally / emotionally fragile.  :icon14:

(Image courtesy of the STV news webshite.)

The one on the left. 

:ruiner:

36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

O'Donnell has been solid for Scotland and fully deserves to keep his place.   Gilmore will defo get game time but don't think he will start first game.  

Scotland have been solid collectively, nothing against O'Donnell but he is just not good enough to be playing in tournaments. Seen more in 20 mins from Patterson than I have in O'Donnells last 10 games for Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Scotland have been solid collectively, nothing against O'Donnell but he is just not good enough to be playing in tournaments. Seen more in 20 mins from Patterson than I have in O'Donnells last 10 games for Scotland.

20 mins against a 10 man Luxembourg.   He's not even a regular for Rangers so why we he start a tournament game?  O'Donnell was good enough to play in the team that qualified, good enough for me.  

9 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

20 mins against a 10 man Luxembourg.   He's not even a regular for Rangers so why we he start a tournament game?  O'Donnell was good enough to play in the team that qualified, good enough for me.  

O’Donnell for me is the better option defensively but he doesn’t offer himself much going forward. Patterson will do that. I’d agree though. Clarke won’t risk putting Patterson in a starting line up just yet.

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

And that's why we won't get through the group stages. I would rather bring through young exciting talent than stick with some players who have about 5 caps left in him. 

Lets not get to carried away with our qualification efforts two penalty shootouts and some wins against Albania and Israel over 2 years ago hardly turns is into some great outfit.