***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

SidewaysFitba
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And you think RN is the man to get us there. Too 4 and a cup final, that’s what you expect next season?

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I see no reason why he can't take Hearts to a top 4.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

6 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

You have your people confused, sir.   My target for Hearts is a top 4 finish and a cup final.   Anything less would always be regarded as a fail by me.👍

so getting knocked out the cup by brora means last season was a failure?

SidewaysFitba

Savage brought Lukas Nmecha on loan to PNE from Man City.   
After that, he went on loan to Anderlecht, scoring 16 times in 35 games.  

Now, if Savage could find a player like that to bring on loan to Hearts, then its game on.👍

SidewaysFitba
Just now, milky_26 said:

so getting knocked out the cup by brora means last season was a failure?

For me, that result was a sacking offence.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Leaving aside Rangers and Celtic, I don't think any of the PL sides would have won that league by any more points than we did tbh.   Some of them may not have won it at all.

Ranger's, Hibs and utd couldnae even win it first  time round when they were last in it either. 

That's 2/3 of the top teams this season! 

We should be gunning for the league next year. 

😜

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’ve signed shite from livi already, folk want KL and Hamilton from Hamilton also. 
Lets hope we can get the quality we need. 

Rossi would be a good signing. 

3 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I see no reason why he can't take Hearts to a top 4.

If you think he’ll get us top 4, nobody can tell you that you’re wrong. I hope you’re right. 

SidewaysFitba

The Hearts board were never going to fire Neilson on the back end of one cup result, even if we would have.   
Neilson would only have been fired if promotion looked under serious threat, and it never did.   
Clubs simply do not tend to fire managers who earn a promotion, regardless of what league they've come up from.   
So, as much as Neilson wouldn't be my guy to take Hearts forward, its counter productive to drag negative vibes into a brand new season.   
Like many, I've not been to a game in over a year now.  I will be thrilled to get back.  
Even if Neilson isn't our favoured choice, its in our interests that he does well.   
You don't want new players arriving in a toxic atmos.

SidewaysFitba
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If you think he’ll get us top 4, nobody can tell you that you’re wrong. I hope you’re right. 

Its not La Liga, recruit well, get off to a good start, and 4th is plausible.   Aye, Hearts could have changed manager, but here's the thing, there are no obvious candidates that would unite the support.   Can you think of any?

4 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Its not La Liga, recruit well, get off to a good start, and 4th is plausible.   Aye, Hearts could have changed manager, but here's the thing, there are no obvious candidates that would unite the support.   Can you think of any?

I realise it’s not La Liga. You just dodged the very question you’ve just asked me, a few posts back. You said he wouldn’t have been your choice and now you’re saying there are no obvious candidates. Do you want him as hearts managers or not?

Edited by GinRummy

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Massive wishful thinking but I’d love Wilfred Bony 😂 free agent but wages would be issue

😂😂😂😂😂 I love how ambitious that is.

Edited by Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Bottom 6. Probably 7th or 8th. 

Could be. 

I'm going for 4th tho. 

Bill Bones
21 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

The Hearts board were never going to fire Neilson on the back end of one cup result, even if we would have.   
Neilson would only have been fired if promotion looked under serious threat, and it never did.   
Clubs simply do not tend to fire managers who earn a promotion, regardless of what league they've come up from.   
So, as much as Neilson wouldn't be my guy to take Hearts forward, its counter productive to drag negative vibes into a brand new season.   
Like many, I've not been to a game in over a year now.  I will be thrilled to get back.  
Even if Neilson isn't our favoured choice, its in our interests that he does well.   
You don't want new players arriving in a toxic atmos.

two cup exits to part time teams, not just one 

SidewaysFitba
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I realise it’s not La Liga. You just dodged the very question you’ve just asked me, a few posts back. You said he wouldn’t have been your choice and now you’re saying there are no obvious candidates. Do you want him as hearts managers or not?

No, but since the board aren't going to replace him, I want fans to park all the negative vibes going into a new season.

SidewaysFitba

The profile for any new arrivals should be something like this;
Good bill of health injury wise
Ideally 26 or under
Hungry to win things and improve
Athletic and fit
Potential sell on value.

gorgieheart

so, any transfer news, or just more RN bashing on another thread...again !

This place has some tiresome plukes attached !

Anyway, Ginnelly back ?  Callachan ?  Surely not !

Edited by gorgieheart
Spelling

SidewaysFitba

FWIW, Hearts could have fired Neilson, but there's a big % of fans in a demoralised head space now, and they'd be negative toward almost any plausible name suggested as a replacement.    
My own choice would've been Alex Neil or Billy Reid, but rest assured, both names would have been shot down if suggested on here(maybe there were).   
People would rubbish them before they were even in the job.  
Derek McInnes would've been another 'obvious' choice, but fans would react as negatively to him as Neilson.    
So, I'm just not sure who this Messiah is that fans think will pull everyone together.🤷‍♂️

HartleyLegend3
1 hour ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I don't think Hearts will be anywhere near the relegation zone.

I agree with you. But that's not because I have faith in Neilson. Its my belief that Scottish football is so horrendously bad, we will finish in the top 6.  

SidewaysFitba
7 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

so, any transfer news, or just more RN bashing on another thread...again !

This place has some tiresome plukes attached !

Anyway, Ginnelly back ?  Callachan ?  Surely not !

Talks ongoing.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/josh-ginnelly-stays-at-hearts-to-continue-injury-rehab-and-signing-talks-3239437

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I agree with you. But that's not because I have faith in Neilson. Its my belief that Scottish football is so horrendously bad, we will finish in the top 6.  

That's where I'm at.  👍

18 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

No, but since the board aren't going to replace him, I want fans to park all the negative vibes going into a new season.

So you want fans to pretend they’re happy on the internet? That’ll somehow help the side next season. 

SidewaysFitba

This kid spent last season on loan at Preston from Everton.  He made his debut for the England U20s during a 2–0 victory over Wales.  He is also eligible for the ROI and Scotland due to having both Irish and Scottish grandparents.   Attacking mid and only 20.

SidewaysFitba
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So you want fans to pretend they’re happy on the internet? That’ll somehow help the side next season. 

Naturally, its your right to be miserable bro.👍

Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

Naturally, its your right to be miserable bro.👍

I’m not miserable but by the same token I can’t just change my opinion to one that makes me happier for the sake of it. 

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

This kid spent last season on loan at Preston from Everton.  He made his debut for the England U20s during a 2–0 victory over Wales.  He is also eligible for the ROI and Scotland due to having both Irish and Scottish grandparents.   Attacking mid and only 20.

Mate,Chillax.

Big Joe is on the case.:greggy:

Sit down,watch some telly for a bit,read a book.

We'll get news soon.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Wilfried Bony and Alan Halilovic... This place has lost the plot

all in jest, this is, as confirmed several times, who we would like

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not denying we don’t have an excuse to be angry, but what do you think it will do for the players confidence, if fans are allowed in stadiums and from the first kick of the ball, just hear and feel negativity from the stands? 
be angry all you want, but funnily enough Budge won’t suddenly shake things up because you and others on here are unhappy. I believe every manager deserves a fresh start. It is a stuffy league the championship, hence why Hibs took 3 attempts, under strange circumstances (no fans, reduced season, bad pitches etc) so in hindsight, our goal to get out the league was met by a margin.

Im giving Nielson my full backing over the summer, to get things right transfer wise, and get this team chemistry brewing. That’s all from some who wanted him out after the Brora game,

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Spotted him a while ago and I see he was a Joe Savage recruit. Would be great if he has some contacts at Everton for loans as they have a couple of young lads coming through who look the business. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

all in jest, this is, as confirmed several times, who we would like

I’m not denying we don’t have an excuse to be angry, but what do you think it will do for the players confidence, if fans are allowed in stadiums and from the first kick of the ball, just hear and feel negativity from the stands? 
be angry all you want, but funnily enough Budge won’t suddenly shake things up because you and others on here are unhappy. I believe every manager deserves a fresh start. It is a stuffy league the championship, hence why Hibs took 3 attempts, under strange circumstances (no fans, reduced season, bad pitches etc) so in hindsight, our goal to get out the league was met by a margin.

Im giving Nielson my full backing over the summer, to get things right transfer wise, and get this team chemistry brewing. That’s all from some who wanted him out after the Brora game,

Fwiw when I’m in the ground I’ll cheer the team on as I almost always do. If we’re getting beat at home from a poor side the fans will quickly turn. That’s the reality. However, there are no games on and plenty to be sceptical about. Asking folk not to be negative on jkb is a bit daft.  There’s always going to be positive and negative opinions unless the side is doing particularly well. 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fwiw when I’m in the ground I’ll cheer the team on as I almost always do. If we’re getting beat at home from a poor side the fans will quickly turn. That’s the reality. However, there are no games on and plenty to be sceptical about. Asking folk not to be negative on jkb is a bit daft.  There’s always going to be positive and negative opinions unless the side is doing particularly well. 

Completely agree, I’d be the same. The season we were relegated I made my opinions very clear from the stands 😂 I just always come into the season quietly hopeful and motivated ahead. What I don’t like is, I feel like we have had worse runs than this, Cathro for example, end of levein s tenure.  This season, on paper, and per our goals has been a success (let’s not mention the cups...) but I feel like the negativity is reaching those levels though with some.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Completely agree, I’d be the same. The season we were relegated I made my opinions very clear from the stands 😂 I just always come into the season quietly hopeful and motivated ahead. What I don’t like is, I feel like we have had worse runs than this, Cathro for example, end of levein s tenure.  This season, on paper, and per our goals has been a success (let’s not mention the cups...) but I feel like the negativity is reaching those levels though with some.

I think it’s been poor for so long that you either think Neilson is a continuation of five poor years or someone who is going to get us back where we belong (or help to do so). Cathro was a bit different because he was (sort of) the beginning of our decline. People were, in the main, still tolerant and forgiving of the board. To quote a cliche, results change everything. With no football for a while it’s unlikely many will change their tune. A few tasty signings though...

SidewaysFitba
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Spotted him a while ago and I see he was a Joe Savage recruit. Would be great if he has some contacts at Everton for loans as they have a couple of young lads coming through who look the business. 

