***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Are loans typical early in the window? 

You'd think Gerrard would want a look at him in pre season. If not he's clearly not fancied and should be told he's free to leave.

think they will be looking at a different level tbh and with the cash flowing in for them next season they will be able to pay for it now

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Would rather have Kai Kennedy tbh.

Still pretty young I think. I reckon he’ll turn into a really good player. 

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

There was one game years ago that Turnbull and Hastie played really well against us. Looked pretty good back then but that was a while ago.

My really shit ITK mate has told me a few times that it's Liam Polworth that we want from Motherwell.

Probably wrong though. His track record is not great.

We have been interested in polworth this year. Last i heard was march time, no idea if it was acted on or not. 

24 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s Hastie.

Agent exclusively reveals after stalking Notts.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Decent player Jake Hastie tbf

Dunno, he always looks rushed to me. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Any idea how Hastie done on loan at Motherwell last season?

zero goals in 17 games across all competitions (665 mins played)

edit according to transfermarkt he has scored 18 goals in 116 games. is that good enough for a striker? or does he play in another position? i could be remembering him wrongly as i thought he was a striker

Edited by milky_26

Mr Brightside
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I don’t think he was particularly impressive this season. He really has only had a good half season a couple of years ago. Although he did look really good in that period.

This isn’t a play on words. Is Hastie fast, as in pacey? I know I should remember him but can’t really. 

Edited by GinRummy

Vlad the impaler

Depending on what the deal is and it’s permanent I think it’s a decent signing. When he first came on the scene at Motherwell he was scoring every other week. Got his big move but never got a chance and I reckon like most wingers he’s not recovered his confidence. Young,speedy strong and a Scottish talent. What’s not to like👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Shite.  Used as sub. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno, he always looks rushed to me. 

That was Jenny. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Carrying a bit of timber there, reckon thats holding him back? Stevie Fulton recovered

Boycie was a bit like that in his younger days tbf. 

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

zero goals in 17 games across all competitions (665 mins played)

edit according to transfermarkt he has scored 18 goals in 116 games. is that good enough for a striker? or does he play in another position? i could be remembering him wrongly as i thought he was a striker

Yeah he is a winger. Can play on either side

16 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I don’t think he was particularly impressive this season. He really has only had a good half season a couple of years ago. Although he did look really good in that period.

Sounds like our kinda signing mind

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That was Jenny. 

Aye, but she had the power of love 

Bob Loblaw

Seen a few folk on twitter hinting that whatever is in the pipeline is "very good news". I'm not sure Jake Hastie comes under that category tbh.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Hmm, maybe just a one season wonder then? Not overly excited tbh.

He’s only just turned 22 ffs 🤣

I'm going to guess it's not Hastie, because signing a Motherwell benchwarmer who had a handful of good games years ago 100% does not qualify as "good news". It's average news at best.

As far as I can tell, that rumour comes from someone replying to the original tweet asking if it's an ex-Motherwell player and then a pretend ITK account putting 2+2 together and coming up with Hastie.

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Watford isn’t it? They reportedly bid for him. 

I think the agenda will be motivated by a move to his family home. 

SuperstarSteve
6 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Don’t be surprised if in the next few days we hear the name Scott Robinson being linked with Hearts. 

Signed pre-contract with Motherwell. Seems that was why Martindale done an interview saying he won’t be playing for the club again and missed the final. 
time will tell though. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like Ferguson to an extent but I’m really surprised if Rangers are interested. I’d have thought they’d be aiming a bit higher. 

If it doesn’t work they will sell him on down South.  I think he’s a better player than Jack and I reckon Kamara will be gone after the Euros( the guy oozes class even for Finland agains the likes of France). 

2 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

I wouldn't want to play in the same team as Scott Brown either tbf.

Imagine that was the reason 🤣

mellors1874
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Shayne Lavery is a striker I've heard we are intrested in

Sure I mentioned him on the thread as someone worth looking at.

Arthur Morgan
19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He’s only just turned 22 ffs 🤣

True, but it doesn't seem like he's done much on his loans to Rotherham and Motherwell. He had a good half season for Motherwell 2 years ago, you get some players that have a purple patch and then fade away, it happens all the time.

BelgeJambo
20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If it doesn’t work they will sell him on down South.  I think he’s a better player than Jack and I reckon Kamara will be gone after the Euros( the guy oozes class even for Finland agains the likes of France). 

I heard Jack’s career at Ibrox could be over due to his constant injuries 

Nookie Bear

Aberdeen having a shocker so far. Signing a bunch of pensioners and top players requesting transfers 👍🏻

And I reckon signing Brown is their Aaron Hughes moment. 

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

I heard Jack’s career at Ibrox could be over due to his constant injuries 

I don’t rate jack tbh. They haven’t missed him when out. Ferguson would be an upgrade and wanting out from the sheep dads army

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

True, but it doesn't seem like he's done much on his loans to Rotherham and Motherwell. He had a good half season for Motherwell 2 years ago, you get some players that have a purple patch and then fade away, it happens all the time.

You also get decent players that move to the OF and it doesn't work out but then find form after 

Happens all the time. 

Jc, big Dave and Pressley spring to mind for us. 

Stewart, Hastie and Jones at rangers atm. 

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Agent exclusively reveals after stalking Notts.

Think you will find Notts didn’t mention a name.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You also get decent players that move to the OF and it doesn't work out but then find form after 

Happens all the time. 

Jc, big Dave and Pressley spring to mind for us. 

Stewart, Hastie and Jones at rangers atm. 

They don’t get it right every time they release players either. Same as any club. When Celtic let Mahe go he was the best full back in the league the season he played with us. 

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aberdeen having a shocker so far. Signing a bunch of pensioners and top players requesting transfers 👍🏻

100%

Said this the other night,their signings are honking. 

Edited by Leveins Battalion

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t mean this in any other way than how it reads. I will be very interested to see what brown gets away with while with Aberdeen. If he gets standard non OF treatment he’ll be sent off every 4 or 5 games. 

Edited by GinRummy

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They don’t get it right every time they release players either. Same as any club. When Celtic let Mahe go he was the best full back in the league the season he played with us. 

John Colquhoun is the classic example of a player not deemed good enough - a winger as well.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

John Colquhoun is the classic example of a player not deemed good enough - a winger as well.  

Definitely. He was mentioned in the post I replied to. Love JC. 

So we are now in the mad season. Neilson says we’re looking at the English leagues for Quality not Quantity and today the rumours are Callachan, Hamilton and Hastie, Rangers. This better be wrong or they can forget about getting the Hearts support pouring their hard earned cash into Hearts while it’s being wasted on Neilson & Budge’s mismanagement. Our fans are fed up being taken for mugs because these people take the money and give us the deaf treatment. FOH need to be able to say NO this or that shouldn’t happen because far to much money has been chucked down the drain. 

SidewaysFitba
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Still pretty young I think. I reckon he’ll turn into a really good player. 

Hastie?  I don't see enough of Motherwell or Rotherham to say tbh.  The boy could walk by me in the street, I'd have no idea who he was.🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And maybe Hickey as well. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

So we are now in the mad season. Neilson says we’re looking at the English leagues for Quality not Quantity and today the rumours are Callachan, Hamilton and Hastie, Rangers. This better be wrong or they can forget about getting the Hearts support pouring their hard earned cash into Hearts while it’s being wasted on Neilson & Budge’s mismanagement. Our fans are fed up being taken for mugs because these people take the money and give us the deaf treatment. FOH need to be able to say NO this or that shouldn’t happen because far to much money has been chucked down the drain. 

Emphasis on the word ‘rumours’. 😄

Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

Hastie?  I don't see enough of Motherwell or Rotherham to say tbh.  The boy could walk by me in the street, I'd have no idea who he was.🤷‍♂️

No. Was talking about Kai Kennedy. Apologies, I wasn’t very clear.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***