Prince Buaben

World champion with another win. 5 second penalty. Damage to the car and still rises to a glorious victory. Checo last lap shambles again loses positions. But now guaranteed 1-2 for red bull in the driver's championship. Max equals Sebastian vettel win tally. What a world ****ing champion max is ❤️❤️

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually really enjoyed that this morning. Thought Leclerc drove a terrific race. I really hope Ferrari can challenge next year properly (but RB still win 🤞)

Regretfully the FIA again today show their Red Bull Max love but not immediately making a decision when he, Verstappen, clearly ran Leclerq off the track. Instead delayed it to avoid having Verstappen give the place back. 

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Regretfully the FIA again today show their Red Bull Max love but not immediately making a decision when he, Verstappen, clearly ran Leclerq off the track. Instead delayed it to avoid having Verstappen give the place back. 

I'd have preferred max to give it back as he would have overtook him next drs. Instead leclerc had a 28 second lead at one point and a slower pitstop and safety car then choosing not to pit him for fresher tyres ultimately gave max an advantage. 

55 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

I'd have preferred max to give it back as he would have overtook him next drs. Instead leclerc had a 28 second lead at one point and a slower pitstop and safety car then choosing not to pit him for fresher tyres ultimately gave max an advantage. 

Yeh, if you can't stay within 5 seconds of someone you were getting re-passed anyway in all honesty.

Leclerc did amazingly well to stay in the mix though despite his different strategy.

He done superb and that on the last lap was brilliant. I mean it's the only place he could overtake and checo left the door wide open for him. 

On 19/11/2023 at 18:04, Seaside Dave said:

I guess ultimately LeClerc's  or Ferrari's decision not to pit him cost him, I'd have thought it was a safe bet to pit him as if Vers hadn't pitted Leclerc would have had a massive tyre advantage. The thing that galls me is the fact that at the point the decision was made it was giving Vers an advantage, and was just plain and simple wrong. It is incredible how many times vers has run people wide, they should do what he does and just not go wide, but I guess he's racing for nothing at the moment, everyone else needs points.

1 hour ago, H2 said:

I guess ultimately LeClerc's  or Ferrari's decision not to pit him cost him, I'd have thought it was a safe bet to pit him as if Vers hadn't pitted Leclerc would have had a massive tyre advantage. The thing that galls me is the fact that at the point the decision was made it was giving Vers an advantage, and was just plain and simple wrong. It is incredible how many times vers has run people wide, they should do what he does and just not go wide, but I guess he's racing for nothing at the moment, everyone else needs points.

Was just an ichident mate 

Thank god that season is over. Probably one of, if not the most boring season in the history of F1. 

Cant wait for the new one already though. 

3 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Thank god that season is over. Probably one of, if not the most boring season in the history of F1. 

Outstanding season. Plenty of drama plenty of tears. Plenty of max wins. Plenty of bottles of spray everywhere. 

Max Verstappen 3 in a row champion of the world 🇱🇺

Roll on February 

7 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Hamilton world champion in a superior car = great driver.

Verstappen world champion in a superior car = great car.

Yip that's all you hear nowadays for such a dominate max 

On 26/11/2023 at 17:34, Rudi Skacel said:

I get that it was the Max show this year - but other than him there was so much going on - 

Ferrari - Up and down - no strategy at all - couldn't win a race if they were the only cars - 

Alonso - how does he do what he does in those cars - put him in the red bull and he would be right up there - 

McLaren - nowhere in the first 9 races - then Really strong in the remaining ones - Lando was the second highest scorer from race 10 onwards. 

SectionDJambo
On 27/11/2023 at 01:05, Day@theraces said:

This, and the ridiculous, in my view, descriptions of Lewis Hamilton as the greatest ever F1 driver. Most successful, yes. Greatest, no. Those guys who raced in death trap cars, at outrageous speeds before the cars became as safe as they are now, are the best champions of the sport. 

This is not to demean Hamilton's achievements, or Verstappen's, but the likes of Clark, Stewart, Hill, Senna, Lauda etc., put their lives on the line everytime and didn't hold back.

Is that what they say in Holland, Austria etc?

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don't know I don't read the news there. Britain does have the biggest press in Europe? so is the loudest. It's always going to come down to the car in F1, but the great drivers get the most out of their car. Hamilton is a great driver, as is Alonso and Max. But I don't believe this current Verstappen would lose out to Rosberg in the same car.

Only recently started following F1 so excuse my ignorance but are both teammates cars the exact same?

I dunno who’s better out them. I like verstappen cause he’s abit of a madman behind the wheel but watching Lewis drive from last to first place can’t mind when that was but that’s when I started watching regular couldn’t believe what I seen tbh 😂

20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Exactly. British press in backing British driver shock 😅

Like when folk complain the English media discuss the England team at major tournaments. As if the other nations aren’t doing the same.

If you want pro-Max coverage, watch the Dutch broadcast.

I don’t even think Sky is that bad in terms of pro-Lewis / anti-Max. There’s a few folk but on balance it isn’t too bad.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

11 hours ago, KG1874 said:

Only recently started following F1 so excuse my ignorance but are both teammates cars the exact same?

I dunno who’s better out them. I like verstappen cause he’s abit of a madman behind the wheel but watching Lewis drive from last to first place can’t mind when that was but that’s when I started watching regular couldn’t believe what I seen tbh 😂

Essentially yes. They might be set up differently, but it's the same technology, parts, power etc. 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Essentially yes. They might be set up differently, but it's the same technology, parts, power etc. 

right I’m just trying to wrap my head around the car being the reason someone wins more than the driver I’d have expected Perez to finish 2nd more often than no if that was true. It’s probs a lot more complex than I’m making it out to be 

A very good car is still very hard to drive and control. So there's no doubt Hamilton and Verstappen are great drivers. There's enough evidence of that.

