*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

There are many who would rather McGregor plays over Gilmour because he has “experience” 

Yet another reason why a football daft country like ours can be so bad at the sport

I'd take McGregor off and stick Gilmour on in his place to see how he does. McGregor been terrible and the ball sticks with Gilmour. 

Turnbull been good, range of passing and technical ability far superior to McGregor as well. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm finding Dykes very frustrating. He has a good attitude certainly, but as often as not, in posession he gives the ball away easily. Then when a decent cross comes into the box he doesn't get in front of defenders. He's a big lad, he should be giving those defenders a lot more work to do.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

'Gilmour doesn't get a game though'...aye 'cos Callum McGregor strolls in ahead of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic right enough 😂😂

Neither does Gilmour though.  

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I feel for him too, I think he brings something to the team. Think they'll both get a decent amount of minutes though.

Hopefully. Dykes is the reason we have started to compete of late. 

Just now, whodanny said:

I'm finding Dykes very frustrating. He has a good attitude certainly, but as often as not, in posession he gives the ball away easily. Then when a decent cross comes into the box he doesn't get in front of defenders. He's a big lad, he should be giving those defenders a lot more work to do.

Same here. Feel like his overall play has dropped since his move. Maybe fees like he has made it now. This is his big chance with adams missing

Just now, cosanostra said:

Anyone watching England?

They look terrible.

Ask them for a right back. We've nane. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s not even been capped yet, there’s no way he’ll be starting at the Euros. 

No, there’s no shame in not being a regular for Chelsea but equally he hasn’t done enough to justify being in the squad.  People, including the media still rave about a good game he had in the Carabou Cup against Liverpool about 2 years ago because that’s all he’s done.  Not saying he’s not talented but he shouldn’t be in the squad for me, especially straight into the squad for the finals without even being tried at international level.  Midfield is by far our strongest area so it’s a bit surprising but I suppose he wouldn’t have been in it if just a 23 man squad. 

I’d say the same about Nathan Patterson- looks like Clark has bowed to media pressure, although my main gripe about getting the 3 extra players allowed in the squad is that he still didn’t take Griffiths, despite the limitations we have up front. 

Everyone has to get their first cap some time. We're talking about a guy getting game time, albeit limited (but about the same Forrest has had this season for comparison) for one of the best teams in the world. Competing with two top drawer players and one people are touting for the balon d'or and trusted by one of the best coaches in the game to be on his bench for a Champions league final. 

Let's agree to disagree. 👍

Just now, cosanostra said:

Anyone watching England?

They look terrible.

Nope but are they playing their usual boring, monotonous sideways football? 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Same here. Feel like his overall play has dropped since his move. Maybe fees like he has made it now. This is his big chance with adams missing

No support alongside him. He's knocked down some lovely lay offs, and the likes of McGregor and Armstrong have lost the ball immediately. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Neither does Gilmour though.  

But if not being good enough to start ahead of those 3 is the criteria for him not getting a game then surely we'll just have to start nobody, as we don't have a player better than those 3.

cosanostra
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Nope but are they playing their usual boring, monotonous sideways football? 

Exactly.

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s not even been capped yet, there’s no way he’ll be starting at the Euros. 

No, there’s no shame in not being a regular for Chelsea but equally he hasn’t done enough to justify being in the squad.  People, including the media still rave about a good game he had in the Carabou Cup against Liverpool about 2 years ago because that’s all he’s done.  Not saying he’s not talented but he shouldn’t be in the squad for me, especially straight into the squad for the finals without even being tried at international level.  Midfield is by far our strongest area so it’s a bit surprising but I suppose he wouldn’t have been in it if just a 23 man squad. 

I’d say the same about Nathan Patterson- looks like Clark has bowed to media pressure, although my main gripe about getting the 3 extra players allowed in the squad is that he still didn’t take Griffiths, despite the limitations we have up front. 

Devon Conway made his debut for NZ  today. He's 136 not out. :D

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No support alongside him. He's knocked down some lovely lay offs, and the likes of McGregor and Armstrong have lost the ball immediately. 

Maybe he needs to try holding it up a bit more then, he's often taking the ball with his back to goal, if he could turn with it he might be onto something.

WoolfordsHearts
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully. Dykes is the reason we have started to compete of late. 

Deffo.

The Australian needs to start. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Everyone has to get their first cap some time. We're talking about a guy getting game time, albeit limited (but about the same Forrest has had this season for comparison) for one of the best teams in the world. Competing with two top drawer players and one people are touting for the balon d'or and trusted by one of the best coaches in the game to be on his bench for a Champions league final. 

Let's agree to disagree. 👍

I’ll agree with you if he comes off the bench against England and scores the winner or an assist (hell I’d  bite your hand off for even an equaliser)!

Agree you need to get your first cap sometime but surely that’s what friendlies are for (not friendlies like this when the final squad has already been announced).  I just find Clarke’s timing a bit strange as I do some of his other squad picks but one of them just scored against Holland so maybe he knows best!

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Maybe he needs to try holding it up a bit more then, he's often taking the ball with his back to goal, if he could turn with it he might be onto something.

I’m sure he would if he didn’t have an Inter Milan and a Juventus centre half trying to stop him from doing so

His job is to take the ball down and lay it off, he’s got nobody to lay it off to

3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Deffo.

The Australian needs to start. 

Scotland needs mair Aussies, imo. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That’s cricket though in a series of whatever it is.  But maybe a good omen for Gilmour or Patterson to make a similar mark in a debut against England?!

coatbridgejambo
12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone watching England?

They look terrible.

Last 10 of the half and from what I saw yes just dreadful. 

Sooperstar
14 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone watching England?

They look terrible.

For all their quality they are an unbelievable boring team to watch. I doubt even many of the English are watching them tonight.

1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Last 10 of the half and from what I saw yes just dreadful. 

Best team they’ve ever had though apparently, sure I’ve heard that before 

Gilmour doesn't get a regular game at club level because he has three highly experienced world class players head of him. Pretty simple.

He should definitely be starting in this Scotland team. Guy is a different level IMO.

cosanostra
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

For all their quality they are an unbelievable boring team to watch. I doubt even many of the English are watching them tonight.

They look like they don't give a shit and they play at such low tempo.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Gilmour doesn't get a regular game at club level because he has three highly experienced world class players head of him. Pretty simple.

He should definitely be starting in this Scotland team. Guy is a different level IMO.

Im not disputing it’s very difficult for him to get a game at Chelsea but what is the criteria for getting capped these days - playing well in reserve games?  You’re saying he’s at a different level based on what - one game against Liverpool?  I saw a couple of the Chelsea league games he played towards the end of the season and hardly noticed he was even playing. 

Scotland have been down that route before, playing guys that don’t get first team action, let’s not go there again. At least most of our players are now playing regularly in the English Premier or Scottish Premiership and a lot less less are playing in the English Championship these days (or sitting on the bench in the English Championship) which was the case not long ago, so we clearly have a better squad than a few years ago. 

Anyway, I’ll agree to disagree on this one.  

Салатные палочки

Well taken goal. 

Hibs pr*ck :laugh2:

Just now, Sooperstar said:

That was all about the ball in from Robertson.

Indeed it was , well taken but nearly Hibs’d it 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

That was all about the ball in from Robertson.

Robertson needs to stop playing second fiddle to Tierney. 

Fozzyonthefence

Always said Nisbet was international class.🤭. Good move though, great ball from Robertson. 

The usual numpties on here that say he is shite, quicker Nisbet leaves them the better for me, better than anything we have for sure.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

The usual numpties on here that say he is shite, quicker Nisbet leaves them the better for me, better than anything we have for sure.

Not one of your more subtle ones. 

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aye but can he do it in a cold Sunday in a semi final v Hearts?😎

Usual garbage, could go back as you have no doubt slaughtered "Nissy" (just for you), in the past. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Thank **** he was playing in that semi against us!  

😆

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've had a couple 9f beers with him.  Really good guy.  He's actually a South African but qualified for NZ on residency grounds.

I've also had a couple of beers with Watling.  I've had lots of beers.

This Dutch side is so poor.

Looked like they were improving under Koeman but back to crap under de Boer. 

Luckily there's little expectation from them these days.

Just now, Barack said:

Aye. FAR superior to Boyce...

Brass neck calling folk numpties. :lol:

Think back, me and you have spoken before, you know fine I am a Hearts fan, you did not exactly cover yourself in glory last time I touched base.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

😆

I've had a couple 9f beers with him.  Really good guy.  He's actually a South African but qualified for NZ on residency grounds.

I've also had a couple of beers with Watling.  I've had lots of beers.

:olly:

:D 👍

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

****ing jesus away back to hobbitron 🤣🙈 better than anything we have 🤢

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Aye. FAR superior to Boyce...

Brass neck calling folk numpties. :lol:

^^^^^ this