***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Is the league cup beneath us? 

It's a distraction from the more important league placing and Scottish Cup. It's the top tier equivalent of the Tunnocks and I certainly didn't give a **** about that in the Championship. When it carried European qualification it had some prestige, but since that was dropped, I've genuinely not given a shite. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's a distraction from the more important league placing and Scottish Cup. It's the top tier equivalent of the Tunnocks and I certainly didn't give a **** about that in the Championship. When it carried European qualification it had some prestige, but since that was dropped, I've genuinely not given a shite. 

So if we were in the final you wouldn’t give a **** if we win or not ! Everyone to there own I suppose.

52 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looked like at at the tail end of last season after Souttar returned. Definitely need two new CBs whatever formation we're planning, or one CB and someone who can also play RB or LB.

We've got Smith and Haring that can play CB in a three. So maybe one top notch Centerhalf and a RWB. Maybe we keep Popescu as emergency backup. Plenty cover there but we do need at least one CB who must be excellent. 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Are we signing someone named league cup?

Tensions are evidently quite high aren't they. I think they need a scarf above heed to make them friends again.

The League Cup imo is the trophy we should do everything to win. How long is it now? 58 years? ****ing joke man. 

Just now, One five said:

So if we were in the final you wouldn’t give a **** if we win or not ! Everyone to there own I suppose.

Honestly? Probably no more than I would have celebrated winning the Tunnocks. Losing the final to St Mirren was more annoying for how poor we were rather than disappointing for not winning the trophy.

Bring back European qualification for it and I'd probably take an interest again but yeah, it just does nothing for me as a competition. Fully aware I'm in the minority though. 

Absolute Scenes

“Hearts transfer thread”

i know, let’s talk about Robbie Neilson chucking the league cup before we’ve kicked a ball. 
this effing place man

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Is the league cup beneath us? 

Aye coz the trophy cabinet is bursting at the seams!!

Win every competition we enter..thats the target,otherwise whats the point?

Was hoping we’d get a big ogre centre half from Eastern Europe by now, or at least a continental midfielder with a headband and an untucked shirt.

Ach well, guess we might as well give Berwick Rangers the points now :( 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You want to do well in everything but there is a sliding scale. 

Would love to win the League Cup but never will it equate to winning the Scottish Cup. 

The League just seems like an impossible dream and has done for decades 

31 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Are we signing someone named league cup?

Lee Gupp.    Mispronounced :rolleyes:

I think we should compete for all trophys.    And down wi' the 'ibz. 

I think if we can get the players in excellent physical condition that would be preferred.   I m not bothered how many senior players join the youths in the league cup.    If we can get a fair balance that would be OK. 

Anyone signing yet?   Anyone.   😢 

Edited by HMFC01

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, ericb said:

Robbie has already stated LC will be kids 

You just made that up.

RN has said nothing of the kind.

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

“Hearts transfer thread”

i know, let’s talk about Robbie Neilson chucking the league cup before we’ve kicked a ball. 
this effing place man

Your right mate it’s a transfer thread think we are all just a bit fed up waiting on  a new player signing 🤷‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

You just made that up.

RN has said nothing of the kind.

Say things often enough they become true.....well at least in your own mind 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, One five said:

Your right mate it’s a transfer thread think we are all just a bit fed up waiting on  a new player signing 🤷‍♂️

You've had 2 and should feel jolly lucky  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You've had 2 and should feel jolly lucky  :lol:

Your right think I’ll open a bottle of champagne 🙄

Norm's entitled to his view and I'm not being patronising is saying that.  I'm the opposite. Other than the biscuit cup, I want us to win everything and I'll be devastated if we don't put Berwick Rangers in their place on Saturday, never mind the league cup.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, One five said:

Your right think I’ll open a bottle of champagne 🙄

Some Pringles too!

45 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We've got Smith and Haring that can play CB in a three. So maybe one top notch Centerhalf and a RWB. Maybe we keep Popescu as emergency backup. Plenty cover there but we do need at least one CB who must be excellent. 

Popescu is a bombscare and needs to go. We need 4 quality centre backs to start the season. I’m sick of not having a good enough squad and continually moving players about, out of their position, is a sad indictment of a full time professional team that’s ment to be the 3rd biggest team in Scotland. Neilson & Savage need to have all positions good enough to have the right cover for the long season ahead.

gorgieheart

Klaxon....

Maybe the morra  ?  

Or just rain  ?

Smith__Souttar__New CB

thats how I’d like to see us line up, Halkett on the bench, if two of them are out at the same time then go to a back four

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If Henderson starts every LC group game it could turn out to be one of the best thing to happen to him/the team this season.

18 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Popescu is a bombscare and needs to go. We need 4 quality centre backs to start the season. I’m sick of not having a good enough squad and continually moving players about, out of their position, is a sad indictment of a full time professional team that’s ment to be the 3rd biggest team in Scotland. Neilson & Savage need to have all positions good enough to have the right cover for the long season ahead.

I think you've got a good point mitch and yeah, you're right, we should have the quality and depth that the size of the club would normally dictate. However, we have a budget to work within and that may mean that we can only afford one quality player in each of the areas we need to strengthen. I think the most likely scenario at Centerhalf is that we will sign one quality Centerhalf and another who will be someone we can develop. I don't see us signing 2 first XI Centerhalfs. 

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Smith__Souttar__New CB

thats how I’d like to see us line up, Halkett on the bench, if two of them are out at the same time then go to a back four

Been saying since O'Donnell was available ahout a year ago that I'd like us to sign a new RB and move Smith into the middle because I think he plays better there now that he's getting older. Someone like Devlin at Livi would do the job for me. I'm also convinced we're signing Jimmy Dunne lol so if we had Devlin, Smith, Souttar, Dunne, Kingsley at the back then I think that would be pretty solid. Halkett as backup, Popescu as backup backup. Devlin might also improve Halkett since they done well together at Livi. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If Henderson starts every LC group game it could turn out to be one of the best thing to happen to him/the team this season.

He must be eyeing up those games as a real opportunity to make his mark for this season. 

I don’t think anyone believes he is the new Robbo but he can certainly be the new Wayne Foster (and I mean that in a positive way!)

Bazzas right boot

Folk are absolutely bat shit mental. 

We're too auld a side. 

Need to sign yoof. 

Need yoof to come through the academy. 

Yoof should have played last season. 

News or suggestions that Robbie will play some yoof in the lc group stages 

Same folk..... 

Robbie isn't taking the competition seriously. 

Put the ****ing crack pipe down and have a day off. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

“Hearts transfer thread”

this effing place man

Nae transfers happening so threads a waste of space.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Honestly? Probably no more than I would have celebrated winning the Tunnocks. Losing the final to St Mirren was more annoying for how poor we were rather than disappointing for not winning the trophy.

Bring back European qualification for it and I'd probably take an interest again but yeah, it just does nothing for me as a competition. Fully aware I'm in the minority though. 

Seriously at the wind up

I guess all those hundreds of trophies we have won over the years has made you complacent 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You want to do well in everything but there is a sliding scale. 

Would love to win the League Cup but never will it equate to winning the Scottish Cup. 

The League just seems like an impossible dream and has done for decades 

We've had about 3 good shots at the league in about 40 year or so, isn't good enough for a club with probably biggest resources outside of the old firm or whatever they are now . We can't compete financially,  but we can make up for that with determination & spirit and a bit if luck thrown in too,   who knows , a few half decent signings   ???

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Norm's entitled to his view and I'm not being patronising is saying that.  I'm the opposite. Other than the biscuit cup, I want us to win everything and I'll be devastated if we don't put Berwick Rangers in their place on Saturday, never mind the league cup.

Any time we win a national trophy is a momentous occasion.  

The Scottish is more prestigious, of course it is but does any club try harder in that than the league cup just because there's a trip to Malta if you win it?  Of course not.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The League Cup imo is the trophy we should do everything to win. How long is it now? 58 years? ****ing joke man. 

This. 

Hearts should be looking to win every single game they play, be it a Premiership match, Scottish Cup Game, League Cup game or a ****ing friendly, otherwise what's the ****ing point in being a football club in the first place? 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Say things often enough they become true.....well at least in your own mind 

Really? Your first sentence would make sense if it was about the claim that RN said he would "play kids" in the LC. But, if you're having a pop at me, knock yourself out mate.

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This. 

Hearts should be looking to win every single game they play, be it a Premiership match, Scottish Cup Game, League Cup game or a ****ing friendly, otherwise what's the ****ing point in being a football club in the first place? 

Someone even older than me may correct me but winning the League cup (more than once ?) was the prelude to winning Scottish cup and league titles . Unfortunately rounded off by winning LC in 62 and then fekk all for quite a while 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This. 

I agree re competitive matches but friendlies are more about trying out formations and/or players.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I agree re competitive matches but friendlies are more about trying out formations and/or players.

True but we surely we would still want us to win a friendly , but yeah I get your point.

davemclaren
Just now, One five said:

True but we surely we would still want us to win a friendly , but yeah I get your point.

I’m sure we want to win but it’s not necessarily the most important outcome. I forgot to include bringing back injured players. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I’m sure we want to win but it’s not necessarily the most important outcome. I forgot to include bringing back injured players. 

👍

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

A bit early to be jumping to conclusions like that is it not? 

Never one for not jumping!

7 minutes ago, ericb said:

I'm calling that a draw.  While the article completely vindicates your claim, it would have been remarkable if Neilson had stated the opposite 

22 minutes ago, One five said:

No idea what age you are, 1-5, but in the 80's and 90's winning a preseason friendly seemed, relatively speaking, quite important.

Like a building block toward the start of the real stuff.

I attended them back then but not anymore.

Anything more than a token amount entry fee seems like a rip off nowadays.

I think the last one I attended was v. Middlesbrough in '05 and only did so because it was free. 😊

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm calling that a draw.  While the article completely vindicates your claim, it would have been remarkable if Neilson had stated the opposite 

Yeah, agreed.

Neilson just says that young players "will be involved" in the League Cup games which is what we would all expect and a bit different from playing the kids. He also says that the friendlies will be a chance for them to stake a claim so I think he's just trying to incentivise and motivate the young players.

I'd still expect a generally experienced team against Peterhead. Got to be a strong chance Henderson will start and he might throw one other in there such as Cammy Logan for example if we go 3 at the back and we haven't signed a CB.

Or it could be 11 new signings by that time!

Aussie Jambo

Have we actually signed anyone outside our own players?

I’ve been too engrossed with Euro20 to take any notice. 

Did see our first day back at training video on YouTube though. 

giphy.gif

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Massive day for signings. Got a very positive feeling about today.

All's whelm that ends whelm?  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***