Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Do women get these too?

'Men in my area who want to meet me for sex tonight' 

That would be so true.:lol:

Surely not. Mind you, I’ve met some women where that would be their best chance 😀

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

He has ****.   You’ve maybe never caught his more thought out posts?  

Na , I blocked him a long time ago. I only see the posts where he is quoted. Theres a few on here him included who just shout as loudly as possible continually and its the same thing every post. There is not teo

sides to anything with them. As I said broken clocks and all that.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So, what you're saying is if we were taken over by a billionaire and skoosh the league with Rangers and Celtic in it because we're spending even more than them you STILL wouldn't be happy?

What I'm saying is to put into context what success means. This whole season has been punching down and we've not even done that well. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Somethings are believable. 🤔

😂😂😂. I think I can guess which part you believe. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Saturday will see Heart of Midlothian host Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the final home match of the 2020/21 campaign.

The Jambos head into the game having already won the Championship title in what has been, undoubtedly, the most challenging year in living memory.

The campaign has seen its ups and its downs. There have been some memorable moments and there have been some tough periods. What is beyond doubt, however, is that Hearts are worthy winners of the league and this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved, given how competitive the division has been, and we now begin to look forward to our return to the top flight.

Not having our fans inside Tynecastle, for the entirety of the season, has been a big blow and the club is extremely thankful and grateful for the support we have received from afar.

We understand the views of some supporters that we should not lift the trophy on Saturday. However, our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back out of, notoriously, the most difficult league in Scotland to win promotion from, in the most challenging circumstances imaginable.

At full time the first team will collect their winners’ medals and our captain, Steven Naismith, will lift the trophy – respectfully and to honour the players’ achievement – before returning to the dressing room. There will be no fanfare, there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch, given the absence of our fans.

This act will be an act of respect. Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season, respect to our opponents who would love to be in our position and respect to the fans who continue to back the club in an unprecedented fashion.

We will always conduct ourselves in a manner befitting this great club. We will always do the right thing, no matter the circumstances. We are Always Hearts.

‐--‐-------------------------

Saturday will see Heart of Midlothian host Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the final home match of the 2020/21 campaign.

The Jambos head into the game having already won the Championship title in what has been, undoubtedly, the most challenging year in living memory.

The campaign has seen its ups and its downs. There have been some memorable moments and there have been some tough periods. What is beyond doubt, however, is that Hearts are worthy winners of the league and this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved and we now begin to look forward to our return to the top flight.

Not having our fans inside Tynecastle, for the entirety of the season, has been a big blow and the club is extremely thankful and grateful for the support we have received from afar.

We understand the views of some supporters that we should not lift the trophy on Saturday and we recognise that anger due to the vast majority of SPLF clubs, at the behest of the SPFL board voting to unfairly demote us last season.  However, our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back up.

At full time the first team will collect their winners’ medals and our captain, Steven Naismith, will lift the trophy – respectfully and to honour the players’ achievement – before returning to the dressing room. There will be no fanfare, there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch.

Only Hearts.

---------------------------

My 30 second proof reading and changes in bold.

It's a good edit but I'm not convinced our club should pander to the more excitable (and let's be honest, childish) sections of our support any more than it has been doing. The statement was very reasonable and fine. We made it very clear last year how we felt about the SPFL and other clubs.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Surely not. Mind you, I’ve met some women where that would be their best chance 😀

🤣🤣🤣 , good question though , surely they must do , unless the ads work are sexist in thinking oh footie forums etc are being visited therefore must be a bloke. 

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like he did last summer if by turn it around you mean turn a losing team that fails in its main job into a winning one that succeeds in its main job? Don't most managers have 6 weeks to build a fresh team and turn things around every summer?

And you mean like the owners of the 12 biggest football clubs in the world? I never heard our other owners criticised so much for "not knowing about football" despite them also making horrendous decisions (far worse actually than Budge - merging Hearts and Hibs, moving to Murrayfield, take your pick from Romanov's). 

What COULD be the thing that makes Budge different I wonder 🤔

Budge knows feck all about football.

She has this "nanny" like mind set  were managers and coaches  are wrapped in fecking cotton wool because they are her mates. CL is a prime example and she is going down the same fecking route with RN...  Total and utter soul destroying . Her decision making on any football matters has been horrendous . 

Edited by maroonlegions

Guest ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

What I'm saying is to put into context what success means. This whole season has been punching down and we've not even done that well. 

Fair enough, every trophy is an achievement for me because football isn't as simple as the clubs with the most money winning all the time. I loved the last Championship and considered it a real achievement. Others didn't seem to want to. This one it's different. It's not an achievement. A simple "job done" is enough for me and that seems to be the general tone of the "celebrations" from fans and players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

She has this nanny like mind were mangers are wrapped in fecking cotton wool because they are her mates. CL is a prime example and she is going down the same fecking route with RN...  Total and utter soul destroying . Her decision making on any football matters has been horrendous . 

Fair enough, at least she didn't try to takeover our rivals and knew enough to know how important Tynecastle is to us. She also knew enough to know that fans would rather have a club than risk not having one. So she's ahead of Mercer, Robinson and Romanov for me.

Amazing she has all these football "mates" despite not knowing anything about football. Let's be honest she knows as much (as little) as we do.

Edited by ToqueJambo

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough, at least she didn't try to takeover our rivals and knew enough to know how important Tynecastle is to us. She also knew enough to know that fans would rather have a club than risk not having one. So she's ahead of Mercer, Robinson and Romanov for me.

Yes on those points i agree.But for me her time is up..Time to move on and let the real football brains take our club forward.  

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Yes on those points i agree.But for me her time is up..Time to move on and let the real football brains take our club forward.  

Who are the real football brains? For what it’s worth I think she should stand back as ‘Exec Chair’ once FoH take over. 

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t knock it. There are ‘women in my area who want to meet me for sex tonight’. This literally never happened before the internet. 

Apparently, sexy Asian girls are interested in me. Result!

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who are the real football brains? For what it’s worth I think she should stand back as ‘Exec Chair’ once FoH take over. 

Well, certainly not her. CL. or our current manager..   Not hard to see that we are just not bonding on the park. 

Someone with a bit "more" football "understanding" or has a plan "b" when its not working, those kind of football brains than the utter impostors we have at our club just now. Oh and John Murray....  :getout:

wattie exploited

bit of a storm in the tea cup !!!!!!!!!!! we won the league  so let the players enjoy their medals lift up the cup and move on you cant change the past !!!!!!!!!

lets try moving forward and hope to have a good new season :rifle:

there has been to much bitter arguing on here we need to look forward and see what players we get in and hopefully we kick on after 5 years of shit :rifle:

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I've also often wondered where the football brains are hiding in football club boardrooms around the world. The Super League fiasco highlighted a severe lack of brains or even common sense, let along football knowledge, at the very top of the game.

Who are these people just waiting in the wings to transform a club like ours with their football and business know-how?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Can't get too excited about winning a league we shouldn't be in (though not winningit would be unthinkable). Probably would leave the ground before the presentation if fans were allowed in the ground. Feels a bit like one of those end of season laps of honour that we had when finishing 4th and qualifying for Europe, fare enough well done but the minimum we should expect from HMFC. When you realise European qualification is a distant memory you realise how pitifully we have performed for 5 years now.

Nobody gives a shit what we do with the trophy. Nobody outside Hearts care if we won or not, nobody care if we lift it or set fire to it. Pointless thing to worry about, same as moaning about a guard of honour.

45 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The campaign has seen its ups and its downs. There have been some memorable moments and there have been some tough periods. What is beyond doubt, however, is that Hearts are worthy winners of the league and this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved, given how competitive the division has been, and we now begin to look forward to our return to the top flight.

We understand the views of some supporters that we should not lift the trophy on Saturday. However, our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back out of, notoriously, the most difficult league in Scotland to win promotion from, in the most challenging circumstances imaginable.

At full time the first team will collect their winners’ medals and our captain, Steven Naismith, will lift the trophy – respectfully and to honour the players’ achievement – before returning to the dressing room. There will be no fanfare, there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch, given the absence of our fans.

This act will be an act of respect. Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season, respect to our opponents who would love to be in our position and respect to the fans who continue to back the club in an unprecedented fashion.

We will always conduct ourselves in a manner befitting this great club. We will always do the right thing, no matter the circumstances. We are Always Hearts.

The campaign has seen its ups and its downs. There have been some memorable moments and there have been some tough periods. What is beyond doubt, however, is that Hearts are worthy winners of the league and this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved and we now begin to look forward to our return to the top flight.

We understand the views of some supporters that we should not lift the trophy on Saturday and we recognise that anger due to the vast majority of SPLF clubs, at the behest of the SPFL board voting to unfairly demote us last season.  However, our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back up.

At full time the first team will collect their winners’ medals and our captain, Steven Naismith, will lift the trophy – respectfully and to honour the players’ achievement – before returning to the dressing room. There will be no fanfare, there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch.

Only Hearts.

Not surprised at all. 

not renewing season ticket anyway until Budge and Bob are gone had enough 

Saint Jambo

Happy enough with the decision.

The statement is the issue. To be honest not sure it needed a statement. If they had just done this, that would have shown the fans that they aren't over celebrating. And just don't acknowledge the debate around accepting a trophy from the SPFL who screwed us over. Then move on.

But if you are going to release a statement, make it better than that one. The club really are clueless when it comes to PR. There were two reasons fans were suggesting leaving it - anger at the SPFL/other clubs and poor performances. So if you are releasing a statement saying you are not going to take up the suggestion of that portion of your supporter base, you need to use the statement to build some bridges by showing that you understand and agree with them, not just saying you understand them. So inject some passion into the statement about being back where we belong, never should have been here, and not forgotten the actions of the SPFL last summer. If you are going to talk about showing respect, talk about the other players in the league, not the other clubs. Then when talking about the effort put in by the players, fine make that argument, but don't go overboard. Don't talk about 'hard yards', how competitive the league has been and how its the hardest in the country to win (clearly untrue, we've won it three times in my lifetime, but never won the top division). Then try not to end by suggesting that the fans that suggested not accepting the trophy were suggesting an action not befitting of the club. A general rule Hearts could adopt is not to criticise your customers, many of who will soon be your owners. It comes across as more lecturing of the fans, which is another pattern with our god awful statements.

Someone above said it could have been shorter. Spot on. Take it down to two or three paragraphs. Show a bit of passion in defence of the club and don't lecture your fans. Job done. It really shouldn't be this hard to get the comms right.

Now I admit that I have been living under a rock for a few months but in relation to HMFC inning the Championship I have a question or two.

Have the SPFL said that we "will definitely" be promoted to the top league for winning the league we are currently in?

Have the SPFL said that the bottom team in the SPL definitely be relegated at the end of this season?

I am unable to remember that the Championship were given any guarantees from the SPFL that promotion of the winners was cast in stone.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Happy enough with the decision.

The statement is the issue. To be honest not sure it needed a statement. If they had just done this, that would have shown the fans that they aren't over celebrating. And just don't acknowledge the debate around accepting a trophy from the SPFL who screwed us over. Then move on.

But if you are going to release a statement, make it better than that one. The club really are clueless when it comes to PR. There were two reasons fans were suggesting leaving it - anger at the SPFL/other clubs and poor performances. So if you are releasing a statement saying you are not going to take up the suggestion of that portion of your supporter base, you need to use the statement to build some bridges by showing that you understand and agree with them, not just saying you understand them. So inject some passion into the statement about being back where we belong, never should have been here, and not forgotten the actions of the SPFL last summer. If you are going to talk about showing respect, talk about the other players in the league, not the other clubs. Then when talking about the effort put in by the players, fine make that argument, but don't go overboard. Don't talk about 'hard yards', how competitive the league has been and how its the hardest in the country to win (clearly untrue, we've won it three times in my lifetime, but never won the top division). Then try not to end by suggesting that the fans that suggested not accepting the trophy were suggesting an action not befitting of the club. A general rule Hearts could adopt is not to criticise your customers, many of who will soon be your owners. It comes across as more lecturing of the fans, which is another pattern with our god awful statements.

Someone above said it could have been shorter. Spot on. Take it down to two or three paragraphs. Show a bit of passion in defence of the club and don't lecture your fans. Job done. It really shouldn't be this hard to get the comms right.

It's up to everyone how they interpret things. Personally, it didn't come across as a lecture to me. Calling the league "the most difficult in Scotland" was maybe taking it too far but obviously everyone knows they mean difficult for everyone else - Hibs, Rangers, Dundee, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, etc..... ?

I read that as highlighting how we've won it easily both times, unlike these other teams that need multiple attempts. So, it's a dig at how difficult OTHER teams have found it right? Surely no-one thinks they meant this particular season was any more difficult than others? They meant in recent times the Championship has been difficult to get out of - for other teams, not us. IN that respect, it IS an achievement, and maybe even more so this season if you're of the opinion that the pandemic made things harder and levelled the playing field a wee bit with no fans.

Edited by ToqueJambo

57 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like he did last summer if by turn it around you mean turn a losing team that fails in its main job into a winning one that succeeds in its main job? Don't most managers have 6 weeks to build a fresh team and turn things around every summer?

