***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Michael Smith contract extension until 2026 to be announced imminently…

Unless we are signing another Michael Smith. Common name. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Unless we are signing another Michael Smith. Common name. 

Or someone with the name Michael. OR someone with the name Smith. That should narrow it down a bit…

41 minutes ago, 151 said:

Very competitive top flight next season, the only "easy game" it would appear is Ross County at Home or Livvy Home. 

We really need to be strengthening and there should be money available considering we just shifted 12 or 13 players.

There are no easy games.

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Or someone with the name Michael. OR someone with the name Smith. That should narrow it down a bit…

Yep, a few hours on wiki and we’ll have cracked it 👍

6 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Haring had a similar record in Austria and we were all expecting a psycho.

Well remembered.😉

5 hours ago, PapaShango said:

No signings yet? 

I signed up as a guarantor for my grandson today, does that count?

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There are no easy games.

I know that but when you have County at Home coming up you are confident of 3 pts. Usually.

5 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Know anything about Zvonimir Šarlija?

I think there’s a good restaurant there🤗

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, a few hours on wiki and we’ll have cracked it 👍

Could of course be a N. Irish defender we’re signing

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could of course be a N. Irish defender we’re signing

1 minute ago, erskinehearts said:

announcing Smith as new captain 🤔

Could be a better shout from Erskine. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Lovely thing to do.

Thanks. I’m not worried about it, he has his head firmly screwed on in the right place.

Edited by Jumper

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could be a better shout from Erskine. 

Would surprise me, considering Gordon was captain when Naismith wasn’t playing and Souttar was captain ahead of Smith previously.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Michael Smith contract extension until 2026 to be announced imminently…

Hope not. 

11 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

announcing Smith as new captain 🤔

Remember someone itk on here said smith was leaving in the summer to move down south to his new house 😂

7 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Thanks. I’m not worried about it, he has his head firmly screwed on in the right place.

Very diffficult for young folk these days. Would hate to be starting out in life. 

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would surprise me, considering Gordon was captain when Naismith wasn’t playing and Souttar was captain ahead of Smith previously.

True. 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We've got Smith and Haring that can play CB in a three. So maybe one top notch Centerhalf and a RWB. Maybe we keep Popescu as emergency backup. Plenty cover there but we do need at least one CB who must be excellent. 

True, a younger back-up RB/RWB who is a bit more attacking than Smith plus one shit-hot CB could be all we need.

We no longer have a bloated first team squad...for the first time in years !!

Including players like Damour, Popescu and Roberts all of whom I think we want to move on there are only 19 players...with Brandon out until December as well

We could be down to 16 if we do move them on so we have to take advantage of this and sign quality not quantity

Like all clubs Covid will have impacted so lets not pretend somehow we are immune from it's impact in terms of income from all sources

There is though the chance to make changes without the wage bill going through the roof

We need a centre back, right full back cover or first choice, a striker at a minimum and no doubt there will be a midfield signing especially if we can move a couple on as above.

21 max for the squad with room for youngsters to break through would be my ideal and I'd rather we signed quality than numbers taking a risk on injuries of course and god knows there must be a time where we get lucky on that front.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Including players like Damour, Popescu and Roberts all of whom I think we want to move on there are only 19 players...with Brandon out until December as well

We could be down to 16 if we do move them on so we have to take advantage of this and sign quality not quantity

Like all clubs Covid will have impacted so lets not pretend somehow we are immune from it's impact in terms of income from all sources

There is though the chance to make changes without the wage bill going through the roof

We need a centre back, right full back cover or first choice, a striker at a minimum and no doubt there will be a midfield signing especially if we can move a couple on as above.

21 max for the squad with room for youngsters to break through would be my ideal and I'd rather we signed quality than numbers taking a risk on injuries of course and god knows there must be a time where we get lucky on that front.

If we move on the three you mention I think five signings should be more than enough if they are first team quality, even if we sign a quick right back, powerful and imposing left sided centre back, box to box midfielder full of energy and a striker with some pace then I think we can allow for the fifth signing to be a younger “project”

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

My only concern is, are the youngsters ready? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bothered about youngsters making mistakes if there’s a decent chance of them making the grade. Recently, players such as Moore, Morison and Cochrane have been disappointing. If we are going with such a slimmed down squad, which I think is a good idea btw, we need more players like Michael Smith and Halliday who can play in a few different positions. 

Stendelnator

I see Regan Hendry has said we made him no offers to sign for us. Another one in the eye for the ITK brigade 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I see Regan Hendry has said we made him no offers to sign for us. Another one in the eye for the ITK brigade 

Don't think he was mentioned by anyone ITK

29 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

If we move on the three you mention I think five signings should be more than enough if they are first team quality, even if we sign a quick right back, powerful and imposing left sided centre back, box to box midfielder full of energy and a striker with some pace then I think we can allow for the fifth signing to be a younger “project”

One maybe two at most. The rest will be loans. 

Stendelnator
22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think he was mentioned by anyone ITK

It was around the same time as Charlie Mulgrew…

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Ouch, that's bad news. 

I thought it was pretty decent given Covid had struck and we were in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I thought it was pretty decent given Covid had struck and we were in the Championship. 

It is. Limits money to spend severely if most of the 11k takes up options 1 and 2.

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely a lot of fans were worried about there jobs and with not getting to the games I thought it was well done by all the fans that dug deep into there pockets.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Ouch, that's bad news. 

On course to beat it though, a couple of decent signings would help. 

This is a disappointing approach to the new season.  Not only are there no new signings but I feel that the quality of rumours on this thread is down on previous seasons.

Surely someone could say they've heard Jimmy Dunne is here and completing the formalities even if he isn't.

Gives us all hope.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This is a disappointing approach to the new season.  Not only are there no new signings but I feel that the quality of rumours on this thread is down on previous seasons.

Surely someone could say they've heard Jimmy Dunne is here and completing the formalities even if he isn't.

Gives us all hope.

Jimmy Dunne is here and completing the formalities. What now?

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Jimmy Dunne is here and completing the formalities. What now?

Currently in London unfortunately 🙁

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Currently in London unfortunately 🙁

Aye my post wasn’t serious. Is he from down that way. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

It was around the same time as Charlie Mulgrew…

You said ITK though  :lol:

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye my post wasn’t serious. Is he from down that way. 

I know mate lol. 

Well nah, he's Irish, lived in Manchester while playing for Burnley. I think his Mrs might be though. Think she's an actress so every chance. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know mate lol. 

Well nah, he's Irish, lived in Manchester while playing for Burnley. I think his Mrs might be though. Think she's an actress so every chance. 

👍. Hope he’s not getting wooed by some cockney outfit. 

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully Next week we see a flood of new signings. 🤞

Willo Flood confirmed 

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hopefully Next week we see a flood of new signings. 🤞

13 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Willo Flood confirmed 

We need whelms, not willohlms

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***