Prince Buaben

Another exciting (although heartbreaking end to a) grand prix. 

This season keeps delivering superb races. 

Was willing Lando to get round those last 3 laps. Thrilling stuff.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Another exciting (although heartbreaking end to a) grand prix. 

This season keeps delivering superb races. 

Was willing Lando to get round those last 3 laps. Thrilling stuff.

Great finish, but pissed for Lando.

F1 needs shit weather, as long as not too shit.🙂

Really disappointed for Lando Norris. Without the rain, he may have been caught by Hamilton anyway, but he would have been 2nd. Although the attention is on Hamilton winning his 100th GP, he can't have been happy to find that Verstappen finished 2nd after starting 20th. He was going to finish around 7th before the rain. A bit of a result for Verstappen, and Red Bull, after his new engine penalty.

It looks like being an interesting run to the end of the season.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Really disappointed for Lando Norris. Without the rain, he may have been caught by Hamilton anyway, but he would have been 2nd. Although the attention is on Hamilton winning his 100th GP, he can't have been happy to find that Verstappen finished 2nd after starting 20th. He was going to finish around 7th before the rain. A bit of a result for Verstappen, and Red Bull, after his new engine penalty.

It looks like being an interesting run to the end of the season.

i dont think hamilton would have got passed norris, remember during the race for a lot of laps hamilton could not get passed the other mcclaren of ricciardo

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i dont think hamilton would have got passed norris, remember during the race for a lot of laps hamilton could not get passed the other mcclaren of ricciardo

It’s certainly possible that Norris could have held him off.  I would think that Hamilton would have taken 2nd place with Verstappen 7th. He would have got the 100th victory sooner or later. Now it’s very tight with races coming where neither driver will have a huge advantage given by the track. 

6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s certainly possible that Norris could have held him off.  I would think that Hamilton would have taken 2nd place with Verstappen 7th. He would have got the 100th victory sooner or later. Now it’s very tight with races coming where neither driver will have a huge advantage given by the track. 

you also will have to factor in that sooner or later hamilton will probably have to start from the back due to using another engine just as verstappen did in russia 

With the washout at Spa, the crash at Monza and starting at the back of the grid we have only really seen the pace of the battery upgrade that Honda stuck on the Red Bull at Zandvoort so it will be interesting to see what that, couple with a new power unit will have done to their speed. Should be a cracking remainder of the season!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nicely done by Perez.

Very sporting too.

Indeed. Nice to see racing like that.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Will Hamilton nurse these tyres to the end? If anyone can do it, he can...

No chance. If Pérez has changed who is famously gentle on tyres then Hamilton will have to. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Will Hamilton nurse these tyres to the end? If anyone can do it, he can...

Oh well, it is worth a go.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I reckon LeClerc might try it. 

Unless his times go down, he starts losing grip or Bottas gets much closer, why not? Could be a cracker of a decision.

I'd have kept Hamilton out there. He could well have lost a place to Leclerc but that would have been all.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mercedes still looking like the fastest car. 

All to play for. 

It is now. I read a report yesterday that the Red Bull was potentially 0.15 or so faster per lap than the Mercedes at the start of the season but over the last few races it’s swung to around 0.25 to the Mercedes. 

31 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Hamilton's right. Another stupid tactical decision from Mercedes.

tbf i think hamilton should have pitted along with everyone else when they did what 10-15 laps earlier and he overruled the team

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

tbf i think hamilton should have pitted along with everyone else when they did what 10-15 laps earlier and he overruled the team

This. Once they didn't they should have stayed out imo. In the end they kind of got the worst of both worlds.

I guess they're just being risk averse with the title to fight for. 5th was better than tyre failure but agreed, if they'd pitted with the rest of them then the pace the Mercedes has would have seen them get 3rd or 4th imo.

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This. Once they didn't they should have stayed out imo. In the end they kind of got the worst of both worlds.

I guess they're just being risk averse with the title to fight for. 5th was better than tyre failure but agreed, if they'd pitted with the rest of them then the pace the Mercedes has would have seen them get 3rd or 4th imo.

i also think the last race might have been playing on their minds due to the fact that max after getting the full engine penalty came from last to finish 2nd

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I'll have to disagree with you both then. He would have been down in 5th if he had done that, imo. Staying out would have given him a good chance of keeping 3rd, 4th at worst. But we'll never know...

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I guess they're just being risk averse with the title to fight for.

Agreed, Taffin. It's like they played chicken and then lost their nerve.

• 2 weeks later...
SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

How rich must you be to get a space at the top of that tower in the middle of the track? 

I don’t think I’d feel comfy up there. It’s a long way down.

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So, do you think Hamilton will catch up and pass Verstappen by the end?

Looking more likely! 

2 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Looking more likely! 

Indeed, but still a big ask to actually overtake him!

Just now, redjambo said:

Indeed, but still a big ask to actually overtake him!

Actually.. last 2 laps - might not get near him! 

Great race

Why do they insist on cutting to the "battle for 11th" with 5 laps to go and the race is on.

Boils my piss😡

Another superb race.

Max drove a superb race whilst the pressure racked up lap after lap. 

I do wonder if Mercedes should have pitted Hamilton the lap after Verstappen's first pit stop and went for the pressure play if they came out behind him. It would have tweaked the strategy back to them allowing them to do the undercut on the 2nd stop.

3 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Verstappen getting DRS from Schumacher nullified the ending.

Not even slightly. It’s what happens on a track. Sometimes it helps coming across backmarkers, sometimes it doesn’t. Unless you’d like to see a devil take the hindmost race where the last placed driver gets called into the pits every couple of laps leaving just the front cars on track at the end of the race. 

16 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Another superb race.

Max drove a superb race whilst the pressure racked up lap after lap. 

I do wonder if Mercedes should have pitted Hamilton the lap after Verstappen's first pit stop and went for the pressure play if they came out behind him. It would have tweaked the strategy back to them allowing them to do the undercut on the 2nd stop.

toto wolf has said if they pitted hamilton any earlier they would have struggled getting to the end due to the degredation they were seeing on the tyres. whether that is just toto making excuses or is true doesn't matter now