Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Two clubs in the Championship are part time, the rest full time. 

2 more than in the top flight. 

Also, considering Shay Logans been training as a plumber, I do wonder how many others are also doing stuff like that. Especially in the championship where wages will be a pack of hula hoops and some good vibes. :D 

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Does everything cause you shock or alarm and then trigger you to into a state of anger and anxiety that no grown up man should get into? 

When we were   demoted last season, what were you expecting a year later - a 3rd place top flight finish? 

I was never expecting to be sitting 12th at anytime.

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I checked the retweet , apparently lifted from FB, so likely fake. 

One of the “Hearts fans” on fb comments called our manager Craig Neilson 😀

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Also, considering Shay Logans been training as a plumber, I do wonder how many others are also doing stuff like that. Especially in the championship where wages will be a pack of hula hoops and some good vibes. :D 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Enough to play full time football but not many will be getting as much as most of our players. 

Why are we lifting the trophy to show respect to the other teams, what respect did they show us last season. We are now a club that can be walked over without any argument. We had a chance to make a point and bottled it. The players didnt show any fight to prove a point last season and went through the motions, and still won at a poor league as they should have.
The club isnt respecting the fans by lifting it as we wont be there, Maybe RNs no bottle style is affecting the whole club now.

51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Must be soul destroying for you, watching Hearts get promoted. Never mind, who gives a **** what you think. 

I actually do. He’s been right about alot all the way through our regression to the championship. 

SectionDJambo

We should not have been dumped in this division. The season should have been finished properly, like the English managed. We all know why that was never an option though. If we’d gone down after a full season, it would have been 100% down to Hearts. 
However, no matter how laborious and frustrating the team’s performances have been this season, they did win this division fairly comfortably. The other clubs, with the exception of Inverness, deserve no respect or forgiveness from us after the shenanigans and sheer hostility towards our club last summer. However, the players and coaches of those clubs, I would argue, do deserve a sporting respect from our team and coaches. So Hearts lifting this trophy, but without any fanfare or show of celebration, is the right thing to do. We need to rise above the spite that is ingrained in those clubs who happily conspired against us. We also need to make sure that they never get the chance to damage us like that again.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, i8hibsh said:

I was never expecting to be sitting 12th at anytime.

Aye, but as it happened a year ago , it can't be a shock to you now? 

It did happen. 

Based on that, ending up "13th" is surely no surprise, shock or reason to get excited about. 

Spoiler alert- It was pretty much the plan all this season and the highest we could end up in the league system. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hope you get a bigger spoon for Xmas so you can stir more shit. 

Look, either this season mattered or it didn't. Make your minds up. The same people kicking the club (yet again) for, in their eyes, recognising this season by lifting the trophy are the same ones who treated this season like it was the World Cup and criticised our performances constantly.

I hate the SPFL as much as anyone but I haven't taken this season particularly seriously. I knew we'd win the title but I've treated it as a non season. Football without fans doesn't count for much for me. Even if we'd beaten Celtic in the final it would have been a weird cup to win.

Personally I think the club has done a fantastic GIRUY to the league. We've not got out of 1st gear in about 90 % of games and have still won it easily. Now and then we've turned it on to crush a few teams. We even lost a few games just to make the other teams think they might have a chance and toy with them, and we found time to win a derby.

Genius strategy from the club, and now we've not given them further ammunition by forcing our players not to accept a title they feel they still worked hard to win. This is the first season in about 3 that we haven't had an injury to a key player. That alone is worth celebrating!

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I actually do. He’s been right about alot all the way through our regression to the championship. 

Has he **** , he just shouts about his dislike of Budge , prob caught him at her washing line or didnt make him a cuppa quick enough , broken clocks and all that. 

Most folk can have a debate , he can’t

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, jackal said:

Why are we lifting the trophy to show respect to the other teams, what respect did they show us last season. We are now a club that can be walked over without any argument. We had a chance to make a point and bottled it. The players didnt show any fight to prove a point last season and went through the motions, and still won at a poor league as they should have.
The club isnt respecting the fans by lifting it as we wont be there, Maybe RNs no bottle style is affecting the whole club now.

This.

Why do we show respect to other teams before our own fans? 

Guest ToqueJambo

This reminds me of the massive stooshie on here and social media over season tickets last season. About a million threads kicking the club before they'd even brought out full details and explained how it would all work. They brought out full details and 99% of people were happy with them. Or I assume so, because those threads instantly stopped appearing. What a waste of energy. This is the same thing. The club let the players decide, which is a reasonable and mature thing to do, and the players made a reasonable and mature decision and gave a reasonable rationale for it. It's like when we're linked with a player in the Sun and folk go mad because they don't like that player then it turns out it was just the Sun making things up. Mental how people jump on every little thing to kick their own (supposedly) club.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We should not have been dumped in this division. The season should have been finished properly, like the English managed. We all know why that was never an option though. If we’d gone down after a full season, it would have been 100% down to Hearts. 
However, no matter how laborious and frustrating the team’s performances have been this season, they did win this division fairly comfortably. The other clubs, with the exception of Inverness, deserve no respect or forgiveness from us after the shenanigans and sheer hostility towards our club last summer. However, the players and coaches of those clubs, I would argue, do deserve a sporting respect from our team and coaches. So Hearts lifting this trophy, but without any fanfare or show of celebration, is the right thing to do. We need to rise above the spite that is ingrained in those clubs who happily conspired against us. We also need to make sure that they never get the chance to damage us like that again.

I agree with your point about it was the other clubs, not their players that shafted us. 

21 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If anyone thinks that low resolution, grey blocky background, hacked together in MS Paint fake Tweet is real, they should be banned from ever using the Internet ever again.  This is exactly the sort of thing that spreads around echo chamber Facebook groups where they get outraged over nothing, same with fake COVID graphics and other equally depressing nonsense.

faketweet.png

Look at the difference in one that's done properly, and the above one.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but as it happened a year ago , it can't be a shock to you now? 

It did happen. 

Based on that, ending up "13th" is surely no surprise, shock or reason to get excited about. 

Spoiler alert- It was pretty much the plan all this season and the highest we could end up in the league system. 

Not even sure where you are going.

I am aware we had to win the league but incase you missed it, only losers would celebrate winning this league.

If I was up in a fight agianst a 6 stone 4'3" guy i'd expect to win but I would not celebrate beating him.

4 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Not lifting the trophy sends out a strong message. 

That message is more powerful than words as the pictures will be shown all over the world. 

Pictures say 1000 words 

We’ve not got the minerals. Hearts are high and mighty.  We must preserve our self appreciation and promote our “class”.   

This was actually our time to rightfully stick two fingers up. The authorities and others had their shot and shafted us, this was our turn. They probably knew that, maybe even expected it.  

I’d have let Naismith give the trophy a mocking tap on the way past.  

All we had to do was ride out a little bit of the faux shock horror from various media sections in the aftermath and it would’ve died down before you know it......But no. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This.

Why do we show respect to other teams before our own fans? 

Ann Budge

Tommy Brown
31 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ffs

My brother will sending me this later.

He believes  ****ing everything  on the bloody Internet. :facepalm:

The Treasurer

I think that the club /players have come to a reasonable compromise with what they have planned. Players get the medals they have earned, the gets a trophy we have earned, but by not having any sort of celebration we show how little it means

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ffs

🤣🤣🤣

Its the yh its not real but its prob what he thinks ones that crack me up. 

We should lift trophy as respect to all other players in the league

but trophy  should be presented by tea lady or some other

employee, not some spfl bigwig who should get told to bolt

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I think that the club /players have come to a reasonable compromise with what they have planned. Players get the medals they have earned, the gets a trophy we have earned, but by not having any sort of celebration we show how little it means

Far too sensible. Read the twitter comments its hilarious

Edited by sadj

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Far too sensible. Read the twitter comments its hilarious

Thankfully I don't do twatter 

The Treasurer
Just now, davemclaren said:

If we didn’t want to have the prize, we should have tried harder to qualify through the play offs I suppose. 

Damn that Neilson, he even fails at failing 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It’s not actually about the trophy, no one would care really if neilson had been relieved of his duties.

Everything surrounding Hearts will be poisonous until he goes. Because that how football works

Edited by kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yep.

Still reckon the club statement is several paragraphs too long.  The second last one about respecting everyone else would have been the first one I'd have put my big red pen through.

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Thankfully I don't do twatter 

Best way 🤣 its ok for a laugh sometimes but **** being a regular reader. This place is bad enough. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ffs

Don’t knock it. There are ‘women in my area who want to meet me for sex tonight’. This literally never happened before the internet. 

Meh, thought that would be the out come, nothing wrong with it either. I doubt Naismith will have a huge grin on his face when lifting it, in fact I hope he is motionless when doing it, or has the kind of look as if he's just been told his car has a flat tire.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Section N Rules said:

Meh, thought that would be the out come, nothing wrong with it either. I doubt Naismith will have a huge grin on his face when lifting it, in fact I hope he is motionless when doing it, or has the kind of look as if he's just been told his car has a flat tire.

It'll be like he's holding a pair of Neil Doncaster's underpants.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not even sure where you are going.

I am aware we had to win the league but incase you missed it, only losers would celebrate winning this league.

If I was up in a fight agianst a 6 stone 4'3" guy i'd expect to win but I would not celebrate beating him.

😂

And you don't  know what I'm saying... 

I'll let you go back inside your head. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t knock it. There are ‘women in my area who want to meet me for sex tonight’. This literally never happened before the internet. 

🤣🤣 Aye theres lots of Asian and Russian Women after a shag from me this week. I was missing out before t’internet became a thing.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we didn’t want to have the prize, we should have tried harder to qualify through the play offs I suppose. 

😂😂😂

Oohh the banter 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don't fall for it, its not true. 😔

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Mrs B said to me earlier, I've to watch our for cable ties being tied to gate.

It means someone  is coming to steal the dog.

Be alert folks. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 Aye theres lots of Asian and Russian Women after a shag from me this week. I was missing out before t’internet became a thing.

Same her mate spoiled for choice. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Don't fall for it, its not true. 😔

Jealousy is a terrible thing 😎

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

I didn't say it counts for nothing, I said it wasn't an achievement. 

Its all relative of course, but if you're spending many times more than your nearest rivals it can't seriously be looked on as an achievement. Leicester winning the league for example is a much more impressive feat than one of the big 6. Likewise a non-OF side managing to walk away with silverware is hugely impressive, far more than one of the arsecheeks winning the league or cups etc. 

In that same vein, we spent far more than anyone else so this isn't an achievement, its an expectation. 

Thats my opinion, its not applicable in all circumstances, but thats how I feel. Celebrating beating clubs with the 4/5th largest budge in Scotland when many of those players are part time isn't anything to be proud of. Whilst their players are working training and games round a 9-5, ours are training and recovering. Even then, we still managed to make a pigs ear of it. 

So, what you're saying is if we were taken over by a billionaire and skoosh the league with Rangers and Celtic in it because we're spending even more than them you STILL wouldn't be happy?

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Somethings are believable. 🤔

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Mrs B said to me earlier, I've to watch our for cable ties being tied to gate.

It means someone  is coming to steal the dog.

Be alert folks. 

someone is coming to steal the wife ? Cool I’ll be able to buy that new motor

Edited by kingantti1874

Tommy Brown
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do women get these too?

'Men in my area who want to meet me for sex tonight' 

That would be so true.:lol:

Saturday will see Heart of Midlothian host Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the final home match of the 2020/21 campaign.

The Jambos head into the game having already won the Championship title in what has been, undoubtedly, the most challenging year in living memory.

The campaign has seen its ups and its downs. There have been some memorable moments and there have been some tough periods. What is beyond doubt, however, is that Hearts are worthy winners of the league and this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved, given how competitive the division has been, and we now begin to look forward to our return to the top flight.

Not having our fans inside Tynecastle, for the entirety of the season, has been a big blow and the club is extremely thankful and grateful for the support we have received from afar.

We understand the views of some supporters that we should not lift the trophy on Saturday. However, our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back out of, notoriously, the most difficult league in Scotland to win promotion from, in the most challenging circumstances imaginable.

At full time the first team will collect their winners’ medals and our captain, Steven Naismith, will lift the trophy – respectfully and to honour the players’ achievement – before returning to the dressing room. There will be no fanfare, there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch, given the absence of our fans.

This act will be an act of respect. Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season, respect to our opponents who would love to be in our position and respect to the fans who continue to back the club in an unprecedented fashion.

We will always conduct ourselves in a manner befitting this great club. We will always do the right thing, no matter the circumstances. We are Always Hearts.

‐--‐-------------------------

Saturday will see Heart of Midlothian host Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the final home match of the 2020/21 campaign.

The Jambos head into the game having already won the Championship title in what has been, undoubtedly, the most challenging year in living memory.

The campaign has seen its ups and its downs. There have been some memorable moments and there have been some tough periods. What is beyond doubt, however, is that Hearts are worthy winners of the league and this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved and we now begin to look forward to our return to the top flight.

Not having our fans inside Tynecastle, for the entirety of the season, has been a big blow and the club is extremely thankful and grateful for the support we have received from afar.

We understand the views of some supporters that we should not lift the trophy on Saturday and we recognise that anger due to the vast majority of SPLF clubs, at the behest of the SPFL board voting to unfairly demote us last season.  However, our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back up.

At full time the first team will collect their winners’ medals and our captain, Steven Naismith, will lift the trophy – respectfully and to honour the players’ achievement – before returning to the dressing room. There will be no fanfare, there will be no passing around of the trophy and there will be no party on the pitch.

Only Hearts.

---------------------------

My 30 second proof reading and changes in bold.

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Has he **** , he just shouts about his dislike of Budge , prob caught him at her washing line or didnt make him a cuppa quick enough , broken clocks and all that. 

Most folk can have a debate , he can’t

He has ****.   You’ve maybe never caught his more thought out posts?  

maroonlegions

How about Naisy gets out his tagger, pisses in the trophy then pours  it over Dungcastors heid.. 

That would be a sight to behold..

We should never have been in this division.

What Dungcastor and the rest of the rat pack done to us and Partick  should never be forgotten. 

:bootyshake:

Edited by maroonlegions

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Looking for Robbie to turn it around in about 6 weeks. Expecting the owner to develop some grasp of the game. I assume these are the hopes for some

Like he did last summer if by turn it around you mean turn a losing team that fails in its main job into a winning one that succeeds in its main job? Don't most managers have 6 weeks to build a fresh team and turn things around every summer?

And you mean like the owners of the 12 biggest football clubs in the world? I never heard our other owners criticised so much for "not knowing about football" despite them also making horrendous decisions (far worse actually than Budge - merging Hearts and Hibs, moving to Murrayfield, take your pick from Romanov's). 

What COULD be the thing that makes Budge different I wonder 🤔

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )