***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

JamboJoker98
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Massive day for signings. Got a very positive feeling about today.

Is today whelmageddon??

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Is today whelmageddon??

Nah but Mondays Whelmbledon

17 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ha ha, think back to Lockie's team.  Lots of laddies with amazing ability but just no street smarts.

Take that forward to Andy Irving and Euan Henderson.  Great ability and in Euan's case, the basis of a great athlete too, but they seemed to be learning how to actually apply their skills within a game as they went.  Irving had so obviously never had real tactical focus and never really been drilled on transitions etc.  You can just tell.

It's why lots of our youngsters don't get a game when out on loan.  They'll be the best player in their squad at training but can't be trusted in a game.  THAT is the main thing that needs sorted taking our lads from 15/16 to age 20, and to be fair, looks like our main focus at the club at present.

Yeh I hear you mate. A lot of the things you say actually sound like me - fair enough I only play amatuer but I can do alot of things with a ball and look good at 5s etc won a few 5s tournaments and leagues but on an 11 a side pitch I have very limited experience and very often find myself struggling to get into a game and always seem to be in the wrong position. 

So yeah I do know what you mean. Because alot of our players look like they lack match awareness.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think you need some time out. 😄

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Which one? Is that the one that comes after Whelmsday?

You actually pronounce it as “Turds-day” as it’s the day that either precedes or follows a day of Whelm - usually a day where little to no Whelms occur

Ford Prentice
29 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Is today whelmageddon??

28 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Nah but Mondays Whelmbledon

On Saturday the Tour de Whelm starts. Maybe Damour will get on his bike.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

:jambobanana:

Can't see anything happening until next week. Even the English managers have said nothing much happening down south until after the end of June and that seems to be our main market. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Can't see anything happening until next week. Even the English managers have said nothing much happening down south until after the end of June and that seems to be our main market. 

They are all liars. 😄

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

I'm expecting the first week July to put the Vlad transfer windows to shame. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

:jambobanana:

Indeed. It’s finally here. The big day 👀

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

On Saturday the Tour de Whelm starts. Maybe Damour will get on his bike.

Hopefully.

A case of , “whelm meet again, don’t know where, don’t know whelm?”….

🤪

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You actually pronounce it as “Turds-day” as it’s the day that either precedes or follows a day of Whelm - usually a day where little to no Whelms occur

This seems logical. Certainly not outwith the whelms of probability.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ye in the ken all of a sudden big man?! Tell me you are!!!

8 hours ago, martoon said:

No idea what age you are, 1-5, but in the 80's and 90's winning a preseason friendly seemed, relatively speaking, quite important.

Like a building block toward the start of the real stuff.

I attended them back then but not anymore.

Anything more than a token amount entry fee seems like a rip off nowadays.

I think the last one I attended was v. Middlesbrough in '05 and only did so because it was free. 😊

I remember a couple friendly games against Fulham and Spurs not sure what the year was late 1990's I think , cant remember how much it was for the entry fee but it was a decent crowd for them both if my memory serves me well 👍

anyway back on topic let’s hope we get some good players signed soon👍

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ye in the ken all of a sudden big man?! Tell me you are!!!

Not in the slightest. Sorry, just in a good mood and feeling optimistic. 

Tommy Brown
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wish I had your faith GR.

I honestly dont believe we are even close to another signing at the moment.

It's been a disappointing window in that I thought we had set up targets akready and they would just need press release.

Due to the tightness of information,  I may be totally wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wish I had your faith GR.

I honestly dont believe we are even close to another signing at the moment.

It's been a disappointing window in that I thought we had set up targets akready and they would just need press release.

Due to the tightness of information,  I may be totally wrong. 

I’ve just got a feeling that when we do make signings it’ll be a bolt from the blue. With the squad trimmed down, I’m pretty excited about who we’ll get. Seems like it’s taking forever though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Really? Your first sentence would make sense if it was about the claim that RN said he would "play kids" in the LC. But, if you're having a pop at me, knock yourself out mate.

Haha, no I was agreeing with you :)

9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

In talks with a Croatian CB most recently playing in Turkey 24 year old.

Zvonimir Šarlija

Just now, Sir Gio said:

24 year old in 2013 right enough 🤪

😂 see my edit. Google and wiki colluded to **** me up. 

BackOfTheNet
23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not in the slightest. Sorry, just in a good mood and feeling optimistic. 

Is it yourself that has this uplift of whelms each morning? 😉 Pretty sure someone does.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Haha, no I was agreeing with you :)

…It was the way you said “in your own mind” 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Zvonimir Šarlija

Seems about right. Bit concerning, that every team that has first whack at signing him permanently chose not to, but 30 games in Turkey, he has put a season together

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is it yourself that has this uplift of whelms each morning? 😉 Pretty sure someone does.

Some mornings. This morning I’m particularly chipper as I’m off work and there are fans allowed into friendlies. Not that I’d go to friendlies, they’re shite, but it’s a good sign. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

…It was the way you said “in your own mind” 😄

Sorry I was eluding to the post you replied to! Should have made myself my clear :) !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Some mornings. This morning I’m particularly chipper as I’m off work and there are fans allowed into friendlies. Not that I’d go to friendlies, they’re shite, but it’s a good sign. 

Well it gives us something else to bitch about tonight. Maybe we could do the hat trick, Brora, Berwick, Cove, all in a nice straight line up the North Sea :)

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems about right. Bit concerning, that every team that has first whack at signing him permanently chose not to, but 30 games in Turkey, he has put a season together

Turkish club not paying wages is the reason he left looks a decent signing on paper 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sorry I was eluding to the post you replied to! Should have made myself my clear :) !

all good 👍 

Batistuta87

Don't know how legitimate the link to this Sarlija guy is, but he looks alright 👍🏻

Decent pedigree already it seems; fighting Russians with CSKA Moscow part of his past. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

24 year old in 2013 right enough 🤪

Would be quite incredible for a 24 year old to have run up 91 caps, right enough. We can't possibly have any interest as he's over 26, and hasn't played for Croatia for ages, 6 months ago, in fact:whistling:

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Well it gives us something else to bitch about tonight. Maybe we could do the hat trick, Brora, Berwick, Cove, all in a nice straight line up the North Sea :)

😂exactly. A chance to get proper raging about **** all. 

two coming in

1 A Total punt.

2 Happy enough. 

Still need a few more but not sure Savage is delivering the quality required.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

His first Turkish club did sign him permanently only to immediately sell him for €350,000. So can only imagine he can leave current team if he has a relegation release clause as they just got relegated from the top flight. Also, 11 appearances for CSKA at 22/23 in defence is not to be sniffed at. Could be wrong from the obligatory YouTube video but seems a left sided centre back: 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thinking ‘Trialist’ might appear on the team sheet tonight to whet the whelms…

Just now, Lfhearts said:

1 A Total punt.

2 Happy enough. 

Still need a few more but not sure Savage is delivering the quality required.

That was one of the fastest merges I’ve ever seen on kickback. Hats off to Dave and the team.  

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

Turkish club not paying wages is the reason he left looks a decent signing on paper 

But on grass or artificial surfaces...

He certainly does look good from his wiki stats. Imagine how we'd feel about signing a 32 year old CB who last played for Scotland 6 months ago, but unless there's something wrong with him that we don't know about, I can't see us being able to afford the wages of a 91 capped Croatian who played in the last World Cup final!

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Press conference 1pm

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

His first Turkish club did sign him permanently only to immediately sell him for €350,000. So can only imagine he can leave current team if he has a relegation release clause as they just got relegated from the top flight. Also, 11 appearances for CSKA at 22/23 in defence is not to be sniffed at. Could be wrong from the obligatory YouTube video but seems a left sided centre back: 

Thinking ‘Trialist’ might appear on the team sheet tonight to whet the whelms…

I'm not going to baulk at the thought of signing this guy, like I baulked at Popescu

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Happy birthday Jamie Walker by the way, and have a shave son, Rickie Fowler look has been done 😉

I'm not a regular on here, but I am season ticket holder and FOH contributer. 

I really don't have time to read 242 pages, can someone give a quick update on possible/likely signings?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***