*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

Samuel Camazzola
44 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Is this a new system they have introduced. with goal difference being decided on a head to head basis rather over the 3group games.?

All our calculations after the game are out the window now 

If we are level on points and can't better the goal difference, that scenario would see us second based on goals scored as our head to head finished goalless. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

4 third place finishers go through do they not?

ideally need Belgium to pump Finland and also Switzerland and turkey to draw. That means a win against Croatia and we would go through, I think?

Anything other than a Swiss win and Spain winning both their games would do.

The Real Maroonblood

Tuesday will certainly be interesting.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

59 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Is this a new system they have introduced. with goal difference being decided on a head to head basis rather over the 3group games.?

Not sure if it's new, but head to head is the first consideration when teams are on equal points

21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Yes they do, it's looking like 4 points should be enough.

As It Stands

5pb53O5.jpg

Rules for classification:
1) Points;
2) Goal difference;
3) Goals scored;
4) Wins;
5) Lower disciplinary points total;
6) European Qualifiers overall ranking.

What about head to head, say Scotland and the Czechs are even on all fronts. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Sco 2-0 Cro

Eng 0-1 CZH is the minimum needed for us to take 2nd place. 

That would be the most glorious thing ever. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What about head to head, say Scotland and the Czechs are even on all fronts. 

We can't both be in 3rd place.

Head to head will separate us within the group itself.
In which case they'd be above us as they beat us 2-0.

We really need to beat the Croats.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aw man, Where's the alka seltzers? :vrface:

Once you’re back on the lash you’ll be fine.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Once you’re back on the lash you’ll be fine.

I believe everyone has already started again downstairs. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

👍🍺🍷

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Nope.

We'd be equal on Goal Difference (level) but ahead on Goals Scored (2 v 1).

willie wallace
12 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Nope.

We'd be equal on Goal Difference (level) but ahead on Goals Scored (2 v 1).

Not quite sure what you mean there.

As I understand it we could in theory finish with a better goal difference than the Czechs but  cannot go above them..

We can finish above England only.

John Findlay

Forget other teams and permutations.

Let's do the hard bit and beat Croatia. 

This will not be an easy task. Despite what some may think they are still a decent team, and like us are a very proud nation.

We need to play with the same heart and desire as we did against England. This will be difficult as last night will have taken alot out of the players. The management, coaching and medical staff have to get the rest time correct here. Very light training session today, none tomorrow, and another light session Monday. Monday afternoon just a session on finishing from everyone in the squad, as any player can score a goal.

Let's beat Croatia first and worry about other events after. 

Beating Croatia wont be easy.

I would move from Middlesbrough to the Oriam. That way not so much travelling time to Hampden on Tuesday.

Can we beat Croatia? Yes

Will it be easy? No

Will we beat Croatia? My heart say yes, my head says no. Afterall I'm a veteran of Scotland campaigns since West Germany 1974.

For once I hope my heart wins.

32 minutes ago, Cade said:

We can't both be in 3rd place.

Head to head will separate us within the group itself.
In which case they'd be above us as they beat us 2-0.

We really need to beat the Croats.

Does head to head beat goal difference, if we have a better goal difference. 

10 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Not quite sure what you mean there.

As I understand it we could in theory finish with a better goal difference than the Czechs but  cannot go above them..

We can finish above England only.

Oh, for the Czechs? Sorry, yes, it's head to head first.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Great effort from the team, arguably unlucky not to win, but also rode our luck at times. Weird match, actually.

Seeing folk dancing in the streets at a 0-0 draw tells you how far we've fallen, however. That's borderline Hibs.

Hopefully Clarke and Robertson don't let the fans' euphoria go to their heads. Keep the players away from the media and the phones. Send Jon McLoughlin and the physio to do all the interviews so they don't let their heads get inflated by the fawning. All they've done is earned the right to still be in the mix. It's time not to be Scottish now - y'know, where we seem to revel in our past glorious failures (oh, what permutation did we get knocked out by in.../if only we hadn't...). It's time to be the ultimate professionals that the guys who are playing for top teams are week in, week out, and demand even more of themselves. We can do it, and a big part of it will be the mentality.

This 100%

The Czech game was the being Scottish game. The game we should have taken something from and we bottled it. Let's put that behind us, and go and get the job done in our final game. We've turned in the battling performance to give us an opportunity, now let's go and take it.

Also glad to see people recognising Gilmour as a player now. Should have been in for the first game.

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Phil Foden is a pound shop Gazza 

👍😂

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This will not be an easy task. Despite what some may think they are still a decent team, and like us are a very proud nation.

We need to play with the same heart and desire as we did against England. This will be difficult as last night will have taken alot out of the players. The management, coaching and medical staff have to get the rest time correct here. Very light training session today, none tomorrow, and another light session Monday. Monday afternoon just a session on finishing from everyone in the squad, as any player can score a goal.

I would move from Middlesbrough to the Oriam. That way not so much travelling time to Hampden on Tuesday.

Can we beat Croatia? Yes

Will it be easy? No

Will we beat Croatia? My heart say yes, my head says no. Afterall I'm a veteran of Scotland campaigns since West Germany 1974.

i would say we are evenly matched to croatia and their team seems to match how ours is.

what i mean is both decent defensively but have that "moment" in each side. And like us they are missing a goalscorer, i can see it being a low scoring game, hopefully with us getting the win by the required margin

3 hours ago, James1874f said:

Don’t get why folk are creaming themselves over drawing 0-0. That game was there to be won. 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Seeing folk dancing in the streets at a 0-0 draw tells you how far we've fallen, however. That's borderline Hibs.

2 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I was going through town last night and couldn't get the celebrations from the younger element at a 0-0 as if we had won the Euros, total cringe, that's real minow stuff.

The draw puts us in a position to qualify by beating Croatia.

So you are wrong to underplay the result. 

Samuel Camazzola
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Can we beat Croatia? Yes

Will it be easy? No

We have a private flight which takes little over 30 minutes so that won't be an issue. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This. Going into the last game with a chance to qualify and folk getting upset about "celebrating" a 0-0.   Oh, and England could still get knocked out at the group stage.   Bring it on. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Naw, we've still to beat Croatia, 1 point from 2 games, worst goal difference and bottom of the group and we've still to score a goal, this is hibsing stuff 

John Findlay
47 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've witnessed all these years of getting to major tournaments then Hibsing it. 

This may be the year that changes, after all it has to happen one day so why not next week ?

Jonno, I agree it has to happen one day, I too hope that day is Tuesday coming.

Tommy Brown

Say it again, dont be surprising if England play out a 0-0 with the Czechs.

Both qualify on 5 pts and England avoid France/Portugal.

We have a chance by beating Croatia.

2 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I was going through town last night and couldn't get the celebrations from the younger element at a 0-0 as if we had won the Euros, total cringe, that's real minow stuff, suppose it is seeing them in a championship for the first time 

I will still be surprised if we score a goal in open play, Gilmour looks a player,MacGregor,KT and Robertson give us a good foundation, just don't understand McTominey not playing in his strongest position, really need a goalscorer to make the difference

A bit of a fun police comment, let them enjoy the moment 

Edited by Hesh

John Findlay
Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

Naw, we've still to beat Croatia, 1 point from 2 games, worst goal difference and bottom of the group and we've still to score a goal, this is hibsing stuff 

Dont talk shite. Hibsingit would have being 2 up against both the Czechs and England and losing both games 3-2. Try giving some credit to the opposition. The Czechs have been better than expected, though I will be surprised if they get anything against England at Wembley.

It's been about very thin margins in this group. We got a big slice of luck with Stones header hitting the post last night.

Let's hope we get the breaks on Tuesday.

Whether you agree or not, we didnt get one piece of luck against the Czechs.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Jamos86 said:

Representing 🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

DA78B438-08D2-4E56-8BD8-03F6F8635635.jpeg

Always plenty jambos 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also puts us in a position to beat Croatia and still go out.

Scotland played well done better than expected draw at Wembley not to be sniffed at but parties and celebrating a draw nah I’ll pass

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Always plenty jambos 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻

Beautiful 😍 

If England and Czech Rep play out a draw, then the Czechs win the group by merit of goal difference.

They'd then face either France, Portugal, Germany or Hungary, whoever is 2nd place in that group.

2nd place in our group (which would be England in this scenario) faces 2nd place out of Sweden, Slovakia, Spain and Poland.

Scotland need to overhaul Croatia in the table and that means beating them.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dont talk shite. Hibsingit would have being 2 up against both the Czechs and England and losing both games 3-2. Try giving some credit to the opposition. The Czechs have been better than expected, though I will be surprised if they get anything against England at Wembley.

It's been about very thin margins in this group. We got a big slice of luck with Stones header hitting the post last night.

Let's hope we get the breaks on Tuesday.

Whether you agree or not, we didnt get one piece of luck against the Czechs.

great performance last night.

Still blame Steve Clark for the Czech result. We left our better players on the bench for some bizarre reason and tried to grind out a win. Played into the strengths of the Czech Republic by launching high balls and trying to “not lose” 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

great performance last night.

Still blame Steve Clark for the Czech result. We left our better players on the bench for some bizarre reason and tried to grind out a win. Played into the strengths of the Czech Republic by launching high balls and trying to “not lose” 

Just wonder how much not having Tierney influenced Czech team. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Just wonder how much not having Tierney influenced Czech team. 

definitely a factor. But not selecting Gilmour and Adams absolutely criminal.

we play our best available team we win that game.  It was to cautious imo 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Iv got an upstairs in my house , im posh sort of post imo

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

definitely a factor. But not selecting Gilmour and Adams absolutely criminal.

we play our best available team we win that game.  It was to cautious imo 

👍🏻👌🏻

Scotland somehow 9/4 to beat Croatia but 2/1 to qualify, how does that make any sense or have the bookies just made an error? 

The great and powerful Harry Kane touched the ball a whopping 19 times before being subbed after 74 minutes :rofl:

Can't wait to tune into the Hungary v France game on BBC just to hear what that c*ck Lineker has to say 😁

pharmaceutical01
21 minutes ago, Cade said:

If England and Czech Rep play out a draw, then the Czechs win the group by merit of goal difference.

They'd then face either France, Portugal, Germany or Hungary, whoever is 2nd place in that group.

2nd place in our group (which would be England in this scenario) faces 2nd place out of Sweden, Slovakia, Spain and Poland.

Scotland need to overhaul Croatia in the table and that means beating them.

Judging by the TV and radio media tonight and this morning, a draw will not be acceptable to England

5 hours ago, King prawn said:

Che Adams is much better than I thought he was and Lyndon Dykes did superbly holding the ball up and getting us up the park. 

I really wish we’d played that side against the Czechs. 

Tierney and Robertson down that left side are a joy to watch and even O’Donnell had a great game! (Must admit I was watching through my fingers when he was on the ball in the first half) 

O'Donnell knows the fans don't want him in the team

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was I the only one when Nisbet came on that thought score the winner ya Hibs ***** 😱😆

Shouted out "C'mon ya wee Hibs Fa*ny" 😁

38 minutes ago, sadj said:

Iv got an upstairs in my house , im posh sort of post imo

Not my house. 😛 I'm at my mates in the Countryside. :👍

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

O'Donnell knows the fans don't want him in the team

Stephen O'Donnell was ****ing superb.