***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Rogue Daddy
13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've not really thought much about potential players arriving over this Summer, as I've no idea what type of players Joe Savage feels wil benefit the club. Maybe I'm out on my own here but I actually think we have some decent players already on our books, and we only seem to have been getting something out of them since Savage met with some of our better players and the manager, and the way in which we were playing changed almost instantly.

Really?... hadn't heard about that. Very interesting if true... is the back 3 formation change (for the last few games), down to JS?

Agree with what you say about having some decent players. Gordon, Souttar, Haring, Boyce... is a decent spine to any team!... if we can keep them fit.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

john thomas
30 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Did you watch him play for us? 

Yes , which is why I described him as I did .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Really?... hadn't heard about that. Very interesting if true... is the back 3 formation change (for the last few games), down to JS?

Agree with what you say about having some decent players. Gordon, Souttar, Haring, Boyce... is a decent spine to any team!... if we can keep them fit.

Gordon Smith Kingsley Souttar Haring GMS McEneff Boyce.

Add 5 to that group of good quality its not looking too bad.

Ginnelly,  Halliday on left backing up Kingsley, its a decent enough starting point to work around. 

You also have Henderson improving and Gnandos as bench options and most likely cameos from Naismith, Walker. 

Another right sided wing back, centre back, 2 central midfield players and a forward. 

Get those 5 you move forwards and compete 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Allen hallilovic , where'd you pluck that name from?

Very generally speaking but always admired the Croatian national team and often their players seem to have a tenacity about them.

He was touted as the next Modric and was on Barcelona's and AC Milan's books as a teenager. Various loan moves later, he signed for Birmingham last summer but he isn't being offered a new deal there and is expected to move on. He looked a fantastic player early on in his career (still only 24). His market value is within the sort of range you see in Scotland so currently, he's not looking like he'd be massively out of reach. Wages should be borderline affordable too.

SidewaysFitba
12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That's just not true is it,GMS,McEneff and Gnaduillet have never worked with Savage and thats our last 3 signings.

Again rather than post random names read what soundbites the club is giving,Young players under 26.

JS had apparently monitored AM for years.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ginnelly,  Halliday on left backing up Kingsley, its a decent enough starting point to work around. 

You also have Henderson improving and Gnandos as bench options and most likely cameos from Naismith, Walker. 

Another right sided wing back, centre back, 2 central midfield players and a forward. 

Exactly.  Squad is and hasn't been our issue for quite some time!!!

I'd add that we may see a breakthrough season from someone like Cammy Logan too.  Your list of 8 at the top, you add a young lad like Logan with all that experience around him, plus well-scouted CH and CM and we're looking very good I'd say.  It'll be about getting that team playing with intensity and consistency.  We need more aggression and speed in everything we do.

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah, I really don't think we're in too bad a shape... it really does comes down to the manager to get the best out of them. Callum Davidson has done really well with mediocre players this season.... it can be done!

As you say, 4/5 good quality signings and we're set. 

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Callachan linked with livvy too which would make more sense 

Yeah because they are consistently a better team than us.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah it was mentioned on here, happened after the QoTS game I think, we then picked up for the last few games. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Rooster20 said:

Would take Callachan as a rotation option in midfield tbh :look:

I totally would, you don't need to be wrapped in silk to be a really effective midfielder in Scotland. Ross has shown his attributes since he left, I'm firmly of the opinion that he was simply overawed and tried too hard in his time here and that a more mature Callachan with a second bite at the cherry could be a real success.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yeah because they are consistently a better team than us.

I was going to say that, laughing at Livi players when we’ve just signed their 3rd choice GK 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

Absolute Scenes

Massive wishful thinking but I’d love Wilfred Bony 😂 free agent but wages would be issue

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Massive wishful thinking but I’d love Wilfred Bony 😂 free agent but wages would be issue

I think he's about 35 as well 😂

25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I totally would, you don't need to be wrapped in silk to be a really effective midfielder in Scotland. Ross has shown his attributes since he left, I'm firmly of the opinion that he was simply overawed and tried too hard in his time here and that a more mature Callachan with a second bite at the cherry could be a real success.

Agree, it was a huge step up for him but he’s established himself well. 

