Prince Buaben

Just now, Taffin said:

Tbf I was also thinking his rage from the pit was about to cause chaos 😂

I don't understand why Mercedes pitted Hamilton on the hard tyre so soon after. Max had an 11 second stop and in the blink of an eye Mercedes had pitted Hamilton into a position where Max was over taking him again. Not sure if I missed something in all the ensuing chaos!

Norris is great!

i assume they saw the chance to get hamilton in front rather than letting him run long and have to overtake verstappen near the end

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

perez was stupid for not giving that place back. he clearly gained an advantage by going off the track

Think they're just using him to slow Bottas down now so Mercedes don't get the 25 points and maybe bring the Ferraris into contention. Not sure how much it benefits them though as they'll now definitely lost points to them in the constructor's championship 

It's had a lot to get the excitement going this race!

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

i am a max fan and it was on the first look it did seem like he might have threw it up wrongly. however yes more hamiltons fault.

that overtake by norris there seemed to be him saying to mercedes that he should have got the spot that russell did for next year

'Hamilton's fault'?

Hamilton has the line and Verstappen hits him. 

I do tend towards it being a racing incident. They both could have avoided it. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Hamilton's fault'?

hamilton did not give him a cars width and verstappen is a significant distance alongside hamilton

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hamilton did not give him a cars width and verstappen is a significant distance alongside hamilton

Everyone should always let the car behind overtake?

Hamilton is just racing and Verstappen hits him from behind.

Verstappen does the same as Hamilton did at the incident all the time. 

Edited by Mikey1874

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everyone should always let the car behind overtake?

Hamilton is just racing and Verstappen hits him from behind.

Verstappen does the same as Hamilton did at the incident all the time. 

He clearly squeezed him quite a lot, he left it open into the corner and then shut the door despite Max having every right to be there. Racing incident for me but if pushed to apportion blame, it was marginally Lewis's 'fault'. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

He clearly squeezed him quite a lot, he left it open into the corner and then shut the door despite Max having every right to be there. Racing incident for me but if pushed to apportion blame, it was marginally Lewis's 'fault'. 

According to Damon Hill Verstappen deliberately took out Hamilton to stop him winning the race. I think Damon may still have PTSD from Schumacher taking him out. 

Just now, Tazio said:

According to Damon Hill Verstappen deliberately took out Hamilton to stop him winning the race. I think Damon may still have PTSD from Schumacher taking him out. 

I mean it suited Verstappen in so far as he stayed ahead in the Championship, but I'm sure he'd rather have beaten Lewis and extended his lead, which he'll believe 100% he's capable of doing.

I'd say Hill is talking bollocks and you may be right. For me, they both just want to race, and race hard. I agree with Di Resta and Massa on it.

That's twice they both have been involved in incidences that could have seen one or both seriously injured or even killed.

Irresepective who is at fault, they both need a kick up the backside and a severe word from the stewards, because it's only a matter of time before we are talking about something more tragic happening.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Hamilton's fault'?

I tend to agree.  The "racing line" through a chicane is across the kerbs of the two corners.  I thought Hamilton had that line and it was up to Verstappen to avoid the collision, either by backing off, or missing the second apex and conceding the position after taking a short cut. Once Verstappen hit the kerb the collision was inevitable.

I think that the difference we are seeing this season, is that Hamilton has decided that he is going match Verstappen's aggression and not back down, whereas he might have done so in previous seasons when he clearly had the ascendency in the championship.

It seems inevitable that there will be further clashes between the pair before the end of this season. 

They both would benefit from agreeing how it's going to be now.

Actually by far the most dangerous crash was Verstappen's at Baku which Pirelli claim was caused by Red Bull dangerously reducing tyre pressures.

But Hamilton's life saved today. Interesting how what you think about happens.
Edited by Mikey1874

Hamilton causes a major collision for Verstappen at Silverstone which could have caused him severe injury. A crash into barriers at high speed which enabled Hamilton to win the race and catch up to Verstappen in the Driver’s Championship. Hamilton gets a ten second penalty which does nothing to punish him.

