Prince Buaben

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's coming....this could be some finish but can he pass ?

I think that’s a non question really. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 points behind after this race but you have to feels sorry for Max...actually 8 points

Place is going crazy...some roar

I know the car is important but he is some driver as well

Edited by CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so the 10 second penalty is not even a penalty

Aye. 

All the noise will be about his great fightback rather than his shitehawk driving. 

Just now, CJGJ said:

7 points behind after this race but you have to feels sorry for Max

Place is going crazy...some roar

I always get the feeling the sound department give the crowd noise a hefty bump at points. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I always get the feeling the sound department give the crowd noise a hefty bump at points. 

not with over 120,000 there

Any injury to Verstappen will be a severe hindrance at the next race. Even a cracked rib will be problematic with the forces the drivers have on them. 

Malinga the Swinga

A desperate move from someone who just can't accept he isn't getting everything his own way. Of course you can't criticise Hamilton or he plays race card, but then again, British media too busy on their knees blowing him to dare mention the utter stupidity of what he did and the pathetic judgement of stewards 

A horrible man driving for a horrible team.

rossaldinho
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

We sit at Farm Curve and it was genuinely loud. 

Going back to what Tazio said as well about his wheel-to-wheel racing - looking what happened quite frequently when Rosberg was giving him a run for his money...

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That penalty reeks.

It's almost like they want to ensure Hamilton has every chance to score heavily and keep the championship tight. 

Damn right. Shocking decision as a reaction to shocking driving. Sky commentators and pundits are so up Lewis they can't bring themselves to criticise their darling Lewis.

Footballfirst

I think we have seen Verstappen being very aggressive earlier in the season and Hamilton backing out in order to avoid a collision more than once. Both drivers were praised by the commentators for driving hard, but fairly.

I think what we saw today was Hamilton not giving way on this occasion, but Verstappen continuing to drive aggressively but expecting Hamilton to back out.

There is no way that Hamilton was looking to take him out, as it would be just as dangerous for him, with either car/driver just as likely to come off worse.

The stewards decided that Hamilton was primarily at fault so gave him a 10 second penalty.  He served it but still made it to the front. What would have been more appropriate, or do you wait until the end of the race to see what the outcome is before apportioning a penalty?

Horner, despite his anger at the situation, didn't actually say what penalty should have been applied.  I'm sure he knows that if drivers responsible for collisions were excluded from a race if the other car is forced out or even loses time replacing a nose cone, then it would open a hornets nest.  There would be drivers excluded at nearly every race.  Horner also suggested that Hamilton was irresponsible trying to overtake on the inside at that corner, well he successfully overtook Norris and Le Clerc in that fashion. Are drivers supposed to avoid overtaking on specific corners on each track?  

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think we have seen Verstappen being very aggressive earlier in the season and Hamilton backing out in order to avoid a collision more than once. Both drivers were praised by the commentators for driving hard, but fairly.

I think what we saw today was Hamilton not giving way on this occasion, but Verstappen continuing to drive aggressively but expecting Hamilton to back out.

There is no way that Hamilton was looking to take him out, as it would be just as dangerous for him, with either car/driver just as likely to come off worse.

The stewards decided that Hamilton was primarily at fault so gave him a 10 second penalty.  He served it but still made it to the front. What would have been more appropriate, or do you wait until the end of the race to see what the outcome is before apportioning a penalty?

Horner, despite his anger at the situation, didn't actually say what penalty should have been applied.  I'm sure he knows that if drivers responsible for collisions were excluded from a race if the other car is forced out or even loses time replacing a nose cone, then it would open a hornets nest.  There would be drivers excluded at nearly every race.  Horner also suggested that Hamilton was irresponsible trying to overtake on the inside at that corner, well he successfully overtook Norris and Le Clerc in that fashion. Are drivers supposed to avoid overtaking on specific corners on each track?  

My feeling is that it was a stupid move from Hamilton, naive at best. If you watch the footage from the start line his car was under steering on nearly every corner. Brundle said in commentary that he thought he was taking turns wide to get more traction but to me it looked a lot like the front end wasn’t dialled in yet. So to attempt an overtaking manoeuvre on a long high speed corner when your car is a bit loose at the front may not have been the wisest. 

If Hamilton had hit the apex I'd say fair enough but Max left him room and instead Lewis stuck his car near enough down the middle of the corner and took him out.

Max was in the lead, all he has to do is leave a cars width surely. Which he did, Hamilton just choose not to use that space.

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My feeling is that it was a stupid move from Hamilton, naive at best. If you watch the footage from the start line his car was under steering on nearly every corner. Brundle said in commentary that he thought he was taking turns wide to get more traction but to me it looked a lot like the front end wasn’t dialled in yet. So to attempt an overtaking manoeuvre on a long high speed corner when your car is a bit loose at the front may not have been the wisest. 

This is based on no expertise whatsoever apart from watching races. I’m sure Brundle has forgotten more about F1 than I’ll ever know. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

This is based on no expertise whatsoever apart from watching races. I’m sure Brundle has forgotten more about F1 than I’ll ever know. 

Just going by the replays, Hamilton was momentarily alongside Verstappen to the extent that their front wheels were overlapping, but Verstappen was carrying more speed into the corner so went sufficiently ahead again that, when the contact contact occurred, it was Hamilton's front wheel to Verstappen's rear wheel.  

SectionDJambo

I don’t think we have heard or seen the last of this. If Verstappen was aggressively competitive before, he’ll come out fighting even harder now. He seems to be really pissed off that Hamilton celebrated so wildly that he didn’t mention any hope that Verstappen was ok in his pre podium interview. Verstappen was still in hospital during those scenes of celebration.
The 10 second penalty was never going to prevent Hamilton from winning the race, in that car, so the triumphant praise and celebration of a magnificent achievement was a bit over the top. If he still had Verstappen to beat under such a penalty, and won, it would have justified the euphoria, but not with the field left and the whole race to make up the time.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a similar incident happening, this season, with Hamilton on the wrong end next time. The punishment has been seen to be little obstacle to winning.

If you want a balanced report I’d suggest not reading the BBC report. Once again Andrew Benson has sat and typed it up wearing his Lewis Hamilton jammies. 

15 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A desperate move from someone who just can't accept he isn't getting everything his own way. Of course you can't criticise Hamilton or he plays race card, but then again, British media too busy on their knees blowing him to dare mention the utter stupidity of what he did and the pathetic judgement of stewards 

A horrible man driving for a horrible team.

Verstappen is such a safe, respectful driver.

Though it is good he is unharmed after Red Bull risked his life at Baku reducing tyre pressures to gain an advantage. 

Less boring now than it looked this Championship. 

luckyBatistuta

Finally got around to watching it this morning. 100% Lewis at fault, he really should have pulled out. They need to revisit their penalty rulings after watching that, as it just wasn’t a sufficient punishment imo.

Malinga the Swinga

Oh, what a shock. Lewis claims he received racial abuse after his drive. So predictable, both from the fact that racist neanderthals would send it, and Lewis and his adoring media would make that the focus, instead of his criminal driving.

Jambo-Jimbo
13 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don’t think we have heard or seen the last of this. If Verstappen was aggressively competitive before, he’ll come out fighting even harder now. He seems to be really pissed off that Hamilton celebrated so wildly that he didn’t mention any hope that Verstappen was ok in his pre podium interview. Verstappen was still in hospital during those scenes of celebration.
The 10 second penalty was never going to prevent Hamilton from winning the race, in that car, so the triumphant praise and celebration of a magnificent achievement was a bit over the top. If he still had Verstappen to beat under such a penalty, and won, it would have justified the euphoria, but not with the field left and the whole race to make up the time.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a similar incident happening, this season, with Hamilton on the wrong end next time. The punishment has been seen to be little obstacle to winning.

Not by a long way and not just with Verstappen.

It looked to me that Leclerc didn't trust Hamilton and got right out of the way when Hamilton overtook him at the same corner.

If so, if other drivers don't trust him anymore, then that could have serious implications for Hamilton.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh, what a shock. Lewis claims he received racial abuse after his drive. So predictable, both from the fact that racist neanderthals would send it, and Lewis and his adoring media would make that the focus, instead of his criminal driving.

Considering Hamilton is a Monaco domicile status non UK tax payer I hope zero police money here is spent on this. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Considering Hamilton is a Monaco domicile status non UK tax payer I hope zero police money here is spent on this. 

Quite the flag waving patriot then?

I don’t mind Hamilton but he does come across as a bit of an arrogant prick sometimes.

The Mighty Thor

Lewis playing the rac

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That was as inevitable as today following yesterday.

6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not by a long way and not just with Verstappen.

It looked to me that Leclerc didn't trust Hamilton and got right out of the way when Hamilton overtook him at the same corner.

If so, if other drivers don't trust him anymore, then that could have serious implications for Hamilton.

An interesting comment.

I always wondered how drivers view Verstappen after he started out as completely reckless as a driver.

Has he retained a bit of a fear factor that now benefits him? Or just learned to avoid these incidents more. 

Max could easily have avoided that crash. And probably retained track position. He nearly put Hamilton out of the race with only the red flag allowing his damage to be repaired. Not such a big deal really. The stewards have laid down a fairly consistent line so the drivers should know where they stand on that particular move. Or not. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

An interesting comment.

I always wondered how drivers view Verstappen after he started out as completely reckless as a driver.

Has he retained a bit of a fear factor that now benefits him? Or just learned to avoid these incidents more. 

Max could easily have avoided that crash. And probably retained track position. He nearly put Hamilton out of the race with only the red flag allowing his damage to be repaired. Not such a big deal really. The stewards have laid down a fairly consistent line so the drivers should know where they stand on that particular move. Or not. 

Why should Max avoid it? He was in the lead and ahead going into the corner and still left Lewis enough space (more than a cars width) up the inside if he wanted to take it. Instead Lewis decided to try and take the position whilst simultaneously missing the apex by a number of metres. His line had him pointing out of the corner towards the stand in the background until the contact.

As for Toto's little email about Lewis's wheels being at least halfway alongside Max this giving him the corner...what does that make Max's given the were about 2m further than Hamilton's nose cone.

Edited by Taffin

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

An interesting comment.

As the stewards found that Hamilton was at fault for the crash, then there is only one person who would have put Hamilton out of the race and that would have been himself and nobody else.

Hamilton could have easily avoided the crash as well, all he had to do was to have put his car in the proper position on the track, he did have plenty of room to have done so.

18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As the stewards found that Hamilton was at fault for the crash, then there is only one person who would have put Hamilton out of the race and that would have been himself and nobody else.

Hamilton could have easily avoided the crash as well, all he had to do was to have put his car in the proper position on the track, he did have plenty of room to have done so.

Leclerc and Alonso said it was a racing incident.

Mostly the usual Hamilton haters getting all uppity. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leclerc and Alonso said it was a racing incident.

Mostly the usual Hamilton haters getting all uppity. 

I don't like Hamilton, never have.

I think it was his fault, that's just my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why should Max avoid it? He was in the lead and ahead going into the corner and still left Lewis enough space (more than a cars width) up the inside if he wanted to take it. Instead Lewis decided to try and take the position whilst simultaneously missing the apex by a number of metres. His line had him pointing out of the corner towards the stand in the background until the contact.

As for Toto's little email about Lewis's wheels being at least halfway alongside Max this giving him the corner...what does that make Max's given the were about 2m further than Hamilton's nose cone.

Max should avoid it to avoid a crash. Very easily avoided actually. 

It was a racing incident. Stewards have chosen a line which seems to be about consistency. Fair enough. 

But with Mercedes improved straight line speed Verstappen will have some more choices to make. 

See if he has the guts. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was a racing incident. Stewards have chosen a line which seems to be about consistency. Fair enough. 

But with Mercedes improved straight line speed Verstappen will have some more choices to make. 

See if he has the guts. 

verstappen was ahead, it was his corner. the only way he would avoid a crash would be by going off track

edit, max had to turn in for the corner or do you expect everyone to jump out of the way of hamilton?

Edited by milky_26

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

See if he has the guts. 

Nah, not buying that. If they both take the lines they were going for there would have been no crash. When Max turned in he'd never in a million years expect a supposedly very experienced racing driver to be straddling his way across the corner missing the wide line and the inside line simultaneously. 

If anyone's guts are going it's Hamilton's. He's wanted competition and now he's got it he's resorted to taking people out like he used to do with Rosberg. Very agreeable guy who's hard to dislike...when he's winning...in the fastest car.

Edited by Taffin

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

verstappen was ahead, it was his corner. the only way he would avoid a crash would be by going off track

edit, max had to turn in for the corner or do you expect everyone to jump out of the way of hamilton?

You need to watch the incident. Verstappen chose a line that put him in that position and cut in.

I do see why people say it was Hamilton but Verstappen chose too. That's why more knowledgeable people call it a racing incident. 

You are entitled to try to pass. 

Edited by Mikey1874

For anyone interested this is what the FIA said:

“The stewards reviewed video and telemetry evidence,” the stewards said. “Cars 33 [Verstappen] and 44 [Hamilton] entered Turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside.

“Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.

“When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33. Car 44 is judged predominantly at fault.”

52 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You need to watch the incident. Verstappen chose a line that put him in that position and cut in.

I do see why people say it was Hamilton but Verstappen chose too. That's why more knowledgeable people call it a racing incident. 

You are entitled to try to pass. 

the stewards did not call it a racing incident. only the hamilton fanboys are calling it a racing incident. one big bit of evidence was once the pittiful penalty had been told to hamilton there was no reaction, no protest, no complaining. if it was a racing incident he would have moaned and complained about it. the fact he did not shows he knew he got away with it

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Max is no saint! He's known as an aggressive driver but doesn't like to when he's on the receiving end.

He received more penalty points than any other driver in 2015 and was equal worst in 2018.

indianajones
13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Found this from 2018.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR3Ls5tcp5A

Outcome 10 second penalty and 2 points on his licence.

2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Max is no saint! He's known as an aggressive driver but doesn't like to when he's on the receiving end.

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He received more penalty points than any other driver in 2015 and was equal worst in 2018.

Fine comparison other than the fact he didn't launch Vettel into a tire wall at high speeds. 

The Mighty Thor

The Hamilton defence force are in full swing now having a go at Horner for rightly criticising Hamilton's shit driving saying that the criticism is racially motivated. It's not. Hamilton is a ****. He'd be a **** regardless of his skin colour. 

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, JamboMarc said:

Can’t wait till Verstappen spanks Hamilton by 30 seconds in Hungary… 😏

See, I don't like either of them. It's a bit like the Old Firm. If they can spend the rest of the season taking each other out and let some of the decent guys race for the wins, I'd be a happy chap. I really can't choose between them which one of them I would want to win a race if there were no other option.

• 2 weeks later...