*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

16 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Yes that's right, heaven forbid anyone should enjoy themselves 🙄.

Play the ball, not the man, Bill.  👍

Seriously though, if that’s what you consider ‘enjoying themselves’ then you have low expectations, desires and needs.

Enjoy your day.  

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I reckon we'll beat England, and lose against the other two, in true Scottish fashion.

Sounds about right.  

willie wallace
17 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Seeing as the officials were provided by Albert Heijn, what else...

Were they really sponsored by Albert Hein.

I have to told my son who lives in Amsterdam that his local store cheated us last night

To think I have a couple of their bags in my car.😯

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I reckon we'll beat England, and lose against the other two, in true Scottish fashion.

Win one we should lose (England), lose one we should win (CR), and draw or narrowly lose one we could have won (Croatia). Despite that I'm massively excited about this. They looked good vs Netherlands but not sure of that's a good sign or not. Happy to eat all my words about Steve Clarke if he gets us through the group stage. Hope he puts out a team that has a go. It was brilliant to see Turnbull and Gilmour get games. Tierney could ben one of the players of the tournament - definitely has to be our first choice LB in a back 4.

kingantti1874

I have to say I feel a bit silly for reacting with dismay when we were linked with Jack Hendry.  Shows what I know 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I have to say I feel a bit silly for reacting with dismay when we were linked with Jack Hendry.  Shows what I know 

Shows what a good season playing does for you. He's had good reports from Belgium. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shows what a good season playing does for you. He's had good reports from Belgium. 

Brenda has always rated him. And as cringe worthy as Brenda is he is a good manager and knows a decent player when he sees one. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Play the ball, not the man, Bill.  👍

Seriously though, if that’s what you consider ‘enjoying themselves’ then you have low expectations, desires and needs.

Enjoy your day.  

Not sure what you mean Morgan about the ball and not the man. You were slating the Tartan Army for which lm one of. I was merely responding. Your arrogance is unreal though. You have absolutely no idea what my expectations, desires and needs are. Thanks l will enjoy my day, it's a beautiful one though isn't it? 

John Findlay

I pwrsonally dont think there is an outstanding team in the Euros this time round. Scotland wont win it, but i dont think we have any cause to fear anyone.

will-i-am-a-jambo
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I pwrsonally dont think there is an outstanding team in the Euros this time round. Scotland wont win it, but i dont think we have any cause to fear anyone.

I think France will win it. You are right though, l don't think Scotland should fear anyone and Steve Clark seems to have installed that in the players. 

59 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Not sure what you mean Morgan about the ball and not the man. You were slating the Tartan Army for which lm one of. I was merely responding. Your arrogance is unreal though. You have absolutely no idea what my expectations, desires and needs are. Thanks l will enjoy my day, it's a beautiful one though isn't it? 

It was not a beautiful day here, Bill.

Quite dull, a wee bit overcast, 26 degrees unfortunately.  Looking like a good 5 month summer coming up here, so all is well.

Take care.

58 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Germany, France or England will win it, imo.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

The cringe around the TA in some is really odd. It's like the Scottish cringe but hyper targeted at the TA because some folk wear kilts and hats with feathers in them. (Yet Rudi Skacel in a ridiculous maroon and white wig is totally acceptable). These tournaments are supposed to have festival like atmospheres after all (and they do wherever the TA is, having been to several). The difference is our fans manage to enjoy ourselves without beating people up and destroying towns. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Germany, France or England will win it, imo.

Guffaw! The biggest losers in international football. All the teams they consider their rivals have won something in the age of colour TV. Meanwhile the've won as many tournaments as their actual local rivals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Guffaw! The biggest losers in international football. All their so-called rivals have won something in the age of colour TV. Meanwhile they've won as many tournaments as we have.

We'll see, Toque.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The cringe around the TA in some is really odd. It's like the Scottish cringe but hyper targeted at the TA because some folk wear kilts and hats with feathers in them. (Yet Rudi Skacel in a ridiculous maroon and white wig is totally acceptable). These tournaments are supposed to have festival like atmospheres after all (and they do wherever the TA is, having been to several). The difference is our fans manage to enjoy ourselves without beating people up and destroying towns. 

And sing ‘Doe a deer’.  :vrface:

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

They rarely disappoint. Very Hibs-like in that respect.

That one, I cannot dispute.  👍

Well I'm backing the Italians to win the whole thing. 

They've gone comply under the radar but have an excellent team.

will-i-am-a-jambo
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. I'm really proud to have a keyring from France 98 which says 'Voted the friendliest fans'. I feel sorry for the younger generation who have never experienced a World Cup or Euros. I'm excited for the Euros but it will be interesting to see what the atmosphere will be like with reduced crowds etc. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Even though lm TA lm not overly enthused with this song either. Gets tiresome after awhile. Hopefully there will be new songs to sing at the Euros. Enjoy your evening. 

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Guffaw! The biggest losers in international football. All the teams they consider their rivals have won something in the age of colour TV. Meanwhile the've won as many tournaments as their actual local rivals.

They're a decent side, Toque, and if they carry a bit of luck they may just win it. As long as we deliver a dent to their hopes a week on Friday I wouldn't really mind.

After years of disillusionment with the Jock team I can't believe how much I'm actually up for this.

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They're a decent side, Toque, and if they carry a bit of luck they may just win it. As long as we deliver a dent to their hopes a week on Friday I wouldn't really mind.

