*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

Ibrahim Tall
2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Only if we hammer them imo of course

What’s a hammering? 🤷‍♂️

It’s not the 00’s anymore, barely anyone ‘hammers’ Luxembourg. Even Portugal only beat them 3-1 last time around. If you were genuinely expecting Scotland to put 5 or 6 past them you’re delusional.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

What’s a hammering? 🤷‍♂️

It’s not the 00’s anymore, barely anyone ‘hammers’ Luxembourg. Even Portugal only beat them 3-1 last time around. If you were genuinely expecting Scotland to put 5 or 6 past them you’re delusional.

😂😂 At least 3 goals for me

At the Championship hand ball won't stop goals being given. Rule change for next season implemented early. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

At the Championship hand ball won't stop goals being given. Rule change for next season implemented early. 

Whats the change mikey?

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sounds like fun times adjudging accidental hand-ball. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Whats the change mikey?

Handball rule changed as football's law makers Ifab confirms new accidental ruling. Accidental handball that leads to a goal-scoring chance or a goal for a team-mate will no longer be penalised, say football's law makers.

Gilmour looks a real talent

Watching England match as well and Ward Prowse is a very tidy player and will be missed I think....would not mind him at Liverpool

Penalty England and of course Grealish collapses in the box......he may get fouled a lot but he goes down far too easy at times

Getting a bit irritated at the space we are giving them on our right. This is against 10 men, but it doesn't feel like we have that numerical advantage at times.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Handball rule changed as football's law makers Ifab confirms new accidental ruling. Accidental handball that leads to a goal-scoring chance or a goal for a team-mate will no longer be penalised, say football's law makers.

Thierry-Henry.jpg

Just now, Gizmo said:

Thatll be fun up here , Morelos accidentally dived and hit a defensive volleyball shot that cleared the defenders and landed at the feet of Defoe… He 💯 did not call his dive and indicate to Defoe where he was aiming to get the hit too

Defender went down like a sack of spuds in the box. Still not seen a replay of the Dykes foul earlier. 

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Good point.

10 minutes VAR checks.

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Defender went down like a sack of spuds in the box. Still not seen a replay of the Dykes foul earlier. 

The Dykes foul? When he scored? He’d have handballed it less if he basically caught the ball and threw it in

Just now, sadj said:

The Dykes foul? When he scored? He’d have handballed it less if he basically caught the ball and threw it in

Maybe the camera angles are different on this feed as I couldn't see. 

John Findlay
Just now, Gizmo said:

Sending off that, friendly or not. 

Agreed. Was totally pre-meditated.

Just now, Gizmo said:

Maybe the camera angles are different on this feed as I couldn't see. 

Iv only got Sky Sports Football on , so it was that camera angle. 

I think Dykes has been poor today

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Very few are intentional, only ones I can think of that were deliberate; Saurez v Ghana, McGhee v Aberdeen and Maradona v England 😁

Christ, that would have been a red in Rugby ffs. Shocking challenge. 

And folk think foreign refs are good :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Che Adams and Dykes both look like they have goals in them. 

🤣 perfectly timed from us both there. I do agree but I think hes been awful today

Edited by sadj

Missed penalty England ...Jordan Henderson who elbowed Rashford aside to take it to try and score his first International goal...stonewall penalty though

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Missed penalty England ...Jordan Henderson who elbowed Calvert-Lewin aside to take it to try and score his first International goal...stonewall penalty though

Be funny if Henderson gets injured.

Edited by Mikey1874

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Dykes saving his goals for next week

Saving them for somewhere.

O,Donnell is a big worry with his lack of pace on the right. Like the look of Paterson so far, might be a better option?

thehibsareintheirbeds

Missed a lot of chances and other than gilmour don't think midfield been at their best. Looked better the other night.  Interesting to see who we go with against Czechs.

Better with the Hibby than Dykes or even Gilmour in behind Adams. No doubt stuck with Dykes for Czech game.  

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Cruyff said:

Scotland players weren't going at 100%, protecting themselves a bit I think. 

Aye especially Forrest.......... 

Not going at 100% is a fair comment but the finishing has been terrible. Was a chance to boost confidence by bagging a few goals, that we failed to take.

Not sure we gained much from the match to be honest other than fitness,hardly tested at the back.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Better with the Hibby than Dykes or even Gilmour in behind Adams. No doubt stuck with Dykes for Czech game.  

I'd say he's earned his place with his performance v Serbia. Wasn't great tonight tho.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye especially Forrest.......... 

Not going at 100% is a fair comment but the finishing has been terrible. Was a chance to boost confidence by bagging a few goals, that we failed to take.

Not sure we gained much from the match to be honest other than fitness,hardly tested at the back.

Indeed , we can all go back to talking about Laff now though