• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bottas hits norris who is then forced into verstappen then bottas slides into perez. that will have secured bottas a new contract

SectionDJambo

Sometimes you’re as well being lucky than good. Hamilton is obviously very good, he is also very lucky.

He’ll go into the summer break in the lead after looking like being seriously challenged.

What Horner will have to say is anyone’s guess.

SectionDJambo
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Hamilton 😂😂😂

Watch him blame his team.

He’ll make his way through with that car. He’s got the whole race to do it

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

someone should be getting a penalty for a dangerous release that has knocked out mazepin

its raikkonen who was released into mazepin, braking mazepins front suspension. clear penalty

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Hamilton greeting his eyes out about dangerous high speed manoeuvres 😂

Who said irony is dead?

did you see the penalty giovionazzo got for speeding in the pit lane? 10 second stop and go. so according to the stewards speeding in the pit lane is worse than a dangerous release (raikkonen) or hamilton pushing verstappen into the wall at 200 mph

Just now, Bigsmak said:

Really pleased for Ocon - 

Well done! 

yep, got the lead held it well even under pressure from vettel. very good solid drive from ocon

Just now, milky_26 said:

yep, got the lead held it well even under pressure from vettel. very good solid drive from ocon

Not that we seen any of it on the telly! 

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Hamilton greeting his eyes out about dangerous high speed manoeuvres 😂

Who said irony is dead?

Not the least bit surprised by this 

29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

did you see the penalty giovionazzo got for speeding in the pit lane? 10 second stop and go. so according to the stewards speeding in the pit lane is worse than a dangerous release (raikkonen) or hamilton pushing verstappen into the wall at 200 mph

Just making it up as they go along 🤡 

23 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Well done! 

A great drive and win, under do much pressure, but held his composure throughout, thoroughly deserved. A well played team drive from Alonso 👏

I P Knightley
52 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Not that we seen any of it on the telly! 

One car driving a second and a half behind another car; round, and round, and round...? I can understand them not showing it when there was some competition for places further down the track.

Bizarre at the end when O'Con went past the pit lane and had to jog back. Did anyone ask him what was going on? I like to think it was the sheer exuberance of having his maiden win and just enjoying himself - he deserved it.

Even though Wolff apologised, Horner couldn't be a little bit gracious ("is he going to pay for the damage?). Sets things up for a great second half of the season, though.

SectionDJambo

Vettel disqualified. Not enough fuel left in his car. Has to be a litre available to draw out. There was only 0.3 of a litre.

More points for Hamilton. Rules are rules, but the last 2 races have been very lucky for him. The Red Bull team must have broken a few mirrors recently.

You couldn't make it up. Just give Hamilton the title now. Another couple of years at Mercedes with an average 2nd driver in Bottas will give him his 10th title.  I'm fighting a losing battle against the stats but I genuinely don't think Hamilton is as talented as greats like Senna, Schumacher, Lauda, Stewart etc. It doesn't help that each season has more races than in the past but also just that pure racing skill has been replaced by technology to some extent... 

Edited by Aaron78

2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

You couldn't make it up. Just give Hamilton the title now. Another couple of years at Mercedes with an average 2nd driver in Bottas will give him his 10th title.  I'm fighting a losing battle against the stats but I genuinely don't think Hamilton is as talented as greats like Senna, Schumacher, Lauda, Stewart etc. It doesn't help that each season has more races than in the past but also just that pure racing skill has been replaced by technology to some extent... 

It's a question. 

Suppose you could say the same about Vettel and many more. I did think today Verstappen would have passed Alonso. 

Hamilton has got the pace in the car now so it's going to be hard to stop No 8.

Not bad to make 101 pole positions and win 99 races being a mediocre driver though. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Vettel disqualified. Not enough fuel left in his car. Has to be a litre available to draw out. There was only 0.3 of a litre.

More points for Hamilton. Rules are rules, but the last 2 races have been very lucky for him. The Red Bull team must have broken a few mirrors recently.

I don't like Vettel; never have.  BUT I feel so sorry for him with this one and wish that the other drivers and teams would just say,  "haud oan, FFS! How has he actually gained an advantage here?" 

Hamilton, the prick, might argue that that 1kg would have brought him closer and given him a chance of second but there's no way he'd have passed Vettel. Desperately unfair. 

Hamilton is the GOAT no doubt about it.

Schumacher you say? He had the best tech in the business. Often illegal. But MS' cars were far beyond the dominance of this Mercedes.

Senna you say? Check the win percentages.

Good few seasons left, LH' records will stand longer than you or I will live.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a question. 

Suppose you could say the same about Vettel and many more. I did think today Verstappen would have passed Alonso. 

Not bad to make 101 pole positions and win 99 races being a mediocre driver though. 

I think the guy is an incredible driver, but not keen on him outside the car. I’ve always had the impression that a lot of the things he says seem scripted and not being honest. I know someone who works on his car and they don’t like him either, plus quite a few back at the factory. He can quite easily be argued as the greatest ever, but I’d take Senna every time against him in a head to head. I would have loved to have seen how Hamilton handled the cars back then. 

The Greatest for me...

40ACF983-6EB3-4ED8-B090-2198CDD3F5B5.gif

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Under appeal - tough one though after a great drive today.

This season keeps on getting better. 

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Phage said:

Schumacher you say? He had the best tech in the business. Often illegal. But MS' cars were far beyond the dominance of this Mercedes.

No doubt about it...in your head, that’s all.

You can’t prove who is the greatest, because it’s across different generations.

Your  MS statement that he had the best tech, is a bit of a silly argument to use in favour of Hamilton being the greatest. Are you saying that Hamilton has not had the best tech for championship wins. 

Hamilton was beaten by one of the poorest F1 champions (Nico Rosberg) in an equal car imo (which again was the best tech)

Rosberg who was a teammate with both drivers and should know more than us said... he feels Lewis Hamilton isn’t quite the “complete” driver that Michael Schumacher was in his Formula 1 career.

Hamilton has never had to endure the physical demands on the body that drivers of past generations like Fangio, Senna, Clark, Stewart, etc had to within a race.

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Under appeal - tough one though after a great drive today.

This season keeps on getting better. 

Set up to be one of the best, hopefully carries on like this to the very last race.

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a question. 

the damage to verstappens car (again caused by a mercedes) cost him massively, he probably lacked a lot of downforce

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No doubt about it...in your head, that’s all.

You can’t prove who is the greatest, because it’s across different generations.

Your  MS statement that he had the best tech, is a bit of a silly argument to use in favour of Hamilton being the greatest. Are you saying that Hamilton has not had the best tech for championship wins. 

Hamilton was beaten by one of the poorest F1 champions (Nico Rosberg) in an equal car imo (which again was the best tech)

Rosberg who was a teammate with both drivers and should know more than us said... he feels Lewis Hamilton isn’t quite the “complete” driver that Michael Schumacher was in his Formula 1 career.

Hamilton has never had to endure the physical demands on the body that drivers of past generations like Fangio, Senna, Clark, Stewart, etc had to within a race.

I guess it is just in my head. Like every record/stat/metric that clearly show LH is the best driver in the history of F1.

My MS statement point towards the overwhelming evidence that for large parts of his career, not only did he have the best car but that car had illegal traction control and whatever else they could jam in there against the regs.

And its unbelievable you'd cited Rosberg for anything Hamilton related. Nico was tormented and humiliated by LH from junior karting to the top of F1. There rivalry was so bitter it was causing deep embarrassment to Mercedes. Was painful to watch his struggle against the Lewis domination.

So much so Nico had to throw every dirty trick in the book and Mercedes colluded with him to win him the title with the agreement he'd gtf outta the team there after. And so it happened, he reached the top of the mountain lol

Adjust points, adjust the poles for increased number of races. Do whatever you want, Lewis is the best F1 has ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I see Bottas has a 5 place grid penalty for next race after causing the big crash at the start.

Seems lenient again. 

i agree that is a bit lenient but it is what i expected. i would also assume stroll will get the same for taking out leclerc on that opening lap

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i agree that is a bit lenient but it is what i expected. i would also assume stroll will get the same for taking out leclerc on that opening lap

That'll be for Spa which often has a bit of a stramash at the first corner. Good idea to put 5 more cars ahead of each of them so that there's more folk for them to wallop :D

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That'll be for Spa which often has a bit of a stramash at the first corner. Good idea to put 5 more cars ahead of each of them so that there's more folk for them to wallop :D

Yes. Bottas had lost about 5 places when he hit Norris so he's in the perfect position to knock out Perez again. 

rossaldinho
57 minutes ago, Phage said:

I guess it is just in my head. Like every record/stat/metric that clearly show LH is the best driver in the history of F1.

My MS statement point towards the overwhelming evidence that for large parts of his career, not only did he have the best car but that car had illegal traction control and whatever else they could jam in there against the regs.

And its unbelievable you'd cited Rosberg for anything Hamilton related. Nico was tormented and humiliated by LH from junior karting to the top of F1. There rivalry was so bitter it was causing deep embarrassment to Mercedes. Was painful to watch his struggle against the Lewis domination.

So much so Nico had to throw every dirty trick in the book and Mercedes colluded with him to win him the title with the agreement he'd gtf outta the team there after. And so it happened, he reached the top of the mountain lol

Adjust points, adjust the poles for increased number of races. Do whatever you want, Lewis is the best F1 has ever seen.

You can't dispute how good a driver he is, you don't just stumble into 7 world titles across your career but saying he is the best F1 has ever seen is down to opinion. You can't possibly compare him to the likes of Clark, Fangio, Stewart and so on because of how much it has changed, and vice versa. 

59 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

You can't dispute how good a driver he is, you don't just stumble into 7 world titles across your career but saying he is the best F1 has ever seen is down to opinion. You can't possibly compare him to the likes of Clark, Fangio, Stewart and so on because of how much it has changed, and vice versa. 

It's like comparing footballers across generations.. You really can't. Hamilton has so much more support than any of the old drivers.  He has modern health monitoring, dietitians, trainers, better telemetry into the team. Better everything. 

The drivers from 40 years ago were winging it a lot of the times.  Some of them probably helped build the Bears between races. 

1 hour ago, rossaldinho said:

i would also suggest that there was less of a difference between the cars back then rather than at least until this season where the mercedes was so far ahead of everyone. that is the reason i rule out MS as the greatest as for most of his career he had the best car, maybe with the exception of his benneton days

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Phage said:

The thing that’s unbelievable is that the so called greatest (only in your opinion) was beaten by one of the poorest on an equal footing, yet you say he was cheated. Where are all your records/stats/metrics to back that up. Lewis has also benefited himself from cheating.

1 hour ago, rossaldinho said:

Correct, it’s an incredible achievement by Lewis, like the achievements of the above were in their era.

19 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

It's like comparing footballers across generations.. You really can't. Hamilton has so much more support than any of the old drivers.  He has modern health monitoring, dietitians, trainers, better telemetry into the team. Better everything. 

The drivers from 40 years ago were winging it a lot of the times.  Some of them probably helped build the Bears between races. 

Correct, you can’t. You can only have your own favourite.

15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i would also suggest that there was less of a difference between the cars back then rather than at least until this season where the mercedes was so far ahead of everyone. that is the reason i rule out MS as the greatest as for most of his career he had the best car, maybe with the exception of his benneton days

MS did have the far superior car for most of his championships, but Hamilton has had this too, like a number of champions throughout the generations. Senna fought with every sinew in his body to beat MS in that Benetton, and he went to his grave convinced that they were cheating, which they were. 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

19 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Well done! 

Seems to be one of the nicest guys on the circuit.

Yep, well done to the lad.

2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Seems to be one of the nicest guys on the circuit.

Yep, well done to the lad.

Also more like Lewis Hamilton in coming from a more humble background unlike most of them. 

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, Phage said:

Hamilton is a decent driver in a phenomenally good car. A car that has been so far ahead of everything else on the grid for the last 5 years.

Mind that time when George Russell jumped in Hamilton's car (which he'd never driven before) when LH had covid? missed pole by milliseconds and was absolutely pissing the race until the Mercedes team 'accidentally' put Bottas' tyres on?

That's how good the Mercedes has been.

Put it this way if Verstappen & Hamilton were in identical cars, Hamilton finishes second. All IMO of course.