***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

38 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I get where you're coming from.... for me it's that run of poor performances which culminated in the Brora and QoS results where the majority of us wanted RN gone but there was nothing from the board - dejavu if you like - eerily similar to the CL situation. It, again, felt like no matter how bad things were getting, nothing would change. To my knowledge we've still not heard from the board about those games. Yes, we got better (possibly due to a discussion with JS - as I learned earlier), we've won the league - so, for the time being, RN is still our manager. But it's the 'once-bitten-twice-shy' effect that, I think, has us wound up most. The feeling of sleep walking down the same path as before. Not taking action until it's too late.

I think/hope the board realise they have to get the next couple of signings bang on.... they're going to be crucial. They need our ST money, and the team need us on board right from the first whistle next season. I certainly hope we score first in our first home game - if we don't, RN and the team won't get a chance. RN is here for the start of next season, and the team will get my full support... I seriously hope it doesn't go downhill quick, and that the booing doesn't start the first half of the first game.

Your first paragraph sums it up well.  Hopefully, as you go on to say, the board gets it bang on fro here on in. Patience is now wafer thin. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we managed to get Dunne that would be very good.  
back 3 of souttar dunne and halket with smith and Kingsley wing backs, then Gordon in goal. 
I’d go as far as saying second best defence in the league next year. 

36 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I disagree completely regarding cathro. When nielson left, we were 2nd in the league, on the back of having beaten rangers. I don’t care what factors people like to believe as to what the reasons were - we were sitting second top half way through the season. That’s some feat for “boring negative football”.  We were as good as we were going to be. Once he left,  we declined under Cathro and Levein, and that wasn’t because we were already heading that way (I agree some of the football was boring, but we were still beating teams by some margin too), that was because they weren’t very good. Cathro s flops played a lot in that, as well as Leveins. 

You  are entirely right of course. More difficult for Neilson this time after so many poor years. Tolerance levels are lower than when Cathro took over is my only point. No denying how poor cathro was though. 

Batistuta87

Kilmarnock look like they're in some serious trouble. As it stands, they'll have just four players in contract for next season.

Anyone here that we'd take @ Hearts? Apart from Tshibola, obviously 😁😉

image.thumb.png.0625d54166dec973b1d0dad5ad4ae5de.png

I'd probably take Kiltie too...

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HighTimes said:

It's hilarious when Neilson's supporters try to pull this one, ignoring the fact that the real reason they took 3 goes is because Hearts and Rangers were in the league for the first two of those years.

So they never spent 3 seasons in the championship then? 

It's hilarious when the  " let's turn everything negative" crew ignore basic facts. 

I can accept Neilson could and maybe should have been sacked for the Brora result and his cup results in general are poor. Why can't others accept that despite the pub league claims and how shit it is, 3/4 " big" teams have struggled to get promoted so it's maybe not as pish as some like to think and although we should never be getting demoted or relegated, pissing the league is an achievement and overall the Bobmeister has pretty impressive league form for us. 

The lengths folk go to play down the championship win is only bettered by those who play down his 3rd place finish in the top flight. It's excruciating. 

Folk say it didn't count as Rangers and  hibs were in the lower division, does that mean that Rangers unbeaten season is down graded because they never played us or hibs 3rd place finish will be shite for them- Naw, didnae think so. 

The twists and lengths folk go  to, in on order play down any success we have is beyond belief. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, stevie.nolan.5 said:

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

NOOOO

Robbie Neilson: We'll probably not be signing anyone over 26

First rumour: Hearts set to "battle it out" for 27 y/o Ross Callachan 

:cornette:

He's 25 and 24 months., 😳

He won't improve our first eleven to where we want to be. 

We'll need a squad of around 20-25, but we need quality, especially in the middle. 

26 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

:gok:

It's mental Al.

We have a whole summer of this :Shoosh:

A whole summer of Jambo Al?  Thank god I’m going on a holiday in the highlands for 4 weeks :lol: 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Has Callachan improved since leaving Hearts? If so why if not why? 

Is Ross better than any of our players that are leaving ? 

He isn't exactly Pele but will be in our budget and will give his all for the jersey 

1 minute ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Has Callachan improved since leaving Hearts? If so why if not why? 

Is Ross better than any of our players that are leaving ? 

He isn't exactly Pele but will be in our budget and will give his all for the jersey 

But I think that’s the point some make. No doubting the guys heart and willingness , and while we need to up in the ante in all avenues, quality is a priority imo. 

We really need to move on as much as we can from all the traces of the last few years. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll need a squad of around 20-25, but we need quality, especially in the middle. 

Maybe it’s because he’s a Jambo but I’m not too against the signing. I’d like to see more players really playing for the jersey. RCs commitment and work rate was good, it was just his quality that let him down. He’s had a few seasons to mature and now he’s coming off the back of scoring 1 in 3 for Accies. That is a bloody good scoring rate for a midfielder. 

I don’t think this is a bad signing. He’s free, knows the league, the club and is in his prime. Not a player we’re going to make money on but will be easy to deal with and will be starting with a chip on his shoulder with a point to prove.

SidewaysFitba

If Hearts could read the room they'd realise that our first signing has to make a statement, make people sit up and take notice.   
There are ST's to sell at some point, and Hearts fans seem generally miserable.   
Fans aren't buying into Neilson or the board, so the signings become all the more vital.    
You want your first arrival to be one that makes fans want to renew their ST.   Not a jobber who we launched ages ago.😒

4 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

If Hearts could read the room they'd realise that our first signing has to make a statement, make people sit up and take notice.   
Fans aren't buying into Neilson or the board, so the signings become all the more vital.    
You want your first arrival to be one that makes fans want to renew their ST.   Not a jobber who we launched ages ago.😒

Excellent post 👍

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So they never spent 3 seasons in the championship then? 

It's hilarious when the  " let's turn everything negative" crew ignore basic facts. 

I can accept Neilson could and maybe should have been sacked for the Brora result and his cup results in general are poor. Why can't others accept that despite the pub league claims and how shit it is, 3/4 " big" teams have struggled to get promoted so it's maybe not as pish as some like to think and although we should never be getting demoted or relegated, pissing the league is an achievement and overall the Bobmeister has pretty impressive league form for us. 

The lengths folk go to play down the championship win is only bettered by those who play down his 3rd place finish in the top flight. It's excruciating. 

Folk say it didn't count as Rangers and  hibs were in the lower division, does that mean that Rangers unbeaten season is down graded because they never played us or hibs 3rd place finish will be shite for them- Naw, didnae think so. 

The twists and lengths folk go  to, in on order play down any success we have is beyond belief. 

It of course wasn't a pub league when there was us hibs and huns in the league.  Well done the club 5 years ago.

This season the leagues full of shite and we lost our two cup games to Alloa and Broara.

It's not been a successful season.  The bear minimum has been done.  It would be the equivalent next year of finishing 6th and losing in the cup to the above teams.   You always compare your achievements to your rivals too and it doesn't help the other side of the city have finished 3rd in the top league and are in the Cup Final on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

We need a right back, Miko is out of contract in 6 months.....

kingantti1874

Tin hat on - I like players like Callachan. 100% effort every minute of every game. When you are in a dogfight exactly the sort of player you need who won’t let you down. Doesn’t have the most quality but has the most heart. I think every team should have one or 2 of those players available for when needed. Currently we don’t have any

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe it’s because he’s a Jambo but I’m not too against the signing. I’d like to see more players really playing for the jersey. RCs commitment and work rate was good, it was just his quality that let him down. He’s had a few seasons to mature and now he’s coming off the back of scoring 1 in 3 for Accies. That is a bloody good scoring rate for a midfielder. 

I don’t think this is a bad signing. He’s free, knows the league, the club and is in his prime. Not a player we’re going to make money on but will be easy to deal with and will be starting with a chip on his shoulder with a point to prove.

I agree, but we need better for the first 11.

He'll add a goal threat, but he's just a bit shite overall. 

Shame, if he was even average, with his knack for breaking the lines and getting  the odd goal he could have been really effective and as you say a Hearts fan to boot. 

Batistuta87
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Nah can't fault his work rate and things like that but he's just not a good enough footballer. I'd maybe maybe take him as backup, but think we've got plenty bodies to play CM.

Edited by Batistuta87

Stendelnator
17 minutes ago, pointon said:

Aberdeen confirm the jet decent signing 

It isn’t really though. Their signings have been very underwhelming so far 

Gulf Jambo

List of possible targets after skimming around online. 

Just a few that I think may be the style we go after.

And people who have some vague link to the manager or Savage, ie someone you'd imagine they are aware of

Sulley KaiKai (LM, 25) Blackpool

Chuks Aneke (ST, 27) Charlton

Lee Evans (CM, 26) Wigan

Matthew Olosunde (RB, 23) Rotherham

Tom MacIntyre (CB, 22) Reading

Dominic Hyam (CB, 25) Coventry

Joe Rankin-Costello (RB, 21) Blackburn

Pelly Ruddock-Mpanzu (CM, 27) Luton

Josh Harrop (CAM, 25) Preston

SidewaysFitba
42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We need a right back, Miko is out of contract in 6 months.....

We do need one.  We could have held onto Logan, he'd have been solid enough. Bit old tho.  Good player 5-10yrs back.   

If we're looking down south, Donald Love is rated and out of contract.   One of the Bristol clubs are interested.   He's 26 and represented Scotland at under 21 level.    

See what ya think;   

I'd love to see Paterson and Nicholson brought home too. 

Pie in the sky stuff, but if we could get those two, plus Campbell & Dunne I think that might well go down as a flawless window :D 

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd love to see Paterson and Nicholson brought home too. 

Pie in the sky stuff, but if we could get those two, plus Campbell & Dunne I think that might well go down as a flawless window :D 

I did wonder about Paterson… wages would be a stumbling block. Would be great if he returned👍

Good lord. I'd rather go back to the fantasy signings again than have Callachan return. 

No problem with bringing Callachan back. He’s clearly improved a bit, what he lacks in talent he makes up for in energy and determination. Two characteristics we’ve been missing for too long. 

Bazzas right boot

Be a bit disappointed if we resign ex players who weren't very good, the best thing about a new signing is finding out they are pish over time. 

If we already know they're jobbies then half he fun is taken away. 

Just now, Sertse said:

It's all just so underwhelming

It’s just chit chat tbf. Nobody seems to know much. I’m looking forward to a totally left field signing to unite us all. Combative goal scoring midfielder who can fill in at centre forward. Roy Race type. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s just chit chat tbf. Nobody seems to know much. I’m looking forward to a totally left field signing to unite us all. Combative goal scoring midfielder who can fill in at centre forward. Roy Race type. 

That's fair enough, I'm not fully buying it just yet but the fact that's the standard our transfer rumours are at just now is pretty poor. There's time yet, I'm looking forward to seeing these signings from the English leagues we're supposedly getting anyway.

12 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Josh Harrop would do well for us.. 👀 

Sounds the type. 

SidewaysFitba

Jon Flanagan is also out of contract since people were talking about a RB.   He was at  Charleroi this season.  28yrs old.

Just now, Sertse said:

That's fair enough, I'm not fully buying it just yet but the fact that's the standard our transfer rumours are at just now is pretty poor. There's time yet, I'm looking forward to seeing these signings from the English leagues we're supposedly getting anyway.

Ginelly would be a decent start. The only thing I’m convinced of is that we are delaying season tickets until we’ve signed one or two. If they weren’t going to be viewed as decent signings to attract more sales I doubt they’d bother waiting. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Ginelly would be a decent start. The only thing I’m convinced of is that we are delaying season tickets until we’ve signed one or two. If they weren’t going to be viewed as decent signings to attract more sales I doubt they’d bother waiting. 

I'm pretty surprised he hasn't signed already. If he wasn't training with us I would have started getting concerned but he actually seems like he really wants to play here.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

I'm pretty surprised he hasn't signed already. If he wasn't training with us I would have started getting concerned but he actually seems like he really wants to play here.

My thoughts as well. I’m not overly concerned on that one. 

SidewaysFitba

If folk aren't bothered about age and just want a player who entertains and creates, then what about Sone Aluko?   
32 now.  At Reading, spent this season on loan to a club in China.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Neilson mk I was very quiet on rumours. Quite right too, did GMS not spring from the blue in January 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***