• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gnando

Mckay                    Boyce            Hastie

Haring     McEneff

Kingsley           Dunne     Souttar    Smith

Gordon

(just thought the thread could use one of these)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McKay would be one that could go either way. Sometimes a light switch comes on in a player that age, but with others its just a chore.

Would be in the middle category for me, no superstar but not there make up numbers 

34 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

From what I remember of him he was direct and had pace. One of those players who could potentially make something happen out of nothing with his pace and ability to go by a man. We need more of this type of player so would be decent signing in my eyes. Maybe be a bit hot and cold but if we are being realistic this is the type of player we will be signing. If he produced week in, week out for Swansea or Forrest he would stay in the champ or get a bigger move. 

This. Not sure where he would fit in but then we’re not sure what system we’ll be playing and we’re not sure if he’s going to better than what we have until he pulls a jersey on in anger. Hopefully signing him wouldnt stop us getting the quality we need elsewhere because we’re quite well covered in midfield but he COULD be a good signing.

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah, we have very fond memories of Jimmy, he was a good player for us, but we seem to be putting him on a pedestal. Would love to see him back, though its certainly true, Championship teams could outbid us, whether they wanted to is another question. I think Neilson will go abroad though, did it first time round think he will do it again, knows he can better value for that role

I’m not sure if any of the guys he signed would be better value, none of them were last time. Add in how difficult it is to get a work permit for someone that’s better value also. Signing Dunne would be signing a foreigner from abroad in football terms . 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Gnando

Haring     McEneff

Gordon

I think GMS and Ginnelly will be first choice don’t you “think”?

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

So it was his fault too that Hibs won the cup, ******* 😜

BackOfTheNet
On 27/04/2021 at 22:02, BEDNAR BOY said:

Barrie McKay

Of course we’re talking about McKay, but as we can see from the quote BEDNAR BOY has said the same before. And in May also. So could be utter nonsense and just a post they do each month.

21 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Gnando

Haring     McEneff

Gordon

Dunne going to Swansea this week so this fascination over him coming back can end . 

RustyRightPeg

McKay fits the midfielder from down south mould that I was told about 😌 we shall see.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure if any of the guys he signed would be better value, none of them were last time. Add in how difficult it is to get a work permit for someone that’s better value also. Signing Dunne would be signing a foreigner from abroad in football terms . 

Rossi did a good job for us, as did Ozturk for 2 seasons. Augustyn wasnt too bad though pretty old fashioned, these guys were good enough to have us top half. Would say Neilson actually did quite well in that area. Then I didnt think Kitchen was a bad signing either, pretty decent player to have when you needed to defend a bit more, not so useful when attacking

9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Dunne going to Swansea this week so this fascination over him coming back can end . 

What ? A guy on 20k a week who can go to any one of 20 odd clubs in England for not much less per week, and he doesn’t fancy Hearts on 2.5k a week. I’m staggered quite frankly…… who is he anyway ???

Edited by JimmyCant

rudi must stay

McKay is fantasy land if you can get him playing. Scotland call ups etc he has alot of talent. Hope it happens. Have a look at his video by Scotland's Talent on YouTube to get excited, 2016 I know but if he has that in the big it's exciting 

35 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Gnando

Haring     McEneff

Gordon

Kinda spunkworthy that team, though a lot would depend on Hastie and McKay finding some of their former stardust.

I'd also prefer Boycie up top if poss, so.....

Craig

Smith Souttar Dunne Kingsley

Haring

Hastie McEneff McKay

Gnando Boyce

Boyce can drop off, but essentially he's up top.  McEneff is more box-to-box than no 10 and gets himself past the lines and into the box, but will also sit and let Haring do that too.  GMS still to come in there, too.  But also....

Craig

Souttar Smith Dunne

Logan Haring McEneff Kingsley

McKay

Gnando Boyce

Ooft!  That might be it!!!!

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What’s with the Hastie thing?

is that rumoured?

I had heard Burton Albion he would go to.

Ok Master Yoda

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What’s with the Hastie thing?

is that rumoured?

I had heard Burton Albion he would go to.

He followed/follows Hearts on Twitter. But so did Louis Moult, so could mean nothing.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Kinda spunkworthy that team, though a lot would depend on Hastie and McKay finding some of their former stardust.

I'd also prefer Boycie up top if poss, so.....

Craig

Smith Souttar Dunne Kingsley

Haring

Hastie McEneff McKay

Gnando Boyce

Boyce can drop off, but essentially he's up top.  McEneff is more box-to-box than no 10 and gets himself past the lines and into the box, but will also sit and let Haring do that too.  GMS still to come in there, too.  But also....

Craig

Souttar Smith Dunne

Logan Haring McEneff Kingsley

McKay

Gnando Boyce

Ooft!  That might be it!!!!

