***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We're still likely to be the most attractive draw in Scotland for players willing to play here after the OF, even if only for Tynecastle, Edinburgh and our training facilities just now if not our competitiveness. When we get competitive again, we will definitely always have a good chance of beating them likes of HIbs and Aberdeen to signings. I'm encouraged we went for Stuart Findlay. We won't get all our targets but if that's the type of player we're after, we should get some decent signings.

The same Stuart Findlay who has only just had his first MLS start yesterday for Philadelphia Union. Kept out most of the time by Jack Elliott (eligible for Scotland through both parents) who played ‘College Soccer’ before the MLS. Wasn’t Findlay in and out of the Kilmarnock team before he left too? I don’t know how good he is, but I do have a feeling as he’s someone we missed out on he’s deemed to be better than he actually is.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

26 minutes ago, pointon said:

Beginning to think it’s a myth that the longer we wait the quality of player we sign will be better

Why are you only “beginning” to think that? Surely you either thought that in the first place or you didn’t. How can us waiting longer to sign players make you disbelieve that we are waiting longer to sign players because they’re better quality? 

Genuine question. 👍🏼

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, pointon said:

Beginning to think it’s a myth that the longer we wait the quality of player we sign will be better

The thinking is that players lower their demands when the offers agents have promised fail to materialise. Whether it works in practice I'm not convinced. I think it has many risks associated but thats true of any signings I suppose.

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gutted.

Just in talks. Not confirmed yet. 

Stay positive 🤞🏻😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clickbait stuff Football Insider. 

Would love to know success rates 

Batistuta87

Dunne liking those tweets last week has convinced me he's coming back haha, 

I'll be gutted if he doesn't sign 😂

BackOfTheNet

If Swansea are interested then consider it a Dunne deal. As much as people think he had an attachment to the club in his just over 3 months here, I suspect the affection is not enough to turn down Championship club wages or aspirations.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Think that was only on the Mega Drive version, pretty sure on the Amiga it was the real names.

100% not

Amiga was made up as well, I remember it well! 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Swansea are interested then consider it a Dunne deal. As much as people think he had an attachment to the club in his just over 3 months here, I suspect the affection is not enough to turn down Championship club wages or aspirations.

i do feel he has an attachment to the club but if he is going to get a lot of game time swansea would be a better career move for him

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Swansea would be a cracking move for him. I don't think we'll even be in the running. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just before Mitchell came back the 2nd time Daily Mail said he was all but signed by Derby. He signed for Hearts 2 weeks later 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Swansea would be a cracking move for him. I don't think we'll even be in the running. 

Swansea aren't even sure who will be manager by end of the week 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Might be shite then. Depends on how Swansea work though, perhaps their Head of Recruitment is the one who signs the players and they have a Head Coach instead of a manager? 

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just before Mitchell came back the 2nd time Daily Mail said he was all but signed by Derby. He signed for Hearts 2 weeks later 

Hence the prefix of “If”

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% not

Amiga was made up as well, I remember it well! 

Off topic but no: real names in Amiga.

[edit: no hang about, I'm thinking of swos. Maybe the original sensi did that.]

Edited by strophic

BackOfTheNet
29 minutes ago, strophic said:

Off topic but no: real names in Amiga.

[edit: no hang about, I'm thinking of swos. Maybe the original sensi did that.]

Honestly can’t remember which one it was. Wasn’t mine was at a friend’s house. I had neither console. Briefly had a Commodore 64 and an Atari I think. But first one I really remember having properly was a NES.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

With all this talk about Jimmy Dunne we still don’t know if Neilson is even interested in signing him.

Yeah I mentioned this before. Dunne was a contact of McPhee’s recommendation and a Levein signing, perhaps Neilson and Savage want to do their own thing.

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

With all this talk about Jimmy Dunne we still don’t know if Neilson is even interested in signing him.

He’s not.

Just sheer fantasy as usual from fans fawning over ex players.

Batistuta87
52 minutes ago, Chaps said:

He’s not.

Just sheer fantasy as usual from fans fawning over ex players.

How do you know he's not... Dunne is in Ireland at the moment FWIW. Could be anything, could be nothing happening. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Met someone at a wedding yesterday who used to play for Shrewsbury Town when Ginelly was there (small world!)

Said he had bags of talent but came across as arrogant. 

Anyways, that’s my unhelpful anecdote for the day :lol: as you all were. 

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Met someone at a wedding yesterday who used to play for Shrewsbury Town when Ginelly was there (small world!)

Like a bit of arrogance in a player to be honest. Not always a bad trait, one mans arrogance is another's self belief!!

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Unless the person you were speaking to is still playing and as least as high a level as Shrewsbury then I’d take that with a pinch of salt. It’s not just fans that can come to lazy conclusions about other players.

Edit: Also, Ginnelly was 16-18 when at Shrewsbury. Has anyone anywhere met a young footballer at that age that doesn’t come across as arrogant? These guys are kings of their high school at that age (if still attending), always goes to their heads.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

It won't be Robbie Neilson. 

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Arrogance is good for a winger I reckon. 

47 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Like a bit of arrogance in a player to be honest. Not always a bad trait, one mans arrogance is another's self belief!!

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Arrogance is good for a winger I reckon. 

Absolutely. If Ginelly can get a run of games together then I think we’ve got a decent player on our hands.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hence the prefix of “If”

Not at all. They might be interested but as part of a squad. We would be guaranteeing him a game, so far as you can and that's the most important thing for him now it seems. 

Probably why Mitchell came our way 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The same Stuart Findlay who has only just had his first MLS start yesterday for Philadelphia Union. Kept out most of the time by Jack Elliott (eligible for Scotland through both parents) who played ‘College Soccer’ before the MLS. Wasn’t Findlay in and out of the Kilmarnock team before he left too? I don’t know how good he is, but I do have a feeling as he’s someone we missed out on he’s deemed to be better than he actually is.

Yeah him. I meant if that's the profile of player we're looking at I'm happy - good Premiership experience, good age, fringe Scotland player, part of a good Killie team under Clarke, the attributes we need in a CB.... Definitely someone we could have developed. Struggling to think of another CB with his experience and attributes at that age in Scotland who would be a realistic target for us. 

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not at all. They might be interested but as part of a squad. We would be guaranteeing him a game, so far as you can and that's the most important thing for him now it seems. 

Probably why Mitchell came our way 

Pretty sure Mitchell came our way as Derby signed another left back instead. (If they ever were interested in the first place) Dunne would take Swansea over us even if it was starting on the bench as he’ll have faith in his own ability, like all younger players do, that he’ll break into the first team. If he’s still not getting regular first team football at 25/26 then I can see him lowering demands for such a move. But again, we have no idea if Swansea are even interested but if they are we don’t stand a chance.

26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah him. I meant if that's the profile of player we're looking at I'm happy - good Premiership experience, good age, fringe Scotland player, part of a good Killie team under Clarke, the attributes we need in a CB.... Definitely someone we could have developed. Struggling to think of another CB with his experience and attributes at that age in Scotland who would be a realistic target for us. 

To be frank I can’t see Savage looking at the Scottish market in the slightest.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

How did you respond? Did you say "oh no he doesn't"

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

To be frank I can’t see Savage looking at the Scottish market in the slightest.

He already has. We were in for Findlay and looked at Regan and Campbell apparently. In all cases they’re now making a lot more money elsewhere, which is the main obstacle for us and other teams in Scotland.

BackOfTheNet
36 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Drebin.jpg

Don't call me Shirley

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He already has. We were in for Findlay and looked at Regan and Campbell apparently. In all cases they’re now making a lot more money elsewhere, which is the main obstacle for us and other teams in Scotland.

The Findlay one seemed to be legitimate, but was it ever confirmed? Regan and Campbell both said they were never approached. Have to remember Savage doesn’t work alone as he’ll have a team of scouts, including Murray who’s apparently still on the books, who will scout players like Regan and Campbell and report back. That shows the club is showing minimal interest, doesn’t mean Savage even considered them as genuine targets at any point though.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don't call me Shirley

The Findlay one seemed to be legitimate, but was it ever confirmed? Regan and Campbell both said they were never approached. Have to remember Savage doesn’t work alone as he’ll have a team of scouts, including Murray who’s apparently still on the books, who will scout players like Regan and Campbell and report back. That shows the club is showing minimal interest, doesn’t mean Savage even considered them as genuine targets at any point though.

Thats a very odd take. 

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

A Scottish player currently playing his trade in the championship?

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thats a very odd take. 

In what way? I don’t see any evidence to the contrary.

Swansea City are closing in on a deal to sign former Hearts defender Jimmy Dunne. 

The 23-year-old is out of contract this summer with his deal at Burnley set to expire at the end of this month. 

The former Manchester United defender was a fans favourite at Tynecastle but a return to Hearts this summer was financailly unrealistic.

Preston are also interested in Dunne with Burnley due a development fee for the central defender.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

This will be hard for many to understand & take.

Get himself a nice house down the Gower.

The Gower is nice. Swansea however is like Pilton with more drugs. Twin town,brilliant film, sums it up.

millerjames398
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The Gower is nice. Swansea however is like Pilton with more drugs. Twin town,brilliant film, sums it up.

Pretty.shitty.city...

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***