***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

Heard we're looking at Dixon offdok-Green.... Cheap at only a few coppers... 

Fits The Bill. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tommy Brown
26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Were not signing Ross Callachan FFS:gok:

Folk have nowt to do so believe anything:vrface:

Its in the papers, must be true

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Fresh air kick at a corner v Livingston springs to mind. Straight into the net. 

Was it him that left  the ball at a corner at Motherwell in the cup as well? 😭

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just making an observation. Maybe I should’ve kept my thoughts to myself. But transfers threads are one of the only reasons I come here (along with match days). Usually a nice mix of ITK chat, speculation and then you see names start appear in the media too and you think there’s something to it. Then the discussion is about can we or will we, or are they good enough or not? And when there was no firm speculation people just left the thread as is. Only thing that annoyed me about previous windows was people bringing up Lafferty, Cummings or Adam. Ironically there’s been none of that this time around but the thread has just got weird.

Since Neilson/Savage have come in, leaks have been less frequent.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And some previous ITKers seem to have disappeared.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Haken said:

Aye for sure. There'll still be some getting bits and pieces but definitely not on the scale as before.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As it should be. 

9 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It seems to be Dunne, Nicholson and Callahan this time round. Its still early for all the juicy gossip, really. 

I still think the best bit of transfer gossip was the guy in the tracksuit at Edinburgh Airport. 

That wee ginger lad has falling under the radar Ally Crawford his name was being chucked about a few months ago. 

11 minutes ago, Haken said:

Kinda makes sense.  I used to get lots of info, some of which I'd post on here (until I decided it wasn't worth it!!!), but then the folk you know at the club move on etc.

Still get the odd snippet of whats happening inside the club but not on the transfer front.  Mostly pinch of salt stuff though.

Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The days of Gary Locke on the coaching staff were the best. The entirety of Bonnyrig club knew who we were speaking to.

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Kinda makes sense.  I used to get lots of info, some of which I'd post on here (until I decided it wasn't worth it!!!), but then the folk you know at the club move on etc.

Still get the odd snippet of whats happening inside the club but not on the transfer front.  Mostly pinch of salt stuff though.

Christ, I hope an insider isn't blabbing about the award winning restaurant's secrets.

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The days of Gary Locke on the coaching staff were the best. The entirety of Bonnyrig club knew who we were speaking to.

Used to get the gossip from his brother Kevin :greggy:

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Christ, I hope an insider isn't blabbing about the award winning restaurant's secrets.

Ha to be fair, in my line of work, that's the thing I'm most likely to hear about these days!!

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Used to get the gossip from his brother Kevin :greggy:

Yip the summer we signed Taouil,Grainger,Sutton etc i knew this months before :rudiyas:

Though when Locke was manager was told Kris Boyd was 99.99999% signed and never happend.

Maybe because Levein sacked him though.:getout:

Batistuta87
11 hours ago, Jeff said:

We will probably end up with Doyle and Dikamona

Don't 😳 haha

I was quite interested in Medley when they loaned him in from Arsenal but can't say I've noticed whether he's even played or not. I remember watching him in one of their pre-season games in the US and he was outstanding and thought he was en-route to the Arsenal first team. 

Could genuinely be one for us if he's decent. Not getting a new deal at Arsenal, obviously willing to play in Scotland, left sided, massive... 

Edited by Batistuta87

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yip the summer we signed Taouil,Grainger,Sutton etc i knew this months before :rudiyas:

Though when Locke was manager was told Kris Boyd was 99.99999% signed and never happend.

Maybe because Levein sacked him though.:getout:

What is funny now is that at the time we were all pretty happy (from what I recall) with those 3 signing. Fast forward to today, I bet folk would be raging with us signing their equivalents :lol:

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What is funny now is that at the time we were all pretty happy (from what I recall) with those 3 signing. Fast forward to today, I bet folk would be raging with us signing their equivalents :lol:

Taouil showed some good glimpses. Sutton was reeking.  

john thomas
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Taouil seemed like a great signing . Ultimately disappointing

Just now, john thomas said:

Taouil seemed like a great signing . Ultimately disappointing

He told me to sit down because I was blocking his view v Tottenham at home in the main stand. 

BackOfTheNet
50 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As it should be. I guess the point I was making to that poster and some others is that in previous windows when the there has been no transfer chat the thread simply slips down the pages until there is, but these random names plucked from thin air were adding pages and it all seemed a tad odd to me.

Still hoping for a completely out of nowhere signing and the ITK crowd to come on and say ‘was sworn to secrecy on this one but knew three weeks ago’. 😉

16 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Did they not have the play offs then? 

In only one of those years - but even in the other year, losing in the play off is nothing to do with the 'stuffy Championship'

17 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

They got beat by Falkirk in the playoffs in their second season. If that happened to us this place would be in a meltdown.

You think? Some on here were happy to keep Neilson after Brora. Oh, for the dignity of losing to Falkirk.

17 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Neilson supporter?? Nah mate I’m a hearts supporter, but the guy in charge gets my support as a fan, at the start of a new season. Sympathy for Hibs situation is what’s hilarious, making excuses for why they couldn’t get out. Any premiership team taking 3 attempts to get out that league is an utter embarrassment 

Aye, ok, if you say so. 'Sympathy' - FFS. 

The state of some folk on here.

12 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Hmmmm

Screenshot_20210519-093651_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maybe the thought of playing with Ross Callachan next season 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Hmmmm

Man, i hate footballer's twitter accounts when they do this teaser nonsense :whoops:

20 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Mehdi was a very good player indeed.  Remember how great he was against Liverpool.  One of these guys kind of needed to play at a higher level with players around him in a way, but wasn't consistent enough to achieve that.  Good lad too.  I lived in Morocco when he was with us, so was nice to have that connection!!  Though where I lived Zerouali was the hometown boy, so they all knew him and Aberdeen!

Sutton SHOULD have been an amazing signing.  Jim and Billy were over the moon when he signed and literally first day of training wondered if Motherwell had sent us the wrong player!!!  Such a strange one - just didn't have the mentality of his brother - we were too big a club for him.  He crumbled.

I remember people being really underwhelmed we'd signed Grainger, but he turned out to be brilliant for us.  Very well scouted.  Kind of the opposite of Sutton.  Came with no expectation but totally had the drive to make the most of his time at a big club.  These guys totally exist in Scottish football - it's about picking them out.  Had this debate on here yesterday re Callachan (don't want him back!!) - if you have quality in your team, you can surround it with solidity and reliability.  Look at most of our best teams, we totally had that.  Robbie played in the same team as Rudi, Hartley and Jankauskas for example.  Need to get back to that setup.  We need more guys we just know won't let us down.  Having big Pete fit is a great start.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Mehdi was a very good player indeed.  Remember how great he was against Liverpool.  One of these guys kind of needed to play at a higher level with players around him in a way, but wasn't consistent enough to achieve that.  Good lad too.  I lived in Morocco when he was with us, so was nice to have that connection!!  Though where I lived Zerouali was the hometown boy, so they all knew him and Aberdeen!

Sutton SHOULD have been an amazing signing.  Jim and Billy were over the moon when he signed and literally first day of training wondered if Motherwell had sent us the wrong player!!!  Such a strange one - just didn't have the mentality of his brother - we were too big a club for him.  He crumbled.

I remember people being really underwhelmed we'd signed Grainger, but he turned out to be brilliant for us.  Very well scouted.  Kind of the opposite of Sutton.  Came with no expectation but totally had the drive to make the most of his time at a big club.  These guys totally exist in Scottish football - it's about picking them out.  Had this debate on here yesterday re Callachan (don't want him back!!) - if you have quality in your team, you can surround it with solidity and reliability.  Look at most of our best teams, we totally had that.  Robbie played in the same team as Rudi, Hartley and Jankauskas for example.  Need to get back to that setup.  We need more guys we just know won't let us down.  Having big Pete fit is a great start.

Must of made a good wage from us and a nice 6 month holiday ( loan ) to Australia too.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Aye, ok, if you say so. 'Sympathy' - FFS. 

The state of some folk on here.

😂😂 what’s the issue big man? 
you showed sympathy to our rival team when in the championship. Why?

john thomas
36 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He told me to sit down because I was blocking his view v Tottenham at home in the main stand. 

Ah well fekk him then . Midget

BackOfTheNet
30 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Hmmmm

That’s more like it! Now let’s have some obscure Instagram posts showing pictures of train timetables of car sat navs... (I imagine the flight path watcher is a no go this window)

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Hmmmm

Not to be a killjoy, but I think that is just a religious tweet he sometimes puts out.

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Ah well fekk him then . Midget

Haha it was him and Suso in the box . 

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

JJ made a big mistake not in the fact he signed Sutton but in the way he played him.  If he had watched how he scored goals for Motherwell it was by being in the box on the end of crosses not with his back to goal trying to be a target man.

The lesson here should be that you sign players that are best suited to the style of play and the way you set out your team. Do not expect every player to be able to adjust to an unfamiliar style of play to them as was the case with Sutton in my opinion of course.

That can be vindicated by the fact he went on to score goals again when he went back to Motherwell

Under the floodlight
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very good. I'll Jack it in then. 😀

Evening all!

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Did we not have him on trial a couple of years ago? I may be getting confused with someone else

We did and never offered him a deal.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not to be a killjoy, but I think that is just a religious tweet he sometimes puts out.

Makes a change from me being accused as the killjoy 👍

Batistuta87

Would be absolutely superb if we signed someone good today and they were pictured holding up a jersey with their name and number 51 on the back. 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

JJ made a big mistake not in the fact he signed Sutton but in the way he played him.  If he had watched how he scored goals for Motherwell it was by being in the box on the end of crosses not with his back to goal trying to be a target man.

The lesson here should be that you sign players that are best suited to the style of play and the way you set out your team. Do not expect every player to be able to adjust to an unfamiliar style of play to them as was the case with Sutton in my opinion of course.

That can be vindicated by the fact he went on to score goals again when he went back to Motherwell

Yup, JJ wanted a Kevin Kyle replacement. Got in Sutton but as you say Sutton plays very differently to Kyle so we did not play to his strengths. 

Also agree that you should sign players to suit your style. Too many clubs sign a player from a smaller team who is on great form without realising why they are doing well and just expect them to be amazing in a completely different style.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't wholly disagree, but he just lost any aggression he had when he came to us - he became a mouse.  He wasn't even attacking crosses, wasn't pushing to get past defenders.  Yes he did score like that at Motherwell, but he also linked play pretty well, whereas at Hearts he just ceded possession time and again by being weak.  Horrorshow all round.  End of day, JJ signed him and he was pish, so it's Jim's fault for whatever reason!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***