We signed Lee from Luton.   Well, this fella is out of contract.   Seems rated and a great name!  Only 27, and has been described as a "powerful" box-to-box midfielder with "endless energy".

26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It is a stuffy league the championship, hence why Hibs took 3 attempts

It's hilarious when Neilson's supporters try to pull this one, ignoring the fact that the real reason they took 3 goes is because Hearts and Rangers were in the league for the first two of those years.

SidewaysFitba

There's no rush to get the Ginnelly deal over the line.   
Preston don't want him and he has no other offers.   
Hearts will rightly wish to cover themselves with any offer they make him.   At least I hope so, because we've been stung too many times by players that come here and are never fit to play.   
And this is a guy who just hasn't played much football in his career.  
I'd offer a 12-18month deal, then review things.👍

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it’s been poor for so long that you either think Neilson is a continuation of five poor years or someone who is going to get us back where we belong (or help to do so). Cathro was a bit different because he was (sort of) the beginning of our decline. People were, in the main, still tolerant and forgiving of the board. To quote a cliche, results change everything. With no football for a while it’s unlikely many will change their tune. A few tasty signings though...

I get where you're coming from.... for me it's that run of poor performances which culminated in the Brora and QoS results where the majority of us wanted RN gone but there was nothing from the board - dejavu if you like - eerily similar to the CL situation. It, again, felt like no matter how bad things were getting, nothing would change. To my knowledge we've still not heard from the board about those games. Yes, we got better (possibly due to a discussion with JS - as I learned earlier), we've won the league - so, for the time being, RN is still our manager. But it's the 'once-bitten-twice-shy' effect that, I think, has us wound up most. The feeling of sleep walking down the same path as before. Not taking action until it's too late.

I think/hope the board realise they have to get the next couple of signings bang on.... they're going to be crucial. They need our ST money, and the team need us on board right from the first whistle next season. I certainly hope we score first in our first home game - if we don't, RN and the team won't get a chance. RN is here for the start of next season, and the team will get my full support... I seriously hope it doesn't go downhill quick, and that the booing doesn't start the first half of the first game.

Bluesy1874
49 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Hes made a couple of cup appearances for Everton if I remember. Was pacey and very direct. Lacked a bit of composure in front of goal though. 

Looked quite exciting overall. 

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I disagree completely regarding cathro. When nielson left, we were 2nd in the league, on the back of having beaten rangers. I don’t care what factors people like to believe as to what the reasons were - we were sitting second top half way through the season. That’s some feat for “boring negative football”.  We were as good as we were going to be. Once he left,  we declined under Cathro and Levein, and that wasn’t because we were already heading that way (I agree some of the football was boring, but we were still beating teams by some margin too), that was because they weren’t very good. Cathro s flops played a lot in that, as well as Leveins. 

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

It's hilarious when Neilson's supporters try to pull this one, ignoring the fact that the real reason they took 3 goes is because Hearts and Rangers were in the league for the first two of those years.

Neilson supporter?? Nah mate I’m a hearts supporter, but the guy in charge gets my support as a fan, at the start of a new season. Sympathy for Hibs situation is what’s hilarious, making excuses for why they couldn’t get out. Any premiership team taking 3 attempts to get out that league is an utter embarrassment 

1 hour ago, SidewaysFitba said:

The profile for any new arrivals should be something like this;
Good bill of health injury wise
Ideally 26 or under
Hungry to win things and improve
Athletic and fit
Potential sell on value.

Can I add "guid at fitba"

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Can I add "guid at fitba"

A real shame that this appears to no longer be a given 😭

gorgieheart
10 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Hes made a couple of cup appearances for Everton if I remember. Was pacey and very direct. Lacked a bit of composure in front of goal though. 

Looked quite exciting overall. 

look look, something thats not RN bashing, but actual transfer chat....   hurray !

25 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

There's no rush to get the Ginnelly deal over the line.   
Preston don't want him and he has no other offers.   
Hearts will rightly wish to cover themselves with any offer they make him.   At least I hope so, because we've been stung too many times by players that come here and are never fit to play.   
And this is a guy who just hasn't played much football in his career.  
I'd offer a 12-18month deal, then review things.👍

Thank god Ross Callachan is 27 then 

Fantastic how some names are berated because they are supposedly too ambitious and yet in the next breath there is a clamour for a marquee signing,

Mr Brightside
44 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

They got beat by Falkirk in the playoffs in their second season. If that happened to us this place would be in a meltdown.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Fantastic how some names are berated because they are supposedly too ambitious and yet in the next breath there is a clamour for a marquee signing,

:gok:

It's mental Al.

We have a whole summer of this :Shoosh:

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

They got beat by Falkirk in the playoffs in their second season. If that happened to us this place would be in a meltdown.

Not if we won the cup the next again week it wouldn't.

55 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

just because it's not been mentioned for a short while............'Jimmy Dunne'

:)

Apparently leaving Burnley in the summer :wow:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Absurd when Neilson pissed all over them in the Championship. 

As other people have said its about being a Hearts supporter, not about hateful behaviour towards one person 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***