Prince Buaben

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

First race of the season and teams nervy about reliability I’d imagine. 

More likely teams trying to save a set of new softs for the race.

Better to have them than waste them gaining just an extra place on the grid.

As we saw last year - with these new cars, race pace trumps starting position (unless it's somewhere like monaco...).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

As we saw last year - with these new cars, race pace trumps starting position (unless it's somewhere like monaco...).

Yeh definitely a strategy to keep a new set for tomorrow. Not sure how much difference it'll really make though other than a good start off the line as they'll still fall away quickly.

1 hour ago, Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic? said:

that is what they have said ferarri did with leclerc

Mercedes media interviews earlier in the week said they were absolutely sticking to last year's design and working to improve it. 

Suddenly now they say its getting changed. Are they confused or just have to respond to their drivers. 

I don’t care how slow it is that Alfa Romeo is gorgeous. The dark red is the traditional one they used back in the pre WWII days. 

31 laps in, 

Not that exciting a race, kind of the Max Verstappen show again, but there are other drivers who will get a win this season! 

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It doesn’t half liven up races when Alonso has a decent car. 

"this is a lovely car to drive"

F1 media and broadcasters clutching at straws that anything interesting is happening. 

Alonso getting third in a nice new car one of the greatest things that has ever happened in 50 years. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Day@theraces

Is it just me being cynical, or is there so much more talk over Max being in a car just too good than there was when Hamilton was in the silver bullet.

3 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Is it just me being cynical, or is there so much more talk over Max being in a car just too good than there was when Hamilton was in the silver bullet.

Of course. There’s also the thing that the Mercedes wasn’t only incredibly quick it was also unbelievably reliable with Hamilton barely ever having mechanical issues never mind having to stop during races. 

Just now, Taffin said:

Enjoyable race, some great battles out there. Just not at the front.

Just what I was thinking. Take Verstappen out the equation it wasn’t a bad race. 

Lando had a crazy day.. I think they kept him out just to get more miles on the car.. He had good pace when he wasn't sitting still in the pits... 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Isn’t that the entire sport? Fastest car wins and the bloke in it just drives it round? It’s a load of pish really 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Every time some commentator says that Lewis Hamilton is the greatest ever racing driver it causes me to shout at the tv. He is the most successful driver, but those guys who flew round racetracks in primitive design cars,  with nothing like the protection current drivers have, get my vote for being the greatest.

The courage and skill they displayed was staggering.

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Going to be a pish season if today was anything to go by.

I’d say it’s going to be a good season. All you have to do is ignore the battle for 1st and concentrate on the battle for 2nd in the championship. 

Seaside Dave
6 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Because Lewis is British and black. Couldn't possibly suggest it's just the mercedes. Sky would be deemed racist if they didn't say it was all Lewis 

hmfc_liam06
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’d say it’s going to be a good season. All you have to do is ignore the battle for 1st and concentrate on the battle for 2nd in the championship. 

Exciting stuff.

13 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Going to be a pish season if today was anything to go by.

If yesterday's anything to go by, yes. It probably won't be though.

Different tracks will suit different cars and Red Bulls reduced wind tunnel time may start to show, particularly given how much Aston Martin will have and they're already competitive. 

Will Max and Red Bull win the championships? Probably but I can't see it being boring 

Edited by Taffin

• 2 weeks later...
Seaside Dave

Max flying all practice and q1. car goes to shit for q2 and will start 15th. If they fix the car and it runs well all race we will get some excitement and camera time for the world champ. Alonso starting 2nd and backing him to pass checo on the first corner and build a good lead for max to hunt 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

alonso with a great start but could get a penalty for potentially not being in correct start position

He does have the penalty. Sounds like your stream might be a bit behind real time. 

Edited by Tazio

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very much appears that Toto is in the stewards ears again reporting Alonso for a potential breach at his 5 second penalty. 

Fernando Alonso has been handed a 10-second time penalty by the stewards and drops down to fourth place. George Russell is promoted to third spot.

26 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Looking like being a long, boring, season. 

Really?!? I'm hoping we're in for the first in-team battle since 2016. Checo was right on Max's pace today.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Really?!? I'm hoping we're in for the first in-team battle since 2016. Checo was right on Max's pace today.

perez normally does well at street circuits

Seaside Dave

Hello of a driver by the world champion. Also wee cheeky fastest lap to finish the grand Prix 😂😂 let's go max you absolute beauty 

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That would be good but I can't see it at all. Verstappen is going to be around a lot longer than Perez and Red Bull will want to keep him and his old man sweet. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

:rofl:

As if Horner would allow that.

Give it another 3 or 4 races and Perez will be told to let Max win.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

That would be good but I can't see it at all. Verstappen is going to be around a lot longer than Perez and Red Bull will want to keep him and his old man sweet. 

55 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:rofl:

As if Horner would allow that.

Give it another 3 or 4 races and Perez will be told to let Max win.

We'll see. I'm pretty sure if Checo can compete that he'll be allowed to.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You might want Mark Webber’s opinion on that. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You might want Mark Webber’s opinion on that. 

Bit harsh, Webber absolutely competed 1 season... but also not really comparable. He was never in a 2 horse race and him and Vettel were reckless and put the team at risk. If Checo and Max become reckless and under pressure from another driver then of course, there will be team orders. 

hmfc_liam06
36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Perez got told to let Max win early on last season, might have even been the second race.

There is no way Horner will allow them to compete against each other.

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Perez got told to let Max win early on last season, might have even been the second race.

There is no way Horner will allow them to compete against each other.

Was it a 2 horse race at the start of last year? No. Perez was also 4th, did Horner tell Checo to let Sainz and Leclerc beat him too?

Edited by Taffin

Maybe it's for 1 car only set ups.

Red Bull are now are now trying to get Verstapoen to as many championships as possible to catch Schumacher, Hamilton wins.

As Red Bull tried initially with Vettel and McLaren with Hamilton and Ferrari with Schumacher.

Starting to get a bit tedious.

Just watch for the highlights now and sometimes only if a shock.

Edited by DETTY29