Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

Saint Jambo
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Our PR is shit. Robbie's terrible with the media and Budge tries too hard to be all things to all people. I don't really care personally. People are so sensitive, yet are quite happy to lob insults at the club and people within it today in day out.

My least favourite ever owner was Romanov for where he ultimately left us yet I loved his statements!

That is all fair.

Part of the reason fans are sensitive is because of the PR. Not like me because they think about whether our PR is good or bad, but because bad PR leaves people less happy.

I agree results on the park and the survival of the club are far more important than PR, but when results aren't good bad PR moves fans from unhappy to alienated from the club. That isn't good for our long-term survival as it's what leads to fans not attending any more.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Disappointed by Ann Budge's decision but oh well.

Let the players bounce around on a platform while confetti flies everywhere, all without fans. Because the fans don't matter to Ann Budge anyway. We're in her bad books for even suggesting not lifting the trophy, which probably means more delays ahead of the FoH handover.

That clearly isn't what the statement says the players are going to do. No confetti and no jumping about on the platform.

I just hope that someone tells the players that if they are jumping about in the changing room, they should keep photos off social media.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

maroonlegions

This current bunch of players, barring Gordon, Smith, are just not on board.

A Kevin Kyle quote (for @NineteenFive12):

“Hearts is a club like Sunderland, it’s a fans’ club. As a player, you have to understand what it means to the fans first. Once you get a feeling of how the fans feel about their club, you have to be on board with the same thinking".

174844211_2887564618185801_7100809095463073407_n.jpg

Some real spineless stuff from the club but I have now come to accept that this will happen until Budge is gone. We are not a football team we are a charity/restaurant/etc 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair Neilson and the players seemed to be doing everything to avoid tomorrow's scenario from January onwards.

I'm not really in the mood for this jollity.

I am fed up to the back teeth of Budge : tomorrow is the time to make a point and they should have all been told the club will not accept an honour that was forced upon it due to its demotion. The woman has no integrity whatsoever. 

Very disappointed in that statement. I didn't think that we would be the ones brushing the dust under the carpet. We had the ideal opportunity to stress the fact that "we should never have been placed in this division in the first place" but we didn't. That last line just rings hollow when it shouldn't, almost like we're now being taken for mugs.

Edited by redjambo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I am fed up to the back teeth of Budge : tomorrow is the time to make a point and they should have all been told the club will not accept an honour that was forced upon it due to its demotion. The woman has no integrity whatsoever. 

Behave! 

It's up to the players what they want to do and how they behave. 

Halkett already made his feeling clear. 

We now not only have fans that will hold the club to ransom because they are in the huff and withhold money, not happy with that they now want to dictate how the players receive and react to winning a championship and promotion. 

These sorts need to get a grip. 

The self entitlement and selfishness is beyond a ****ing joke. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's football FFS. The players had nothing to do with that other than half of them being responsible for us being in a position to get demoted. They have had as shit a time the last year as the rest of us. Let them pick up their ****ing medals if they want to. I'm sure you and the rest will be examining their expressions for any hint of pleasure in their faces, ready to pounce.

Italian Lambretta
15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

“Hearts is a club like Sunderland, it’s a fans’ club. As a player, you have to understand what it means to the fans first. Once you get a feeling of how the fans feel about their club, you have to be on board with the same thinking".

I wonder if big kev has any plans to get into management 🤔

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's football FFS. The players had nothing to do with that other than half of them being responsible for us being in a position to get demoted. They have had as shit a time the last year as the rest of us. Let them pick up their ****ing medals if they want to. I'm sure you and the rest will be examining their expressions for any hint of pleasure in their faces, ready to pounce.

Try addressing the points I raised for a change instead of diverting.

I'm not going to bother commenting on the players : the bulk of whom should never been seen at Tynecastle again (I wish) - rarely, if ever, has a team won a "championship" while the players appear in the media apologising for their continued piss poor performance.

Let Budge throw them a champagne party while they all relive their stupendous performances, their grinding out of results. They earned it, after all. That would be quite fitting , a champagne fuelled piss up while they have to sit and watch the utter dross that was served up , week in, week out. All those fire Friday nights.

They earned it. 

Tarland Jambo
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Behave! 

