Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

gowestjambo
32 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

this is a feat that we are delighted to have achieved, given how competitive the division has been”

“Our players and backroom staff deserve to be recognised as the group that took the club straight back out of, notoriously, the most difficult league in Scotland to win promotion from”

“This act will be an act of respect. Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season”

It’s absolutely terrifying how clueless Budge is. 

We’re in huge trouble folks. 

For any club Owner to utter such drivel shows exactly where our problems lie. We had ten times the advantage of most clubs, and still made hard work of it. Is she intentionally sabotaging our Club? Because if not it certainly looks like it!! Our status in Scottish Football has never been so lowly. Soft from top to bottom. Any other Owner coming away with the crap she spouted would be ridiculed for ever by us.

She simply has to leave along with her underperforming Imposter of a Manager!!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

It's up to the players and back room staff tbh, if they want to lift the trophy its up to them. Not really one to celebrate though.

Why does every thread get dragged to gutter level by people who can't contribute anything meaningful?  

Malinga the Swinga
39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Shock horror, Budge's Hearts putting the feelings of outher clubs and fans before our own.

Must be soul destroying for you, watching Hearts get promoted. Never mind, who gives a **** what you think. 

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

'This act will be an act of respect. Respect to our players for the ‘hard yards’ they put in over the course of the season, respect to our opponents who would love to be in our position and respect to the fans who continue to back the club in an unprecedented fashion.'

Hard yards? Respect for fans? Never seen any of that this season.

I wanted to lift it, not over celebrate just lift the trophy. But why does Ann Budge always have to end statements with what can be perceived as a dig at fans. Just say ‘and our fans’ that’s it no more required. Neilson and the clubs need all the fans on side at the moment, honestly for such an intelligent woman I do wonder sometimes if she’s doing it on purpose.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Why does every thread get dragged to gutter level by people who can't contribute anything meaningful?  

In the race to be the most outraged poster, you need to reach new levels of hysteria. 

These guys couldn't contribute meaningfully if their sad little lives depended on it. 

Cruickshankforscotland

Poor statement really. Suppose we could have expected AB and the others to talk up this fine achievement, secured against all the odds😜 Well now it’s over to AB, manager and players. Do your talking on the park next season!

kingantti1874

Out of all the sticks to beat the club with I don’t think this is one. 

lift it with the minimum of fuss, move on - the end

4 minutes ago, Cruickshankforscotland said:

Poor statement really. Suppose we could have expected AB and the others to talk up this fine achievement, secured against all the odds😜 Well now it’s over to AB, manager and players. Do your talking on the park next season!

Yep not far away and an overhaul required. Maybe should be allowed to enjoy this moment out of compassion

Edited by Riccarton3

Pathetic statement. 

Pretty disappointed in the players even wanting to lift it. Appreciate they may not get another chance to do it, but they've failed to deliver any positive aspect to this. We're going to need to rip up the squad and start again (AGAIN), where as if they'd won the league with a bit of flair and style rather than stuttering over the finish line then there may have been something to be proud of. 

We won the league because we spent more than the other clubs combined. Having a bigger chequebook isn't an achievement. 

49 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Exactly.  Lift it up, don't pass it around, back to the dressing room. 

Absolutely spot on way to approach this. Anyone that is actually offended by this needs a reality check. :lol:

Exactly the sentiment that continues the club to get away with this approach.

We got shafted by the leagues - now we get "presented" with a trophy we didn't want, shouldn't have even been competing in and we are going to lift it as if it is a joyous day. 

Pathetic. 

But hey, let's not offend all those wee diddy clubs that would loved to have achieved it. 

**** them.

There is a tweet doing the rounds from Barry Anderson with a comment today from Neilson.

Someone tell me that's a wind up.😯

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Pathetic statement. 

Pretty disappointed in the players even wanting to lift it. Appreciate they may not get another chance to do it, but they've failed to deliver any positive aspect to this. We're going to need to rip up the squad and start again (AGAIN), where as if they'd won the league with a bit of flair and style rather than stuttering over the finish line then there may have been something to be proud of. 

We won the league because we spent more than the other clubs combined. Having a bigger chequebook isn't an achievement

Seems to be as far as the OF are concerned. They celebrate like mad when winning endless trophies thanks to having far more money than everyone else.

The only way the Club knows is to make the fans sound 'entitled' to cover their arses .Not saying it outright but saying enough

Edited by Riccarton3

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There is a tweet doing the rounds from Barry Anderson with a comment today from Neilson.

Someone tell me that's a wind up.😯

I think its a wind up, just had a look at Barry's twitter and there doesn't seem to be anything surprising. 

What was the gist of the tweet?

Captain Lithuania
24 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

CUZ THAT WUMMIN’!!!!11one

At 4:40, Perth to Paisley’s own Daniel McIver shall be on BBC Radio Scotland to discuss the statement, that the club released today, about tomorrow’s trophy day.

32 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Everything about our club oozes a loser mentality. **** the club and the players.  

Don't agree with one word of what you said here and I'm surprised a Hearts fan would say what you have here, maybe it's time you follow another team that first your ideology better?

Rory Mcilroy

Not bothered what they do about lifting the trophy. 

More concerned by the notoriously difficult comment. If she's buying that crap I can't see this plonker leaving any time soon. 

Sounds exactly like the kind of terrible excuse he'd come out with at their weekly tea and biscuit catch up. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

At 4:40, Perth to Paisley’s own Daniel McIver shall be on BBC Radio Scotland to discuss the statement, that the club released today, about tomorrow’s trophy day.

Have you got a link? :) 

Sorry, I find the BBC radio site an absolute nightmare to navigate :( 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hi Daniel. 

I’m just guessing by the way. 🤣

Auldbenches
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Out of all the sticks to beat the club with I don’t think this is one. 

lift it with the minimum of fuss, move on - the end

It's a lose, lose situation for the club.  Can we be bothered with the Scottish media getting a wide on for a few days just to prove a point? The club has do it without any controversy so we can move on from this season.  

Don't give them the option if having a dig at the club.

Us the fans will pay everyone back, don't let the club get dragged down to their level. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pathetic statement. 

We won the league because we spent more than the other clubs combined. Having a bigger chequebook isn't an achievement. 

With all due respect that’s nonsense 

so are you saying the achievements of Real Madrid Barcelona, Juventus, Man Utd etc etc count for absolutely nothing because they are richer clubs ?

26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Must be soul destroying for you, watching Hearts get promoted. Never mind, who gives a **** what you think. 

We are the 13th best team in Scotland and get a trophy to prove it.  Are you chuffed with that?

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is the guy who on his P2P podcast says he hopes we get battered by ICT on Saturday 

I’ll give this one a miss thanks very much

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Amazing people don’t bother checking stuff like this. Although, what’s the point when it fits the narrative. 

Hagar the Horrible
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Cant see this on his actual twitter feed, but it will stir up the crazies......even though its fake I am still outraged by this, as it is probably his thoughts

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hmmm... cant see that on his twitter thread? Did you lift it direct?

If true, there definitely is no going back with the fans.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think what this whole thing has proven is the average age and emotional state of a certain type of Hearts fan these days is "toddler".

Why?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

I think it’s a fair compromise, but the statement is once again miles off the mark imo.  

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

It's about the players, they've won the league so should get to lift the trophy. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and never has, as long as they don't shake Doncasters hand 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Accept it let the players enjoy and move on - holiday then hard serious pre season.

All fair. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Cant see this on his actual twitter feed, but it will stir up the crazies......even though its fake I am still outraged by this, as it is probably his thoughts

:sadrobbo::berra:

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

With all due respect that’s nonsense 

so are you saying the achievements of Real Madrid Barcelona, Juventus, Man Utd etc etc count for absolutely nothing because they are richer clubs ?

I didn't say it counts for nothing, I said it wasn't an achievement. 

Its all relative of course, but if you're spending many times more than your nearest rivals it can't seriously be looked on as an achievement. Leicester winning the league for example is a much more impressive feat than one of the big 6. Likewise a non-OF side managing to walk away with silverware is hugely impressive, far more than one of the arsecheeks winning the league or cups etc. 

In that same vein, we spent far more than anyone else so this isn't an achievement, its an expectation. 

Thats my opinion, its not applicable in all circumstances, but thats how I feel. Celebrating beating clubs with the 4/5th largest budge in Scotland when many of those players are part time isn't anything to be proud of. Whilst their players are working training and games round a 9-5, ours are training and recovering. Even then, we still managed to make a pigs ear of it. 

So, they want to show respect to us, the supporters who have backed them. Surely they must see that this has been a shocker of a season?  We have lost to teams that we have not lost to in my long lifetime; we have had our worst ever defeat to a non league team; the quality of football has, in the main, been turgid; we have won a league by a fraction of the margin that we should have not helped by players who have performed well below the standards that they should have, and now they want to show respect to opponents and an organisation that could have reorganised the league structure to ensure no harm but took the option of stuffing us, and with glee. 

Budge, Neilson and the players; shame on all of them. They have had all season to show us respect and have failed miserably. Heart of Midlothian Football Club can do much better than this bunch of charlatans. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I didn't say it counts for nothing, I said it wasn't an achievement. 

Its all relative of course, but if you're spending many times more than your nearest rivals it can't seriously be looked on as an achievement. Leicester winning the league for example is a much more impressive feat than one of the big 6. Likewise a non-OF side managing to walk away with silverware is hugely impressive, far more than one of the arsecheeks winning the league or cups etc. 

In that same vein, we spent far more than anyone else so this isn't an achievement, its an expectation. 

Thats my opinion, its not applicable in all circumstances, but thats how I feel. Celebrating beating clubs with the 4/5th largest budge in Scotland when many of those players are part time isn't anything to be proud of. Whilst their players are working training and games round a 9-5, ours are training and recovering. Even then, we still managed to make a pigs ear of it. 

Two clubs in the Championship are part time, the rest full time. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are the 13th best team in Scotland and get a trophy to prove it.  Are you chuffed with that?

Does everything cause you shock or alarm and then trigger you to into a state of anger and anxiety that no grown up man should get into? 

When we were   demoted last season, what were you expecting a year later - a 3rd place top flight finish? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hmmm... cant see that on his twitter thread? Did you lift it direct?

If true, there definitely is no going back with the fans.

I checked the retweet , apparently lifted from FB, so likely fake. 

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think what this whole thing has proven is the average age and emotional state of a certain type of Hearts fan these days is "toddler".

Shill alert.

Rogue Daddy
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

👍... I'm guessing its not far from the truth.

davemclaren
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Donald then, not Daniel. 🤔

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's good for folk to post utter shite tho, it let's folk get angry. 

It's good to keep the anger bubbling away like the slavers at the end of certain folks mouth. 

Keeps the forum active. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )