***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is that for Matt Hancock resignation 

Be the transport minister before you know it! 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, dexy said:

I'm not a regular on here, but I am season ticket holder and FOH contributer. 

I really don't have time to read 242 pages, can someone give a quick update on possible/likely signings?

Nobody knows anything. 

3 minutes ago, dexy said:

I really don't have time to read 242 pages, can someone give a quick update on possible/likely signings?

This is the quietest window in years and pretty much nothing has came out. Jimmy Dunne has liked tweets about him coming back to Tynecastle, that's it. The rest is ITK posting which is accurate barely ever.

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not in the slightest. Sorry, just in a good mood and feeling optimistic. 

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, dexy said:

There's a lot important info in those pages, you're gonna have to make time if you want to get yourself in the know on all our targets. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

There’s a game on tonight. Don’t use up all your boooo on me. 😀

Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, dexy said:

Just re-read this page mate, and you’re as up to date as anyone!👍

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There's a lot important info in those pages, you're gonna have to make time if you want to get yourself in the know on all our targets. 

A lot of shite as well tho 😂

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

😂😂😂… certainly some decent puns. 

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems about right. Bit concerning, that every team that has first whack at signing him permanently chose not to, but 30 games in Turkey, he has put a season together

Less encouragingly, it looks like they conceded 55 goals in those 32 games.

10 minutes ago, dexy said:

Simple, nobody knows possibly even Savage and Robbie.

Folk making up stories about us signing Jimmy Dunne and there have been reports of an Irish CB namedToal but other than that not a lot.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Less encouragingly, it looks like they conceded 55 goals in those 32 games.

Lets be positive, didnt get dropped, so it couldnt have been his fault, he was playing next to either Christophe Berracoglu or Michal Popesculu

Going by Twitter and some Turkish stats the Croatian lad had the most yellow cards in the league, but he was 2nd best in the league at one on ones defensively at 60% win rate 

TynecastleBC5
1 minute ago, jamle1874 said:

Going by Twitter and some Turkish stats the Croatian lad had the most yellow cards in the league, but he was 2nd best in the league at one on ones defensively at 60% win rate 

14 yellows in 32 games by the looks of it for the club he just left. Not a single red though.... Would be good to get a no nonsense centre back that can also keep the head when on a yellow and not risk a red. His long passing and tackling keeps being mentioned whenever I look him up. IF this is the guy in question.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

14 yellows in 32 games by the looks of it for the club he just left. Not a single red though.... Would be good to get a no nonsense centre back that can also keep the head when on a yellow and not risk a red. His long passing and tackling keeps being mentioned whenever I look him up. IF this is the guy in question.

Haring had a similar record in Austria and we were all expecting a psycho.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Neilson fond of a centre back from abroad, Ozturk, Augustyn and Rossi spring to mind

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Klaxon getting a test run as we speak?

I was out earlier and I thought I heard it. Turns out it was just a safety drill for the egg chasing match at Murrayfield tomorrow 😞

The waiting goes on.

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

From the posts on the thread this lad is giving me the Popescu's TBH 

I’m actually not a Popescu hater and I think people make him out to be worse than he actually is, but Popescu would not get a loan move to CSKA, never mind 11 games for them as a young player. Or play regularly in the Super Lig.

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk are absolutely bat shit mental. 

We're too auld a side. 

Need to sign yoof. 

Need yoof to come through the academy. 

Yoof should have played last season. 

News or suggestions that Robbie will play some yoof in the lc group stages 

Same folk..... 

Robbie isn't taking the competition seriously. 

Put the ****ing crack pipe down and have a day off. 

Change the record, its a forum for different opinions. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m actually not a Popescu hater and I think people make him out to be worse than he actually is, but Popescu would not get a loan move to CSKA, never mind 11 games for them as a young player. Or play regularly in the Super Lig.

Just likes passing to the other team too much for me, often suicidal

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He's one of the worst centre half's I can recall us having. He's had a couple of decent games but in the main he isn't good enough and makes at least a couple of errors every game. If we want to kick on then we need to improve on having him in the side. 

41 minutes ago, dexy said:

Page 78, loanee Ross Stewart pens a permanent deal.

Page 206, loanee Josh Ginelly pens a permanent deal.

...erm...that's it.

Shanghai Hearts
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

He's one of the worst centre half's I can recall us having. He's had a couple of decent games but in the main he isn't good enough and makes at least a couple of errors every game. If we want to kick on then we need to improve on having him in the side. 

Yep, he is terrible, as poor as I have seen for a long time plus and has a heid like a sheriff badge😀

11 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

We've had about 3 good shots at the league in about 40 year or so, isn't good enough for a club with probably biggest resources outside of the old firm or whatever they are now . We can't compete financially,  but we can make up for that with determination & spirit and a bit if luck thrown in too,   who knows , a few half decent signings   ???

There  you go that’s all we ever get EXCUSES, excuses about finances, no money to compete, and so on. It’s just one excuse after another when the real reason is that our club employ too many incompetent losers and the ones to blame for this disaster of a club is ourselves, the support, for allowing it to happen. Let’s face the truth since 1874 our failures outnumber any success by over 300 to 1. Sick of being a failure, sick of being promised things will get better, then get off your backsides and do something about it instead of moaning about everything under the sun.

This summer in fact every summer I pray we’ll all have a wake up call but I have no doubt nothing is going to change. I’m sorry but this had to be said.

Edited by mitch41

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Page 78, loanee Ross Stewart pens a permanent deal.

Page 206, loanee Josh Ginelly pens a permanent deal.

...erm...that's it.

Thanks. I haven't been following the thread as 99% of transfer speculation comes to nothing. Two sentence summary suits me.

2 hours ago, One five said:

I remember a couple friendly games against Fulham and Spurs not sure what the year was late 1990's I think , cant remember how much it was for the entry fee but it was a decent crowd for them both if my memory serves me well 👍

anyway back on topic let’s hope we get some good players signed soon👍

Yes please.👍

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

My point wasn’t we should play Popescu, my point was that the Croatian defender we’re apparently linked with being likened to having Popescu vibes is a bit off as Popescu would never have played at the level that Šarlija has. And I’m not saying Popescu was great or didn’t have brain farts, of course he did, but put it this way I would much rather have had him in the team than Berra last season.

Ainsley Harriott
20 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He was better than Berra last season

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He was better than Berra last season

Having a man s ent off was better than Berra last season

Popescu is one of those, if he goes, meh, if he stays, gives us cover in a crisis.  Don't seem to have a CH ready from youths as yet, with Flatman I'd assume going out on loan to get some time under his belt.  So cover happy to be cover not the worst thing I guess.

Souttar, Halks, Smith, 2xnew guys (one a nailed on started, the other maybe "potential") would give us 5, one of whom is our RB.  Popescu gives deep cover.  Don't really care either way!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Popescu is one of those, if he goes, meh, if he stays, gives us cover in a crisis.  Don't seem to have a CH ready from youths as yet, with Flatman I'd assume going out on loan to get some time under his belt.  So cover happy to be cover not the worst thing I guess.

Souttar, Halks, Smith, 2xnew guys (one a nailed on started, the other maybe "potential") would give us 5, one of whom is our RB.  Popescu gives deep cover.  Don't really care either way!

also at a push while i dont want to move him from midfield we could play haring at CH

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

also at a push while i dont want to move him from midfield we could play haring at CH

Aye definitely, though I do think we'd lose more moving him from mid than moving Smith from RB (I hope we keep Cammy Logan around this season)

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

There  you go that’s all we ever get EXCUSES, excuses about finances, no money to compete, and so on. It’s just one excuse after another when the real reason is that our club employ too many incompetent losers and the ones to blame for this disaster of a club is ourselves, the support, for allowing it to happen. Let’s face the truth since 1874 our failures outnumber any success by over 300 to 1. Sick of being a failure, sick of being promised things will get better, then get off your backsides and do something about it instead of moaning about everything under the sun.

This summer in fact every summer I pray we’ll all have a wake up call but I have no doubt nothing is going to change. I’m sorry but this had to be said.

Don’t blame yourself Mitch. 

48 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dunno about that. There's a lot of shit clubs in those leagues. 

Ainsley Harriott
27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Having a man s ent off was better than Berra last season

😂

52 minutes ago, Shanghai Hearts said:

Yep, he is terrible, as poor as I have seen for a long time plus and has a heid like a sheriff badge😀

Rusty?

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Rusty?

Nah it has six points to it and allows him to arrest people...i think?

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

No trialist tonight then 😂 annoying that 

Know anything about Zvonimir Šarlija?

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Dunno about that. There's a lot of shit clubs in those leagues. 

CSKA certainly ain’t in that category. And both the Russian Premier and Turkish Super Lig are of a much better standard than our league. Somewhere between English Championship and Premier League. And there’s a lot of money in the Turkish Super Lig especially. So I’d be surprised if we got him to be perfectly honest, must be on £5-£10k a week at least.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

No trialist tonight then 😂 annoying that 

You mean they have signed instead 😜

4 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Currently having rehab , in Croatia 👍🇭🇷

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Currently having rehab , in Croatia 👍🇭🇷

That was 22 hours ago, old news

10 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Probably as much as everyone else absolutely nothing can’t say I’ve heard of him, just a quick google of his name there I would be surprised doesnt really fit what Robbie is looking in for a starter. But could be the “what we need” player I was told about as a cover 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***