Anyone who puts Dunne in a Hearts line up should be thread banned. The lack of understanding of the term ‘development loan’ is staggering. He was here ONLY because Burnley said he had to be here. Quite frankly he is better than Hearts and completely out of our range financially. He’s not coming back unless we get bought by a very rich American/Arab with big dreams and bigger pockets in the next 3 weeks

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Anyone who puts Dunne in a Hearts line up should be thread banned. The lack of understanding of the term ‘development loan’ is staggering. He was here ONLY because Burnley said he had to be here. Quite frankly he is better than Hearts and completely out of our range financially. He’s not coming back unless we get bought by a very rich American/Arab with big dreams and bigger pockets in the next 3 weeks

Whats he done that makes him better than Hearts?

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Haha, I don't disagree!  I'm playing fantasy "it's only a forum for talking shite" football here, dude!

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Errrrr. Played football at a much higher level for 10 times what we could pay him

mellors1874

Getting to the point where I think savage is another wasted wage along with the manager.

Hope they prove me wrong but I've had covid longer than it's taken them to sign someone.

Batistuta87
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Exactly this. People have him on a massive pedestal because he was at Burnely. We were his only successful loan and he was by his own admission quite rubbish at Sunderland and Fleetwood Town.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Haha, I don't disagree!  I'm playing fantasy "it's only a forum for talking shite" football here, dude!

We’ll you certainly ticked that box dude 😎

Just now, mellors1874 said:

Getting to the point where I think savage is another wasted wage along with the manager.

Hope they prove me wrong but I've had covid longer than it's taken them to sign someone.

That's a bit strong dude!  His job is more than transfers for a start, but let's see who we bring and how they do first, eh!

Batistuta87
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Errrrr. Played football at a much higher level for 10 times what we could pay him

Do you really think Dunne is on £30-40k p/w at Burnley? If so, you're absolutely cuckoo.

mellors1874
Just now, TheBigO said:

That's a bit strong dude!  His job is more than transfers for a start, but let's see who we bring and how they do first, eh!

As I stated hope the prove me wrong but so far feck all is happening and we've started preseason with no one better than last season in the door.

1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

I'd give it a bit more time yet. If we've not signed anyone by the end of next week, I'd maybe start to worry. 

1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

if we are looking at free transfers from english clubs most contracts end wed/thur this week so we would be looking at announcing them thur onwards

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Whats this higher level?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

We’ll you certainly ticked that box dude 😎

Ouch!  Yeah in all honesty though, without putting Mbappe in there, I do quite like an "almost imaginable but actually ridiculous" lineup type post to get the juices going.

Could do the same with X or Y instead of the outlandish guesses but where's the fun there!

Frankly this thread is as much use as a boaby flavoured lollipop, so as well have some day dreaming on it, no!?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Apart from his 3 Premier League appearnces he has played at a similar or lower level than Hearts.

His salary is just indicative of how much EPL squad players earn, not his ability compared to someone like, say, Souttar.

Just now, Cruyff said:

I'd give it a bit more time yet. If we've not signed anyone by the end of next week, I'd maybe start to worry. 

The bargain bins of Pounland have yet to be filled. Give it time, the transfer window isn't about to shut just yet.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Apart from his 3 Premier League appearnces he has played at a similar or lower level than Hearts.

His salary is just indicative of how much EPL squad players earn, not his ability compared to someone like, say, Souttar.

:spoton:

Just now, jambonian said:

The bargain bins of Pounland have yet to be filled. Give it time, the transfer window isn't about to shut just yet.

We want players in for pre season. We've seen what happens when we begin a season unprepared. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Ouch!  Yeah in all honesty though, without putting Mbappe in there, I do quite like an "almost imaginable but actually ridiculous" lineup type post to get the juices going.

Could do the same with X or Y instead of the outlandish guesses but where's the fun there!

Frankly this thread is as much use as a boaby flavoured lollipop, so as well have some day dreaming on it, no!?

Ron Burgundy - boy that escalated quickly meme

This thread gets worse by the day! 

PS I have no transfer rumours and have pretty much nothing to contribute 🙂

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

the club are selling neilson flavoured lollies?

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Steady on. English contracts haven't even expired yet. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on NB. 

7 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Either an attempt at humour or plain dumb .

I'm going for the latter

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Based on what? EFL contracts haven’t even expired yet and you’re already blasting a lack of activity.

I’m sure he just sits twiddling his thumbs playing football manager at work 🤨

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So he HAS played at a higher level and he does earn a lot of money then. The only point I was trying to make really. We can argue all day about where he is ability wise. I think he’ll be playing at a higher level than Hearts next season. Doesn’t matter a jot in the scheme things because he’s not coming here.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Do you really think Dunne is on £30-40k p/w at Burnley? If so, you're absolutely cuckoo.

It was rumoured he was on nearer £4.5-5k at Burnley. With the amount of wages saved by getting rid of the deadwood at Hearts, his wage wouldn't have been an unrealistic option. I'd rather we'd have signed 3 quality players on £5k a week each than the same amount combined being wasted on quite a few squad-fillers. Not that it matters anyway. He'd be far too ambitious a signing for us, unfortunately. I like the term speculate to accumulate. We won't be accumulating much money in future transfer fees.

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the club are selling neilson flavoured lollies?

Yup, his icelollies are perfect actually - not allowed to dribble

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Guess this means Sam is coming back..🙃

Nah, means we’re not signing anyone today unfortunately. Goal of the day against Hibs is standard practice. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***