Prince Buaben

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Mercedes are so reckless. Constantly ruin other people's races. What's the odds we'll hear that Sainz 'turned in on me'.

Russell is getting a reputation of being Mr It Wasn’t My Fault in F1. 
It’s funny listening to Brundle going from blaming Russell to convincing himself that Sainz slowed down for some odd reason. When if you watch the footage Russell is locked up and out of control before the incident even happens. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Mercedes are so reckless. Constantly ruin other people's races. What's the odds we'll hear that Sainz 'turned in on me'.

Called it.

And now Brundle says it is a drivers responsibility to not be hit by other cars. 
Now I’m no expert but I reckon that’s more difficult than it sounds…

red bull exceeded the cap by £1.86M, their punishment is a £7M fine and a 10% reduction in the use of their wind tunnel or computational fluid dynamics for designing their aero parts. They have not had their cap for next year reduced

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Sounds like both Red Bull and Aston Martin overspent / erroneously accounted in similar ways.

But as AM are a smaller team, with lower operating costs, these overspends didn't push them over the cap.

Not sure how these late tax rebates effect budgets though - do they carry over into the next year's costs?

Both teams could do with new CFOs though...

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well this Mexican Grand Prix is impressively boring. 

Dull as can be eh? Was just sitting willing a safety car or literally anything to spice it up even a little bit. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Ha, another race and another Hamilton message about Verstappen on the radio grass line again. 

It's funny my mates a Louise fan where im max and he's saying max gurning on radio again. From he said it Lewis was on about 6 or 7 times saying wrong tyre etc this was mercedes with big upgrades and George even Said they are fastest car this weekend and boom max sails away 😍 ps **** ted 

28 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

It's funny my mates a Louise fan where im max and he's saying max gurning on radio again. From he said it Lewis was on about 6 or 7 times saying wrong tyre etc this was mercedes with big upgrades and George even Said they are fastest car this weekend and boom max sails away 😍 ps **** ted 

:getout:

• 2 weeks later...

Entertaining little sprint race. Two points of interest so far. 
Russell doing the grass in the radio routine about other drivers exceeding track limits, in the style of Hamilton. Clearly something they’ve been told to do by Toto the twat. 
Stroll is a danger on a track, forcing anyone into the grass on a straight is dodgy, even more so if it’s a teammate. 

15 hours ago, Tazio said:

Entertaining little sprint race. Two points of interest so far. 
Russell doing the grass in the radio routine about other drivers exceeding track limits, in the style of Hamilton. Clearly something they’ve been told to do by Toto the twat. 
Stroll is a danger on a track, forcing anyone into the grass on a straight is dodgy, even more so if it’s a teammate. 

Risky tactic from red bull with mediums for max although he now has 2 fresh sets of softs for the race. Sounds ok unless there's rain and it's out the window. Thankfully title is over but I'd love a season where sky sports little wankfest merchant doesn't get a win all season 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Verstappen showing himself up for the prick that he is this weekend.

Looking forward to hearing how some excuse his behaviour.

This. It has been surprising to see some folk on this thread supporting Max and his behaviour over the last couple of years.

Poor show from Max not letting Checo back through. This kind of thing has happened loads over the years I guess, personally I'm not in favour of team orders.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Poor show from Max not letting Checo back through. This kind of thing has happened loads over the years I guess, personally I'm not in favour of team orders.

Curious insight into Verstappen's mind.

He comes across very well mostly. Good attitude, grounded. Brilliant World Championship this year even with the struggles of Mercedes and Ferrari. 

But then Hamilton challenges him and he goes back to ultra aggressive. Perhaps. Or simply a misunderstanding within Red Bull. 

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious insight into Verstappen's mind.

He comes across very well mostly. Good attitude, grounded. Brilliant World Championship this year even with the struggles of Mercedes and Ferrari. 

But then Hamilton challenges him and he goes back to ultra aggressive. Perhaps. Or simply a misunderstanding within Red Bull. 

I certainly found it curious that he admitted to essentially deliberately taking Hamilton out yesterday.

He’s shown his true colours this weekend.

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I certainly found it curious that he admitted to essentially deliberately taking Hamilton out yesterday.

He’s shown his true colours this weekend.

I just saw that interview where he says costing Hamilton 5 seconds was a good result as it stopped him winning race. 

After Brazil's President said Hamilton was 8 times World Champion I suppose a response from Verstappen was expected. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I just saw that interview where he says costing Hamilton 5 seconds was a good result as it stopped him winning race. 

After Brazil's President said Hamilton was 8 times World Champion I suppose a response from Verstappen was expected. 

I’m not sure deliberately endangering another driver is an expected response.

I suspect the FIA will do nothing about it as well.

On 14/11/2022 at 15:12, Taffin said:

reb bull have released the following statement, basically blaming that max was only told at the last corner

As a team we made some mistakes in Brazil. We had not envisaged the situation that unfolded on the last lap and we had not agreed a strategy for such a scenario before the race. Regretfully, Max was only informed at the final corner of the request to give up position without all the necessary information being relayed. This put Max, who has always been an open and fair team player, in a compromising situation with little time to react which was not our intention. Following the race Max spoke openly and honestly, allowing for both drivers to resolve any outstanding issues or concerns. The Team accept Max's reasoning, the conversation was a personal matter which will remain private between the team and no further comment will be made.
The events that followed from a social media point of view are completely unacceptable. The abusive online behaviour towards Max, Checo, the Team and their respective families is shocking and saddening and unfortunately is something that we as a sport are having to address with depressing regularity. There is no place for it in racing or society as a whole and we need to do and be better. At the end of the day this is a sport, we are here to race. Death threats, hate mail, vitriol towards extended family members is deplorable. We value inclusion and want a safe space for everyone to work in and enjoy our sport. The abuse needs to stop.

Edited by milky_26

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

reb bull have released the following statement, basically blaming that max was only told at the last corner

As a team we made some mistakes in Brazil. We had not envisaged the situation that unfolded on the last lap and we had not agreed a strategy for such a scenario before the race. Regretfully, Max was only informed at the final corner of the request to give up position without all the necessary information being relayed. This put Max, who has always been an open and fair team player, in a compromising situation with little time to react which was not our intention. Following the race Max spoke openly and honestly, allowing for both drivers to resolve any outstanding issues or concerns. The Team accept Max's reasoning, the conversation was a personal matter which will remain private between the team and no further comment will be made.
The events that followed from a social media point of view are completely unacceptable. The abusive online behaviour towards Max, Checo, the Team and their respective families is shocking and saddening and unfortunately is something that we as a sport are having to address with depressing regularity. There is no place for it in racing or society as a whole and we need to do and be better. At the end of the day this is a sport, we are here to race. Death threats, hate mail, vitriol towards extended family members is deplorable. We value inclusion and want a safe space for everyone to work in and enjoy our sport. The abuse needs to stop.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure he was told he was to give the place back if he didn't get Alonso by the exit of turn 12 so he knew long before the last corner.

In fairness, Checo was told they'd swap back if they were together on the last lap. He was 4s behind at the end so not really together.

You just need 2 seconds to give up a position. 

It's something you've practiced hundreds of times. 

But to be fair to Red Bull there’s no need for this to linger. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anything from the FIA about Max's admission of deliberately taking out Lewis yet?

Need to wait to next season if Mercedes can produce a car that competes with Red Bull.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Need to wait to next season if Mercedes can produce a car that competes with Red Bull.

As long as Red Bull can produce a car within the budget cap 👍

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Anything from the FIA about Max's admission of deliberately taking out Lewis yet?

He got a 5s penalty for it in race?

Collisions that attract penalties are generally deliberate...otherwise they'd just be racing incidents. The only difference here is that Max admitted openly to it.

Nice way to end the season max strolling to victory. Hamiltons car shit itself. Vettel getting in the points on his final race. 

Shame checo couldn't grab 2nd in the title but overall 

17 wins 

2 sprint wins 

5 1_2 finishes for red bull 

Driver championship 

Constructor championship

❤️

104 days to race 1 2023

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mick Schumacher to Mercedes as Reserve driver for 2023.

Will be a popular move. 

Also the dates for next season announced by the FIA today. 3 races in the USA! Miami, COTA, and Las Vegas. The season runs from March until November. 

• 2 months later...

It's 'rawe ceek'!!!

Sandbagging? Fuel loads? Or is Alonso really set to challenge?!?

The pink mercedes slowly transitioned to the green red bull last year...and it looks like they've now arrived at something pretty racy.

I think we'll see some more pace from Ferrari come qualy this afternoon. With the front two row locked out with them and red bull. Tomorrow though, I reckon we may see Alonso grab himself a spot on the podium. Points for Haas too and a cheery phonecall to Gene.

Mercedes duking it out for 6th and 7th.

Bring it on!!

(Watch the above turn out to be total nonsense)

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

It's 'rawe ceek'!!!

Sandbagging? Fuel loads? Or is Alonso really set to challenge?!?

The pink mercedes slowly transitioned to the green red bull last year...and it looks like they've now arrived at something pretty racy.

I think we'll see some more pace from Ferrari come qualy this afternoon. With the front two row locked out with them and red bull. Tomorrow though, I reckon we may see Alonso grab himself a spot on the podium. Points for Haas too and a cheery phonecall to Gene.

Mercedes duking it out for 6th and 7th.

Bring it on!!

(Watch the above turn out to be total nonsense)

alonso tops final practice, but only 5 thousands of a second faster than MV. LH was 2 tenths further back in 4th were they sandbagging? we will find out during quali

37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

alonso tops final practice, but only 5 thousands of a second faster than MV. LH was 2 tenths further back in 4th were they sandbagging? we will find out during quali

I reckon the sandbagging was before. I'll be amazed if Mercedes have the pace for anything more. It's certainly exciting though with Alonso in the mix...never saw that coming in the off season.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I reckon the sandbagging was before. I'll be amazed if Mercedes have the pace for anything more. It's certainly exciting though with Alonso in the mix...never saw that coming in the off season.

Mercedes will be there or thereabouts I reckon. I take Hamilton’s comments with a pinch of salt, similar to when he moans constantly about tyres and then sets a fastest lap. Cue the praise for his superhuman ability from pundits. 

Ferrari find some pace in Q3. Red Bull 1 and 2.

Alonso prowling in 5th.

Nobody else could get close in the end.

it was strange the way that a number of drivers either came out for their second flying lap in Q3 early or decided not to come out at the end when they had time for another lap

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

it was strange the way that a number of drivers either came out for their second flying lap in Q3 early or decided not to come out at the end when they had time for another lap

First race of the season and teams nervy about reliability I’d imagine.