We now not only have fans that will hold the club to ransom because they are in the huff and withhold money, not happy with that they now want to dictate how the players receive and react to winning a championship and promotion. 

Totally agree, spoiled only child feel about some of the reactions🤦.

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Behave! 

Do you see the irony in arguing that one group of people can behave how they want, while literally telling another group to "behave" and then going on to criticise the behaviour of people in choosing how to spend their money? 

gashauskis9

I genuinely am trying to be positive, but I’m not buying the “some of these players might never win another trophy” story.  If the pinnacle of their career ambitions is winning the Scottish Championship then I’d argue whether they are good enough to wear maroon.  

38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It doesn’t bother me to be honest. No fanfare or the likes which seems fine. It’s up to them. I’ll be switching off anyway as soon as it’s over so it won’t affect me. 

Same here. The season for me is not about some players collecting a piece of tin.

This season will be remembered for reasons other than picking up a 2nd division trophy at the end of the most divisive season I can ever remember!

davemclaren
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

I genuinely am trying to be positive, but I’m not buying the “some of these players might never win another trophy” story.  If the pinnacle of their career ambitions is winning the Scottish Championship then I’d argue whether they are good enough to wear maroon.  

Do you think that was the height of Gary Mackay’s, and other players that got promoted with us in 1983’s ambition. Ambition is one thing but achievement can often be different. 

The board, the management and the players have no real connection or bond with supporters anymore. 

They had an ideal opportunity to win back some love from the fans.....but they opted with being respectful to the people who showed us zero respect a year or so ago.

We are just so weak and soft. 

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Behave! 

Oh shut up you sanctimonious tart. 

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The board, the management and the players have no real connection or bond with supporters anymore. 

They had an ideal opportunity to win back some love from the fans.....but they opted with being respectful to the people who showed us zero respect a year or so ago.

You may he correct.

35 minutes ago, Rods said:

Some real spineless stuff from the club but I have now come to accept that this will happen until Budge is gone. We are not a football team we are a charity/restaurant/etc 

Brown nosing Hibs, welcoming Nelms to Tynecastle, loaning a striker to a team that voted us down.....

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:yas:

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

sadly you are spot on.

49 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

He got it

Mars plastic
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

sadly you are spot on.

Shomato kens the score. 

Edited by Mars plastic

gashauskis9
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do you think that was the height of Gary Mackay’s, and other players that got promoted with us in 1983’s ambition. Ambition is one thing but achievement can often be different. 

Mackay was a young lad who had just broke into the first team (like many of the 83 squad).  Bit different to the current squad of internationals and 30 somethings who’ve played for the OF.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Mackay was a young lad who had just broke into the first team (like many of the 83 squad).  Bit different to the current squad of internationals and 30 somethings who’ve played for the OF.

I’m sure most of them still have ambitions though, beyond winning the championship. 

Fort Vallance
32 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I could easily buy "most of these players will never get near another trophy"

47 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Stewart, Gordon, Smith, Berra, Irving, Naismith, Gnando, Henderson, McGill, Frear, Wighton, Lee, et al - all clearly in the category that tomorrow could be their last winners medal, their only winners medal, etc. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is about accepting an award the club fought tooth & nail not to even be competing for.

It spent £500K in the courts to avoid tomorrow's scenario.

And now it's pretending it never even happened.

They tried their utmost not to be in this league. They didn’t get what they probably deserved through the courts.

What do YOU think they should have done?

They were made to play in this league. No matter how we arrived at tomorrow we won said league.

What do YOU think they should have done?

What are they pretending never happened?

A huge percentage of our games were shown live on TV. Everyone knows it happened. We all lived it and saw it.

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Look, either this season mattered or it didn't. Make your minds up. The same people kicking the club (yet again) for, in their eyes, recognising this season by lifting the trophy are the same ones who treated this season like it was the World Cup and criticised our performances constantly.

I hate the SPFL as much as anyone but I haven't taken this season particularly seriously. I knew we'd win the title but I've treated it as a non season. Football without fans doesn't count for much for me. Even if we'd beaten Celtic in the final it would have been a weird cup to win.

Personally I think the club has done a fantastic GIRUY to the league. We've not got out of 1st gear in about 90 % of games and have still won it easily. Now and then we've turned it on to crush a few teams. We even lost a few games just to make the other teams think they might have a chance and toy with them, and we found time to win a derby.

[B]Genius strategy[/b] from the club, and now we've not given them further ammunition by forcing our players not to accept a title they feel they still worked hard to win. This is the first season in about 3 that we haven't had an injury to a key player. That alone is worth celebrating!

Let's see how well the "genius strategy" works in the top flight.

alwaysthereinspirit
57 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

There’s much better players than are are Hearts now from every generation never won a medal.

How many medals does Robbo have? 
Im sure it’s less than he hoped. Nothing is guaranteed in football. No matter how good you personally are. It’s a team sport.

8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

They tried their utmost not to be in this league. They didn’t get what they probably deserved through the courts.

What do YOU think they should have done?

They were made to play in this league. No matter how we arrived at tomorrow we won said league.

What are they pretending never happened?

A huge percentage of our games were shown live on TV. Everyone knows it happened. We all lived it and saw it.

Tried.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Tried.

I’m not talking about how crap we were in games prior to COVID. I mean after we were wrongly demoted.

”Hearts” tried the only way possible after the demotion. We got screwed.

Winning the Championship (no matter how wrong it was we were ever in it) was the next step to getting back up.

That part is now in the history books.

Hearts won the league per the schedule.

League form in 2021

P 16 W 7 D 6 L 3 F 27 A 14 Pts 27 (out of 48)

Won fewer than half the games we've played...and that's not even mentioning the Cup.

The so-called 'hard yards' haven't seen anywhere near enough fight from the majority of our players.

south morocco
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

League form in 2021

P 16 W 7 D 6 L 3 F 27 A 14 Pts 27 (out of 48)

Won fewer than half the games we've played...and that's not even mentioning the Cup.

The so-called 'hard yards' haven't seen anywhere near enough fight from the majority of our players.

The hard yard comment was particularly bizarre. Completely out of touch with the general feeling among the supporters 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed. 👍

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

So far away,  one or 2 excepted, from where the club is today.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm not sanctimonious... 😁

Let the players decide and respect whatever they do. 

Class is permanent, we're not a rabble that are going to smear shite over other clubs door steps and break things and stick two fingers up to the press while making farthing noises. 

We don't half have an element that think they can dictate everything the club does and how they act. 

Self entitled melon heads. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Do you see the irony in arguing that one group of people can behave how they want, while literally telling another group to "behave" and then going on to criticise the behaviour of people in choosing how to spend their money? 

It's not irony at all. 

Advocating to Let people enjoy themselves if they want without being a prick about it is not the same as being the actual  prick because folk dare enjoy themselves. 

Saint Jambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not irony at all. 

Advocating to Let people enjoy themselves if they want without being a prick about it is not the same as being the actual  prick because folk dare enjoy themselves. 

That's not the argument you made in the post I responded to.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That's not the argument you made in the post I responded to.

Tosh doesn't make arguments. He bloviates.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Correct decision by the club. Its a very poor statement they've released though. 

Agreed. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

Genuinely think we should be looking for new PR staff, the PR put out from the club over that last couple of years seems to have drastically went downhill.

Churchill Barrier

My son messaged me last night, and asked what i thought should happen. I replied naismith should lift it , no celebrations.  I do think it is correct balance.

What annoyed me about statement was the "hardest league to be promoted from" nonsense.  That to me was a dig at the majority of us who have not been happy. 

Ie shut up we have done well.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Genuinely think we should be looking for new PR staff, the PR put out from the club over that last couple of years seems to have drastically went downhill.

Yeah, the last few statements seem to have went out thir way to rile certain groups up. 

It was a poor statement. 

Not something to get angry about tho imo. 

Sorry if I’ve missed it - but do we know if anybody is actually presenting the trophy or will any SPFL representative be in attendance?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, the last few statements seem to have went out thir way to rile certain groups up. 

It was a poor statement. 

Not something to get angry about tho imo. 

Now there’s a surprise! 🙄

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it - but do we know if anybody is actually presenting the trophy or will any SPFL representative be in attendance?

Would hope the club have told the spl that Doncaster not welcome but no doubt our spineless board will roll out the red carpet for him 

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )