Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

12 hours ago, luckydug said:

Tin hat on but I think we have made our point. 

I have not bought or watched a single stream for our non cooncil telly away games. 

I feel now though is time forgive but not forget so next season I intend to attend as many games as I'm allowed to assuming away fans are allowed. 

The team will need all the support we can muster for what will no doubt be a tough season. 

We should really be putting all this behind us and showing a bit of dignity. 

This is how I feel.

We lifted the trophy yesterday, but it also feels like a bit of a doom 'n' gloom has been lifted as well. Back in the Premier League next season and I can't wait to get back to games and support whoever pulls on that famous jersey.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

It was the right thing to do. We’ve been uninspiring a good few times this season and will need big changes but we were usually better than our opponents and we did what we set out to do, so fair play the players should get to have that moment with the trophy lift, some of them haven’t had that moment before and some wont get it again. We kept it low key, no fanfare, just a quick photograph and up the road, happy with that.

12 hours ago, luckydug said:

I have not bought or watched a single stream for our non cooncil telly away games. 

I feel now though is time forgive but not forget so next season I intend to attend as many games as I'm allowed to assuming away fans are allowed. 

The team will need all the support we can muster for what will no doubt be a tough season. 

Good post, I agree

edit: except Celtic & Dundee, they can feck off

Edited by boag1874

13 hours ago, luckydug said:

Not sure if we’ve made our point or not but I agree, time to move on. Have to hold my hands up that I don’t really go to away games anyway. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

It was the right thing to do. We’ve been uninspiring a good few times this season and will need big changes but we were usually better than our opponents and we did what we set out to do, so fair play the players should get to have that moment with the trophy lift, some of them haven’t had that moment before and some wont get it again. We kept it low key, no fanfare, just a quick photograph and up the road, happy with that.

A mate made the point that it was hardly a statement to leave it on the stand, considering how we've played.  I get that argument, but I also kind of disagree.  The "protest" isn't about this season, it is about last.  That shouldn't be muddied.

For me, the club as a whole hasn't matched the fans anger, starting with Zlamal to St Mirren right at the start.

What a chance to harness some real togetherness and ride it high.  I just think us vs the rest was possible but the club have gone for diplomacy all the way.

I get it, I don't overly disagree with it, even, I just would have loved some aggression, some guts,  THAT is what we need just now, and i think why lots of the support have now turned on Robbie and Ann.  We don't feel the club represents us just now.

As it is, anything with the trophy was going to be token.  We made a small statement.  I want Doncaster and McLennan in a packed Tynecastle.  That's what I want - I want us to be able to make it known.

31 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

A mate made the point that it was hardly a statement to leave it on the stand, considering how we've played.  I get that argument, but I also kind of disagree.  The "protest" isn't about this season, it is about last.  That shouldn't be muddied.

For me, the club as a whole hasn't matched the fans anger, starting with Zlamal to St Mirren right at the start.

What a chance to harness some real togetherness and ride it high.  I just think us vs the rest was possible but the club have gone for diplomacy all the way.

I get it, I don't overly disagree with it, even, I just would have loved some aggression, some guts,  THAT is what we need just now, and i think why lots of the support have now turned on Robbie and Ann.  We don't feel the club represents us just now.

As it is, anything with the trophy was going to be token.  We made a small statement.  I want Doncaster and McLennan in a packed Tynecastle.  That's what I want - I want us to be able to make it known.

FWIW  I don't think Doncaster would have been allowed to attend a full Tynecastle as neither the Police or the club could have guaranteed his safety. 

The Police would have asked him to stay away just as happened with  Wallace Mercer all these years ago at ER. 

3fingersreid

Decided not to watch the game , felt a wee trip to North Berwick a better option , but have I been told correctly that whilst ICT and Robbo gave us a guard of honour , one player S Allan didn’t applaud?

Not that I need another reason to despise a hibs player but that could be a wee added bonus if true 😉😀

9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Decided not to watch the game , felt a wee trip to North Berwick a better option , but have I been told correctly that whilst ICT and Robbo gave us a guard of honour , one player S Allan didn’t applaud?

Not that I need another reason to despise a hibs player but that could be a wee added bonus if true 😉😀

If that IS true - it says a lot more about him. When we went to lengths to ensure we didn't disrespect fellow players.

Was he on Sportscene last night? No doubt Jonathan would have quizzed him about it...

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Boof said:

If that IS true - it says a lot more about him. When we went to lengths to ensure we didn't disrespect fellow players.

Was he on Sportscene last night? No doubt Jonathan would have quizzed him about it...

it’s defo true 

19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

someone should have proof read that or did we play aaron mceneuffs twin aiden yesterday?

53 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Was Robbo there?

William H. Bonney

Who cares if he didn’t applaud the team. Don’t think we applauded Celtic a couple of years ago. 
A guard of honour is a silly thing anyway. 

Looks like the players lead by Naismith took it upon themselves to show their contempt. In spite of Budge’s effort to be pals with everyone and in general not get how football works. The players moved up a notch for me. Don’t get me wrong they at a low bar at the moment but it’s a step in the right direction. 

alwaysthereinspirit
21 hours ago, indianajones said:

****ing loser club we are. 

Feels extremely shite being a hearts fan just now. 

Absolutely zero testicles. 

🤦🏻‍♂️For your own mental health you should probably stop “supporting” then until we’re back where we belong. Oh and It’s the big H when you write Hearts. At least I always do. It’s a bit of a respect thing. #!bs on the other hand I refuse to do correctly.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Who cares if he didn’t applaud the team. Don’t think we applauded Celtic a couple of years ago. 

Treat it as a compliment from.the wee hibs shite.  

Glad to see him back playing though.  Gives us further opportunities to make him hate us even more.  

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Correct. One or two players applauded sellik that day but most just stood and looked uninterested