The question is more about the drivers who never get the best cars. 

3 hours ago, KG1874 said:

right I’m just trying to wrap my head around the car being the reason someone wins more than the driver I’d have expected Perez to finish 2nd more often than no if that was true. It’s probs a lot more complex than I’m making it out to be 

There are alot of better drivers that are in good  cars. That's why they beat Perez. There's no one better on the grid than max and his red bull for 2 season's now 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sooperstar

A Hamilton move to Ferrari for the 2025 season expected to be announced today. Not a great move for Ferrari in my opinon. 

Statts1976uk
13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

A Hamilton move to Ferrari for the 2025 season expected to be announced today. Not a great move for Ferrari in my opinon. 

Starts the merry go round, where next for Sainz? A race winner with not many options unless he heads to Mercedes or Aston Martin if Alonso heads there. Maybe this might affect Perez at Red Bull.

Mikey1874
33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Odd move. Lewis accepting he'll never get that 8th wdc.

What everyone said when Hamilton left McLaren for an uncompetitive Mercedes. 

Ferrari was always an option in the background and I think Hamilton wants to fulfill his idol Ayrton Senna's plans (Senna was due to join Ferrari the seson after he died). 

7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

mercedes have confirmed hamilton is leaving them at the end of the 2024 season and will go to ferrari

Sooperstar
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

What everyone said when Hamilton left McLaren for an uncompetitive Mercedes. 

How peculiar. He wasn't anywhere near 8 world titles at that point. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Christian Horner under investigation by Red Bull. Horner by name... 

They haven’t said what’s being investigated, but „inappropriate behaviour towards an employee“ usually means one thing. He surely wouldn’t be that stupid. He’s got far too much to lose in his business and personal lives. 

I’ve heard he has a reputation for being a bit of a bully in the workplace. He’s maybe gone a bit too far on that score. 
Time will tell. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They haven’t said what’s being investigated, but „inappropriate behaviour towards an employee“ usually means one thing. He surely wouldn’t be that stupid. He’s got far too much to lose in his business and personal lives. 

I’ve heard he has a reputation for being a bit of a bully in the workplace. He’s maybe gone a bit too far on that score. 
Time will tell. 

Sent photos to a female going by reports I’ve seen. 

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

there are reports he has been asked to step down/resign

4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

very rich man, Geri will be doing the sums in her head if it’s worth hanging around or going for a 50/50 divorce settlement. 

Mikey1874

Horner is an interesting one. I've found his race day interviews on the TV really enlightening. He comes across well.

He can be a prick but that's certainly not unique in this business. They all take their turns. 

Would be a loss to F1 if he's forced out and if he is, hopefully can make a comeback. 

Edited by Mikey1874

SectionDJambo

Who will be the number 1 driver at Ferrari ?

Can't see Le Clerq being happy to be number 2. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

If reports are correct and Hamilton's being paid €1m annually, it could be that Ferrari are saying that they value him higher. Then again, he could be getting paid a sweetener to accept that Le Clerc is the nominal #1.

Statts1976uk
On 05/02/2024 at 22:20, Tazio said:

very rich man, Geri will be doing the sums in her head if it’s worth hanging around or going for a 50/50 divorce settlement. 

Geri is hardly skint herself, by all accounts she's looked after what she made in the 90s.

I P Knightley
On 05/02/2024 at 20:45, milky_26 said:

there are reports he has been asked to step down/resign

I've not seen the detail of the allegations against him. 

Has he been feeling up the lassies or is it manipulative coercion/bullying of his staff. 

He's a wee man, so I'm guessing it's more of the latter than fumbling the bursds. 

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Charlie will be #1. He signed a new deal days before Hamilton was announced. He wouldn't have signed without assurances I'd imagine. 

Lewis going to Ferrari at the age of 40/41 is a box ticking exercise of the highest order from both sides. 

I P Knightley
On 07/02/2024 at 15:58, I P Knightley said:

I've not seen the detail of the allegations against him. 

Has he been feeling up the lassies or is it manipulative coercion/bullying of his staff. 

He's a wee man, so I'm guessing it's more of the latter than fumbling the bursds. 

I'm hearing that dick pics may have been involved. 

henrysmithsgloves
27 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm hearing that dick pics may have been involved. 

Which one of the Hibs lot?

hughesie27
On 07/02/2024 at 10:13, I P Knightley said:

If reports are correct and Hamilton's being paid €1m annually, it could be that Ferrari are saying that they value him higher. Then again, he could be getting paid a sweetener to accept that Le Clerc is the nominal #1.

I was under the impression most drivers are on multimillion £ deals each year?

1 million would be pennies compared to what he is on at Mercedes. Maybe 1 million per race!

Edited by hughesie27

Sooperstar
38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

1 million would be pennies compared to what he is on at Mercedes. Maybe 1 million per race!

Nah, most of them have to come with their own sponsors just to get a seat. Only the top ones actually get paid by the teams. I think. 

Edit: seems things may have moved on from this. 

Edited by Sooperstar

hughesie27
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Nah, most of them have to come with their own sponsors just to get a seat. Only the top ones actually get paid by the teams. I think. 

So these salaries come from sponsors rather than teams?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/how-much-are-f1-drivers-paid-here-are-the-salaries-for-every-driver-in-2023/3160911/%3famp=1

47 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

£1m is almost looking like a typo. Considering Martin Boyle is reportedly on £520k a year. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Sorry - I missed a couple of zeros.

€100 million. 

One Hundred Million!

For driving a car in circles.

A HUNNER Million quid. 

Edited by I P Knightley