***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t mind if we sign Hastie - young enough to regain his sparkle.

Not one to get the pulse racing and bring some “much needed good news” for the fans as that lad said on Twatter

Maybe there is more than one. How many pairs of eyes did Notts post?? 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

SidewaysFitba
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Good goals ratio at Linfield. 

Had a spell on loan at Falkirk.

47 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

There was one game years ago that Turnbull and Hastie played really well against us. Looked pretty good back then but that was a while ago.

My really shit ITK mate has told me a few times that it's Liam Polworth that we want from Motherwell.

Probably wrong though. His track record is not great.

That was the Colin Doyle game! 

Leveins Battalion

I'd be happy with Hastie,bags of Potential.

Not getting in this Rangers team is no big deal for me,they are so far ahead of the rest of us,and rightly so they are about £100 million in debt.:munny:

Rick Sanchez

I'd put Hastie in the Regan Hendry bracket tbh. Hasn't done enough to warrant being in the bracket of one of our quality signings needed.

Still...Irving, Roberts and Frear out with they two in would be good business IMO.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd put Hastie in the Regan Hendry bracket tbh. Hasn't done enough to warrant being in the bracket of one of our quality signings needed.

Still...Irving, Roberts and Frear out with they two in would be good business IMO.

Upgrade on Frear/Roberto, but reckon our first choice 3 up front is already cemented, Boyce, GMS, Gino. Back up Hendo, Gnado, Jakey

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Lavery did well here tbf;   

Carrying a bit of timber there, reckon thats holding him back? Stevie Fulton recovered

Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Good goals ratio at Linfield. 

Yes good chance. Robbie did say when we signed McEneff hes keen to dive in to the Irish market again 

Campbell, Cole, Hastie, Moult, O'Donnell, Long....no?

Ok, i'd say just think of any of the worst Motherwell players of recent years and it'll probably be one of them.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Think this the boy who when Gary Locke was being interviewed pre match on tv said about him   Dont let him cut inside and shoot and obviously Levein dint get the memo because he did just that and scored in the first 10 minutes 

Sometimes wingers will still cut  inside and shoot, even if the defender tried to stop it.

Quite common. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sometimes wingers will still cut  inside and shoot, even if the defender tried to stop it.

Quite common. 

Robben made a career out of it.

Would only sign Hastie on a McCrorie/Murphy type arrangement. He doesn't play against Sevco but is a Hearts player otherwise.   

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Berra than you said:

Robben made a career out of it.

Yip. 

If it was that simple to stop a goal attempt, no one would ever score. 

Big difference in knowing to put someone on to thier weaker foot and actually doing it. 

I was lucky. I was as competent with my left as I was with my right. 

Confused defenders and managers alike...my right was just as shite as my left! 

😉

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Would only sign Hastie on a McCrorie/Murphy type arrangement. He doesn't play against Sevco but is a Hearts player otherwise.   

Bit shite having a player that can't play against another team in the division imo. 

Don't like that set up. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit shite having a player that can't play against another team in the division imo. 

Don't like that set up. 

Me neither. The only reason I’d consider Hastie is that I’d imagine there’s a decent chance of keeping him after his loan ends. Miles down the pecking order at Rangers. 

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Nah, **** that, permanent deal, he becomes a Hearts player and he plays out his skin v Rangers to show them what they're missing. 

Ideally.... 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Me neither. The only reason I’d consider Hastie is that I’d imagine there’s a decent chance of keeping him after his loan ends. Miles down the pecking order at Rangers. 

Yeah, fair point. 

adambraejambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He prob will never play for Rangers again. he is 22 yrs old and maybe just wants to play football. If  money is not a major issue for him. Could see him agreeing a payout with Rangers and agree to join us permanently with Rangers getting 30% of any future sale. Win win for everyone. 

40 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Had a spell on loan at Falkirk.

he only played 37 mins over 6 games at falkirk

1 minute ago, adambraejambo said:

He prob will never play for Rangers again. he is 22 yrs old and maybe just wants to play football. If  money is not a major issue for him. Could see him agreeing a payout with Rangers and agree to join us permanently with Rangers getting 30% of any future sale. Win win for everyone. 

If we want him that would be by far the best way to do it. As I suggested to SRB, not keen on loan deals, especially when it stops him playing against a club in our own league. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

With the Bears heading for Champagne League, they will pay off some of these. Need to clear the decks

SidewaysFitba
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he only played 37 mins over 6 games at falkirk

Must have been injured or something. 🤷‍♂️

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He would be a great signing but sadly he signed for Hull City last season and has been one of their best players.

Wasn’t aware of that, thought he might have been on loan. Apparently we could have had him on loan but Stendel didn’t fancy him, was mentioned on the Terrace podcast a while back.

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When’s the announcement due??

You've been searching twitter all afternoon haven't you!!!! 

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You've been searching twitter all afternoon haven't you!!!! 

You stalking me 💋

Agentjambo
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Why on earth would I want to do that!! 

I didn’t know you cared....😍

10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Wasn’t aware of that, thought he might have been on loan. Apparently we could have had him on loan but Stendel didn’t fancy him, was mentioned on the Terrace podcast a while back.

Did Docherty not play for Hibs?

Gary Locke

I think if it’s a ex Motherwell it will be Liam polworth who isn’t a bad player and should do a job for us would love Allan Campbell and would take jake hastie too.

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

I think if it’s a ex Motherwell it will be Liam polworth who isn’t a bad player and should do a job for us would love Allan Campbell and would take jake hastie too.

I think the word "ex" is key. 

Technically Polworth and Campbell are current Motherwell players so won't be one of them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Gary Locke
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think the word "ex" is key. 

Technically Polworth and Campbell are current Motherwell players so won't be one of them. 

Suppose but season is finished so could call them ex Motherwell 😂

Am I ITK if I read something in the papers or on here or Twitter and then re-post it in here?

I was, very briefly ITK in the early 2010’s but never since.

Just in case

Its Stevie Kirk

36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah, **** that, permanent deal, he becomes a Hearts player and he plays out his skin v Rangers to show them what they're missing. 

Ideally.... 

Well, perm is better, but loan to perm acceptable. Just a loan they can can gtf.

Batistuta87
Just now, JackLadd said:

Well, perm is better, but loan to perm acceptable. Just a loan they can can gtf.

Yip 👍

Where’s all the photos of some random at Tyney so we can all try to work out who it is?

Edited by Jamhammer

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Am I ITK if I read something in the papers or on here or Twitter and then re-post it in here?

I was, very briefly ITK in the early 2010’s but never since.

Just in case

Its Stevie Kirk

No, it’s Rebekah Vardy

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, lou said:

If it's Hastie then it won't be announced until the window has opened 

Just about to say this. IF it’s Hastie and IF it’s a loan then no announcement can happen until the window opens. However if there’s an agreed contract termination then I guess we would only have to wait until after Rangers announced that first.

Rick Sanchez

Are loans typical early in the window? 

You'd think Gerrard would want a look at him in pre season. If not he's clearly not fancied and should be told he's free to leave.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s Hastie.

Loan or permenant? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***