***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

:kirk:

Can’t imagine he’d want to be in L2 this season. 

I’m all for fanning the flames in this one. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rossi did a good job for us, as did Ozturk for 2 seasons. Augustyn wasnt too bad though pretty old fashioned, these guys were good enough to have us top half. Would say Neilson actually did quite well in that area. Then I didnt think Kitchen was a bad signing either, pretty decent player to have when you needed to defend a bit more, not so useful when attacking

Kitchen would be the only one that would get a work permit, extremely limited player much like Neilson. 
Dunne is better than all of those four though, none of them would get near playing in the EPL. He’s no world beater but he and Souttar were a good pairing before the latter succumbed to an injury he’d been carrying for months. I think we would need to push the boat out for him but it can be done. I don’t think they will though depending on paying whatever development fee is due. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Zen Jambo said:

I'd take Sam back, absolutely.

Maybe doesn't feel very marquee, but I always liked him.  Tries hard, has bags of ability, not a lot to dislike really. Will have learnt a bit on his travels and grown up a bit too.  Maybe wouldn't start every week, but great to have him back and I don't think would let us down

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

It was rumoured he was on nearer £4.5-5k at Burnley. With the amount of wages saved by getting rid of the deadwood at Hearts, his wage wouldn't have been an unrealistic option. I'd rather we'd have signed 3 quality players on £5k a week each than the same amount combined being wasted on quite a few squad-fillers. Not that it matters anyway. He'd be far too ambitious a signing for us, unfortunately. I like the term speculate to accumulate. We won't be accumulating much money in future transfer fees.

Exactly. He has one of the lowest market values in the whole Premier League lol - a market value which is lower than our own Craig Halkett. The thing that would be holding us back from signing him IMO would be his development fee. We would only be able to do it if Burnley were sound enough to waive it, but the fact that they've offered him a contract suggests to me that they want it. My guess is that it'll be around £200k, not much I don't think, but certainly a figure which might convince us to look elsewhere.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Maybe doesn't feel very marquee, but I always liked him.  Tries hard, has bags of ability, not a lot to dislike really. Will have learnt a bit on his travels and grown up a bit too.  Maybe wouldn't start every week, but great to have him back and I don't think would let us down

I really like Sam he'd be in my 11

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I like his cheeky wee face.

Bags of energy and great attitude. Like you say, maybe wouldn’t be starter week in week out but would certainly be a good addition. 

However, year look left on his contract. So I may see him play after all…

Edited by Zen Jambo

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nah, means we’re not signing anyone today unfortunately. Goal of the day against Hibs is standard practice. 

Goal of the day seems to means absolutely nothing. It's never been a hint we're signing anyone and it's gone on for months 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Exactly. He has one of the lowest market values in the whole Premier League lol - a market value which is lower than our own Craig Halkett. The thing that would be holding us back from signing him IMO would be his development fee. We would only be able to do it if Burnley were sound enough to waive it, but the fact that they've offered him a contract suggests to me that they want it. My guess is that it'll be around £200k, not much I don't think, but certainly a figure which might convince us to look elsewhere.

When you look at the wages they pay £200k is about what they will pay Dunnes replacement, no way they’re waiving any fee. Which is fair enough as they’re fans would want to know why they let players go for nothing. They might take a sell on clause in the contract and a smaller fee though. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Wonder if he's had a relegation release clause... Apparently we were quite close to signing him when he originally went to Bristol, so not an unrealistic assumption that we'd be his next choice from there. Hopefully its happening. Good wee player. 

StirlingJambo
17 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

As I stated hope the prove me wrong but so far feck all is happening and we've started preseason with no one better than last season in the door.

Guy I know who’s been involved with coming and goings with hearts players said Savage well out his depth and under qualified. Said even Savage himself was surprised he got the job. Hopefully proves everyone wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So he HAS played at a higher level and he does earn a lot of money then. The only point I was trying to make really. We can argue all day about where he is ability wise. I think he’ll be playing at a higher level than Hearts next season. Doesn’t matter a jot in the scheme things because he’s not coming here.

I dont think 3 games for Burnley, one at the end of the season as a favour, at the age of 23 is evidence of playing at a higher level. And we dont have a clue what his wage is either.

Doesnt look as if he is coming this way, this much is true, but take Shay Logan, by same token, he would never have signed for Aberdeen permanently from Man City, its not really that outlandish in truth for a squad player at a Prem club to make their way down the ranks, in fact its pretty common, Chelsea Man City carry about 40 players every year that go on loan, they are not all earning 200k a year.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I like his cheeky wee face.

Bags of energy and great attitude. Like you say, maybe wouldn’t be starter week in week out but would certainly be a good addition. 

However, year look left on his contract. So I may see him play after all…

I think the Joey Barton said he wanted to keep him but that might’ve changed, could well want to free up a wage. But he might get sacked as he’s currently on trial for attacking Daniel Stendel. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Goal of the day seems to means absolutely nothing. It's never been a hint we're signing anyone and it's gone on for months 

The goal of the day thing is always a bit tongue in cheek - but it has actually been a clue to Ginnelly signing as well as the reveal of the 3rd kit.

2 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Guy I know who’s been involved with coming and goings with hearts players said Savage well out his depth and under qualified. Said even Savage himself was surprised he got the job. Hopefully proves everyone wrong.

And so it begins eh

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Wonder if he's had a relegation release clause... Apparently we were quite close to signing him when he originally went to Bristol, so not an unrealistic assumption that we'd be his next choice from there. Hopefully its happening. Good wee player. 

Good point. 

I’d imagine Rovers set their ambitions a lot higher last season. 

doubt he would’ve signed if he knew they where going to flop. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kitchen would be the only one that would get a work permit, extremely limited player much like Neilson. 
Dunne is better than all of those four though, none of them would get near playing in the EPL. He’s no world beater but he and Souttar were a good pairing before the latter succumbed to an injury he’d been carrying for months. I think we would need to push the boat out for him but it can be done. I don’t think they will though depending on paying whatever development fee is due. 

Must admit, no idea what the permit rules are now. I think for Dunne, being the main man might be important for him, dont think he would be the main man at even Swansea, thats still higher than the current level he has achieved, which is pretty much 3rd and 4th tier and U23 football

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the Joey Barton said he wanted to keep him but that might’ve changed, could well want to free up a wage. But he might get sacked as he’s currently on trial for attacking Daniel Stendel. 

I wonder what financial state rovers are in. 

You’re right though, could by a way of getting some financials sorted. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Transfer market has Dunnes value at £540k and laughingly rate Halkett at £450k, a few no club would pay for him. 

StirlingJambo
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And so it begins eh

😂

Believe what you want. The guys Paterson and Nicholson’s agent. About to get Gauld a move to Vancouver unless the deal falls through.

Only passing on the info I’ve been told.

7 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

:cornette_dog:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Must admit, no idea what the permit rules are now. I think for Dunne, being the main man might be important for him, dont think he would be the main man at even Swansea, thats still higher than the current level he has achieved, which is pretty much 3rd and 4th tier and U23 football

He’s only played a few games in the EPL which is true, not sure how appealing Swansea would be. 
Basically unless you’re an international you’re unlikely to get a work permit. 

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Getting to the point where I think savage is another wasted wage along with the manager.

Hope they prove me wrong but I've had covid longer than it's taken them to sign someone.

Brilliant couldn't make this up. Savage out on the 28th of june for not keeping the transfer thread busy enough 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

The guy has been a Chief Scout for 8 years at 3 clubs including a Premier League and Championship club. Hardly think he’s out of his depth. If the guy who’s involved with coming and goings is associated with Murray and is annoyed by Savage then good.

9 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Batistuta87
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Transfer market has Dunnes value at £540k and laughingly rate Halkett at £450k, a few no club would pay for him. 

All depends on the buyer, but a peak, in-form Halkett performing to the best of his abilities would be worth a few hundred K to a team down south I would say. MVs are about more than the fees that other clubs would pay though and are also about the value of their contract and what they contribute to their club's successes and therefore income.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I wonder what financial state rovers are in. 

You’re right though, could by a way of getting some financials sorted. 

You would imagine with Covid and relegation not so great. 
This was before Covid. 
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52071690

These grants would only mean £50m between 48 clubs if I’m reading it right. 
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-rovers-financial-boost-4761659

9 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

What exactly does this mean? So this guy is more of an expert than the Hearts Board who chose Savage!!!!

So Savahge walks in the door and makes a statement to someone that he didn't expect to get this job beacuse he was so under qualified.

Get a grip and give the guy a chance.

He has worked at Norwich and PNE and will have a good grasp of the Englishj Leagues and players which is where the club have openly stated they will be looking to bring players in from.

Contracts down there expire on Wednesday 30 June so we should be seeing some sort of activity after then.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

All depends on the buyer, but a peak, in-form Halkett performing to the best of his abilities would be worth a few hundred K to a team down south I would say. MVs are about more than the fees that other clubs would pay though and are also about the value of their contract and what they contribute to their club's successes and therefore income.

That’s why he signed for us instead of earning bigger wages 2 years ago? The guys is worthless and will back at a Livi type club either this summer or next. 

23 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

He’s been out injured for a wee while apparently and waiting for an operation on his hip.

StirlingJambo
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The guy has been a Chief Scout for 8 years at 3 clubs including a Premier League and Championship club. Hardly think he’s out of his depth. If the guy who’s involved with coming and goings is associated with Murray and is annoyed by Savage then good.

Going from scout to sporting director is a big difference.

He’s nothing to do with Murray either.

I hope savage plays a blinder over the next couple of years and gets us out the shit show we’ve became involving transfers.

StirlingJambo
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What exactly does this mean? So this guy is more of an expert than the Hearts Board who chose Savage!!!!

So Savahge walks in the door and makes a statement to someone that he didn't expect to get this job beacuse he was so under qualified.

Get a grip and give the guy a chance.

He has worked at Norwich and PNE and will have a good grasp of the Englishj Leagues and players which is where the club have openly stated they will be looking to bring players in from.

Contracts down there expire on Wednesday 30 June so we should be seeing some sort of activity after then.

I’m happy to give the guy a chance. Hope he gets the players in we’ve been crying out.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

John Murray has been at Hearts for 20 years would you want him to be Sporting Director?

Savage himself said he jumped at the chance of a significant career move, the jury is still out on him and the club doesn’t have a great record on additions to the football department has it?

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Andyp1874 said:

Where is McKay rumour from?

Been suggested on here on the early pages.

Itk or wishful or complete guess, who knows.

Believe it when I see it.

Just now, StirlingJambo said:

I’m happy to give the guy a chance. Hope he gets the players in we’ve been crying out.

He may be able to find lots of players but he needs the support of the Board and Robbie to sign them remember.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

A signing from Hibs parent club? 

Mustn’t have wanted him 😜

StirlingJambo
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He may be able to find lots of players but he needs the support of the Board and Robbie to sign them remember.

True. Just hope they do back him.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***