***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 hours ago, SidewaysFitba said:

If Hearts could read the room they'd realise that our first signing has to make a statement, make people sit up and take notice.   
There are ST's to sell at some point, and Hearts fans seem generally miserable.   
Fans aren't buying into Neilson or the board, so the signings become all the more vital.    
You want your first arrival to be one that makes fans want to renew their ST.   Not a jobber who we launched ages ago.😒

Is our first arrival not a dreadful goalkeeper who was 3rd choice at Livingston?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

SidewaysFitba
8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Is our first arrival not a dreadful goalkeeper who was 3rd choice at Livingston?

Not a new face.

I’m not saying that Callachan is a player we should be trying to sign. But I will say that our team has been crying out for that *type* of player since, well, since we brought Ryan Edwards in from the cold, he scored in the Cup Final, and then we released him.

Every successful team needs a grafter or two. They don’t need to be the best footballers around, but they need lots of energy, bags of commitment and a willingness to fight for everything. Tell me that isn’t what we’ve been lacking for the last two seasons.

Ideally we’d sign someone who has all that and talent as well. But these players are like gold dust.

3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m not saying that Callachan is a player we should be trying to sign. But I will say that our team has been crying out for that *type* of player since, well, since we brought Ryan Edwards in from the cold, he scored in the Cup Final, and then we released him.

Every successful team needs a grafter or two. They don’t need to be the best footballers around, but they need lots of energy, bags of commitment and a willingness to fight for everything. Tell me that isn’t what we’ve been lacking for the last two seasons.

Ideally we’d sign someone who has all that and talent as well. But these players are like gold dust.

Good post. 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

A whole summer of Jambo Al?  Thank god I’m going on a holiday in the highlands for 4 weeks :lol: 

I hope you enjoy it so much that you remain there

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Jon Flanagan is also out of contract since people were talking about a RB.   He was at  Charleroi this season.  28yrs old.

Luke O'Nien at Sunderland would be a fantastic signing for us. Absolute work horse, great attitude, and actually a no bad player as well.

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It of course wasn't a pub league when there was us hibs and huns in the league.  Well done the club 5 years ago.

This season the leagues full of shite and we lost our two cup games to Alloa and Broara.

It's not been a successful season.  The bear minimum has been done.  It would be the equivalent next year of finishing 6th and losing in the cup to the above teams.   You always compare your achievements to your rivals too and it doesn't help the other side of the city have finished 3rd in the top league and are in the Cup Final on Saturday.

I always had a sneaky feeling you were a bluenose from your username but the underlined word dispels some of my doubts.

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Can’t disagree with that mate 👍

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Fair. 

Also if If you have a spine of 

Gordon 

Souttar 

Haring 

Gms

Boyce 

There is space for a grafter or 2 as well as more quality to bring balance to the overall team. 

Callachan imo just falls short on his all round game being good enough to be propped up by his goal scoring ability . 

Real shame tbh. 

Can't put it any better than a poor man's John Millar and a really poor man's Colin Cameron. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

List of possible targets after skimming around online. 

Just a few that I think may be the style we go after.

And people who have some vague link to the manager or Savage, ie someone you'd imagine they are aware of

Sulley KaiKai (LM, 25) Blackpool

Chuks Aneke (ST, 27) Charlton

Lee Evans (CM, 26) Wigan

Matthew Olosunde (RB, 23) Rotherham

Tom MacIntyre (CB, 22) Reading

Dominic Hyam (CB, 25) Coventry

Joe Rankin-Costello (RB, 21) Blackburn

Pelly Ruddock-Mpanzu (CM, 27) Luton

Josh Harrop (CAM, 25) Preston

Aneke played under Robbie at MKD

So, its a no from Chuks then

Batistuta87
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Aneke played under Robbie at MKD

So, its a no from Chuks then

He looks like someone who would be quality for ua. Been talking about him since about January when he dropped into the "expiring contracts" category. 

Sheff Wed have an interest supposedly. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aberdeens signings are absolutely honking 😂😂

Aye. They've basically swapped Bruce Anderson for Jay Emmanuel Thomas. 

image.jpeg.a9c368bfebf54fc6ece32387c7475568.jpeg

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He looks like someone who would be quality for ua. Been talking about him since about January when he dropped into the "expiring contracts" category. 

Sheff Wed have an interest supposedly. 

He was up at Riccarton 3 years ago,chose MK Don's cos they offered more Wonga.

Airdrie currently live on Alba. Kyle Turner best on the park by a country mile. Just saying.

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He was up at Riccarton 3 years ago,chose MK Don's cos they offered more Wonga.

Really? Didn't know that. Looks like the kind of player who would be a total menace up here. Kinda like Uche but with more of an eye for goal. 

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Airdrie currently live on Alba. Kyle Turner best on the park by a country mile. Just saying.

He was the same against us. I'm telling you, he's worth a punt. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We need better rumours or this coming season will be a disaster. 🤷‍♂️

Thomas Dixon Peters 

no idea if any good in real life but just got him in football manager and he’s class 

18 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aberdeens signings are absolutely honking 😂😂

Really think they will struggle this coming season 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really? Didn't know that. Looks like the kind of player who would be a total menace up here. Kinda like Uche but with more of an eye for goal. 

He was up the same time Jordan Robert's bumped us for Ipswich.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be a bit disappointed if we resign ex players who weren't very good, the best thing about a new signing is finding out they are pish over time. 

If we already know they're jobbies then half he fun is taken away. 

Then why did we bring Neilson back..? 

Just saw Jackson Irvine sitting outside a cafe at Portobello Beach never asked him if he fancied a move across the city however 

Free agent and being reported in the media that we are interested in bringing him back. 😳

Free agent. In the media Hearts want to bring him back. 😳

Agentjambo
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Free agent and being reported in the media that we are interested in bringing him back. 😳

Who??

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Who??

Sorry Ross Callahan

Arthur Morgan

Let's not go back the way and sign a below average player in Callachan. He's found his level at Hamilton, we should be aspiring to be higher than that. He's been here before, and not cut it so why sign him again?

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Him and Odoffin have played very well in an extremely pish team this year.

They'd have been relegated long before they were without both of them - sign them both!

HamishMcGonagall

Not watched any SPFL football this season but I see he scored 9 goals and had 3 assists in a Hamilton team that only scored 34 goals. That's not bad going for a midfielder.

Obviously we should be aiming a lot higher based on how he performed when he was here previously though. Think he'll end up at Livingston or Kilmarnock (if they stay up).

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Aberdeen confirm the jet decent signing 

That is a bizarre signing. 30 year old and Bruce Anderson going the other way. Decent deal for Livvy potentially as Anderson looked promising initially and is still young. Aberdeen going backwards. Really hope they continue their slide, if only to prove they were only so consistently high up in the league under McInnes because most of their usual rivals were in disarray.

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Then why did we bring Neilson back..? 

In 2.5 seasons, a record Championship title win, 3rd first season back, then heading for 2nd/3rd the next season? 🤷‍♂️

SidewaysFitba
1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

Really think they will struggle this coming season 

Glass with be their Cathro.

20 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Let's not go back the way and sign a below average player in Callachan. He's found his level at Hamilton, we should be aspiring to be higher than that. He's been here before, and not cut it so why sign him again?

Not aimed at you, but I ****ing hate that excuse for not signing someone. Its so incredibly lazy. We went back the way with Robbo, Rudi, Stevenson, Webster & Gordon and it was fine. Callachan has just had an absolutely incredibly good season on a personal level, scoring 10 goals in 30 odd appearances. The laddies confidence will be through the roof and he's spent the last few years since we let him go building experience at this level. Its not like last time where he was making a huge step up. 

I'm struggling to think of why we wouldn't want him. Thats a good return and he adds energy and movement as well as a genuine goal threat. 

21 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Him and Odoffin have played very well in an extremely pish team this year.

They'd have been relegated long before they were without both of them - sign them both!

surprised to hear that about Odoffin, I remember watching him play for Livi thinking he was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd love to see Paterson and Nicholson brought home too. 

Pie in the sky stuff, but if we could get those two, plus Campbell & Dunne I think that might well go down as a flawless window :D 

Sam Nicholson. The same Sam Nicholson who played for relegated Bristol Rovers. 

The only way he should be at Tynecastle is if he buys a ticket for a game. 

He's finished, washed up, and gone. 

Arthur Morgan
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not aimed at you, but I ****ing hate that excuse for not signing someone. Its so incredibly lazy. We went back the way with Robbo, Rudi, Stevenson, Webster & Gordon and it was fine. Callachan has just had an absolutely incredibly good season on a personal level, scoring 10 goals in 30 odd appearances. The laddies confidence will be through the roof and he's spent the last few years since we let him go building experience at this level. Its not like last time where he was making a huge step up. 

I'm struggling to think of why we wouldn't want him. Thats a good return and he adds energy and movement as well as a genuine goal threat. 

There's less pressure to perform well at a club like Hamilton, completely different prospect and expectations playing for Hearts. I personally don't rate him based on his time with us a few seasons ago. Bang average player with little technical ability.

SidewaysFitba

Mind when we signed an ageing Beatie and he did a right good turn for us?   Well, would you take Gary Hooper for a season?👀

1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Mind when we signed an ageing Beatie and he did a right good turn for us?   Well, would you take Gary Hooper for a season?👀

he was 28 when we signed him

Nicholson has been one of the better players for Bristol Rovers this season my mate said he hopes he stays but he thinks another clubs will take him he’s to good for the league he was playing in

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

he was 28 when we signed him

That young aye?  He was an injury wreck tho, right?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***