*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

FFS 🤯 I am devastated at that news...you couldn't fecking make this up...one game and we have recognised a wee genius in our ranks and this ludicrous virus has ruled him out...

Him up against Modric would have been mind-blowing to see...

Our best player after 1 full start and he is out for 10 days 🤬😠😡😤😖😣😖

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

'Hearing it was' and seeing a few random comments on Twitter, from people with no more information than me or you, suggesting it might be, are two very different things.

Anyway, time will tell. Hopefully it is a false positive and nobody else is affected.

It's on the BBC website & is confirmed by the SFA.

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Playing effing table tennis.

And posting it on social media too. :facepalm:

It should have been made plain to all players before the tournament began that they should avoid doing this. Personally, I would have banned social media altogether. It would be very easy in this day and age for the Croatians to now contact UEFA and say "Ahem, have you seen this photo of the infected Gilmour and some of his playing chums?"

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's on the BBC website & is confirmed by the SFA.

That it was a false positive (which is the claim Sooperstar was talking about)? Methinks not.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's on the BBC website & is confirmed by the SFA

They are  referring to the false positive which I mentioned, I am feeling very apologetic for posting something which has not been verified on a football forum 😉 here was me thinking it happened all the time

Edited by lou

Just now, lou said:

They are  referring to he false positive which I mentioned, I am feeling very apologetic for posting something which has not been verified on a football forum 😉 here was me thinking it happened all the time

You see what you've started. :D

ArcticJambo

McGinn & Robertson out too!! see SFA twitter update, posted on live Football Guardian.  Now that's shit.

3 minutes ago, lou said:

They are  referring to the false positive which I mentioned, I am feeling very apologetic for posting something which has not been verified on a football forum 😉 here was me thinking it happened all the time

Not on the news report  I'm reading they're not. No mention of any "false positive".

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You see what you've started. :D

I am banning myself in disgrace or taking the full plaudits and claiming to be ITK if its right 😉

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Pay more attention Nano.

There is no mention of the words "false positive"  on the BBC news report - which I have just checked. Wind yer neck in smart arse.

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

We should have played our strongest team in the first game. Do you disagree with that?

Perharps Steve Clarke believed that was his strongest team. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

looks like a fake account, which is a relief.

Good spot :laugh:

Still... at this rate we might as well expect that to become true!

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There is no mention of the words "false positive"  on the BBC news report - which I have just checked. Wind yer neck in smart arse.

Thank you for confirming what I already knew. As I said, pay more attention.

heatonjambo

I’m confused here

If everyone is in a safe bubble, how come only he is positive and no other Scottish or English player is?

or for that matter Croatian who may have passed this onto an English player, who passed it onto billy.

this just seems unlikely that it’s only him

Hungry hippo
Just now, heatonjambo said:

I’m confused here

If everyone is in a safe bubble, how come only he is positive and no other Scottish or English player is?

or for that matter Croatian who may have passed this onto an English player, who passed it onto billy.

this just seems unlikely that it’s only him

It could be a false positive.

Maroon Sailor

Still need someone to put the ball in the net and hope Marshall lays off the Peruvian salt

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Still need someone to put the ball in the net and hope Marshall lays off the Peruvian salt

Exactly. As I said Tierney or Robertson missing would have a bigger impact.

Just need to suck it up. 

south morroccan

If we're out tomorrow will Billy be left in the hotel room for another 8 days while the rest go home? Knowing the SFA, if that's the case they'll probably make him pay for his stay.

Ainsley Harriott
13 minutes ago, south morroccan said:

If we're out tomorrow will Billy be left in the hotel room for another 8 days while the rest go home? Knowing the SFA, if that's the case they'll probably make him pay for his stay.

Probably demand hearts pay for it

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully it's just him. 

If we lose others then it's all ****ed. 

54 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And posting it on social media too. :facepalm:

It should have been made plain to all players before the tournament began that they should avoid doing this. Personally, I would have banned social media altogether. It would be very easy in this day and age for the Croatians to now contact UEFA and say "Ahem, have you seen this photo of the infected Gilmour and some of his playing chums?"

It is a sport that is allowed under the covid rules and regulations so no problem playing it or even posting videos.............but of course in this media nonsense era easier to just remove the video than spending hours trying to explain to the ignorant

SuperstarSteve

One things for sure if Gilmour positive test is legit. If Robbo and mcginn don’t self isolate we are lying about close contacts. Disgrace that granted not many will agree as it’s all about getting the win. 

Playing table tennis when they're supposed to be in bubbles is bad enough, but how daft do you have to be to post it on social media.

Never underestimate Scotland when it comes to finding new and imaginative ways of ballsing things up at major tournaments.

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

One things for sure if Gilmour positive test is legit. If Robbo and mcginn don’t self isolate we are lying about close contacts. Disgrace that granted not many will agree as it’s all about getting the win. 

If I was you I'd check the rules re covid etc first before posting such nonsense

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Playing table tennis when they're supposed to be in bubbles is bad enough, but how daft do you have to be to post it on social media.

Never underestimate Scotland when it comes to finding new and imaginative ways of ballsing things up at major tournaments.

Check the rules.....god some on here need to be told what they are yet think they can post nonsense

Nookie Bear

Bit tiresome this: if you are expecting 26 young lads to be away from their families for weeks on end, training and playing together, but then have an issue with them playing table tennis then the whole set up is massively unfair on the players and their mental health.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Check the rules.....god some on here need to be told what they are yet think they can post nonsense

If it was all legit I wonder why the post has been removed.  Maybe they took it down before they checked the rules.🤔

Does anyone actually know if Robertson, Gilmour and Mcginn are all out of the Croatia game 

Gilmour is confirmed out but can’t find anything on the other 2 

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Does anyone actually know if Robertson, Gilmour and Mcginn are all out of the Croatia game 

Only Gilmour.

SuperstarSteve
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If I was you I'd check the rules re covid etc first before posting such nonsense

Rules? You can test negative for up until 10 days. Hence me saying if billy Gilmour positive test is legit. Mcginn and Robertson must self isolate. Those guys are close contacts. That’s the rules everyone else needs to follow unless footballers are under a different set of rules. 
the English health board investigating Gilmour close contacts as I type this so time will tell. If Robertson wasn’t in any danger of self isolating he wouldn’t have deleted his video he would have left it up. 

edit... Your correct. Regardless of coming into close contact with someone who has covid, not even the public need to self isolate if they don’t have symptoms. Research before I post in future like you say. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Beeb article currently

The Scottish FA currently say there are no close contacts identified from inside the camp, with 25 players fit to face Croatia.

2 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Beeb article currently

The Scottish FA currently say there are no close contacts identified from inside the camp, with 25 players fit to face Croatia.

🙏

It’s a blow losing Gilmour but I had visions of it decimating the whole National squad and just prior to one of the most important games that they will ever play 

Thanks for the post 

I was wondering when our luck would change and we'd get out a group finally, considering we've had campaigns were we went unbeaten and still went out.

Instead of a bit of luck, we get this news. Cheers, football gods. 

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I was wondering when our luck would change and we'd get out a group finally, considering we've had campaigns were we went unbeaten and still went out.

I also just feel so bad for the lad.  Talk about highs and lows eh.

Do wonder how this can happen within a bubble.

The Old Tolbooth

25 of the 26 players were training this morning, if there were any issues then there wouldn't be 25 training, there would be less. 

I also don't understand why we're based in Middlesborough and flying to Scotland for two games, and London for the other, surely going through airports brings its own risks and also the extra travelling, I would have thought we'd be based in Scotland to cut down the risk. 

I hear that Dembele is also out of the French squad for the same reasons now too. 

8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

🙏

It’s a blow losing Gilmour but I had visions of it decimating the whole National squad and just prior to one of the most important games that they will ever play 

Thanks for the post 

Welcome, it’s very Scottish 😂

John Findlay
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

25 of the 26 players were training this morning, if there were any issues then there wouldn't be 25 training, there would be less. 

I also don't understand why we're based in Middlesborough and flying to Scotland for two games, and London for the other, surely going through airports brings its own risks and also the extra travelling, I would have thought we'd be based in Scotland to cut down the risk. 

I hear that Dembele is also out of the French squad for the same reasons now too. 

The Czechs had booked the Oriam as their base. Plus Hearts are now back for Pre-season.

They obviously felt Middlesbrough was the best option.

Ainsley Harriott

The authorities are set to announce hearts must delay preseason traing due to Gilmours positive test. The rest are find to carry on

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It does feel like we’ve been cursed somewhere. You can’t have this amount of misfortune over the years….
If it wasn’t for bad luck we’d get no luck at all ffs! :lol: