• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, milky_26 said:

hamilton prperly throwing the toys out the pram

:glorious:

Always the same with him, a big bairn when he's not winning and it's always somebody else's fault as well.

Hamilton always praises the whole team and the strategy when he wins. And he literally said yesterday after qualy that they win as a team and lose as a team.

I'm no fan of his and enjoying their meltdown today but some of the stuff said about him is nonsense imo.

'Max just wait there, we want to interview Serena Williams' 

Anyone else find that moment a bit weird?

19 hours ago, Taffin said:

Hamilton always praises the whole team and the strategy when he wins. And he literally said yesterday after qualy that they win as a team and lose as a team.

I'm no fan of his and enjoying their meltdown today but some of the stuff said about him is nonsense imo.

Tend to agree - Mercedes seem to have a very vocal and clear approach when it comes to success/failure. 

Hamilton was a bit toys out of the pram, he could have just kept a couple of comments to himself but suspect that getting the anger out was a bit of therapy before race debrief.

Overall - first half of the race was interesting but was fairly mundane for the last 30 laps outside of watching Danny Ric be lapped by Lando. Verstappen raced well and felt sorry for Botas. 

Bigger question is how/can you improve Monaco to allow more overtaking/racing. It might be one of the race weekends better served by the sprint race ideas they are looking to implement.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Tend to agree - Mercedes seem to have a very vocal and clear approach when it comes to success/failure. 

Hamilton was a bit toys out of the pram, he could have just kept a couple of comments to himself but suspect that getting the anger out was a bit of therapy before race debrief.

Overall - first half of the race was interesting but was fairly mundane for the last 30 laps outside of watching Danny Ric be lapped by Lando. Verstappen raced well and felt sorry for Botas. 

Bigger question is how/can you improve Monaco to allow more overtaking/racing. It might be one of the race weekends better served by the sprint race ideas they are looking to implement.

I watched the "highlights" on Channel 4; more because I enjoy the Couthard/Webber commentary and insight than because I expected to see anything exciting. I wouldn't even say the first half was interesting. Not a single overtaking attempt. The only thing that had me intrigued was how Mazespin was warned about exceeding track limits and trying to work out where he had done so. I concluded that he must have cut a corner at one of the chicanes.

The only thing that could make Monaco a more interesting race, imo, would be to have half the cars race in one direction while the rest are racing in the other direction.

50 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I watched the "highlights" on Channel 4; more because I enjoy the Couthard/Webber commentary and insight than because I expected to see anything exciting. I wouldn't even say the first half was interesting. Not a single overtaking attempt. The only thing that had me intrigued was how Mazespin was warned about exceeding track limits and trying to work out where he had done so. I concluded that he must have cut a corner at one of the chicanes.

You also had Lando being flagged for track limits and warned. 

Pre race you had the build up where Leclerc was sitting in his Ferarri waiting for it to get going, then the novelty of how the race would start with Botas having a free space in front. The first corner was a good battle. After that the first half of the race was speculation about whether or nor Hamilton could attempt an undercut, you also had Botas having his wheel nut issue and retirement. After I just found it settled down and there wasn't a lot happening except for hoping for a safety car. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 red flags in the Qualifying session.... So far with Q1 still to go. 

100% more than one Safety car tomorrow... Could be an interesting race and maybe see an outsider win! 

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, Tazio said:

Mercedes completely threw Bottas under the bus there to try and get Hamilton pole. 

Bottas was less competitive than usual so it made sense for Mercedes to do something for him to earn his salary. Perhaps Hamilton was supposed to return the favour on the final runs? 

Sainz also did his bit to protect Leclerc's pole position. Although it was academic, he pulled his damaged car into the middle of the track,making doubly sure of a red flag.

I'd forgotten what a terrible track Baku is. 

This race will be won by the person who doesn't crash - and is at the right place on the track, just short of the pits, when others do and the safety car comes out. 

I can see the race being stopped and a restart as well. 

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Bottas was less competitive than usual so it made sense for Mercedes to do something for him to earn his salary. Perhaps Hamilton was supposed to return the favour on the final runs? 

Sainz also did his bit to protect Leclerc's pole position. Although it was academic, he pulled his damaged car into the middle of the track,making doubly sure of a red flag.

I'd forgotten what a terrible track Baku is. 

Mercedes appear to have done something 'experimental' suggested by Hamilton. Given the team ignored his suggestions last time and they failed they probably thought they should listen this time. 

It’s impressive how slow the Haas is, and even more impressive how slow Mazepin is in it. Schumacher can almost keep up with the Williams but Mazepin is a solid second a lap slower than him on most laps. 

Thats unlucky for him - he was hoping someone else did that and allow him to pit! 

But another example of how safe the F1 cars these days... The driver compartment is undamaged and he is just walking about.  If this was about 25 years ago, that car would have been halved! 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Could be a potentially useful crash for Hamilton. 

Or potentially not. Good work from Perez at the restart. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Definitely if some of them don’t calm down a bit. 

Hope they don't.   Keeps the race interesting! 

Interesting. Verstappen potentially still the winner if they don’t restart. Mercedes will go mental if that happens. 

Just now, Bigsmak said:

Again - 200mph crash and not a scratch on him¬ 

I’m more impressed at how drivers have these crashes and casually wander off. I’d be shaking for about an hour. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Interesting. Verstappen potentially still the winner if they don’t restart. Mercedes will go mental if that happens. 

Not sure as he didn't cross the start finish line - its the order at the end of the last lap.. Don't think the commentators are right on this one

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Again - 200mph crash and not a scratch on him¬ 

Tyre failure at that speed😦.

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Back in the 50’s and 60’s Max could have taken over Perez’s car to finish the race. 

Didn't know that.

Could be one of the most interesting conclusions to a race that we've seen in a while.

Just now, redjambo said:

Could be one of the most interesting conclusions to a race that we've seen in a while.

Fresh Tyres - Hamilton is a better racer.. 

2 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

It’s all about the first corner as there won’t be DRS in the 3 laps I’d imagine. We saw early in the race the sheer speed the Mercedes has on that big long straight. 

21 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Is that right? ;)

On 05/06/2021 at 14:05, Bigsmak said:

3 red flags in the Qualifying session.... So far with Q1 still to go. 

100% more than one Safety car tomorrow... Could be an interesting race and maybe see an outsider win! 

Perez indeed!

4 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Perez indeed!

And looked like one more lap would have had Vettel winning the race. Drama all round.