And you mean like the owners of the 12 biggest football clubs in the world? I never heard our other owners criticised so much for "not knowing about football" despite them also making horrendous decisions (far worse actually than Budge - merging Hearts and Hibs, moving to Murrayfield, take your pick from Romanov's). 

What COULD be the thing that makes Budge different I wonder 🤔

Listing other questionable decisions by other people is your argument?

Its been stated we turnover about 14 players a season when finances are tight. Been doing it for a while now. Teams such as Barca etc have the clout to do this. We don't.

Edited by Riccarton3

Guest ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Its been stated we turnover about 14 players a season when finances are tight. Been doing it for a while now. Teams such as Barca etc have the clout to do this. We don't.

I'm saying where are these great football brains? Certainly not at the top 12 clubs in the world going by the Super League stunt. And certainly not in the skulls of our previous owners.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm saying where are these great football brains? Certainly not at the top 12 clubs in the world going by the Super League stunt.

At St Johnstone, Livingston,, recruiting and planning on buttons.

I fancy Saints to turn over Rangers in the SC. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

At St Johnstone, Livingston,, recruiting and planning on buttons

Doesn't mean they'd do a good job when given more money. Craig Levein and JJ were good examples of people who were better working with tighter budgets than when given more money to play with.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Doesn't mean they'd do a good job when given more money. Craig Levein and JJ were good examples of people who were better working with tighter budgets than when given more money to play with.

If only Neilson and Levein had had  tighter budgets. Desperate argument. Bottom line you are only a couple of results from your baseless optimism being smashed. You have to look at patterns.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough, every trophy is an achievement for me because football isn't as simple as the clubs with the most money winning all the time. I loved the last Championship and considered it a real achievement. Others didn't seem to want to. This one it's different. It's not an achievement. A simple "job done" is enough for me and that seems to be the general tone of the "celebrations" from fans and players.

Our last Championship victory really was an achievement. To beat Rangers and Hibs (neither of which came up with us either lol) was a tremendous achievement. 

Think I'm still pretty salty, hopefully afterwards we'll see the back of Robbie and many of the players the put us here and can get some renewed sense of optimism back. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Is it too late to make Craig Gordon the official club captain? 

I think Gordon should be the club captain and team captain from next season. Unrelated to Naismith, just think Gordon knows the club and has a genuine affinity for the club. Makes sense. 

Nothing more epitomises the loser mentality at this club and why we don't lift trophies more often, than by winning the league and lifting the trophy.

Saint Jambo
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's up to everyone how they interpret things. Personally, it didn't come across as a lecture to me. Calling the league "the most difficult in Scotland" was maybe taking it too far but obviously everyone knows they mean difficult for everyone else - Hibs, Rangers, Dundee, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, etc..... ?

I read that as highlighting how we've won it easily both times, unlike these other teams that need multiple attempts. So, it's a dig at how difficult OTHER teams have found it right? Surely no-one thinks they meant this particular season was any more difficult than others? They meant in recent times the Championship has been difficult to get out of - for other teams, not us. IN that respect, it IS an achievement, and maybe even more so this season if you're of the opinion that the pandemic made things harder and levelled the playing field a wee bit with no fans.

People will interpret things differently, but there is still a skill to PR and getting the message right, which at the moment the the club don't seem to have.

Even if the club agreed with your interpretation, it was the wrong message to be giving. The statement wasn't the place to try and convince fans they are wrong about how succesful the season was. It was the place to acknowledge the frustration of some fans and then move on. Overdoing how good an achievement this was is not the right tone.

You are a PR person's dream, as you are clearly going to be happy basically whatever the club says (and I'm not saying that as a criticism, just a fact). So the PR person needs to think who this message is really for. It's for the section of support who didn't want the trophy lifted to demonstrate that while they aren't doing what those fans want, they do respect and sympathise with their feelings. It is another PR fail.

35 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Why do the club always have to go against the wishes of the majority of supporters. 

It’s just a cohort of jkb posters rather than the majority of supporters. You, or I , have no idea of the views of the majority of supporters re picking up the trophy tomorrow. Players have decided what they want to do and that’s fine by me. They are the guys who have won the league and taken 7 months of abuse from that same jkb cohort. Hope they win, pick up trophy and medals and enjoy their evening. It could well be the only senior winners medal some of these guys ever win. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

She has this "nanny" like mind set  were managers and coaches  are wrapped in fecking cotton wool because they are her mates. CL is a prime example and she is going down the same fecking route with RN...  Total and utter soul destroying . Her decision making on any football matters has been horrendous . 

Not true, utter shite in fact. 

CL had control over almost everything and he was relied on too much. 

We have JJ, a football CEO and Savage now. How much input does she have on the pitch, I'd say almost zero. 

She's not drawing up tactics, making signings, coaching or playing. Why does she need to know about football? 

Neilson is also  Litterally just head coach. 

If folk stepped back from their blind rage, dried their eyes and engaged their brain they'd realise CL and Neilson are completely different and that Budge has learned and we have a completely different structure in place.

Give it a chance, whoever is manager. 

20 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Will Doncaster be at Tynie tomorrow?

That's what I'd like to know.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Only Hearts.

Definitely prefer your version. 

Rocky jamboa

I couldn't really care if we pick the trophy up for this tin pot league or not but what a really poor statement from the club. The league hasn't been "competitive" at all. The other clubs are of such a poor standard. And the players don't deserve anything for stumbling their way out of this crappy league and giving us some the worst results in the history of the club. And saying this league is notoriously difficult to get out of! 😂 

The club is so out of touch with what's going on and the feelings of the fans. 

Let them have the trophy then move them on. Any Hearts player worth their salt wouldn't see winning the championship as something to be recognised for. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t knock it. There are ‘women in my area who want to meet me for sex tonight’. This literally never happened before the internet. 

Not for you it seems!

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

People will interpret things differently, but there is still a skill to PR and getting the message right, which at the moment the the club don't seem to have.

Even if the club agreed with your interpretation, it was the wrong message to be giving. The statement wasn't the place to try and convince fans they are wrong about how succesful the season was. It was the place to acknowledge the frustration of some fans and then move on. Overdoing how good an achievement this was is not the right tone.

You are a PR person's dream, as you are clearly going to be happy basically whatever the club says (and I'm not saying that as a criticism, just a fact). So the PR person needs to think who this message is really for. It's for the section of support who didn't want the trophy lifted to demonstrate that while they aren't doing what those fans want, they do respect and sympathise with their feelings. It is another PR fail.

Our PR is shit. Robbie's terrible with the media and Budge tries too hard to be all things to all people. I don't really care personally. People are so sensitive, yet are quite happy to lob insults at the club and people within it today in day out.

My least favourite ever owner was Romanov for where he ultimately left us yet I loved his statements!

Edited by ToqueJambo

57 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

How many players signed per season and dumped after less than 10 games? I.e. Why were they signed, why are they not coached/ improved, why give up so quickly?

Something stinks!

husref musemic
31 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's what I'd like to know.

id doubt he'd have the nuts to come to tynecastle. 

Disappointed by Ann Budge's decision but oh well.

Let the players bounce around on a platform while confetti flies everywhere, all without fans. Because the fans don't matter to Ann Budge anyway. We're in her bad books for even suggesting not lifting the trophy, which probably means more delays ahead of the FoH handover.

Edited by kila

It doesn’t bother me to be honest. No fanfare or the likes which seems fine. It’s up to them. I’ll be switching off anyway as soon as it’s over so it won’t affect me. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Why not wait until we see what the players do? My guess is they'll look more like players picking up losers medals after a cup final, ie distinctly underwhelmed. Every lift of the club is a silvery up yours to Doncaster, Dundee and co. Literally everyone wanted us to fail this season. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This reminds me of the massive stooshie on here and social media over season tickets last season. About a million threads kicking the club before they'd even brought out full details and explained how it would all work. They brought out full details and 99% of people were happy with them. Or I assume so, because those threads instantly stopped appearing. What a waste of energy. This is the same thing. The club let the players decide, which is a reasonable and mature thing to do, and the players made a reasonable and mature decision and gave a reasonable rationale for it. It's like when we're linked with a player in the Sun and folk go mad because they don't like that player then it turns out it was just the Sun making things up. Mental how people jump on every little thing to kick their own (supposedly) club.

This is about accepting an award the club fought tooth & nail not to even be competing for.

It spent £500K in the courts to avoid tomorrow's scenario.

And now it's pretending it never even happened.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is about accepting an award the club fought tooth & nail not to even be competing for.

It spent £500K in the courts to avoid tomorrow's scenario.

And now it's pretending it never even happened.

To be fair Neilson and the players seemed to be doing everything to avoid tomorrow's scenario from January onwards.

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )