Prince Buaben

1 hour ago, H2 said:

100% right, but that's racing!

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but didn't Hamilton take advantage of DRS soon after coming out of the pits? It's all swings and roundabouts.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but didn't Hamilton take advantage of DRS soon after coming out of the pits? It's all swings and roundabouts.

exactly, you can also get the situation where the lead two cars are about to lap one or multiple cars. if they hit at the wrong part of a circuit one of the lead cars can get held up while the other does not by the same extent meaning one car could increase the gap by a few seconds or the following car could close the gap by a few seconds. it is part and parcel of racing

30 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There are loads of incidents where one gets a break over the other, some more critical than others and Verstappen getting that DRS off Shum ensured his victory, but that's racing!

Prince Buaben
2 hours ago, H2 said:

100% right, but that's racing!

Aye I know it is. Just shite when it's looking like they might be wheel to wheel on the last lap

Verstappen was also held up by the Haas before getting the DRS so I'd say it even itself out.

Hamilton would have got DRS from Max if he'd been close enough...but he wasn't.

There is what 5 races left and the next two in Mexico and Brazil should favour red bull. Could max have a big enough lead that he could be a but more cautious in the other three races to take the title?

21 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Aye I know it is. Just shite when it's looking like they might be wheel to wheel on the last lap

I can't disagree with that - it would have been a great tussle, and who knows with their history it is possible neither would have made the finish line.

• 2 weeks later...

It is fine margins and overall its massive credit to Red Bull and Verstappen.

But apart from putting Verstappen out of one race which doesn't really count, Bottas has been no help to Hamilton. 

That's the main benefit next season of George Russell coming in.

I think it's amazing the teams can operate with all the technicalities. 

Fair play to Red Bull for complaining about Hamilton's car. Interesting that all rules and regulations aren't all checked as standard. 

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think it's amazing the teams can operate with all the technicalities. 

Fair play to Red Bull for complaining about Hamilton's car. Interesting that all rules and regulations aren't all checked as standard. 

I thought it was spotted by one of the FIA officials and not a Red Bull complaint. 

SectionDJambo

Anything can still happen. Fortune is swinging back and forth for both drivers. It’s certainly more exciting than the usual procession for Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes. 
The fight for points between the other teams is also still very interesting.

1 minute ago, Bigsmak said:

You forget how good the Mercedes is until he has to do things like today. .. Very impressive

FTFY 

But yes it was very impressive, some of his moves were excellent. Equally, a lot were just straight line speed advantage.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

FTFY 

But yes it was very impressive, some of his moves were excellent. Equally, a lot were just straight line speed advantage.

You are right the speed really helps.  But to do that in such as short race, total concentration and no mistakes at all.  Very impressive. 

Just now, Bigsmak said:

You are right the speed really helps.  But to do that in such as short race, total concentration and no mistakes at all.  Very impressive. 

It was good and Mercedes have improved their speed.

But the drivers are pretty cautious in sprint qualifying to avoid crashing at all costs. So not defending to same extent. Same reason Verstappen didn't go for the win. 

2 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Absolutely. It would have been very easy for him to be reckless or be too cautious but he got it spot on. Controlled aggression up through the field.

Makes a mockery of the back markers though. Ahead of them all by turn 2 😂

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Absolutely. It would have been very easy for him to be reckless or be too cautious but he got it spot on. Controlled aggression up through the field.

Makes a mockery of the back markers though. Ahead of them all by turn 2 😂

If it was 3 or 4 more laps he would have finished 3rd.. Crazy.. he was right behind Perez at finish

Footballfirst
Posted at 20:08

Team radio - Mercedes to Hamilton

Pete Bonnington: "Lewis, just make sure you don't touch any other cars or check them out in any way."

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
Posted at 20:08

Team radio - Mercedes to Hamilton

Pete Bonnington: "Lewis, just make sure you don't touch any other cars or check them out in any way."

Had to grin at that one!

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-hamilton-respect-max-verstappen-stupid-comment/#:~:text=“I think at the core,for inspiration and for guidance.

I assume he'll be have a conversation with Toto about his "**** them all" comment over team radio.

Mercedes truly are the most hypocritical team. 

There’s a bit of a snide air about the team. 
On a more respectful note great scenes in Valencia at the end of the MotoGP as it’s the legend Valentino Rossi’s last race after an amazing career. I suspect the piss up is going to go on for a long time tonight. 

Was 0.2 of a millimetre Mercedes car failed the DRS regulations. Brilliant equipment. 

Certainly wasn't visible when Verstappen inspected the car. 

Verstappen was very conservative yesterday in staying second in sprint qualifying.

Guess he'll concentrate on holding off Bottas now. Shame he can't challenge Hamilton in a race. 

He was amazing this weekend.. But.. each week is different.. Should be a good end to the season!   After Friday night, with the penalty.. I thought that it was over and Lewis had no chance.. 

Good to see they are keeping us entertained! 

Edited by Bigsmak

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lewis Hamilton probably favourite for the championship now.  

Unless Red Bull can find some pace. Or more complaints are successful. 

He was very impressive this weekend, fair play to him. Still think Verstappen will take the title.

I P Knightley
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Was 0.2 of a millimetre Mercedes car failed the DRS regulations. Brilliant equipment. 

Certainly wasn't visible when Verstappen inspected the car. 

The pair of them (Merc & Red Bull) are whinging children. I can stand Verstappen and Horner even less than Hamilton and Wolff, though, so today's result suits me better.

It looks as though we'll have an interesting battle to the end of the season. Really hope that Verstappen blows it. Between the two of them, I think he'd be more miserable at losing than Hamilton would.

SectionDJambo
24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He was very impressive this weekend, fair play to him. Still think Verstappen will take the title.

I think that Hamilton will now do enough to take the Championship. Whatever Mercedes have done to that car, it’s straight line speed should dominate the last 3 tracks. 
For me, the significant happenings in the season have been the 2 races that Verstappen didn’t score any points due to being taken out by a Mercedes car. Hamilton at Silverstone and Bottas not long after that incident, when he managed to take out both Red Bull cars.

It’s all part of the game, of course, but if Hamilton had been on the wrong end of those incidents, he would still be reminding everyone.