Prince Buaben

Very wet weather for qualifying in Canada. I like when that happens as it can throw up interesting grid positions for the race. Alonso nailing it so far in terms of making a car perform way beyond it’s abilities. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

Looking at BBC reports, all they care about is Mercedes and Hamilton. Get the feeling they'd gladly chuck themselves in front of rest of cars if their beloved man could get back on podium.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Looking at BBC reports, all they care about is Mercedes and Hamilton. Get the feeling they'd gladly chuck themselves in front of rest of cars if their beloved man could get back on podium.

Andrew Benson their main F1 man on the BBC website is a disgrace in terms of neutrality. 

Lovely sunny weather so I’d expect Verstappen to vanish up the road if Alonso somehow manages to stay in 2nd off the line. Shame for Alonso as I don’t see any way the Alpine can live with the top teams. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Lovely sunny weather so I’d expect Verstappen to vanish up the road if Alonso somehow manages to stay in 2nd off the line. Shame for Alonso as I don’t see any way the Alpine can live with the top teams. 

i do think alonso might take the lead at the start as he seems to have a really good start. however within a few laps MV will get by him and then scamper away at the front

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Bernie Ecclestone on Putin

"He is a first class person" 

"I would take a bullet for him"

16 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

"I would take a bullet for him"

"he should run europe"

on lewis hamiton and the piquet racism comment "he should just brush those comments aside"

To be fair to F1 they have moved on from Russia quite well.

They have tended to praise their hosts well. Lewis Hamilton after winning praised Putin who attended the GPs. But they have moved on. Bernie is in his own time warp. 

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Remember the arsehole in the Irish kilt that ran down the track at the British Grand Prix a few years ago? 

19 years ago

also a bit geeky but i liked the pedal cam on landos car, i think it would be good to see a full lap with the in car view side by side 

On 01/07/2022 at 14:29, milky_26 said:

also a bit geeky but i liked the pedal cam on landos car, i think it would be good to see a full lap with the in car view side by side 

Sooperstar
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I always though they used heel/toe driving in these cars. Suddenly I reckon I could get one of them round in decent time 😂

Edited by Sooperstar

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I always though they used heel/toe driving in these cars. Suddenly I reckon I could get one of them round in decent time 😂

It’s been a long time since they had to heel/toe an F1 car. Pretty much since paddle shifts arrived. 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Red flag. Car upside down through the gravel.

Well at least Hamilton will beat Russell today. 

Sooperstar
Just now, Tazio said:

A bit worrying they are making sure none of the cameras are showing the Alfa Romeo. 

No replay either. Looked to be sliding along upside down for a fair distance.

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

No replay either. Looked to be sliding along upside down for a fair distance.

Just rewound and it was upside down and spinning the whole time the car was on screen.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Who’s at fault?

Racing incident I’d say. Ghasly went for a gap and Russell didn’t see he was there. 
They’ve just showed the full crash now, he’s a very lucky boy that was quite a crash. 

RustyRightPeg

That’s an almighty crash. 

Thankfully all okay. 

Back racing. Here we go. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Won’t be long until Hamilton and Norris demonstrate why DRS isn’t really fair. 

And there we go. 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Seems a strange choice to put the hard tyre on when others seem to be struggling on them.

He’d run the medium tyre so needed to put a different compound on and they mentioned earlier on that Vettel had only got 8 laps out of the softs. So to get to the end the hard was the choice or it would be hoping he could get far enough on front on the softs for another stop. 

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’d run the medium tyre so needed to put a different compound on and they mentioned earlier on that Vettel had only got 8 laps out of the softs. So to get to the end the hard was the choice or it would be hoping he could get far enough on front on the softs for another stop. 

Ah yes, forgetting he had to use a different type.

Softs now for Sainz and Hamilton.

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This is great stuff. 

Except for the director on Leclerc taking that place back.

Sooperstar
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He really was lucky. He rollover hoop has gone leaving just the halo. 

DCDADFA5-096D-40CC-8473-C7E475BB6C31.jpeg

You can see why it took them so long to get him out.