Prince Buaben

for me thats two races this weekend, this and the formula 2 one where the halo device has probably saved drivers involved in crashes

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Really? You want to see my wife reverse park our Golf.

RustyRightPeg
5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Except for the director on Leclerc taking that place back.

Same corner and same positioning as Lewis and Max last year. 

Scary corner that, especially in these cars, they aren’t flat on it anymore but being a lot closer a lot more frequently means we could see that incident more frequently. 

rossaldinho

Everything that had to happen for Zhou to come away unscathed, happened thankfully. Went into the gravel rear-first then the floor hitting the fence and not the top.

First year we didn't go to Silverstone for a while now, wasn't initially arsed for going this year but was gutted at the end that we never went. Looking at going to Hungary or Austria next year for a change. 

Jambo-Jimbo

It was a good job that the race was red flagged at the first corner as 7 Just Stop Oil protestors had ran onto the track and sat down on the Wellington straight yesterday.  Absolute nutters, not a fecking brain cell between them.

Sorry it's the mail, but it has some good photos and a video of these nutters being dragged off the track.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10979965/Martin-Brundle-takes-swipe-Gary-Lineker-British-Grand-Prix-protestors.html

On 03/07/2022 at 16:58, Tazio said:

In addition to actually being good Hamilton really is a lucky driver. 

Lucky he wasn't killed last year. Halo saved his life too when Verstappen whipped his car on its head.

Safety people in F1 the tops.

Just now, Bigsmak said:

The Halo is an amazing piece of kit - Abso-flipping-beautiful

i remember the different designs and testing with some of the higher profile drivers hating it and not wanting it as it obscured their view. sort of a similar reaction some had to the HANS system to reduce the chances of whiplash

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see Lewis crying over his treatment in Austria. Had everything his own way for years, rulings made in his favour that were ridiculous and now he faces first time in non competitive car, he can't cope.

Be better for everyone if he retired before he hurts someone in crash. 

He can then campaign for BLM, the environment or whatever the latest trend he decides to jump on.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Perez at fault for that one

Russell gets a 5 second penalty gor causing a collision

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Russell gets a 5 second penalty gor causing a collision

I saw that - I watched the replay and Perez was ever so slightly ahead.  

rossaldinho
23 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see Lewis crying over his treatment in Austria. Had everything his own way for years, rulings made in his favour that were ridiculous and now he faces first time in non competitive car, he can't cope.

Be better for everyone if he retired before he hurts someone in crash. 

He can then campaign for BLM, the environment or whatever the latest trend he decides to jump on.

Had no issues popping the champagne last year at Silverstone when Max was in the hospital after he took him out...

• 2 weeks later...

The coverage is not great - Russel got past Alonso and it hasn't even been mentioned.   

Sainz is overtaking loads and we haven't seen it at all. 

Alonso had a great race - 

Clear gaps in the quality of the cars.   

Ferrari and Red Bull look amazing

Then Merc just behind those two, 

Then Alpine and McLaren are really even

hmfc_liam06

Whoever runs strategy for Ferrari needs sacked.

Ferrari also need to improve on Leclerc. Had Hamilton had that Ferrari this year he’d have been out of sight in the championship.

6 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Do Ferrari just hate themselves? 

You have to think now there needs to be a big review at Ferrari. Countless errors and mechanical issues. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Whoever runs strategy for Ferrari needs sacked.

Ferrari also need to improve on Leclerc. Had Hamilton had that Ferrari this year he’d have been out of sight in the championship.

I think that if any competent driver / strategist were using Ferrari they would better than Red Bull - Dont think their drivers are good enough right now

49 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

I think that if any competent driver / strategist were using Ferrari they would better than Red Bull - Dont think their drivers are good enough right now

Ferrari strategy did seem a bit off for Sainz today but I think there is an argument to be made that if they left him out there till the end they risked the tyres giving up and crashing out. Think back to when Verstappen had tyre failures in previous seasons from leading positions. To me that was a risk they were not willing to take. 

Arguably they should have brought him in much sooner to give him a shot at catching Perez.

Verstappen is going to win this year because he's been consistent rather than outrageously good. 

I P Knightley

A wee splash of rain and the running order goes all to pot.

Nicholas Latifi fastest in practice. Could make for an interesting grid if it carries on pishing it down.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How do Ferrari continue to make such basic strategy errors? 

Stupid is as stupid does - 

Running Med - Med tyres - and with 30 laps to go they had to go to hard - Crazy

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How do Ferrari continue to make such basic strategy errors? 

they messed up going medium, medium as the softs would not last the rest of the race

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bigsmak said:

Or maybe - come Lap 60, the mediums will be dead and LeClerc's Hard's just sail past everyone? 

Evidently that’s the hope. 

The rain forecast at the start has obviously thrown them off but how do Russell’s Softs last longer than Sainz’s mediums at the start