It’s kind of an odd one but on balance I’d take him. Getting Campbell is going to be bloody hard bordering on impossible- if Robbie and Joe pull it off they deserve medals.. so I’d like to go for Callachan and Hendry. Think we’d get a solid work rate out of both. 

Rogue Daddy
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it was mentioned on here, happened after the QoTS game I think, we then picked up for the last few games. 

That's interesting. I wonder if he was told to start letting the players play to their strengths... or yer oot!

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair, one thing that has surprised me is the lack of names in the press and on here. The press are surprisingly quiet considering how big a summer we have in recruitment, and the names on here have been mainly Campbell with 1 or 2 others. 

Does seem like we are keeping our cards close.

Certainly hope so. Otherwise we’re relying on what we have. And, well... 😬

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, David Black said:

"We only seem to have been getting something out of them since Savage met with some of our better players and the manager, and the way in which we were playing changed almost instantly."  Do you know that for a fact?

Not sure which part you are asking about, as there are two parts to what you've quoted. If you mean the meeting which was held, I read about/heard about that and it was also mentioned on here in another thread a wee while back. Do I think we have played better since that meeting took place, it is only my personal opinion that I think we have looked better in the latter few matches of this season. Still room for improvement though once we step back up to the top division.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

It's clear by this thread that no one has a clue who we are signing. Some of the names being banded about :rofl:

This thread is like some weird infested Hobo parallel universe.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Certainly hope so. Otherwise we’re relying on what we have. And, well... 😬

Yeah, I do admit due to the silence there is a lot of trusting the club and keeping fingers crossed. Hopefully we are not let down.

SidewaysFitba

If Hearts prep well, there is no reason why we cant finish third next season and win a cup.   
I think Glass is going to be a Cathro type disaster at Aberdeen.  
Hibs will likely lose two or three of their better players.   
On a tangential point, how about Marley Watkins as a sensible and affordable signing?

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

If Hearts prep well, there is no reason why we cant finish third next season and win a cup.   
I think Glass is going to be a Cathro type disaster at Aberdeen.  
Hibs will likely lose two or three of their better players.   
On a tangential point, how about Marley Watkins as a sensible and affordable signing?

I take it you mean third bottom?

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I take it you mean third bottom?

I don't think Hearts will be anywhere near the relegation zone.

David Black
24 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure which part you are asking about, as there are two parts to what you've quoted. If you mean the meeting which was held, I read about/heard about that and it was also mentioned on here in another thread a wee while back. Do I think we have played better since that meeting took place, it is only my personal opinion that I think we have looked better in the latter few matches of this season. Still room for improvement though once we step back up to the top division.

It was the meeting taking place I was referring to. If it did it certainly worked.

Here’s One for the posters that want the club to resign shite players 

rafal Grzelak out of contract end of june

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

That's interesting. I wonder if he was told to start letting the players play to their strengths... or yer oot!

Quite possibly, the thread about Neilson lacing was based upon agents getting in touch with Budge about replacing him. He was maybe informed to ship up or ship out, the players too. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If some folk on here had their way it would be a midfield of Robinson, Holt, callachan with Morrison and Moore on the wings. 

Cracking stuff. 

So true. Some horrific shouts on this thread. Sometimes I wonder what level folk think Hearts are at. Signing shite from the likes of Killie, Livi and Hamilton is not going to get us where we need to be. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Hahahahaha good one, I know a GK we could get on loan again 🙈

These journeymen left backs eh 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

Edited by Pasquale for King

SidewaysFitba

Its a bit absurd for people to say Hearts will go back down again. The only time it has happened in recent history, there were extreme mitigating circumstances.  
Hearts were nowhere near the relegation area when Neilson was last in charge.   
Why would they be this time?🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, pointon said:

A 4-0 Vs Celtic legend! Statue will be up soon

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

So true. Some horrific shouts on this thread. Sometimes I wonder what level folk think Hearts are at. Signing shite from the likes of Killie, Livi and Hamilton is not going to get us where we need to be. 

We’ve signed shite from livi already, folk want KL and Hamilton from Hamilton also. 
Lets hope we can get the quality we need. 

Its a bit absurd for people to say Hearts will go back down again. The only time it has happened in recent history, there were extreme mitigating circumstances.  
Hearts were nowhere near the relegation area when Neilson was last in charge.   
Why would they be this time?🤷‍♂️

It’s fine to disagree but if you watched us play last season you’d fully understand the reason people are pessimistic. 

SidewaysFitba

I think Hearts need around seven players.  Centre back, centre mid, new striker + four others.   We need players that can entertain and excite.  Players that can open teams up and create chances.   Players like this;     

SidewaysFitba
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s fine to disagree but if you watched us play last season you’d fully understand the reason people are pessimistic. 

I watched every game just about.  I get that we weren't sparkling, but what's the use in dragging depression into a new season?

Edited by SidewaysFitba
spelling

I watched every game just about.  I get that we weren't sparkling, but what's the use in dragging depression into a new season?

So that’s your assessment ‘not sparkling’. I think the depression you talk about is just how people feel about RN and the situation we’re in. Each person’s opinion is kinda the only one they have. 

According to Robbie we are going to be making signings from the English Leagues and players who are free. In other words out of contract or free to leave their club.

He also said that he wants to trim the squad numbers and there will be more leaving than coming in as the squad he inherited was far too big.

With a smaller squad I suppose that pave's the way for some of the younger guys to stake a claim when we have injuries and suspensions.

I suppose there is no surprise in this given that Savage has spend a few years down south and will know more about their players than he will about the Scottish ones.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So that’s your assessment ‘not sparkling’. I think the depression you talk about is just how people feel about RN and the situation we’re in. Each person’s opinion is kinda the only one they have. 

I watched us to. 

By far the best team in the division, all you eNt from a league campaign Tbh. 

We'll need to sign better players and have more depth but I'll take a bet to say we won't be bottom 6. 

We won't be near relegation. 

I think we'll be in around the top 4 but need to see how the summer transfer window shakes out first. 

SidewaysFitba
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Were you one of the fans who thought Hearts were going to batter teams 6-0 every week?🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I watched us to. 

By far the best team in the division, all you eNt from a league campaign Tbh. 

We'll need to sign better players and have more depth but I'll take a bet to say we won't be bottom 6. 

We won't be near relegation. 

I think we'll be in around the top 4 but need to see how the summer transfer window shakes out first. 

I don’t bet anymore but I’d literally bite your hand of for sixth right now. We were atrocious in many games last season but thankfully our opponents were worse. The tactics left us in a disjointed mess a lot of the time and I can only hope lessons were learned. There was certainly a shift in the last few games. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’ve signed shite from livi already, folk want KL and Hamilton from Hamilton also. 
Lets hope we can get the quality we need. 

Hamilton from Hamilton would be a signing looking to the future but he doesn't have the experience to improve our first XI. Players like him and perhaps Bruce Anderson would be good squad additions but we need 4 or 5 priority signings for the first XI that significantly improve us. 

3 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Were you one of the fans who thought Hearts were going to batter teams 6-0 every week?🤷‍♂️

Those fans don’t exist mate. They’ve been made up by fans, maybe like yourself, that are happy to accept mediocrity and pretend fellow supporters had unrealistic expectations. It takes the argument away from Robbie and Ann you see.  

BackOfTheNet

I’ve said before we shouldn’t expect much given some seasons are still happening, most players have contracts until at least 31st May so unlikely to expect much before then at least.

Then again we need a signing just so we can end the pure speculation in this thread...

SidewaysFitba

Leaving aside Rangers and Celtic, I don't think any of the PL sides would have won that league by any more points than we did tbh.   Some of them may not have won it at all.

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Those fans don’t exist mate. They’ve been made up by fans, maybe like yourself, that are happy to accept mediocrity and pretend fellow supporters had unrealistic expectations. It takes the argument away from Robbie and Ann you see.  

You have your people confused, sir.   My target for Hearts is a top 4 finish and a cup final.   Anything less would always be regarded as a fail by me.👍

Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

You have your people confused, sir.   My target for Hearts is a top 4 finish and a cup final.   Anything less would always be regarded as a fail by me.👍

And you think RN is the man to get us there. Too 4 and a cup final, that’s what you expect next season?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

And you think RN is the man to get us there. Too 4 and a cup final, that’s what you expect next season?

What do you expect? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***