After years of disillusionment with the Jock team I can't believe how much I'm actually up for this.

Spain look tasty tonight , apparently they would benefit from having Alan Shearer up top though as hed have finished the chances they are creating. Portugal aging (a guess as i recognise most of their names) but still look solid and competitive.

Granted they are playing an Italian side who are 26 unbeaten but the Czechs look absolute pish tonight. 

They are there for the taking.

I do think England are overrated. 

Apart from a confused and negative playing style most of their best players are very inexperienced. 

Not long to find out. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 03/06/2021 at 14:26, Morgan said:

The stupidity and pointlessness of that song is exactly why it's so good. You haven't lived until you've been on a bus full of grown men banging on windows and singing a song for toddlers with all the seriousness of soldiers singing a battle hymn. It's the most ironic song in football. It perfectly defines a support that doesn't take itself seriously (mostly thanks to the almost complete lack of OF fans in the travelling support), unlike the England support. Although some of them seem to have lightened up recently and are willing to have a laugh at themselves.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Tommy Brown
On 03/06/2021 at 22:49, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Even though lm TA lm not overly enthused with this song either. Gets tiresome after awhile. Hopefully there will be new songs to sing at the Euros. Enjoy your evening. 

Unfortunately that one has arrived too.

Yes sir, I can boogie

Do people think Souttar would be in the frame if misfortune was to strike any of our central defenders?

I suspect the answer is no given that he's been playing at championship level.  Would be a bit of a sickener if Porteous was called up instead.  I've watched a fair bit of him and note that even some Hibs supporters are saying he's a complete liability.

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do people think Souttar would be in the frame if misfortune was to strike any of our central defenders?

I suspect the answer is no given that he's been playing at championship level.  Would be a bit of a sickener if Porteous was called up instead.  I've watched a fair bit of him and note that even some Hibs supporters are saying he's a complete liability.

Clarke likes Souttar and picked him often when he was fit, the one time he called up Porteous he never got a cap and fell behind some last minute emergency call ups in the pecking order. Clarke’s had one look at him in training and made his mind up imo

I think Considine is next in the queue if anyone pulls out just now

Edited by BigAlim

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The stupidity and pointlessness of that song is exactly why it's so good. You haven't lived until you've been on a bus full of grown men banging on windows and singing a song for toddlers with all the seriousness of soldiers singing a battle hymn. It's the most ironic song in football. It perfectly defines a support that doesn't take itself seriously (mostly thanks to the almost complete lack of OF fans in the travelling support), unlike the England support. Although some of them seem to have lightened up recently and are willing to have a laugh at themselves.

You're almost there, except it isn't stupid and pointless. Julie Andrews was/is a Gay icon, a theme continued with Yes sir I can boogie (sure to fill the dance floor in any gay club). I'm convinced we are family will be the next one. If you can't see what's happening then you think you're a man...

Midloth_Iain
On 03/06/2021 at 22:30, Homme said:

Well I'm backing the Italians to win the whole thing. 

They've gone comply under the radar but have an excellent team.

I actually fancied Turkey to beat Italy in the opening fixture and at 6/1, thought it was a decent bet. Turkey had a good qualifying run.

Then I realised the game is actually in Rome and subsequently Italy turned over the Czechs last night.

I have now revised my thinking and you could be right about Italy flying under the radar.

3 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

I actually fancied Turkey to beat Italy in the opening fixture and at 6/1, thought it was a decent bet. Turkey had a good qualifying run.

Then I realised the game is actually in Rome and subsequently Italy turned over the Czechs last night.

I have now revised my thinking and you could be right about Italy flying under the radar.

If they are flying under the radar its because of the English medias dismissiveness of them  

13 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Clarke likes Souttar and picked him often when he was fit, the one time he called up Porteous he never got a cap and fell behind some last minute emergency call ups in the pecking order. Clarke’s had one look at him in training and made his mind up imo

I think Considine is next in the queue if anyone pulls out just now

That's all good to know.  Likely will stand Souttar in good stead providing he can maintain his form and stay injury free.

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020tournamentpredictor/

Scotland got to Quarters knocked out by France . 

France v Belgium 

Spain v Portugal 

Final 

France v Spain 

France win for me.

Thanks for this, l predicted pretty much the same as you. Scotland to get through the groups, beat Sweden in the next round and lose to France in the Quarters. I didn't realise but 4 of the best placed 3rd finishers in groups go through. As long as we win one game by a decent margin and not lose too heavily in the other 2 games there's a good chance of going through!

55 minutes ago, mre said:

This pic was in the paper today, sourness and I think brooking have the same make of boots but what are they? 

gettyimages-78984274-1024x1024.jpg

Cheap af dunnies. Dunlop. 

Luxembourg are no longer the weakest of the weak and are on the upgrade

Of course they start from a low point but recent results show improvement

We have to play the majority of the side that will start against the Czechs if only to give them match practice and of course after the recent covid incident there are no other matches left

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Of course they start from a low point but recent results show improvement

We have to play the majority of the side that will start against the Czechs if only to give them match practice and of course after the recent covid incident there are no other matches left

looks pretty defensive at a glance, perhaps McGinn will be allowed to get forward frequently 

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

96th out of 210 (FIFA world rankings).

So comfortably top half of the world league...

McTominay may be in the midfield 3 for this one with Gallagher, Hanley and Tierney the back 3 and of course Robertson and O'Donnell as wing backs