Verstappen is found guilty of causing a collision today which resulted in both drivers losing points and could have caused Hamilton severe injury. Verstappen gets a grid penalty.

Hamilton now saying, with every justification, that he was lucky to escape severe injury and thanks goodness someone was looking after him. Clearly wanting public sympathy for what happened to him today.

Whilst Verstappen was still in hospital as a result of his reckless act at Silverstone, Hamilton was running around celebrating and waving a big flag with not a thought for the driver he had catapulted into a barrier at high speed.

The two of them are as reckless as each another when they get too competitive, but the British F1 commentators will say nothing negative about Hamilton. 

14 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Hamilton causes a major collision for Verstappen at Silverstone which could have caused him severe injury. A crash into barriers at high speed which enabled Hamilton to win the race and catch up to Verstappen in the Driver’s Championship. Hamilton gets a ten second penalty which does nothing to punish him.

Verstappen is found guilty of causing a collision today which resulted in both drivers losing points and could have caused Hamilton severe injury. Verstappen gets a grid penalty.

Hamilton now saying, with every justification, that he was lucky to escape severe injury and thanks goodness someone was looking after him. Clearly wanting public sympathy for what happened to him today.

Whilst Verstappen was still in hospital as a result of his reckless act at Silverstone, Hamilton was running around celebrating and waving a big flag with not a thought for the driver he had catapulted into a barrier at high speed.

The two of them are as reckless as each another when they get too competitive, but the British F1 commentators will say nothing negative about Hamilton. 

I'm not particularly a fan of either of these drivers but, between Silverstone and Monza, I'd now say it was one all.

Hamilton's victory celebration in Silverstone was, perhaps, over-exuberant in the circumstances, knowing that he'd got away with a decision which could easily have gone harder against him. I'm sure that he'd have had a medical update that Verstappen was in hospital for observation, not fighting for his life and I'm also sure that Verstappen overplayed the "he didn't ask about me" story.

Then yesterday, Verstappen parked his car on top of Hamilton's head and walked away without checking into Hamilton's cockpit whether his head was still attached to his shoulders. He can't have it both ways.

Each collision was caused by the driver coming from behind - they can't claim that both are Hamilton's fault or both are Verstappen's; one-all.

Basically, they're a pair of shits in equal measures and if they keep taking each other out between now and the end of the season, letting someone else come through to win the championship, that would make me happy.

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I tend to agree.  The "racing line" through a chicane is across the kerbs of the two corners.  I thought Hamilton had that line and it was up to Verstappen to avoid the collision, either by backing off, or missing the second apex and conceding the position after taking a short cut. Once Verstappen hit the kerb the collision was inevitable.

I think that the difference we are seeing this season, is that Hamilton has decided that he is going match Verstappen's aggression and not back down, whereas he might have done so in previous seasons when he clearly had the ascendency in the championship.

It seems inevitable that there will be further clashes between the pair before the end of this season. 

Good summary - this is pretty much my entire outlook on yesterday's incident and this season. 

Looking at the aggression element - this is two drivers who are committing fully to the Senna approach. Senna would have done the exact same as Max did hoping the driver in front would chicken out. 

Would be tremendous (however unlikely) if they both shafted each other and Botas sneaked the championship. 😄

10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm not particularly a fan of either of these drivers but, between Silverstone and Monza, I'd now say it was one all.

Hamilton's victory celebration in Silverstone was, perhaps, over-exuberant in the circumstances, knowing that he'd got away with a decision which could easily have gone harder against him. I'm sure that he'd have had a medical update that Verstappen was in hospital for observation, not fighting for his life and I'm also sure that Verstappen overplayed the "he didn't ask about me" story.

Then yesterday, Verstappen parked his car on top of Hamilton's head and walked away without checking into Hamilton's cockpit whether his head was still attached to his shoulders. He can't have it both ways.

Each collision was caused by the driver coming from behind - they can't claim that both are Hamilton's fault or both are Verstappen's; one-all.

Basically, they're a pair of shits in equal measures and if they keep taking each other out between now and the end of the season, letting someone else come through to win the championship, that would make me happy.

Very different scenarios but I do accept the stewards have viewed Max's this weekend as deserving of greater punishment (somehow 🤷🏻‍♂️)

There was plenty of space up the inside at Copse for Lewis to be in whilst staying on the track. He chose not to use it. Max could have avoided yesterday but to do would have had to run off track as Lewis hadn't left him a space. 

Max was punished for not avoiding a crash, Lewis was punished for causing one imo.

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by Taffin

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

The fact LH was attempting to reverse his car, whilst MV was trying to get out of his, would suggest that LH was not "killed to death" - especially given how difficut it is to put an F1 car in reverse.... 

17 minutes ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

The fact LH was attempting to reverse his car, whilst MV was trying to get out of his, would suggest that LH was not "killed to death" - especially given how difficut it is to put an F1 car in reverse.... 

Indeed. 
I remember Prost saying that Senna was convinced he couldn’t be hurt because he believed in god and that was a dangerous way to be. Not quite the same but Hamilton hasn’t had a massive off in his career beyond the usual tyrewall hits they all inevitably have. Oddly he’s the driver who is always being quoted going on about how dangerous the sport is and how he’d have loved to have raced when it was still risky. I’m not sure how anyone can have an off like the one Kubicka had in Canada a few years ago and ever be able to race at 100% again. But that’s sort of what’s unique about them. 

Edited by Tazio

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Indeed. 
I remember Prost saying that Senna was convinced he couldn’t be hurt because he believed in god and that was a dangerous way to be. Not quite the same but Hamilton hasn’t had a massive off in his career beyond the usual tyrewall hits they all inevitably have. Oddly he’s the driver who is always being quoted going on about how dangerous the sport is and how he’d have loved to have raced when it was still risky. I’m not sure how anyone can have an off like the one Kubicka had in Canada a few years ago and ever be able to race at 100% again. But that’s sort of what’s unique about them. 

it is not just he canada crash but the rallying crash kubica had that lost him some use of one of his hands (i think thats right, unless he regained the movement)

1 hour ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

This is true but Verstappen was, essentially, asking for some courtesy when he criticised Hamilton's celebrations at Silverstone, despite the fact that he, also, had not been killed to death. It wouldn't have taken him much to get a thumbs up from Hamilton that he was OK.

49 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it is not just he canada crash but the rallying crash kubica had that lost him some use of one of his hands (i think thats right, unless he regained the movement)

Kubica's arm is still effed. I understand that, instead of having gearshift paddles on either side of the wheel, he operates upshifts and downshifts from a single paddle on one side.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely no chance you'd be going in at this stage. Norris wins as Hamilton pits. Too many cars to lap for Hamilton to get ahead now.

Edited by hughesie27

Just now, redjambo said:

So, driver of the day?

until the rain norris, due to getting second you could say verstappen but i would probably go for ricciardo or sainz and lean towards ricciardo

Gutted for Lando, absolutely gutted. Awful decision but incredibly gutsy and ballsy from him.

He'll learn from it though and he'll definitely get his win soon enough.

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Gutted for Lando, absolutely gutted. Awful decision but incredibly gutsy and ballsy from him.

He'll learn from it though and he'll definitely get his win soon enough.

He certainly will, he’s only 21 so plenty time for him. 

The radio broadcast is usually a lap behind. Lando' broadcasts would have made more sense before the deluge. 

His only chances of winning after the LH 'undercut' was staying out. And at that point if the rain stops, maybe he wins. Unfortunately it went the wrong way spectacularly and he looks silly :(