*** Scotland Euro 2020 (2021) Thread ( merged) ***

Chaps

Thoughts on tonight, I called it before the Czech game that Marshall would cost us and well we all know what transpired that night, wasn't dropped for the England game but didn't have anything to do as they were that bad. Tonight he will have a lot more to do and I think will cost us again, we will all look back, including the media who hardly said a word on the matter, and wonder why he retained his place. 

Having said all that lets get in tae them!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

There's also the small matter that we're the only team in the tournament who haven't scored a goal yet 😳

Like I said earlier, our goalscoring record is not far different to that of Croatia and (champions elect in their minds) England who both have scored 1 goal.

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Thoughts on tonight, I called it before the Czech game that Marshall would cost us and well we all know what transpired that night, wasn't dropped for the England game but didn't have anything to do as they were that bad. Tonight he will have a lot more to do and I think will cost us again, we will all look back, including the media who hardly said a word on the matter, and wonder why he retained his place. 

What was your prediction every other time we've faced Croatia going back to our first meeting in 2000?

I don't think Croatia have got over their destruction in the final by France. 

They probably should have changed their manager too. They do have good players but it's not obvious they have the fight and determination needed for a game like this. 

2-0 Scotland - Adams, Christie (pen)

After the despair of the Czech result we would have mugged our grannies to have a chance where win the last game and we're through.   Just MON Scotland, find that extra wee spark up front that we need.

3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

After the despair of the Czech result we would have mugged our grannies to have a chance where win the last game and we're through.   Just MON Scotland, find that extra wee spark up front that we need.

This 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

59 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's like when teams can't buy a win then Hearts rock up and.....

Yes, Hearts and Scotland are usually good for offering a helping hand.  :sad:  

3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It's true we've not scored yet but there's hardly a world of difference between that and what England and Croatia have managed.

There is a world of difference though in that England have already qualified whereas even a draw won't be good enough to see us through in our final game.

Make no mistake, I am hugely encouraged by out performances but the harsh facts are that we have played 2, won 0 and scored 0.

Tonight can change all of that and I hope it does.

39 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He’s made one mistake. A big one albeit. Just about every mistake a keeper makes leads to a goal, as did his. As did Craig Gordon against Harry Kane not so long ago. The rest of the time he’s been fine. I expect him to be fine tonight.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

There is a world of difference though in that England have already qualified whereas even a draw won't be good enough to see us through in our final game.

Make no mistake, I am hugely encouraged by out performances but the harsh facts are that we have played 2, won 0 and scored 0.

Tonight can change all of that and I hope it does.

You're right of course but England hadn't qualified until last night, hardly inspiring.

As Rod Stewart says though, tonight's the night. 👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Sadly agree. Not sure why everyone is so confident. 

They are World Cup finalists ffs. 

A  pale imitation of that team of their last ten results and two performances so far, got to hope they don’t turn it around tonight. 
They look a bit slow and uninterested, hope we run them about a bit if possible. 

I know it's controversial with some on here and that's fine but I earnestly wish Griffiths was mentally and physically fit and able to play.

For my money he's a natural predator.  A McCoist or Robbo not that he's as good as either imo.  Without him, I worry about where the goals will come from.

Regardless, I've been wolfing down the positive pills all morning and I'll be cheering us on all the way.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know it's controversial with some on here and that's fine but I earnestly wish Griffiths was mentally and physically fit and able to play.

For my money he's a natural predator.  A McCoist or Robbo not that he's as good as either imo.  Without him, I worry about where the goals will come from.

Regardless, I've been wolfing down the positive pills all morning and I'll be cheering us on all the way.

That's not controversial, I'm pretty sure almost everybody would want a mentally and physically fit Griffiths in the team tonight. Unfortunately it's a long time since he's been either.

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Croatia still have a better team than us. I can see it being a disappointing flop and no goals for us.

Here is a valuable lesson for many.

Football never has and never will be played on paper.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

There’s something badly wrong in the Croatia camp. They’ve been very poor so far.

Of course, we know what that means tonight eh !

😂

Yeah. You just know that they’ll have a team meeting before the game. Have a big group hug and come out with all guns blazing :lol:

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Would have been a lot more in the media about it had it been Gordon. 😏

It matters not what has gone before. This tournament or any other matches in any other tournament. 

Literally 90 minutes to change the fortunes of a nation and more importantly change the narrative and shut the English up.

As I said before, outfighting the English goes without saying but to match them on quality all over the park and defend like we did was brilliant - we need to do the same and some how manage to find the net.

Come on Scotland. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

17 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Would have been a lot more in the media about it had it been Gordon. 😏

No there wouldn’t because he would have been nowhere near the centre circle !

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Boab said:

No there wouldn’t because he would have been nowhere near the centre circle !

Aye that's true 😅

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Starting to shite masel. 

Relax man, it's in the bag. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Spoiler

Am shiting it tae 😄

The beer is chilling in the fridge. I can’t wait for this.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Come on Scotland

Which nobody should say ever, for fear the witch’s curse🙁

4 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Relax man, it's in the bag. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hide contents

Am shiting it tae 😄

:D

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Just one change. Armstrong in for Gilmour

Predictable. Not unwelcome?

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

I thought Turnbull may have got the nod. But a solid enough team. 

Moan Scotland! Please, FFS, and 😭 just fur wance. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I thought Turnbull may have got the nod. But a solid enough team. 

Moan Scotland! Please, FFS, and 😭 just fur wance. 

This. Toss us a bone Scotland. Please 🙏🏻 

Aw feck, Ma arse has just fell aff. And the gaime husnae even startit yet. 

:olly: Time to calm the jets. 

Салатные палочки

Stupidly said I would come and watch the game with my dad which meant I had to drive. Now I can't have a drink and I'm shiting it!! 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Stupidly said I would come and watch the game with my dad which meant I had to drive. Now I can't have a drink and I'm shiting it!! 

Taxi?

No way could I get through this game without a beer.

Edited by iantjambo

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Taxi?

Would be about £50. Fine if we win but imagine paying that after a defeat. 

There must be some diazepam in this house somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

John mcginn - West Ham manager. 

Not so sure that’s correct. 

Embarrassing eh. STV too. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Taxi?

Fully intended to watch this game dry........Got to 5pm and decided no chance that's happening. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Would be about £50. Fine if we win but imagine paying that after a defeat. 

There must be some diazepam in this house somewhere. 

Stay at yer Da's. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Do we need to listen to this mutant Gallagher. 

Try sportsound mate.   It's a blast.  W Miller, Dodds.  

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Try sportsound mate.   It's a blast.  W Miller, Dodds.  

:rofl: