• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mr Brightside
40 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The really young and mysterious “Max” from Ukraine who was training with us for a while seems to be at St Johnstone now 

What is the story with this guy, is he based in Scotland or abroad somewhere?

Auld Reekin'
4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Yes knew that m8 , just wasn't sure what  the guy meant , concerning an achilles 👍

My post was an attempt (a failed one it seems) at humour. 

Tumbleweed GIFs | Tenor

14 minutes ago, 151 said:

Based on what evidence? 

Fair enough I know we were talking to Declan Gallacher and he chose Aberdeen, but I take it we have missed out on others?

Low basic means missing out on others too.

Just now, 151 said:

Based on what evidence? 

Fair enough I know we were talking to Declan Gallacher and he chose Aberdeen, but I take it we have missed out on others?

Just going by what some other posters have said regards players we've been linked with as we seem to have had a few. Whether we have or haven't been linked i don't know as i tend not to bother reading about who we are linked with. Others might have heard/read somewhere about a player though and posted on KB about them signing for someone else so that's what i was going on.

There's been others as well, some Forfar defender and some French winger at Airdrie but that was towards the end of the season.

Edited by jambonian

We are either missing out on our targets or we have some top players lined up I know we’re I think it’s heading 

ginger jambo98
14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just going by what some other posters have said regards players we've been linked with as we seem to have had a few. Whether we have or haven't been linked i don't know as i tend not to bother reading about who we are linked with. Others might have heard/read somewhere about a player though and posted on KB about them signing for someone else so that's what i was going on.

There's been others as well, some Forfar defender and some French winger at Airdrie but that was towards the end of the season.

So not really based on any facts, more based on some folk on here who may not know any facts either. I think all we can do is wait until the first week in July and see if anyone arrives then.

Just now, pointon said:

We are either missing out on our targets or we have some top players lined up I know we’re I think it’s heading 

Hopefully top players lined up.

However, like you, i think we could possibly be missing out on targets. Maybe because our wages are poor and i said a while back that the bargain bins in Poundland is where we'll be trawling through. Savage has the knowledge for League 1 and 2 players down south. There'll be quite a few that have been released from their clubs surplus to requirements (or deemed not good enough) so it's just the market i expect us to be looking. 

33 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

What is the story with this guy, is he based in Scotland or abroad somewhere?

I think he was over in Ukraine but coming to train with us on school holidays. Seems to be capped at youth level, but probably under 15s or so. 

Just now, ginger jambo98 said:

So not really based on any facts, more based on some folk on here who may not know any facts either. I think all we can do is wait until the first week in July and see if anyone arrives then.

In fairness, i never said anything was factual. I, like every poster can only comment on what is posted on the forum. Whether something is true or not is irrelevant and it's up to any individual poster to comment if they so wish to. As you say about July...let's just hope there's a couple of players worth being excited about turning up soon. 

Mr Brightside
25 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I think he was over in Ukraine but coming to train with us on school holidays. Seems to be capped at youth level, but probably under 15s or so. 

Cheers, so still very young.

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon we are going to be signing foreign Johnnie's myself 

Injured ones, who are 33 - 35 years old.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, pointon said:

I hope you know where you think it's heading... 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon we are going to be signing foreign Johnnie's myself 

If they are "unknowns" like Skacel, deVries and Adam, I'll settle for that 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If they are "unknowns" like Skacel, deVries and Adam, I'll settle for that 

I think I hid well that was what I was hoping for 

5 hours ago, pointon said:

Yeah, seems that way. Regan Hendry saying today that we were interested. Never made an offer. Hopefully we're not getting kb'd by all our targets. 

Edited by Cruyff

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

My post was an attempt (a failed one it seems) at humour. 

Tumbleweed GIFs | Tenor

🤣🤣🤣👍

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah, seems that way. Regan Hendry saying today that we were interested. Never made an offer. Hopefully we're not getting kb'd by all our targets. 

can't get KB'd if we never made an offer, got hope he was one that we had been looking at but decided there were better options.

On 24/06/2021 at 10:06, Des Lynam said:
41 minutes ago, Gav M said:

can't get KB'd if we never made an offer, got hope he was one that we had been looking at but decided there were better options.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, jambonian said:

Doesn't matter who we get linked with. If another club is also interested in a player then he will sign for them.

Our chance to sign anyone will only happen if a particular player is of no interest to any other clubs. It's a sad state of affairs and what we have become.

BS. Didn't we beat Hibs to Lafferty and Sow not that long ago? Burton wanted to resign Boyce. Celtic wanted to keep Gordon. 

Doesn't always benefit us beating other teams to signings mind you. Aberdeen wanted Sammon (and Cowie, but he was decent for us).

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

BS. Didn't we beat Hibs to Lafferty and Sow not that long ago? Burton wanted to resign Boyce. Celtic wanted to keep Gordon. 

Doesn't always benefit us beating other teams to signings mind you. Aberdeen wanted Sammon (and Cowie, but he was decent for us).

also ignores that the same issues apply to every team, was listening to an interview from Joe Savage with the Preston North End podcast, he talked about they struggled to get targets in to Preston as bigger clubs would just come in and offer more for players who were just about to sign and Preston would miss out. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Just heard that David Pottingham is close to singing. 
decent singing if true 

Who?

17 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

decent singing if true 

Is this the new half time entertainment? Or a new revenue stream for the club? 

17 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

decent singing if true 

I’ve never heard of him.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who?

glad you have asked that, I was wondering if it was a joke name that flew over my head. Certainly no player with the name Pottingham. 

31 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

decent singing if true 

Hes a snooker player.

JamboJoker98
36 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Just heard that David Pottingham is close to singing
decent singing if true 

Hopefully get a tune out of him

4 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Hope so bud about time someone got the place going 

5 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Might be worth a tenor on him for top goal scorer….

1 hour ago, ecky92 said:

decent singing if true 

Posts like this make me miss :vladstupid: even more. 

Edit: went off and found it, just for you

07.png

Edited by tian447

BackOfTheNet

Pottingham sounds like the name they would give Nottingham Forest in the old Sensible Soccer days when they didn’t have the license for real team names…

Ccjambo1874
52 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Pottingham sounds like the name they would give Nottingham Forest in the old Sensible Soccer days when they didn’t have the license for real team names…

Heard we after Orange038 as well from the Netherlands. Could be a good signing as far as Konami ratings go.

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Heard we after Orange038 as well from the Netherlands. Could be a good signing as far as Konami ratings go.

I remember they had first initials and last name of the players but would change the last name slightly. So Alan Shearer was A.Bearer or something. Only one I remember crystal clear was Paul Ince being changed to P.Once…

3 hours ago, Gav M said:

Never said we got kb'd by Hendry tbf. 

jamtartan74
12 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Luton have now signed Gomes, Campbell and Adebayo. All three supposedly linked with us (one confirmed). I have a feeling any ITK folk in here are now Luton Town ITK…

I blame the young team for starting that Olly Lee song, now tiny wee Luton have a grudge and are going to sign all of our targets 

:seething:

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

I blame the young team for starting that Olly Lee song, now tiny wee Luton have a grudge and are going to sign all of our targets 

:seething:

Any way we could be linked with Damour?

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Any way we could be linked with Damour?

Let’s hope so, make sure the Luton News gets word of it 1st though 👍🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

also ignores that the same issues apply to every team, was listening to an interview from Joe Savage with the Preston North End podcast, he talked about they struggled to get targets in to Preston as bigger clubs would just come in and offer more for players who were just about to sign and Preston would miss out. 

We're still likely to be the most attractive draw in Scotland for players willing to play here after the OF, even if only for Tynecastle, Edinburgh and our training facilities just now if not our competitiveness. When we get competitive again, we will definitely always have a good chance of beating them likes of HIbs and Aberdeen to signings. I'm encouraged we went for Stuart Findlay. We won't get all our targets but if that's the type of player we're after, we should get some decent signings.

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Think that was only on the Mega Drive version, pretty sure on the Amiga it was the real names.

Surely all will be revealed this week. Got a feeling that Thursday might well be a busy day.  In many ways I’m pleased that information leaking from the club about targets has been stopped.  We’ve lost a few potential signings over the years elsewhere because of that. It’s quality we need now, not more squad fillers. Hopefully this week will see that. 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Surely all will be revealed this week. Got a feeling that Thursday might well be a busy day.  In many ways I’m pleased that information leaking from the club about targets has been stopped.  We’ve lost a few potential signings over the years elsewhere because of that. It’s quality we need now, not more squad fillers. Hopefully this week will see that. 

What players did we miss out on due to information being leaked?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***