• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look decent albeit in a friendly. A few of the missing players and the guys on the bench should make us considerably better too. Encouraging stuff.

Sooperstar
Just now, ri Alban said:

Who needs covid, with mcgregor aboot. Fecking heart attack. 

Him and Turnbull giving the ball away cheaply a fair bit.

JamboGraham

:sweeet:We’re going to win the Euro’s until the Luxembourg game aren’t we?

Just now, JamboGraham said:

:sweeet:We’re going to win the Euro’s until the Luxembourg game aren’t we?

Maybe not even until then

1-1

😁

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Him and Turnbull giving the ball away cheaply a fair bit.

Fortunately we've got McGinn, McTominay and Gilmour to come in for the games that matter.

JamboGraham
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Maybe not even until then

1-1

😁

Mad Clarke oot !!!

:getout:

Leveins Battalion

Dunno how true it is but I heard we were offered Lyndon Dykes but CL thought he wasn't good enough.😂😂

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Dunno how true it is but I heard we were offered Lyndon Dykes but CL thought he wasn't good enough.😂😂

Wouldn't surprise me tbh

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We looked at Dykes when he was Championship. Read the thread you’ll see this places thoughts on him. 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Is this ref on crack or something?

What the hell is he on?

Two great goals.

Scotland looking no bad.

No bad? Our defending was abysmal for their goal , looked tidy without much menace though

Just now, sadj said:

No bad? Our defending was abysmal for their goal , looked tidy without much menace though

Not bad for a line up that won't be anywhere close to our team for the tournament. Decent run out for some of the fringe players due to the circumstances and holding our own against superior opposition.

Just now, Taffin said:

Not bad for a line up that won't be anywhere close to our team for the tournament. Decent run out for some of the fringe players due to the circumstances and holding our own against superior opposition.

What worries me is that this is what we look like with all centre backs available 

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Fortunately we've got McGinn, McTominay and Gilmour to come in for the games that matter.

Gilmour won’t be coming in.  Not sure why he’s even in the squad, hardly played for Chelsea.  

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

What worries me is that this is what we look like with all centre backs available 

True, but hopefully in most games they'll have a midfield in front of them too 👍

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Ill bow to your superior knowledge , i know feck all about the current Holland team. 

Im prob way off the mark but can only think of McGinn and McTomintay to come in really

(not being sarky before anyone suggests it)

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Gilmour won’t be coming in.  Not sure why he’s even in the squad, hardly played for Chelsea.  

I'd guess he's in there because he's a much better player than most of the options. Not much shame in not be a starter in that Chelsea midfield... especially at his age. Great wee player, would improve tonight's line up ten fold.

An Austrian got booked against England for having a pony tail.

I thoroughly approve of that.

Do you think when the Dutch RB walks throw the woods and no one is around, you can hear him. 

Timber... 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ill bow to your superior knowledge , i know feck all about the current Holland team. 

Im prob way off the mark but can only think of McGinn and McTomintay to come in really

(not being sarky before anyone suggests it)

I know little of them either as a team but they've good players in most positions and qualified strongly.

Turnbull and McGregor to McGinn and McTominay may only be two players but it's like night and day in terms of quality.

Just now, Taffin said:

I know little of them either as a team but they've good players in most positions and qualified strongly.

Turnbull and McGregor to McGinn and McTominay may only be two players but it's like night and day in terms of quality.

Adams, McTominey, Mcginn, Fraser and O'Donnell will play. Feel sorry for Dykes. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Adams, McTominey, Mcginn, Fraser and O'Donnell will play. Feel sorry for Dykes. 

I feel for him too, I think he brings something to the team. Think they'll both get a decent amount of minutes though.

Just now, Taffin said:

Forgot about Che Adams , though I dont know a lot about him either or who he would come in for if anyone.

Turnbull and McGregor to McGinn and McTominay is def an upgrade. Turnbull has something - McGregor though 🙁

There are many who would rather McGregor plays over Gilmour because he has “experience” 

Yet another reason why a football daft country like ours can be so bad at the sport

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'd guess he's in there because he's a much better player than most of the options. Not much shame in not be a starter in that Chelsea midfield... especially at his age. Great wee player, would improve tonight's line up ten fold.

He’s not even been capped yet, there’s no way he’ll be starting at the Euros. 

No, there’s no shame in not being a regular for Chelsea but equally he hasn’t done enough to justify being in the squad.  People, including the media still rave about a good game he had in the Carabou Cup against Liverpool about 2 years ago because that’s all he’s done.  Not saying he’s not talented but he shouldn’t be in the squad for me, especially straight into the squad for the finals without even being tried at international level.  Midfield is by far our strongest area so it’s a bit surprising but I suppose he wouldn’t have been in it if just a 23 man squad. 

I’d say the same about Nathan Patterson- looks like Clark has bowed to media pressure, although my main gripe about getting the 3 extra players allowed in the squad is that he still didn’t take Griffiths, despite the limitations we have up front. 

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

There are many who would rather McGregor plays over Gilmour because he has “experience” 

Yet another reason why a football daft country like ours can be so bad at the sport

'Gilmour doesn't get a game though'...aye 'cos Callum McGregor strolls in ahead of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic right enough 😂😂

Halftime 1-1 Tierney top man imo, a couple of positive runs forward, and a long shot that came close just before we scored