Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

I think leaving it on the stand would attract a huge amount of negative publicity. 
Doing the bare minimum is fine with me. 

By having a public debate, we’ve made our point & it’s time to move on. 

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Steven Naismith to lift it and that's it. No fanfare etc.

No issue with that.

It’s the best option. Also a number of young fans will be watching. There are not many trophy wins so it’s good that they will see some sort of ceremony. We should now move on to the SPFL and boycott games including Easter Road once we are allowed back into Stadiums. 

6 hours ago, lou said:

According to Naismith the players are meeting today to discuss and 

“In all honesty, I don't know what's going to happen. The club are still talking about it,” he said. “I know they've been talking to the league and the different bodies. Personally, I can't emphasise enough that we are all in the same position in terms of the fact we shouldn't have been here.

Why on earth would we be discussing this with the league? 

Because the league is petty and could find a way to punish us for not upholding the professionalism of the game and instead bringing it into disrepute. Put nothing past Doncaster and his pals 

Italian Lambretta

Ah the old 'some supporters' line. A minority not real fans blah blah blah.

Our club is run by bottle merchants a total bunch of shysters that need removed from there positions of power.

Edited by Italian Lambretta
Edit

I don't mind at all if they want to lift the trophy but can we **** off with this "out of respect to our opponents" crap? 

3 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I think leaving it on the stand would attract a huge amount of negative publicity. 

Since Andrew McKinley came in the PR has probably changed. He would be a factor in this decision. It doesn't mean we're not still raging. Or doing things to protest. We have an impact in any votes for example. 

Still it would still be good to continue to force the point.

Boycotting away games next season is something the fans can do directly. 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

You know what gets bad publicity?

Losing at Brora.

You know what gets next to **** all publicity?

Leaving a trophy onthe stand.

Ah but good old Hearts, always doing the "right thing" as the rest of Scottish Football looks on and laughs at our powderpuff attempts to be a half-decent football club.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I was originally all for leaving it on the stand, but I'm ok with this approach too - take it, don't make a fuss, don't have a confetti cannon, and no wearing the lid as a hat (even though that's the whole point of a trophy win).

Grand, fine, whatever, two games to go.

agreed, it’s a fair compromise 

however she can stick the hard won crap up her bahooky 

14 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Meh 😑 

Agreed 🤣 hope you are keeping well pal

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I was originally all for leaving it on the stand, but I'm ok with this approach too - take it, don't make a fuss, don't have a confetti cannon, and no wearing the lid as a hat (even though that's the whole point of a trophy win).

Grand, fine, whatever, two games to go.

Agreed

8 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Correct decision.

It wouldn’t send any messages other than the fact that we’re bitter, understandably and rightly so, but we really need to start sending our messages on the pitch. Not by leaving a trophy which the team has won and brought us straight back up (albeit with some dreadful performances along the way).

At the end of the day, we’ve won the league at another first time of asking and and although it’s for the wrong reasons, this forms another part of our history which will be talked about long after our generation. 

Can’t wait to see the back of this season and whatever happens, kick back into the Premiership. We should never ever be in a position where a club of our budget and resources is sitting bottom of the top flight.

Agreed

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Since Andrew McKinley came in the PR has probably changed. He would be a factor in this decision. It doesn't mean we're not still raging. Or doing things to protest. We have an impact in any votes for example

Still it would still be good to continue to force the point.

Boycotting away games next season is something the fans can do directly. 

It is quite clear that our voice in the game is next to negligible so i wouldn;t go barking up that particular tree.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

AB , doing a pish in the centre circle , screaming "sporting integrity, let's be 'avin' you" , a la Delia Smith. That might be enough for a reconciliation with the fans. 

Ftfy

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Correct decision.

It wouldn’t send any messages other than the fact that we’re bitter, understandably and rightly so, but we really need to start sending our messages on the pitch. Not by leaving a trophy which the team has won and brought us straight back up (albeit with some dreadful performances along the way).

At the end of the day, we’ve won the league at another first time of asking and and although it’s for the wrong reasons, this forms another part of our history which will be talked about long after our generation. 

Can’t wait to see the back of this season and whatever happens, kick back into the Premiership. We should never ever be in a position where a club of our budget and resources is sitting bottom of the top flight.

This particular era will be talked about long after our generation...just not for the reasons you think.

I haven't had strong feelings about the lift it/leave it thing but this is probably for the best.

No big deal. Just lift it and exit without any fanfare.

Scottish football knows were pissed off.

Ccjambo1874

I'm not even fussy about us lifting. Could not matter one bit. But for the club to dress it up as some sort of hard earned achievement and that it's a difficult league just reeks of the acceptance of mediocrity that has settled in still for this club.

A club with our budget should be winning the league, not making it out to have been some close ran thing where we knew it was going to be tough.  Out of respect to the other teams lift it yes. But don't dress it up as some sort of glorious achievement. 

Just now, Ccjambo1874 said:

I'm not even fussy about us lifting. Could not matter one bit. But for the club to dress it up as some sort of hard earned achievement and that it's a difficult league just reeks of the acceptance of mediocrity that has settled in still for this club.

A club with our budget should be winning the league, not making it out to have been some close ran thing where we knew it was going to be tough.  Out of respect to the other teams lift it yes. But don't dress it up as some sort of glorious achievement. 

The club aren't acknowledging it in the honours list.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

This particular era will be talked about long after our generation...just not for the reasons you think.

You’re right, but I was specifically referring to the pandemic, football and hearts. 

Not because we’ve won two championship leagues at the first time of asking but the fact we were put into the Championship and won it in the first place.

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

There’s probably a convention you can’t list a league win until the last match is over. 

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

That's where I am. 

Not interested either way. 

Just get Neilson and Budge to ****

Ccjambo1874
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Could care a jot about it being in the honours list.

This is what irks me. They made it challenging themselves by playing awful football and struggling to beat teams well below their level and budget.

To paint it out as some sort of achievement is mind-boggling.

Again I'm fine with them lifting it as it would come across petulant and vindictive if we refused to.

IMG-20210423-WA0002.jpg

Edited by Ccjambo1874
Mistake

The fact that Budge herself isn't taking a shite in the trophy is categorical proof that the entire club is soft to the core.  PLEDGE CANCELLED

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There’s probably a convention you can’t list a league win until the last match is over. 

We don’t list our previous 2 second tier trophies. 

1 minute ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

This is what irks me. They made it challenging themselves by playing awful football and struggling to beat teams well below their level and budget.

Again I'm fine with them lifting it as it would come across petulant and vindictive if we refused to.

Of course it's an achievement.  We're celebrating in a fairly muted way.  What would you like us to do?

Hypothetically, if we had the biggest budget in scotland, would you not consider winning the top league, or gettiing into R1 of the champions league, as an achievement?  Were Celtic wrong to celebrate winning the cup against us?  

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We don’t list our previous 2 second tier trophies. 

It does say 1st Division - 1980, 2015 🤔 Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing.

We're  not lifting it, we are collecting it. Basically going through the motions.

The statement could have been worded better, but we are doing the right thing

Ccjambo1874
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Of course it's an achievement.  We're celebrating in a fairly muted way.  What would you like us to do?

Hypothetically, if we had the biggest budget in scotland, would you not consider winning the top league, or gettiing into R1 of the champions league, as an achievement?  Were Celtic wrong to celebrate winning the cup against us?  

I've got nothing against them going up and lifting the trophy. You're straying away from the point I'm making.

Let them the go up and lift it,  but don't dress it up in a statement to the fans as some fanciful challenge we've overcome when it isn't. We all know we'd win the league and we've struggled to do it in a fashion that fills anyone with hope for the following season. To try and make us see it as a poor season given the performances - especially since the cup final - have been awful.

The Apprentice

Sounds like it will be a case of Naismith lifting the trophy, a quick awkward smile to the camera and then off they pop. I'm not bothered either way to be honest as I doubt not lifting it would achieve anything in the grand scheme of things.

Fair play to the club for trying to paint it out to be some sort of major achievement though.

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

IMG-20210423-WA0002.jpg

The most difficult league in Scotland 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aye maybe for all the diddy clubs in it but not a club that can pull in 20k every week, gets 150k from its own fans every month and has far more resources in terms of infrastructure and finance than anyone else in said league. 

I really wish the club would stop making this out to be an amazing achievement and chucking Covid in as the difficult circumstance. We were training way before any other club, we were far more prepared than other club. We dwarf every other club in all areas. 

It's absolutely pathetic. 

Ex member of the SaS

The trophy is the least of our problems. Once we hit the close season all the crap games will be forgotten. Slowly the fans will start to build for next season and only if we have a poor start, will this season be brought up again, and by that time it's too late. Football fans are fickle and only the next game matters.

I am convinced this is Budge's approach and she is hoping we all play nice.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

The Highland and Lowland leagues were pretty difficult to get out of last year thanks to that prick fae Brechin and his chums.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

It does say 1st Division - 1980, 2015 🤔 Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing.

I just checked the matchday programme. 🤷‍♂️

E1568767-98E8-4E5F-AC43-FAA8B7070B56.jpeg

AlphonseCapone

Probably the most pragmatic approach. Football fans aren't exactly known for being pragmatists so a lot of folk will be unhappy. I'm still just meh about it.

Hurry up the summer so I can see what next season might start to look like and I can delude myself we might have a decent season. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I just checked the matchday programme. 🤷‍♂️

E1568767-98E8-4E5F-AC43-FAA8B7070B56.jpeg

At least the grass line is still operational.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Was the photo you posted from an old programme?

Tomorrow’s as it had just arrived. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

At least the grass line is still operational.

Not many phone calls this season though I imagine. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Aye maybe for all the diddy clubs in it but not a club that can pull in 20k every week, gets 150k from its own fans every month and has far more resources in terms of infrastructure and finance than anyone else in said league. 

I really wish the club would stop making this out to be an amazing achievement and chucking Covid in as the difficult circumstance. We were training way before any other club, we were far more prepared than other club. We dwarf every other club in all areas. 

It's absolutely pathetic. 

Yeah, that last line is quite staggering isn't it. In a week that proved clubs have absolutely lost touch with (most) supporters good old Hearts wade in with this shite... yes, well done guys... in a league where we dwarf everyone for resources. Notoriously difficult. They should be ashamed picking up those medals that they didn't go unbeaten.

15 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The fact that Budge herself isn't taking a shite in the trophy is categorical proof that the entire club is soft to the core.  PLEDGE CANCELLED

🤣🤣

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not many phone calls this season though I imagine. 

🤣 prob just the odd call saying that some person they were being a dick to on JKB told them they are a wank and they are offended. 

kingantti1874

Im not bothered tbh. I think the club in an awkward position here and I think they are trying to strike a balance.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Well it clearly states 1st Division 1980 and 2015??

One of us is going mad Dave and while I don't mind, I hope it's not me :)

So it does. It’s clearly me going mad. 😎You should always read things in detail before you post them. I blame the sun in my eyes. 😜

I don't have a problem with them collecting the trophy, wished they leave it on stand but no problems collecting it.

It is the language of the statement that gets me.

Respect to our opponents- why?

Respect to our players for hard yards - they are taking the piss here.

How competitive the division has been - 😄😅

Players & backroom staff deserve to be recognised 😁😆 - we are Heart of Midlothian FC ffs.

Soft as fk.

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )