Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

7 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Not lifting the trophy sends out a strong message. 

That message is more powerful than words as the pictures will be shown all over the world. 

Pictures say 1000 words 

Agree entirely. 

Leave it on the stand and enjoy the coverage we'll get. 

**** them.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Instead the club spent circa £500K on a legal case to end up smiling while it collects the trophy it fought so hard not to be playing for in the first place. Doncaster should be told in no uncertain terms what we think of that. 

A banner with only hearts and ft spfl on it with a picture or his head on a silver platter....... 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Player wants to be professional to other players. 

The players never voted Hearts down. 

Class is permanent. 

Calling our own player a "prick" ffs. 

Now the norm on JKB tho, it's tragic. 

Hopefully fans that go about calling our players pricks stay away from Tynecastle, for good. 

What :lol:

The irony of you calling out anyone to stay away from Tynecastle :lol:

He never said anything about the players - he said the clubs.

The clubs absolutely shafted Hearts, and therefore anyone willing to show any of them respect is a prick.

1 minute ago, 151 said:

Does that imply, the poster doesn't go to the games?

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agree entirely. 

Leave it on the stand and enjoy the coverage we'll get. 

**** them.

This.

**** every single club that wanted us to rot. They thought they would hit us while we were down.

How did that pan out you bunch of absolute diddies.

1 minute ago, lou said:

Does that imply, the poster doesn't go to the games?

Fairly sure ive seen him called out a number of times over the years.

3 minutes ago, 151 said:

If that's the case then it would explain why they seem to think we have done well this season, I remember when my kids were very young and I didn't attend matches weekly or have a season ticket, I found it harder to get worked up, but when you are emotionally and financially invested in something you probably have higher expectations

Really struggling to care enough to have an opinion on whether they accept it or not.

Just want these two last games to be finished so i don't have to think about this season again.

Tommy Brown

We made national news for getting ****ed by Brora.

Lets get on the news again, by leaving the trophy on the pitch and SPFL standing like plums.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Really struggling to care enough to have an opinion on whether they accept it or not.

Just want these two last games to be finished so i don't have to think about this season again.

Just trying to move on and forget this season ever happened.

New team, new coach & new chair would certainly help us to forget.

'Leaving it on the stand' for me is leverage that.

The club doesn't allow the SPFL to expect us to engage in over the top celebrations.

The club doesn't engage in over the top celebrations.

Any club official be it board member, coaching staff or player when interviewed recognises 2 things:-

1.  We were demoted by vote last season.

2. While champions, we also recognise it was an underwhelming season in reality and we only met one goal set out start.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just trying to move on and forget this season ever happened.

New team, new coach & new chair would certainly help us to forget.

I agree but none of those are likely to happen. New team maybe but Neilson's signings are usually dismal. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

the U.K. media assembled to see us dismiss the trophy. 😆

I think it will be 5 minutes each of

'and over to Tynecastle'

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, 151 said:

He never said anything about the players - he said the clubs.

The clubs absolutely shafted Hearts, and therefore anyone willing to show any of them respect is a prick.

Nah, Halkett is not the one being  a  prick. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, 151 said:

I've got a season ticket, stop  making things up. 

I've barely engaged with you, I just thought that calling  one of our players a prick was worth a response. 

You are sticking by it tho, well done. 

AB , pished, in the centre circle , screaming "sporting integrity, let's be 'avin' you" , a la Delia Smith. That might be enough for a reconciliation with the fans. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whatever happens, I won't be watching it. I'll watch the 90 minutes and then turn it off. It's as important as lifting a Festival Cup.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've got a season ticket, stop  making things up. 

I've barely engaged with you, I just thought that calling  one of our players a prick was worth a response. 

You are sticking by it tho, well done. 

Can't believe i've hurt someones feelings by calling one of our under performers a prick, but it seems to be totally okay for Hearts to be treated the way they were by other clubs :lol:

AlphonseCapone

With Naismith saying the club are speaking to the league, even if they do choose not to lift it, it won't be in some dramatic get it up you fashion. Seems like it'll all be choreographed as to not cause much embarrassment, and thereby defeating any point. 

I'm now in the who gives a shit either way camp. 

Just don't bother turning up for the last two games........😄

Edited by Section Q

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Just don't bother turning up for the last two games........😄

Thought we wanted to do something different?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Thought we wanted to do something different?

😂😂👍

We could try hitting a shot in the first half. 

Maybe even 2 or 3.

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

I thought that last season. The sad situation is we won the league and it should be a euphoric Saturday but the majority of performances have left me flat. 

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Whatever happens, I won't be watching it. I'll watch the 90 minutes and then turn it off. It's as important as lifting a Festival Cup.

East of Scotland Shield or Tennent’s sixes I would say. I remember we used to list our Division 1 title as an honour in the programme but thankfully no more. Not sure the front cover for the ICT match will go down well with some though. 

A69F4851-F3BC-4F96-BEB1-70D5F249F8C5.jpeg

7BAD7C29-86F0-45AD-B1DB-23D4767C30FA.jpeg

Clerry Jambo
28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Although I agree we should stick it up the SPFL,  winning the league is/was far more important than winning any cup imho. It gets us promoted and couldn’t have watched another season in that shitty league

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

East of Scotland Shield or Tennent’s sixes I would say. I remember we used to list our Division 1 title as an honour in the programme but thankfully no more. Not sure the front cover for the ICT match will go down well with some though. 

A69F4851-F3BC-4F96-BEB1-70D5F249F8C5.jpeg

7BAD7C29-86F0-45AD-B1DB-23D4767C30FA.jpeg

Officially ignored then ? 

davemclaren
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Officially ignored then ? 

Looks like it. Certainly, and rightly imo, not counted as a major honour. 

18Jambo_dave74

What a surprise. 

"Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season" is my personal favourite bit of the statement. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - being lifted ( merged )

The important thing is keep the pressure up. Hurt them in the pocket. Boycott away games. 

And of course win games next season.

"This act will be an act of respect. Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season, respect to our opponents who would love to be in our position and respect to the fans who continue to back the club in an unprecedented fashion".

Quite telling that the only one not worthy of respect in the official commentary is the Donkey that led them - Robbie Neilson.

'hard yards' 🤣

Probably more effort was put into that statement than these players have shown for 90% of the season. 😛

Ron Burgundy

there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch, given the absence of our fans.

If the fans where there there would be nothing but poison from the stands. Party?? Shows how out of touchthey are.

6 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Another **** you to the fans 

Not really. Some fans maybe. Getting upset about these things is a choice. Doesn't make you a better fan.

August Landmesser

I was originally all for leaving it on the stand, but I'm ok with this approach too - take it, don't make a fuss, don't have a confetti cannon, and no wearing the lid as a hat (even though that's the whole point of a trophy win).

Grand, fine, whatever, two games to go.

6 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

What a surprise. 

"Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season" is my personal favourite bit of the statement. 

They are having a laugh, hard yards ha ha ha.....did Neilson write that himself ?

4 minutes ago, RDSK said:

“We will always do the right thing, no matter the circumstances.”

You have to laugh.

This.

Screw the fans, basically.

As for the players bit...:facepalm: When have so many players apologised in the media to the fans for their shit performances in a "championship" winning season. 

Correct decision.

It wouldn’t send any messages other than the fact that we’re bitter, understandably and rightly so, but we really need to start sending our messages on the pitch. Not by leaving a trophy which the team has won and brought us straight back up (albeit with some dreadful performances along the way).

At the end of the day, we’ve won the league at another first time of asking and and although it’s for the wrong reasons, this forms another part of our history which will be talked about long after our generation. 

Can’t wait to see the back of this season and whatever happens, kick back into the Premiership. We should never ever be in a position where a club of our budget and resources is sitting bottom of the top flight.

Edited by D4nny_

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )